Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 781898 times)

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #3390 on: June 29, 2021, 01:22:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sample 1010's, details on these go crazy. Clear icy outsole!

[close]
Is a shoe boner a thing?
[close]

I'm intrigued but seeing no images!  womp womp
[close]
Is that called shoe balls?
[close]
Hahaha, have a gnar

Lmao, fixed in op
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

coneklr

« Reply #3391 on: June 29, 2021, 01:54:55 PM »
Damn that's another great color way!

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

15yearslater

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3394 on: June 30, 2021, 08:00:35 AM »
Do the 420s run true to size? I've seen conflicting info about that, with some saying that you have to go a half size up (like Nikes).

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3395 on: June 30, 2021, 08:06:03 AM »
nice! Cept they ain’t suede

you mean they mislabled them but they are actually vegan? they look mad nice!

coneklr

« Reply #3396 on: June 30, 2021, 08:54:32 AM »
Do the 420s run true to size? I've seen conflicting info about that, with some saying that you have to go a half size up (like Nikes).

What are some shoes you have worn recently and how do you like them to fit?  My thoughts are I went tts with my first pair but probably could have went .5 down.  I'm an 8.5 in almost everything.  That being said I also don't like super tight shoes.  As mentioned before these fit great in the heal and roomy in the toe box.  The pair I just ordered are an 8.  They will most likely have a bit less room but it was the last pair and a great deal so I couldn't pass it up and I definitely had the .5 to spare in the length on my other pair I have.

TL:DR IMO you can probably go .5 down from TTS or stay TTS if you like a bit more room.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #3397 on: June 30, 2021, 09:02:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What are some shoes you have worn recently and how do you like them to fit?  My thoughts are I went tts with my first pair but probably could have went .5 down.  I'm an 8.5 in almost everything.  That being said I also don't like super tight shoes.  As mentioned before these fit great in the heal and roomy in the toe box.  The pair I just ordered are an 8.  They will most likely have a bit less room but it was the last pair and a great deal so I couldn't pass it up and I definitely had the .5 to spare in the length on my other pair I have.

TL:DR IMO you can probably go .5 down from TTS or stay TTS if you like a bit more room.
Agree, the 420s run TTS, maybe even slightly big due to the roomy toe box.  In absolutely no way do they run small or require any sizing up.

15yearslater

« Reply #3398 on: June 30, 2021, 09:42:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks for the info! I'm a size 11, but went up to 11.5 for the Janoski's I recently got. There's a decent amount of space in the toe on those, so it sounds like TTS would be the move for the 420s.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #3399 on: June 30, 2021, 12:57:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Is a shoe boner a thing?
[close]

Also not seeing these images

coneklr

« Reply #3400 on: June 30, 2021, 01:23:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Is a shoe boner a thing?
[close]

[close]

Also not seeing these images

Try a different browser or device.  That's what worked for me.  They are there though.  Still don't see them on Safari on my mbpro.

coneklr

« Reply #3401 on: June 30, 2021, 02:01:44 PM »
Damn these came super quick.  These are .5 down from my TTS and I still have plenty of room up front.  So for those asking, you could go .5 down if you want them slightly smaller.  TTS if you don't mind more space.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3402 on: June 30, 2021, 02:49:11 PM »

you mean they mislabled them but they are actually vegan? they look mad nice!
all 420s are vegan (and fit tts imho)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3403 on: June 30, 2021, 03:39:34 PM »
Just scored some of my favorite 212s. Black with white rubber toe caps for $36 shipped. Some others up on 6pm for cheap also.

coneklr

« Reply #3404 on: July 01, 2021, 10:33:16 AM »
@rothdigga you guys should do a big push on the 420's as vegan along with another ad for them.  I really think that while the first ads were good, you could hit a wider audience and maybe make them a bigger seller.  I mean this is obviously selfish as I just want them to stay in the line but ... haha

Also I'm sorry I never sent that color way I was talking about before.  I realized I had it saved on my insta account that I deleted and wasn't able to find it again.  I will say though that a lot of the NB Japan color ways are real nice

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3405 on: July 01, 2021, 07:33:58 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

coneklr

« Reply #3406 on: July 02, 2021, 09:44:22 AM »
@rothdigga or anyone that's tried them ... How do those new Lost Art collabs run?  My friend is traveling right and doesn't have a shop around, so he's just going to order them to go with his first LA collabs and was wondering how sizing is before he does so.

rothdigga

• Rep: 571
« Reply #3407 on: July 02, 2021, 10:06:04 AM »
@rothdigga or anyone that's tried them ... How do those new Lost Art collabs run?  My friend is traveling right and doesn't have a shop around, so he's just going to order them to go with his first LA collabs and was wondering how sizing is before he does so.

The NM22 should fit TTS, that's what everyone in the office seems to roll with and haven't heard any different. 

coneklr

« Reply #3408 on: July 02, 2021, 10:15:54 AM »
Thank you @rothdigga !!!

adambomb

« Reply #3409 on: July 03, 2021, 02:59:21 PM »
How's the sizing on the 228s? I like the new white/sand with gum sole colorway. Also, how do these compare to the 1010s?

https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nm288s/NM288SV1-35806.html

pro club blanks

« Reply #3410 on: July 03, 2021, 03:21:44 PM »
Best colorways in the game, its not even close

z_tx

• Rep: 26
« Reply #3411 on: July 03, 2021, 09:23:13 PM »
the 2 new colorways of the 1010 are up on newbalance.com

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3412 on: July 04, 2021, 03:48:17 AM »

Wonder what's up woth the "V1" at the end of the new shoes on that page?

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #3413 on: July 05, 2021, 02:52:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wonder what's up woth the "V1" at the end of the new shoes on that page?

Hopefully the V2 adds more tread to the outer edge on the sole that balds out pretty quickly and gets slick on smooth surfaces. Having skated a couple pairs for several months now that's my only legit gripe about them

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #3414 on: July 06, 2021, 05:55:37 PM »
How long do 440's take to break in?

I saw everyone raving about this shoe in this thread so thought I'd check them out. I tried a pair on in the shop, they felt good, today I'm wearing them for the first time and now they feel tight and stiff. The length is good and they feel good around the ankle, but i need the suede toebox to stretch wider, and i can feel the top pressing down on my foot, which is something I'm not used to.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3415 on: July 06, 2021, 08:06:23 PM »
How long do 440's take to break in?

I saw everyone raving about this shoe in this thread so thought I'd check them out. I tried a pair on in the shop, they felt good, today I'm wearing them for the first time and now they feel tight and stiff. The length is good and they feel good around the ankle, but i need the suede toebox to stretch wider, and i can feel the top pressing down on my foot, which is something I'm not used to.

You talkin the highs or the lows? To me, they feel very different, especially when it comes to stiffness. I have like 3 pairs of the 440 high (Tom Knox ones, so mostly leather upper) and even the well skated ones are noticeably stiffer than my suede lows. Obviously the material difference is at play there, but I think the construction and extra padding plays a part. My suede lows have stretched and feel great, I think those took 2 good sessions to really hit the sweet spot. Skated them for about a month.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #3416 on: July 06, 2021, 09:55:08 PM »
You talkin the highs or the lows?
Cheers for your reply, I bought the lows. They're currently stuffed with socks, sitting upside down on a rack over a heater. Will chuck them on in an hour and skate across town on an errand, see if i can stretch them out a bit
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3417 on: July 07, 2021, 06:51:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Cheers for your reply, I bought the lows. They're currently stuffed with socks, sitting upside down on a rack over a heater. Will chuck them on in an hour and skate across town on an errand, see if i can stretch them out a bit

That ought to do it. Great skate shoe, my go-to lately!

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3418 on: July 07, 2021, 07:24:54 AM »
My 440 break in after a session at least in the sole. The uppers aren’t all that tight on me and I actually felt the 440 High are more flexible. I’d glue the seams especially in the Ollie area. They wear super fast for me there but otherwise I’ve got no complaints in how the shoe skates.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #3419 on: July 07, 2021, 12:09:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You could always just twist & flex the shit out of the upper with your hands and fold the sole up against the ground

Been doing this with cupsoles for years, and especially had to do with with the leather 1010's. spend 5 minutes doing that to each shoe, skate a small gap for the first session and them shits hitting like they 3 weeks old