Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765540 times)

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #2490 on: October 26, 2020, 01:48:39 PM »
I know the sizing questions are endless, but I知 wearing a 10.5 in the Tiago. Does anyone know if I should half size down for the 440s? Thanks
Same size.

RossDailey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #2491 on: October 26, 2020, 02:20:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Any more pics, info, or places to buy those 400 high tops? If that's what they're called. The hightop cupsole.
[close]
my local got delivery, not sure if they can sell yet.

SKU NM440HTK
listed online though some places
8-12
https://www.furnaceskate.com/collections/shoes/products/copy-of-nm440htk?variant=32882431033428

10, 10.5, 11
https://www.east4th.com/product-page/new-balance-nm440htk

OOS/stock not loaded yet
https://www.paradeworld.com/products/nm440htk-53-4774797639764/
https://www.buywake.com/new-balance-numeric-440-tom-knox-high-tops

Long Beach gets the goods ASAP

JK42

• Rep: 20
« Reply #2492 on: October 27, 2020, 05:37:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Any more pics, info, or places to buy those 400 high tops? If that's what they're called. The hightop cupsole.
[close]
my local got delivery, not sure if they can sell yet.

SKU NM440HTK
listed online though some places
8-12
https://www.furnaceskate.com/collections/shoes/products/copy-of-nm440htk?variant=32882431033428

10, 10.5, 11
https://www.east4th.com/product-page/new-balance-nm440htk

OOS/stock not loaded yet
https://www.paradeworld.com/products/nm440htk-53-4774797639764/
https://www.buywake.com/new-balance-numeric-440-tom-knox-high-tops

[close]

Long Beach gets the goods ASAP

Am I right in thinking that the 440s run a little bit on the longer side, and you could 1/2 size down?

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #2493 on: October 27, 2020, 05:48:54 AM »
I do that, but it seems half the people here will go a half size up. A size 9.5 440 is the same length as a size 10 dunk though.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #2494 on: October 27, 2020, 06:34:23 AM »
I do that, but it seems half the people here will go a half size up. A size 9.5 440 is the same length as a size 10 dunk though.
But this is because dunks tend to run slightly smaller, not because 440s run big.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #2495 on: October 27, 2020, 06:43:55 AM »
I know the sizing questions are endless, but I知 wearing a 10.5 in the Tiago. Does anyone know if I should half size down for the 440s? Thanks

I wear a 10 in both. The 440 is a very snug shoe, so I can't see anyone needing to size down.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2496 on: October 27, 2020, 06:54:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wear a 10 in both. The 440 is a very snug shoe, so I can't see anyone needing to size down.
Agreed. I wouldn't size down. 440 toebox height gets narrow, although the toe does seem a bit long, barely though. Breaks in great, I'd get same size.

fixedgearbike

• Rep: -16
« Reply #2497 on: October 27, 2020, 07:03:40 AM »
Anyone know when those Foy slips come out?

Curbyourenthusiasm

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2498 on: October 27, 2020, 07:53:45 AM »
Thanks for all the info on the sizing everyone. I値l go same size. The Tiago length is perfect but I personally find the toe box a bit too wide. So hopefully the 440 is tighter🙌

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #2499 on: October 27, 2020, 08:01:11 AM »

The days of me spending more than $20 on skate shoes are far behind me but this is probably the best looking skate shoe I have seen in ages. May get some as chillers jeez

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #2500 on: October 27, 2020, 11:46:03 AM »
Thanks for all the info on the sizing everyone. I値l go same size. The Tiago length is perfect but I personally find the toe box a bit too wide. So hopefully the 440 is tighter🙌

it is a little bit tighter, in my experience, but still roomy enough. not a narrow shoe at all imo. you should be fine.

anyone knows when the brown-black 1010s will drop? seems like a good winter chiller.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2501 on: October 27, 2020, 07:53:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

it is a little bit tighter, in my experience, but still roomy enough. not a narrow shoe at all imo. you should be fine.

anyone knows when the brown-black 1010s will drop? seems like a good winter chiller.

I think those are the next colorways to drop. January? I値l need a pair. The one green eyelet sold me.  ;D
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #2502 on: October 28, 2020, 01:31:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think those are the next colorways to drop. January? I値l need a pair. The one green eyelet sold me.  ;D

Awesome, I wanted to know this too. I'm skating the white leather color-way and they rule, but I feel like the don't go with any of my pants. I know that sounds ridiculous but I feel like I can only wear them with sweats or shorts. I was skating them with a big pair of brown dickies and a flannel and I filmed something on my phone and I looked kind of silly. I usually look silly though; I'm tragically not cool looking. I wore them with wrangler jeans thinking it would give Tiago vibes but it gave me more of my wife's uncle John vibes. Just classic quintessential dad vibes.

Also I like skating a suede shoe better than a leather one.

JK42

• Rep: 20
« Reply #2503 on: October 28, 2020, 02:09:08 AM »
White 1010s are a bold style statement. Might need to refresh you skate wardrobe from the ground up. Out with the dickies and flannels and in with sports casual.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 07:14:07 AM by JK42 »

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #2504 on: October 28, 2020, 09:25:58 AM »
White 1010s are a bold style statement. Might need to refresh you skate wardrobe from the ground up. Out with the dickies and flannels and in with sports casual.

I own lots of basketball jerseys and stuff like that but it's starting to get cold on the east coast. I'm not sure my pants options. They've looked off with couple pairs of my jeans and stuff.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #2505 on: October 28, 2020, 10:26:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I own lots of basketball jerseys and stuff like that but it's starting to get cold on the east coast. I'm not sure my pants options. They've looked off with couple pairs of my jeans and stuff.

I would just hit up a thrift store! That's what I did when I realized my highwaters looked crazy with the tiagos

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
« Reply #2508 on: October 28, 2020, 02:23:38 PM »
My body is ready

Nov 9 for these bad boys from Knox.  Coming soon!  I've been skating them...makes me feel like Lotti in Now N Later (if anyone gets that reference). 

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #2509 on: October 28, 2020, 02:40:11 PM »
I was going to hoard this and just clean it out myself, but I decided to save the last pair of 11 for someone else. $45 for black/black 913s on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VG2DRXK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1M5EIC3PTHQ2U&psc=1

Make sure you select the black/black color and then in the size drop down at the bottom it has them listed as womens size/mens size for some reason, so like for the 11 I had to select womens 12.5/mens 11.

I already ordered two pairs and it's legit. They ship without the box (presumably to keep the cost down) so if you're trying to be one of those cool reseller dildos you're out of luck. Not sure if the shipping is free without amazon prime or not, but mine shipped same day from near cleveland and got to me next day. 

I've only skated them twice and I'm already prepared to say they're the best shoe I've ever skated.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2510 on: October 28, 2020, 04:29:07 PM »

Nov 9 for these bad boys from Knox.  Coming soon!  I've been skating them...makes me feel like Lotti in Now N Later (if anyone gets that reference).
Sucks that the only numeric shoe on the chilean NB site are 345 for like 5 years ago
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #2511 on: October 28, 2020, 05:17:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Jeans would work, just two sizes up.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2512 on: October 28, 2020, 05:40:38 PM »
I was going to hoard this and just clean it out myself, but I decided to save the last pair of 11 for someone else. $45 for black/black 913s on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VG2DRXK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1M5EIC3PTHQ2U&psc=1

Make sure you select the black/black color and then in the size drop down at the bottom it has them listed as womens size/mens size for some reason, so like for the 11 I had to select womens 12.5/mens 11.

I already ordered two pairs and it's legit. They ship without the box (presumably to keep the cost down) so if you're trying to be one of those cool reseller dildos you're out of luck. Not sure if the shipping is free without amazon prime or not, but mine shipped same day from near cleveland and got to me next day. 

I've only skated them twice and I'm already prepared to say they're the best shoe I've ever skated.

good looks i took em >:)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #2513 on: October 28, 2020, 10:09:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

good looks i took em >:)

There were 4 pairs of the sz 11 left when I found it. I bought one pair, got them the next day, skated them the day after that, and then went back for seconds. The only reason I didn't clean them out is that I asked someone who I knew skated them what the durability was like. He sent me a picture of his that he skated for months and is still wearing to work every day so I figured I'm almost certainly going to get bored with them before I'm able to kill off two pairs.

So far I'm extremely impressed. I loved the 440s because they felt bulletproof, these are way lighter but still feel extremely secure. My heel is locked in place, there's padding where there needs to be, they're nice and wide (but not bulky) so they don't squeeze my caveman feet, the toe isn't too round or pointed, and they have a wonderful flick. I have yet to find any fault with them at all, although it's obviously very early and I'm sure my nitpicking ass will find something to whine about. Literally the only thing I'm not totally happy with is the insole - it's perfectly fine, but I usually like something thicker and softer with cupsoles so I might invest in some aftermarket ones or just swap over the cloudfoam ones I have in my 440s.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2514 on: October 29, 2020, 01:11:53 AM »
Your review is basically how I feel about 420s, pretty hard to fault any any area apart from the insoles. Also broke in right out of the box but never felt floppy

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #2515 on: October 29, 2020, 04:31:11 AM »
Can anyone comment on the sole durability of the 913? As in are they exceptionally durable? I've been wanting to try them badly but with the 440's I've skated I wore through them before my uppers were done. I'm specifically skating the elijah berle shoe now because they added more rubber on the bottom. So I know it's a me problem but was curious.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #2516 on: October 29, 2020, 07:14:58 AM »

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #2517 on: October 29, 2020, 10:05:39 AM »
Can anyone comment on the sole durability of the 913? As in are they exceptionally durable? I've been wanting to try them badly but with the 440's I've skated I wore through them before my uppers were done. I'm specifically skating the elijah berle shoe now because they added more rubber on the bottom. So I know it's a me problem but was curious.

Not great. I like the shoe a lot but the ball of the foot has worn really fast for me. The tread wasn稚 that deep to begin with. The heel has barely worn at all.

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2518 on: October 29, 2020, 11:14:24 AM »

Roth - any date for the white versions that Jack posted a few weeks back?

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
« Reply #2519 on: October 29, 2020, 01:19:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Roth - any date for the white versions that Jack posted a few weeks back?
Those are Spring 2021 colorways so those white ones will be Feb 1 delivery most likely.  It's possible they show up later due to some lag time I'm seeing on production right now but right around then i would expect them.