Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765993 times)

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #2520 on: October 29, 2020, 02:38:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Can anyone comment on the sole durability of the 913? As in are they exceptionally durable? I've been wanting to try them badly but with the 440's I've skated I wore through them before my uppers were done. I'm specifically skating the elijah berle shoe now because they added more rubber on the bottom. So I know it's a me problem but was curious.
[close]

Not great. I like the shoe a lot but the ball of the foot has worn really fast for me. The tread wasn’t that deep to begin with. The heel has barely worn at all.
Didn't have much of an issue with the 913 soles at all. Shoe is pretty damn durable, I'd recommend to anyone. I wasn't foot dragging all that much though I guess.

Second Division

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #2521 on: October 29, 2020, 04:00:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Nov 9 for these bad boys from Knox.  Coming soon!  I've been skating them...makes me feel like Lotti in Now N Later (if anyone gets that reference).
[close]

Roth - any date for the white versions that Jack posted a few weeks back?
[close]
Those are Spring 2021 colorways so those white ones will be Feb 1 delivery most likely.  It's possible they show up later due to some lag time I'm seeing on production right now but right around then i would expect them.

Appreciate it as always!

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #2522 on: October 29, 2020, 08:23:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can anyone comment on the sole durability of the 913? As in are they exceptionally durable? I've been wanting to try them badly but with the 440's I've skated I wore through them before my uppers were done. I'm specifically skating the elijah berle shoe now because they added more rubber on the bottom. So I know it's a me problem but was curious.
[close]

Not great. I like the shoe a lot but the ball of the foot has worn really fast for me. The tread wasn’t that deep to begin with. The heel has barely worn at all.
[close]
Didn't have much of an issue with the 913 soles at all. Shoe is pretty damn durable, I'd recommend to anyone. I wasn't foot dragging all that much though I guess.

I appreciate the feedback from both of you guys. I'll have to weigh my options

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2523 on: October 29, 2020, 08:50:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I appreciate the feedback from both of you guys. I'll have to weigh my options

The sole started to go on mine by the end of skating the shoe, but that's only because the upper was so good and the shoe lasted me so long that the sole became a problem. Honestly one of the more durable shoes I've skated in a while, and because of the weird plastic/rubber cage it doesn't lose its shape like other shoes I've skated (the 440s felt so loose by the end of skating them).

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2524 on: October 30, 2020, 09:34:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Nov 9 for these bad boys from Knox.  Coming soon!  I've been skating them...makes me feel like Lotti in Now N Later (if anyone gets that reference).
[close]

[close]
Those are Spring 2021 colorways so those white ones will be Feb 1 delivery most likely.  It's possible they show up later due to some lag time I'm seeing on production right now but right around then i would expect them.
Are these high tops?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2525 on: October 30, 2020, 09:47:27 AM »
Via Tiago story. Can’t wait for these.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2526 on: October 30, 2020, 09:48:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
Are these high tops?

Yes:

Expand Quote
Any more pics, info, or places to buy those 400 high tops? If that's what they're called. The hightop cupsole.
[close]
my local got delivery, not sure if they can sell yet.

SKU NM440HTK
listed online though some places
8-12
https://www.furnaceskate.com/collections/shoes/products/copy-of-nm440htk?variant=32882431033428

10, 10.5, 11
https://www.east4th.com/product-page/new-balance-nm440htk

OOS/stock not loaded yet
https://www.paradeworld.com/products/nm440htk-53-4774797639764/
https://www.buywake.com/new-balance-numeric-440-tom-knox-high-tops

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

sayjackson

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2527 on: October 30, 2020, 01:42:56 PM »
Your review is basically how I feel about 420s, pretty hard to fault any any area apart from the insoles. Also broke in right out of the box but never felt floppy

you didn’t find that the 420s were a little long? i’ve worn a 12 in every shoe since my feet stopped growing (i own a couple pairs of new balance running shoes even) and i kept getting that folding of extra material into my pinky toes. really bummed me out because it’s my first pair of numerics. i really want to try those 288s though, love a football inspired shoe even if my slightly wider feet don’t always agree.

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
« Reply #2528 on: October 30, 2020, 03:10:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Your review is basically how I feel about 420s, pretty hard to fault any any area apart from the insoles. Also broke in right out of the box but never felt floppy
[close]

you didn’t find that the 420s were a little long? i’ve worn a 12 in every shoe since my feet stopped growing (i own a couple pairs of new balance running shoes even) and i kept getting that folding of extra material into my pinky toes. really bummed me out because it’s my first pair of numerics. i really want to try those 288s though, love a football inspired shoe even if my slightly wider feet don’t always agree.

I've got a little wider and VERY flat foot and the 288s is perfect for me, if that's any help.  I didn't personally like the feel of the 420 so I never kept rocking them when I got a pair (I work here at NB#...full disclosure) but the 288's are so nice feeling for me. 

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2529 on: October 30, 2020, 03:47:39 PM »
420s in the hard plastic material absolutely sucked (sorry Roth), but in the faux suede they are perfect shoe for me. I initially thought they fitted half size too big too but it’s just the wide ness of the toe box I think, once I got use to it other shoes feel too snug on my toes. Or maybe they fixed the sizing from the first few runs?
For reference mine are the green/ white 420 limited edition versions

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #2530 on: October 30, 2020, 11:23:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
Are these high tops?
[close]

Yes:

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Any more pics, info, or places to buy those 400 high tops? If that's what they're called. The hightop cupsole.
[close]
my local got delivery, not sure if they can sell yet.

SKU NM440HTK
listed online though some places
8-12
https://www.furnaceskate.com/collections/shoes/products/copy-of-nm440htk?variant=32882431033428

10, 10.5, 11
https://www.east4th.com/product-page/new-balance-nm440htk

OOS/stock not loaded yet
https://www.paradeworld.com/products/nm440htk-53-4774797639764/
https://www.buywake.com/new-balance-numeric-440-tom-knox-high-tops

[close]

I like that they’re doing what Nike seems to be doing - giving the first colorway of a new shoe to a team rider.  Gives extra incentive to support a skater since that’s the only way to test out the shoe (not that this shoe or Tom Knox is lacking supporters in any way, but in general)

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #2531 on: November 01, 2020, 03:20:40 PM »
Been on the 306 all year, wanted to try something different and got a pair of janoski’s. It’s pretty apparent my time to skate those has passed hahah. Might skate the 440’s we all got for 23 dollars next since my feet feel much more secure

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #2532 on: November 01, 2020, 07:24:57 PM »
Been on the 306 all year, wanted to try something different and got a pair of janoski’s. It’s pretty apparent my time to skate those has passed hahah. Might skate the 440’s we all got for 23 dollars next since my feet feel much more secure

306s a good shoe you reckon? Are they a wider or narrow shoe
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #2533 on: November 01, 2020, 11:36:55 PM »

How the hell did I miss the 440's for $23

When did this happen?

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #2534 on: November 02, 2020, 04:43:20 AM »
So Kawhi just did a silly Jolly Rancher collab collection which brought a model I have never seen to my attention... the 480 Low. I would skate the shit out of this shoe damn!

Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2535 on: November 02, 2020, 05:09:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

306s a good shoe you reckon? Are they a wider or narrow shoe
306 is a great shoe especially if you catch them on sale on the NB site. I felt like they were a little wide but they were TTS for me. They break in really nice. I actually have another pair on deck just incase

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2536 on: November 02, 2020, 05:11:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When did this happen?
Hahaha oh man.. we ALL got them. There’s a NB outlet that sells through eBay. I can’t remember the name but everyone pounced. This was a few months ago.

Glurmpz

« Reply #2537 on: November 02, 2020, 05:28:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I've got a little wider and VERY flat foot and the 288s is perfect for me, if that's any help.  I didn't personally like the feel of the 420 so I never kept rocking them when I got a pair (I work here at NB#...full disclosure) but the 288's are so nice feeling for me.

Question - I too have a very flat foot, and I have yet to try on a New Balance shoe that feels comfortable. That includes non skate ones I tried on in the past. I work in a shop that carries a lot of NB#, just got those 288’s. Same thing. My question is, are all NB# shoes designed for high arches, or are they possibly uncomfortable until you break them in? I just find it odd that a long-standing  footwear company doesn’t make a single shoe that feels good on my foot.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #2538 on: November 02, 2020, 06:12:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Question - I too have a very flat foot, and I have yet to try on a New Balance shoe that feels comfortable. That includes non skate ones I tried on in the past. I work in a shop that carries a lot of NB#, just got those 288’s. Same thing. My question is, are all NB# shoes designed for high arches, or are they possibly uncomfortable until you break them in? I just find it odd that a long-standing  footwear company doesn’t make a single shoe that feels good on my foot.
haven't had a pair in a year or two but the 212's were always quite flat

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #2539 on: November 02, 2020, 08:31:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

When did this happen?
[close]
Hahaha oh man.. we ALL got them. There’s a NB outlet that sells through eBay. I can’t remember the name but everyone pounced. This was a few months ago.

Joe's New Balance Outlet

https://www.ebay.com/str/joesnewbalanceoutlet

That looks like it'd be it

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2540 on: November 02, 2020, 09:14:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

When did this happen?
[close]
[close]

Joe's New Balance Outlet

I met two people at skateparks with the same 440’s. Both asked me if I got them from eBay.

Who didn’t get a pair or two of them?

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #2541 on: November 02, 2020, 09:19:36 PM »
Here’s what happened

Ok, so this was a shoe we did for Spring 2019 and it did OK when it launched but sort of took off later on and sold out.  I'm constantly looking at old colorways we do to bring back to the shops to sell.  Right now things are INSANE and shops are begging for shoes, as much as we can give them.  I did a re-order of this shoe plus 3 other styles 6 months ago for a June 2020 delivery for stock to sell to shops.  I went to check the stock on this shoe and they were super low...the other 3 shoes had full stock of what I ordered but this one we were missing almost all of it.  I did some internal sleuth work and noticed that SOMEHOW we offloaded them to our company owned offprice dealer, Joe's New Balance.  They're not supposed to get any Numeric at all, ever.  Especially right now when I can move almost anything we have at full price.  Once I noticed it, it was too late, I think they sold out all of the stock in 4 days.  Joe's had them up on Ebay for $29.95 and I was shit out of luck.  But...like I said, I'm stoked that a bunch of SLAP homies saw they were up and stocked up on them.  If that's what it took for some people to dive into the brand for the first time, then it was worth the screw up on our back half. 

One question I have for you dudes...how many did you buy?  Like did someone buy 10 at a time or anything wild like that?  Just curious on that front.

kook1234

• Rep: 133
« Reply #2542 on: November 03, 2020, 08:50:25 AM »

😍

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
« Reply #2543 on: November 03, 2020, 09:44:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Similar to what NotMike said above, 212's should be very flat (those are 1/2 size large, our only non TTS shoe.  I'm an 11.5 in everything but that shoe an 11).  I find the 288 to be decently flat.  Most of our vulcs (306, 255, 379) should be flatter than our cupsoles.  But honestly, sometimes shoes just won't fit certain peoples feet, but I would think you should find something that works. 

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2544 on: November 03, 2020, 09:59:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

When did this happen?
[close]
[close]

Joe's New Balance Outlet

[close]

I met two people at skateparks with the same 440’s. Both asked me if I got them from eBay.

Apparently @RossDailey

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #2545 on: November 03, 2020, 11:29:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
😍
Very tempted to buy these the second they drop.
The only concern I have about the Tiago would be that I wore through the forefoot on the sole way quicker that the upper.
Realistically, the upper looks untouched and the tread on the soles is just flatten out, not actually any holes. So the shoes are amazing and feel better than anything I've had in recent years, but skating slippery skateparks in 2 month old Tiago's starts getting difficult once the sole flattens out. Skating street they would probably last another month.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2546 on: November 03, 2020, 11:48:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

When did this happen?
[close]
[close]

Joe's New Balance Outlet

[close]

[close]
Apparently @RossDailey

Sad.  :(

kook1234

• Rep: 133
« Reply #2547 on: November 03, 2020, 12:00:47 PM »
Very tempted to buy these the second they drop.
The only concern I have about the Tiago would be that I wore through the forefoot on the sole way quicker that the upper.
Realistically, the upper looks untouched and the tread on the soles is just flatten out, not actually any holes. So the shoes are amazing and feel better than anything I've had in recent years, but skating slippery skateparks in 2 month old Tiago's starts getting difficult once the sole flattens out. Skating street they would probably last another month.
I have the exact same gripe. Right now I'm rotating two different pairs, which helps, but the tread is generally just really poorly designed on these. Not enough to stop me from skating em, but they would probably last 2 or 3 times longer with a better tread pattern.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2548 on: November 03, 2020, 12:35:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

When did this happen?
[close]
[close]

Joe's New Balance Outlet

[close]

[close]
Apparently @RossDailey
[close]

Sad.  :(
It really was the shoe come up of the year.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2549 on: November 05, 2020, 11:49:56 PM »