Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 780801 times)

Acky Jacky

Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #2820 on: February 13, 2021, 05:09:22 PM »
Expand Quote

Touchdown imminent
[close]
i have no clue if i will like the fit of these or not but i am going to cop regardless when possible, those white ones are so fresh. i would love some input on the fit of the 440 highs compared to the 440 low.

I’ve posted several times detailing the fit. If you wanna check my post history.

AlexOlsonsDashiki

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #2821 on: February 13, 2021, 06:28:14 PM »
God damn those white 440 Hi's look so good. I am surprised at how much I like the look of the 440 as it is definitely not my normal style. Thank goodness for those slap edition 440s or I wouldve missed out on such a sick shoe.
Every time the McRib comes out I buy it. I don't even like the damn things.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2822 on: February 13, 2021, 10:50:37 PM »
whats the visual appeal of the 440 hi? looks like a 1970 basketball shoe but maybe im just not getting it
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #2823 on: February 14, 2021, 01:30:12 AM »

seem to already be available in europe.....found em on here yesterday

https://www.skatedeluxe.com/de/new-balance-numeric-1010-schuh-brown-green_p140698?sort=new&cPath=216

i didn't check any other euro shops for that colorway so far though....

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2824 on: February 14, 2021, 04:22:30 AM »
@rothdigga when those vegan joints dropping son? Can we get anymore hints, or is it still hush hush?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2825 on: February 14, 2021, 07:49:26 AM »
Expand Quote
@rothdigga when are those 3 previously mentioned upcoming vegan models gonna be announced?
[close]

One is hitting in March and we should have a new 420 coming soon as well but the March one is the soonest vegan one for us.
^next month looks like.  Hopefully still on schedule.

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2826 on: February 14, 2021, 10:51:42 AM »
whats the visual appeal of the 440 hi? looks like a 1970 basketball shoe but maybe im just not getting it

For me, it's more that there aren't many high top cupsoles on the market right now, so it's filling a void. I also recently bought a pair of the Vans Crockett highs (thanks to sale gear thread/nordstrom rack), but there's not a ton of other options out there.

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #2827 on: February 14, 2021, 11:22:22 AM »
@rothdigga when those vegan joints dropping son? Can we get anymore hints, or is it still hush hush?

+1

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #2828 on: February 14, 2021, 12:03:42 PM »

That part of the appeal! I love old high tops.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #2829 on: February 14, 2021, 01:40:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That part of the appeal! I love old high tops.

I agree they have that classic 70s look. another cool aspect is they look like a cupsole Blazer mid. Definitely considering those white/green 440hi's

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2830 on: February 14, 2021, 02:18:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Touchdown imminent
[close]
i have no clue if i will like the fit of these or not but i am going to cop regardless when possible, those white ones are so fresh. i would love some input on the fit of the 440 highs compared to the 440 low.
[close]

I’ve posted several times detailing the fit. If you wanna check my post history.
i've seen your posts before they're what are leaning me towards the cop. can you tell me whether the shoes have the inner ankle padding that the 440 lows do? i can't stand those on any shoes and i've noticed them being in a lot more shoes lately.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #2831 on: February 14, 2021, 06:09:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Touchdown imminent
[close]
[close]

[close]
i've seen your posts before they're what are leaning me towards the cop. can you tell me whether the shoes have the inner ankle padding that the 440 lows do? i can't stand those on any shoes and i've noticed them being in a lot more shoes lately.

My 440 lows are packed away right now so I can’t cross reference. There’s barely any padding, but there is a little bit. If you’re comparing it to a chuck taylor high or the AA authentic vans hi then expect more padding. But I wanna say it’s a little less than a converse fast break. A difference to note is that the 440s are a true high top, not a mid top, so they won’t dig into your ankles. Alright, unless NB is gonna send me a gift card or something I’m done reviewing them! Good luck in your quest!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2832 on: February 14, 2021, 07:08:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@rothdigga when are those 3 previously mentioned upcoming vegan models gonna be announced?
[close]

One is hitting in March and we should have a new 420 coming soon as well but the March one is the soonest vegan one for us.
[close]
^next month looks like.  Hopefully still on schedule.
damn, guess I'll save my shoe money then!

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2833 on: February 15, 2021, 07:00:45 AM »
Anyone have a recommendation for a NB first-timer? Liking the DC Kalis SE and the Vulc model, does NB have anything that combines the cushion of a cupsole with the grip of vulc?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #2834 on: February 15, 2021, 07:50:51 AM »

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #2835 on: February 15, 2021, 07:53:17 AM »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #2836 on: February 15, 2021, 07:55:51 AM »
White/green/gum is maybe my favorite color for a shoe, period. Those are beautiful.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 10:51:49 AM by chris. »

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #2837 on: February 15, 2021, 09:20:46 AM »
Anyone have a recommendation for a NB first-timer? Liking the DC Kalis SE and the Vulc model, does NB have anything that combines the cushion of a cupsole with the grip of vulc?
440 lows or 306, not too thin of a vulc with a great insole.

rothdigga

• Rep: 571
« Reply #2838 on: February 15, 2021, 09:38:09 AM »

Not really secret now that we have an ad in Thrasher for it.  213 Samarria Colorway with synthetic suede side panel and the rest canvas.  It's slated to arrive around mid-march barring anymore port delays so shops should be getting it around then.  That's the first shoe.  We have the other 2 coming around April/May so a decent selection of cup/vulc vegan options in the next few months for anyone looking for them. 

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2839 on: February 15, 2021, 10:35:51 AM »
440 is the answer you're looking for good sir.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #2840 on: February 15, 2021, 11:47:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i'd say so too....really good shoe since it is cup and has a decent amount of support BUT really good board feel too! might take you a sesh or two to get used to em but then you'll be good... just gave a skated pair to a friend that usually skates vulc vans pro mostly and he loved them!

love the classic look too

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2841 on: February 15, 2021, 12:59:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

i'd say so too....really good shoe since it is cup and has a decent amount of support BUT really good board feel too! might take you a sesh or two to get used to em but then you'll be good... just gave a skated pair to a friend that usually skates vulc vans pro mostly and he loved them!

love the classic look too

Posted it a million times but 440 is what made me a convert to cupsoles.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
« Reply #2842 on: February 15, 2021, 01:36:09 PM »
just got a pair of the 440 high top. Never had high tops other than OG chucks when I was a kid. There seems to be a lot of stiffness/ankle support right off the bat. Not sure how I feel about it just yet as I generally like more mobility. They're comfortable as all hell to stand and walk in. We'll see how the skating goes. As the padding in the back of heel, there's some, maybe feeling like more than I'm used to because they're so high, but I'll see how it feels after a few wears.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2843 on: February 15, 2021, 01:57:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not really secret now that we have an ad in Thrasher for it.  213 Samarria Colorway with synthetic suede side panel and the rest canvas.  It's slated to arrive around mid-march barring anymore port delays so shops should be getting it around then.  That's the first shoe.  We have the other 2 coming around April/May so a decent selection of cup/vulc vegan options in the next few months for anyone looking for them. 
and that’s why your the best! Will be giving you guys some of my hard earned as soon as the arrive in Japan

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2844 on: February 15, 2021, 03:45:53 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #2845 on: February 15, 2021, 04:12:20 PM »
Hopefully the 440 high stays in the lineup long term, those black gums are too nice

Acky Jacky

« Reply #2846 on: February 15, 2021, 04:30:47 PM »
Tom Knox 440 high is 50 bucks on zumiez so I just ordered a 3rd pair. Gonna get the green and whites when they hit a local so don’t hate!

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #2847 on: February 15, 2021, 05:26:24 PM »

440s are good like everyone says. But they're probably not like the DC Kalises. The toe is a bit more square, and for me they were surprisingly stiff out the box, took a while to break in but were great after they finally broke in.

I'd suggest 913 if you want cushion. Again I've never skated DCs so have no idea how they compare. 913s have less boardfeel than a fully broken in 440 (though still plenty sufficient imo), but definitely a bit more cushion and they're not as low cut and seem to have a more similar for factor to DC kalises. I have a few small nits to pick about the 913s but overall they're a great cupsole shoe that'll be good for your feet.

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #2848 on: February 15, 2021, 06:01:29 PM »
Hopefully the 440 high stays in the lineup long term, those black gums are too nice
So far we have em in the line thru 2022...also, we haven't designed farther than 2022, but I know a guy who plans the line and he's planning on keeping it around for a while.....(its me, I'm that guy) ;) ;)
Get litty.....

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #2849 on: February 15, 2021, 06:11:04 PM »
Tom Knox 440 high is 50 bucks on zumiez so I just ordered a 3rd pair. Gonna get the green and whites when they hit a local so don’t hate!

Yo, good looks I thought the well had dried up on these! Can't pass that up, even if it means paying the mall store. Keeping these on ice till fall...

I still have a chunk of change ready for those 1010's too, thanks to the sale.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead