Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 786010 times)

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #1620 on: February 18, 2020, 04:31:57 PM »
I know you just said you don't want aftermarket insoles but I find the remind medics work great in 212s and 213s. And they will last several pairs of shoes at least.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #1621 on: February 18, 2020, 04:40:45 PM »
I know you just said you don't want aftermarket insoles but I find the remind medics work great in 212s and 213s. And they will last several pairs of shoes at least.
Hmmm My concern is that in the past I have had insoles that push my heel up too far.I dont remember the brand I but used but I was disappointed to say the least.If these give mid sole support but dont raise the heel then that might be my solution.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1622 on: February 18, 2020, 05:42:48 PM »
can you expand upon the remind medics? Very interested. Not really wanting to go the footprint route.

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #1623 on: February 18, 2020, 06:16:44 PM »
Sure. Not everyone's bag but they are stiff and cradle your heel nicely while providing perfect arch support for my feet (I have medium high arches) I like them in vulcs as they add more support, security and impact absorption. My foot just feels safer... def take away some board feel but being 44 and breaking toes... they keep me going into a session a lot longer. They are $45 new but I've had three sets I've found on sale for half that and each pair has lasted me over a year.

I was not a fan of the footprints I had.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #1624 on: February 18, 2020, 06:23:57 PM »
You sold me at 44 and medium high arches..Those are two of my attributes as well! Thanks alot man I will be ordering a pair tomorrow.

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #1625 on: February 18, 2020, 07:10:55 PM »
Ha. Nice! I hope they work for you as well as they work for me.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #1626 on: February 19, 2020, 05:18:25 AM »
WHERE WE AT WITH THE NB NUMERIC HIGH TOP???????
good come sausage

rothdigga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 574
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1627 on: February 19, 2020, 01:41:45 PM »

Nov 1...2020...something special coming your way.  I can't show pics or anything but you'll be hyped.  Proper hi-top coming

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #1628 on: February 19, 2020, 01:42:43 PM »
^cupsole?
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1629 on: February 19, 2020, 01:53:42 PM »
^that would be a dream.
Why the fuck nobody can make a cupsole high top and slip on?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rothdigga

« Reply #1630 on: February 19, 2020, 02:26:17 PM »
^that would be a dream.

I can confirm it is a cupsole...yes. 

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #1631 on: February 19, 2020, 02:27:59 PM »
Ordered 868 and some PJ Ladd' s.. 50% off
 I had no idea about sizing so I went with what I wear in Adidas seems about right.

Only skated the 868 briefly seem like they will be very once broken in....
quality on both seem top notch..
originally bought the second pair to get free shipping but will be keeping both

Are the 868 over and done with?

rothdigga

« Reply #1632 on: February 19, 2020, 03:38:03 PM »
 I had no idea about sizing so I went with what I wear in Adidas seems about right.

868's aren't totally over and done with, but they aren't part of the assortment anymore.  But we will bring them back for special drops from time to time.  But once the Tiago drops, anyone who was an 868 fan should be able to jump right into those and be super stoked.  His shoe is amazing. 

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #1633 on: February 19, 2020, 05:12:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
868's aren't totally over and done with, but they aren't part of the assortment anymore.  But we will bring them back for special drops from time to time.  But once the Tiago drops, anyone who was an 868 fan should be able to jump right into those and be super stoked.  His shoe is amazing.
  Tiagos Sound interesting and expensive..

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1634 on: February 19, 2020, 05:22:54 PM »
I've got some Westgates on the way to me and I am pretty excited. I love the 440's in every way, and these seem somehow even better?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1635 on: February 19, 2020, 05:28:54 PM »
Yeah tried 440’s on today, felt pretty damn amazing and will have to use this New Balance $20 off reward on a pair before it expires...

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1636 on: February 19, 2020, 07:14:28 PM »
868's aren't totally over and done with

nice

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1637 on: February 19, 2020, 09:21:20 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #1638 on: February 20, 2020, 04:26:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nov 1...2020...something special coming your way.  I can't show pics or anything but you'll be hyped.  Proper hi-top coming

EXCELLENT
good come sausage

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1639 on: February 20, 2020, 05:22:51 AM »
Expand Quote
^that would be a dream.
[close]

I can confirm it is a cupsole...yes.
<3
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1640 on: February 20, 2020, 06:35:07 AM »
So I’ve had two half-sessions in the 913s. One with my preferred insoles and one with the included Ortholites.

First off, the midsole padding is exactly what I’ve been looking for since I can no longer get Reynolds Lows. Heel and ball of foot feel cushioned- which ought to be a no-brainer but it’s 2020 and somehow everyone has decided that you don’t need any foot padding for jumping off shit and landing on concrete. (FWIW, the MOST cushioned shoes today have as about as much heel padding as the Rowley XLT had in the toe). I like that you can swap out insoles.

The rest of the shoe is decent although a few bits rub me the wrong way (literally). The tongue is not well padded and the top digs into my instep. The heel collar seems high and hits my achilles painfully. Both of these feel like they will break in but ought to be more padded/angled away/trimmed.

The outsole grip is not bad although the herringbone tread is not that deep and I expect will wear out before the upper (reminds me of something from the early Nike SB line).

The plastic cage is dumb and adds nothing but cost and a firm surface to shred laces against. It doesn’t pinch in my case but you’d get a better fit without it. Reminds me of the first adidas Boost shoes and everyone hated it on those and it was eventually replaced with a thinner, more flexible, rubber like cage.

There is a lot of volume in the toe box. With my aftermarket insoles in its not bad but in my second session after it had broken in a bit and I had the original insoles back in, it felt cavernous. I think it has a lot to do with the square-ish toe shape, which isn’t so apparent in most pictures. Would have preferred more rounded or pointy. The whole shoe feels a bit understuffed for its width and profile. Maybe I could have gone down a half size although my toes would probably be right up to the edge in that case.

In summary, I really like sole padding and I can deal with the rest but the upper isn’t a slam dunk for me.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 06:36:40 AM by Willie »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1641 on: February 20, 2020, 07:01:32 AM »
Thought the same about the toe volume! I went a half size up because of a great deal but they're definitely too big with the square toe shape combined with the height of the toebox. Half size down is probably perfect, or TTS like you said but with some getting used to. The construction of the shoe is top notch and I think the tongue and heel will vary depending on foot shape.

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #1642 on: February 20, 2020, 09:58:18 AM »
My two cents on the 913 with 8-10 sessions on them so far.

I too absolutely love the cushion and support. Busenitz and Lucas ADV got me to switch to cupsole but after a few pair i realized i needed more under foot. The 913 provides exactly what I want.  A lot of what Willie disliked about the tongue/heel/padding feels exactly right for my feet. Even down to the toe box, my second toe is longer than my big toe so I wasn't sure the square shape would work but it also is naturally a little bent so the height accommodates it perfectly. When I slide my foot in they feel like a premium $100 shoe should. I have definitely found my shoe of choice for the foreseeable future.

ShiftyNuggets

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1643 on: February 22, 2020, 05:20:44 AM »
When people around here say they want a proper high top, are we talking about a CTAS type silhouette or something like a dunk or a SK8-hi? Not trying to pry into the upcoming high top, more curious to know what people want from a high.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1644 on: February 22, 2020, 05:44:42 AM »
When people around here say they want a proper high top, are we talking about a CTAS type silhouette or something like a dunk or a SK8-hi? Not trying to pry into the upcoming high top, more curious to know what people want from a high.
cupsole. With a balance of cushion protection boardfeel flexibility and support.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #1645 on: February 22, 2020, 06:39:11 AM »
what’s the fit on the 212’s? I wear a 9 in just about everything, but I wanna make sure these are TTS before ordering online.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #1646 on: February 22, 2020, 06:56:10 AM »
Im kind of surprised there haven't been any leaks of Tiago's shoe besides that insta clip.

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #1647 on: February 22, 2020, 09:26:32 AM »
Im kind of surprised there haven't been any leaks of Tiago's shoe besides that insta clip.

Roth is tying up any shop owner who takes a picture of the catalog in their chairs and doing the Reservoir Dogs dance in front of them before cutting off their ‘Start New Topic’ finger.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #1648 on: February 22, 2020, 04:33:16 PM »
what’s the fit on the 212’s? I wear a 9 in just about everything, but I wanna make sure these are TTS before ordering online.
Half size down was a perfect fit for me bud. I read up quite a bit before I ordered them and the general consensus was 1/2 size down with the 212 an 213. I'm normally a 10 in all skate shoes and I got a 9.5 and I am glad I did.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 04:36:02 PM by Seventyfrigginseven »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
« Reply #1649 on: February 23, 2020, 03:05:29 AM »
I wonder if NB# will return to Chile, nothing on the Chilean website for ages...
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.