Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 777065 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #2580 on: November 16, 2020, 02:47:01 AM »
Still waiting patiently for NB# to come back finally to Chile so I can wear nothing but 440 for the rest of my life.
I'm starting losing hope tho.
Guys @ NB# were nice enough to send me 2 pairs to Prague because an issue I had with some 358 at the time. Got the 255 and 440, that changed my life in the sense that I loved the shoes but 440 blew my mind.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #2581 on: November 16, 2020, 07:20:52 PM »

Just came home from work to these in the mail. They feel amazing right out of the box, I usually don't buy the same shoe twice but I might have to grab another pair.

Coincidentally, they remind me of AF1's, and I do need two purs.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #2582 on: November 16, 2020, 11:58:20 PM »
How's the grip on the bottom? I like a very grippy shoe and NB cup soles haven't always scratched that itch.

Just came home from work to these in the mail. They feel amazing right out of the box, I usually don't buy the same shoe twice but I might have to grab another pair.

How much for an order of ribs?

Acky Jacky

« Reply #2583 on: November 17, 2020, 06:46:20 AM »
How's the grip on the bottom? I like a very grippy shoe and NB cup soles haven't always scratched that itch.

Expand Quote

[close]

I’ll get back to you on that, I probably won’t be able to skate until Thursday.

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2584 on: November 17, 2020, 10:24:38 AM »
I have some 440s on the way. Normally wear 10 and hope these don't run small.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #2585 on: November 17, 2020, 11:00:15 AM »

You’ll be good, I had the same concern.

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2586 on: November 17, 2020, 12:43:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You’ll be good, I had the same concern.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to them.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #2587 on: November 19, 2020, 02:52:47 PM »

Update after 4 hours of skating. I love the shoe, I'll probably get another pair in this color. They are as different as night and day compared to the Slap eBay edition 440. These felt broken in right out of the box, the sole seems more flexible by comparison. Part of it has to be that the high top version is inherently roomier, but there are other differences too.

I don't think they're particularly grippy, but they're how I like shoes to be. They're not like a new pair of Vans, where the board almost gets stuck to your front foot on a kickflip or something, so take that as you will.

p.s. sorry if the images I post appear too large?

shitdick22

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2588 on: November 19, 2020, 04:59:27 PM »

Anyone know anything about the nbs taylor mcclung is skating in this. They look kinda like westgates shoe but with an airbubble. Vids probably filmed a while ago so could be a scrapped design or something but they look sick.

rothdigga

• Rep: 570
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2589 on: November 19, 2020, 05:03:43 PM »

Anyone know anything about the nbs taylor mcclung is skating in this. They look kinda like westgates shoe but with an airbubble. Vids probably filmed a while ago so could be a scrapped design or something but they look sick.

Taylor was a massive 868 fan so most of those shoes you see him in here were probably from his stockpile of OG 868's that he had tucked away. 

rothdigga

« Reply #2590 on: November 19, 2020, 05:04:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Update after 4 hours of skating. I love the shoe, I'll probably get another pair in this color. They are as different as night and day compared to the Slap eBay edition 440. These felt broken in right out of the box, the sole seems more flexible by comparison. Part of it has to be that the high top version is inherently roomier, but there are other differences too.

I don't think they're particularly grippy, but they're how I like shoes to be. They're not like a new pair of Vans, where the board almost gets stuck to your front foot on a kickflip or something, so take that as you will.

Are you about to fry that 440-hi up with some bacon? 

Acky Jacky

« Reply #2591 on: November 19, 2020, 05:31:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Are you about to fry that 440-hi up with some bacon?

The light above my stove was just the best my apartment had to offer haha. I tried to not overthink the photo.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2592 on: November 23, 2020, 11:27:52 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #2593 on: November 23, 2020, 12:12:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Taylor was a massive 868 fan so most of those shoes you see him in here were probably from his stockpile of OG 868's that he had tucked away.

Roth, just curious as to why NB decided to discontinue the 868? Seems like a lot of the team really liked them Surrey, Trahan, Levi, Davis, Knox before the 440s came out tons of the flow guys like Taylor and Dom Henry. Did they just not sell well? With the west gate and Tiagos are they just too similar? I love the shoe personally and stocked up a while back. I’ve bought the Tiagos and now the Tom Knox 440 hi, and while they are great shoes none of them as as good as the 868’s IMO.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #2594 on: November 23, 2020, 03:06:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Roth, just curious as to why NB decided to discontinue the 868? Seems like a lot of the team really liked them Surrey, Trahan, Levi, Davis, Knox before the 440s came out tons of the flow guys like Taylor and Dom Henry. Did they just not sell well? With the west gate and Tiagos are they just too similar? I love the shoe personally and stocked up a while back. I’ve bought the Tiagos and now the Tom Knox 440 hi, and while they are great shoes none of them as as good as the 868’s IMO.

i'd love to have another round of 868. i'd get a pair for sure. that shoe was awesome. 

Justin616

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2595 on: November 24, 2020, 09:13:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think these drop along the brown suede/black sole.

Usually one color in leather, then one in suede in each season.

Does anyone know when these come out as well as the brown/black ones?

rothdigga

« Reply #2596 on: November 24, 2020, 06:14:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

They were a super good shoe but overall they sold poorly in reality.  Once we launched the Westgate 913 and then the Tiago 1010, it was hard to keep ANOTHER $100 shoe in the line.  Sometimes it's difficult to cut good shoes but it's also impossible to keep 3 shoes at that price range.  But, with shoes like that we tend to do special edition ones about once a year (like the 420) so it's not fully gone forever, just on pause for now. 

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2597 on: November 24, 2020, 06:31:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I think these drop along the brown suede/black sole.

Usually one color in leather, then one in suede in each season.
[close]

Does anyone know when these come out as well as the brown/black ones?

I think in January.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2598 on: November 25, 2020, 05:48:05 AM »
@rothdigga please do keep the 420s around, they fill a nice gap in the lack of vegan cupsoles market.
A while back you talked about 3 new vegan models coming out next spring right?
Will there be a cupsole/ non-canvas shoe in that mix?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2599 on: November 25, 2020, 07:47:23 AM »
New Brown Foy's just came out $130.... fuckkkk i reallllllllllly want them. The Green ones are the best shoes I have ever had. I only skated Busenitz for the past like 9 years this was the only shoe that came close for me

rothdigga

« Reply #2600 on: November 25, 2020, 08:49:03 AM »
@rothdigga please do keep the 420s around, they fill a nice gap in the lack of vegan cupsoles market.
A while back you talked about 3 new vegan models coming out next spring right?
Will there be a cupsole/ non-canvas shoe in that mix?

420's should have a special drop each year and I would expect that to continue, so you'll always have those.  I think one of the vegan options is synthetic suede so that's good and the 420's are always non-canvas. 

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #2601 on: November 25, 2020, 06:18:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
They were a super good shoe but overall they sold poorly in reality.  Once we launched the Westgate 913 and then the Tiago 1010, it was hard to keep ANOTHER $100 shoe in the line.  Sometimes it's difficult to cut good shoes but it's also impossible to keep 3 shoes at that price range.  But, with shoes like that we tend to do special edition ones about once a year (like the 420) so it's not fully gone forever, just on pause for now.

I can understand that, makes sense just a bummer more people weren't feelin' them. They are/were pricey but for me the fit feel and durability made them worth $100+. If you guys put out another color way again I'll definitely add them to my stash. Thanks for getting back to me.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2602 on: November 25, 2020, 07:44:32 PM »

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #2603 on: November 25, 2020, 07:55:09 PM »

Excuse my ignorance but I’m confused is this a new model or just a colorway?

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2604 on: November 25, 2020, 09:28:04 PM »
It’s a previous all coasts model I believe. My local received them last week or so but haven’t sold yet.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #2607 on: November 26, 2020, 07:11:14 AM »
not feeling those primitive collabs tbh too much chunk. im all about those Foy's. I like the Westgates though. btw did that PJ Part for new bal ever come out?

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #2608 on: November 26, 2020, 08:51:01 AM »
Yeah, he had one In Tri-Color a few years back. Youtube it, sick video.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #2609 on: November 26, 2020, 08:52:54 AM »
yeah but wasnt there a new video supposed to be dropping like a few weeks ago ?