Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 776154 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
  • old and in the way
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #3331 on: June 03, 2021, 12:42:40 AM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #3334 on: June 04, 2021, 04:34:12 AM »
As a newcomer to the church of NB# please make the laces longer
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #3335 on: June 04, 2021, 12:49:31 PM »
has anyone had good experiences skating the 440 low? I have the highs and thought the heel felt a little loose, just copped a pair of the lows and I'm actually scared to skate them because of how low cut and loose the ankle feels compared to other low shoes. Might have to swap em out.
On that note, does anyone know if the insole of the 306 changed? Some recent pics of it i've seen have the abzorb insole in them and that's what really has turned me off on the 440hi because of how thin they are. was rocking a pair of 306s in the black/gum from 2019 and the insoles on them were formed and a lot thicker than the abzorb.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 01:19:59 PM by topfrog10 »

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #3336 on: June 04, 2021, 12:51:18 PM »

NB# Numeric might have the best colorways in skateboarding.

Amazing colorway.. really wish this came in the high as well

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #3337 on: June 04, 2021, 05:01:21 PM »
has anyone had good experiences skating the 440 low? I have the highs and thought the heel felt a little loose, just copped a pair of the lows and I'm actually scared to skate them because of how low cut and loose the ankle feels compared to other low shoes. Might have to swap em out.
On that note, does anyone know if the insole of the 306 changed? Some recent pics of it i've seen have the abzorb insole in them and that's what really has turned me off on the 440hi because of how thin they are. was rocking a pair of 306s in the black/gum from 2019 and the insoles on them were formed and a lot thicker than the abzorb.

Skated both and can say I like the low better. They are pretty low cut, but very stable in my experience (no heel slip, shoe felt locked in and snug). Maybe try a smaller size? The insoles in 440s must be swapped, I always put some old lunarlon insoles in mine. However right now I'm running my old NB1010 insoles in some 440 lows and that's feeling fine!

To me, low tops feel the best for flip tricks. I love my 440 his and feel really secure and confident in them doing pretty much everything but flipping my board.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3338 on: June 04, 2021, 05:18:28 PM »
I have only skated the lows and I loved them. When I was skating estrictly NB# I always went half size up, including 440, and never had an issue.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #3339 on: June 04, 2021, 05:47:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Skated both and can say I like the low better. They are pretty low cut, but very stable in my experience (no heel slip, shoe felt locked in and snug). Maybe try a smaller size? The insoles in 440s must be swapped, I always put some old lunarlon insoles in mine. However right now I'm running my old NB1010 insoles in some 440 lows and that's feeling fine!

To me, low tops feel the best for flip tricks. I love my 440 his and feel really secure and confident in them doing pretty much everything but flipping my board.
i skate 440 lows almost exclusively, each pair maybe fits a bit different depending on being suede or leather. if they are loose i put busenitz p/u insoles in and that shores them up.

ive had to do this with 1010's putting foy insoles in if they fit too big.

also i find the ankle lower on 1010's than 440s, when it comes to board taps on the ankle.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #3342 on: June 14, 2021, 10:31:53 PM »
Just copped the colorful 1010s. Hoping for the best on the sizing. Run a 12 in almost everything and bought a 12 here. Trying not to size down and squeeze my feet into smaller shoes just for "boardfeel" or whatever these days so I hope they're at least close to TTS.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #3343 on: June 15, 2021, 01:20:27 AM »
Just copped the colorful 1010s. Hoping for the best on the sizing. Run a 12 in almost everything and bought a 12 here. Trying not to size down and squeeze my feet into smaller shoes just for "boardfeel" or whatever these days so I hope they're at least close to TTS.

Personally I find they run a half size big
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

adambomb

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3344 on: June 15, 2021, 07:27:58 AM »

I have the black suede with the blue sole 1010s. They fit perfectly TTS, especially after breaking in. No heel slip at all.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #3346 on: June 15, 2021, 10:43:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Personally I find they run a half size big

Thanks @Allen. and @adambomb . I scrolled back a few pages. and saw some other posters saying sizing was either spot on or a little big. The leather and suede fit might differ slightly as well, idk. I'll give em a shot and report back

EDIT: not sure where I got them being made from leather from. looks like they're all suede.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #3347 on: June 15, 2021, 11:46:14 PM »
Colourful? Which are these, did i miss a pair?
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3348 on: June 16, 2021, 12:33:44 AM »
Maybe these? Only pair I can think of that’s “colorful” even tho it’s mainly black color but an icy colored sole.

jkadams

• Rep: 5
« Reply #3349 on: June 16, 2021, 10:36:55 PM »
@rothdigga what is the ETA for the next 420?  (been a long time gone!)

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #3351 on: June 20, 2021, 10:31:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Colourful? Which are these, did i miss a pair?

My bad! I meant these. Not actually that colorful  8)

And they fit! the heel lock wasn't perfect when I first put em on but after loosening them up a bit by walking around for a few hours they're fitting real good. So +1 for them fitting TTS, at least for my bird ass feet.

rothdigga

• Rep: 570
« Reply #3352 on: June 21, 2021, 11:15:40 AM »
@rothdigga what is the ETA for the next 420?  (been a long time gone!)

July 10 launch!  Flyer went out to the shops and a bunch of them should have them coming in.  Check with your local to see if they snagged some. 

skateviewer

• Rep: 5
« Reply #3353 on: June 21, 2021, 12:10:56 PM »
This may sound strange, but anyone find the 306 sole carries so much dust onto their boards? For some reason whenever I wear the 306s (which is often, they are great) my board gets so dusty so much quicker than in other shoes.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3354 on: June 23, 2021, 10:51:46 AM »
Anyone know anything about this colorway becoming a thing? I saw this pair listed on poshmark, the listing included photos of the SAMPLE tags inside the shoe. I wonder if it was an early sample to those grey/red ones that came out a while back...

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3355 on: June 23, 2021, 11:23:57 AM »
Anyone know anything about this colorway becoming a thing? I saw this pair listed on poshmark, the listing included photos of the SAMPLE tags inside the shoe. I wonder if it was an early sample to those grey/red ones that came out a while back...

Those look sexy af, hopefully @rothdigga will enlighten us positively
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rothdigga

• Rep: 570
« Reply #3356 on: June 23, 2021, 12:12:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Looks like some samples that never made it out of that stage, that's my guess.  I don't remember seeing that color originally, but I see SO many shoes that sometimes I don't keep track. 

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3357 on: June 23, 2021, 08:40:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Looks like some samples that never made it out of that stage, that's my guess.  I don't remember seeing that color originally, but I see SO many shoes that sometimes I don't keep track.

I really dig it,, the black N does it for me.. Seller said they measure a US 9, bought em right away. We'll see when they get here!

rubbery vagina

• Rep: -51
« Reply #3358 on: June 24, 2021, 03:36:32 PM »
On my second pair of 508's and the sole keeps sliding at the heel. Literally feel like my heel is going to fall out of the shoe every time i push. Other than that, board feel is on point for the amount of comfort, grip and durability these have. Way better for my feet. Does the 1010 have boardfeel like the 508's once broken in? I'd like to try em out.

coneklr

« Reply #3359 on: June 25, 2021, 09:06:22 AM »
Found my old 420's today ... looking forward to more being released soon