Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 776715 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #4650 on: September 28, 2022, 10:18:20 AM »
Expand Quote
I've never been interested in New Balance before but those Franky 272s are really nice. Might fuck around and try a pair.
[close]

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cix1bTYJvpD/?igshid=NzNkNDdiOGI=

Stellar work, Franky, hiding the Dad N like that. Well done.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #4651 on: September 28, 2022, 10:26:42 AM »
Yo, I like these 272s. Is the fit comparable to the 440s?

I found em good for a duck footed person. If I sized down my toe hit the end when I lifted my heel up as if I were popping and I live somewhere hot/feet swell. They're definitely less snug than the 306, but I liked the heel lock a lot better. I'm on 1010/440 and still thinking of trying them. The heel felt surprisingly solid for a vulc, in a good way.

fs1/2cab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #4652 on: September 28, 2022, 11:40:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Yo, I like these 272s. Is the fit comparable to the 440s?
[close]

I found em good for a duck footed person. If I sized down my toe hit the end when I lifted my heel up as if I were popping and I live somewhere hot/feet swell. They're definitely less snug than the 306, but I liked the heel lock a lot better. I'm on 1010/440 and still thinking of trying them. The heel felt surprisingly solid for a vulc, in a good way.

For some reason the 306 didn't really feel as snug to me as the 440. Both in a US 7. But I swear, I have the weirdest feet and sizing. You know how they say, your feet are the biggest after a long day? Well my feet actually feel like they shrink during the day. Shoes always fit me the best in the morning. End rant.
IG: @flowterspace

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4653 on: September 29, 2022, 02:32:42 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Vintagebody

• Rep: 75
« Reply #4654 on: September 29, 2022, 11:34:56 PM »
Had 2 sessions with 440s. Great shoe actually! At first I did indeed have some awkard situations duo to the grip being so crazy. Kickflips was ace, and so was heelflips. I just prefer cups for the simple fact that their sole doesnt grip the board like a vulc...

Size wise they might be a tad too big. I think a 9,5 stretched out would be perfect on my foot, which is 28cm

« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 06:54:12 AM by Vintagebody »

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
« Reply #4655 on: September 30, 2022, 08:26:20 AM »
440s are an effin' fantastic shoe and earned a solid place in my list of best cupsoles
hardly art, hardly starving

LebowskisRug

« Reply #4656 on: September 30, 2022, 08:35:21 AM »
They're the best transition shoe from vulc to cup which is precisely what they were designed for. Shame the 425 didn't take over that.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4657 on: September 30, 2022, 08:36:35 AM »
They're the best transition shoe from vulc to cup

totally.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #4658 on: September 30, 2022, 08:42:48 AM »
440s are an effin' fantastic shoe and earned a solid place in my list of best cupsoles

Good to hear. I have a pair in my pile and I'm getting closer to actually skateboarding in them. Love the way they look and feel walking around in but I've been concerned I won't feel my board as strictly a vulc bloke.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4659 on: September 30, 2022, 08:56:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Good to hear. I have a pair in my pile and I'm getting closer to actually skateboarding in them. Love the way they look and feel walking around in but I've been concerned I won't feel my board as strictly a vulc bloke.

my two most important criteria for a skate shoe (more so for a cupsole) is that I can feel the board in the forefoot/toes and heel lock.  440 does both.  i'll be interested to hear your thoughts on em.   

bighead

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4660 on: September 30, 2022, 08:56:57 AM »
Does anyone have first hand experience with the 425? If so, how does it compare to the 440?

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #4661 on: September 30, 2022, 09:33:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've never been interested in New Balance before but those Franky 272s are really nice. Might fuck around and try a pair.
[close]

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cix1bTYJvpD/?igshid=NzNkNDdiOGI=
[close]

Stellar work, Franky, hiding the Dad N like that. Well done.
Definitely like these more than his previous colorway.  I'll have to grab a pair and support my favorite skater.

Get hungry on it!

Vintagebody

« Reply #4662 on: October 01, 2022, 09:22:48 AM »
Went to skate some stairs today. 440's insole is odd, its thinner in the heel than in the toe area, my god they are useless
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 11:25:50 AM by Vintagebody »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4663 on: October 01, 2022, 11:21:16 AM »
Went to skate some stairs today. 440's sole is odd, its thinner in the heal than in the toe area, my god they are useless

If true, I never noticed.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #4664 on: October 01, 2022, 12:11:14 PM »
Everyone I've told about using the Superfeet run comfort or adapt insoles agrees that they make the 440 much more supportive and cushioned. I got some new 440s and wore them to walk the dog last night and was like "how in the fuck did I skate these stock". They make any skate shoe with a flat removable insole better. The skate theory of just put tons of cushion in there isn't actually better for most impact scenarios and prob a big reason so many people have ankle issues.

eSK3

« Reply #4665 on: October 04, 2022, 03:56:40 AM »
We are ready for the sp23 leak! Who got us? Hoping for some earth tone 808’s and dope 440 high colorways.

rothdigga

• Rep: 570
« Reply #4666 on: October 04, 2022, 10:48:28 AM »
We are ready for the sp23 leak! Who got us? Hoping for some earth tone 808’s and dope 440 high colorways.
Earth tone 808 coming sooner than you think...

Frontside Slappy

• Rep: 91
  • Somewhere in a parking garage
« Reply #4667 on: October 04, 2022, 12:10:41 PM »
Saw a shop in Thailand post those beef and broccoli 1010s not too long ago and reminded me how much I loved that colorway, any chance of a re-issue in the states?
"That was a clean one." -Werner Herzog

rothdigga

« Reply #4668 on: October 04, 2022, 04:28:59 PM »
Saw a shop in Thailand post those beef and broccoli 1010s not too long ago and reminded me how much I loved that colorway, any chance of a re-issue in the states?
I would put those chances at pretty, pretty high...also sooner than you think.

Vintagebody

« Reply #4669 on: October 05, 2022, 12:45:17 PM »
How is the width of the Westgate 508s? I find 440s a tad wide in the toebox, tho I might actually be able to size down in them.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #4670 on: October 05, 2022, 01:19:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

damn rothdigga you just out here making my day .

Unfortunately had to return a pair of 1010's I just got in the all black colorway with clearish sole due to what was a manufacture defect in the tongue that had some piece of plastic or fabric folded over incorrectly on the inside of the tongue and it dug into my foot in the most terrible way.

Really sad too because I leave for a trip to europe on Sunday and those were going to be my shoes for the trip. luckily i have the most recent green ones that aren't too beat up to still use for the trip but I need my feet supported when I'm gonna be walking this much.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4671 on: October 06, 2022, 02:47:08 AM »
Pics have been posted before of the black/red/white 808 but I’m not sure when they have officially released. But are available here:

https://shop.atlasskateboarding.com/collections/all/products/copy-of-dont-use-need-to-make-new-product-new-balance-numeric-nm808brd
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

rothdigga

« Reply #4672 on: October 06, 2022, 09:08:10 AM »
Pics have been posted before of the black/red/white 808 but I’m not sure when they have officially released. But are available here:

https://shop.atlasskateboarding.com/collections/all/products/copy-of-dont-use-need-to-make-new-product-new-balance-numeric-nm808brd
Released today!  Another Tiago edit out as well

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #4673 on: October 06, 2022, 09:17:53 AM »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
« Reply #4674 on: October 06, 2022, 09:46:28 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CjYKRCnAWaO/

i liked the part where the accordion part of the bus goes by and they play a little accordion sample.
the skating was good too

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #4675 on: October 06, 2022, 09:50:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I'm not trying to buy new shoes right now but these are gonna be so tempting... I remember seeing random people rocking that colorway when it first dropped and they look so good in-person paired with some baggy jeans.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 162
« Reply #4676 on: October 07, 2022, 11:31:58 AM »
NB should do a Neil Blender pro shoe.

It makes too much sense…

That is all.

Olympus Mons

• Rep: 12
  • VX1000
« Reply #4677 on: October 07, 2022, 01:22:28 PM »
Is there any money in skateboarding film anymore?
I dunno about money, but the fun is boomin.

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #4678 on: October 08, 2022, 10:25:46 AM »
808 Vs 1010

Making this post to help you guys on comparing the 2 Tiago models. I bought both models at the same time to compare. Both 9.5

808: True to size with a veryyy snug fit. I personally prefer the 808 over the 1010. The fit is better for me (i like a snug fit) and I enjoy the not so long tongue/toe box the 1010 had while looking down. The impact protection is also better. This shoe is a tank. I challenge anyone to flex the sole (thiccc af) when they first get the shoe. It is stiff as f*ck. I personally like this due to my horrible feet/ankle condition. Great arch support. Better grip. Overall better shoe

1010: Generally half size down. I would say as a whole the fit is more comfortable than the 808. More of a looser fit. Slightly wider toe box. Does not hug the heel as well as the 808. I like the 1010 as an everyday/going out shoe than for skating. I will say board feel is significantly better than the 808 tho, thiner sole.

All in All: 808 is a better shoe for me due to its snug fit, better protection, better shape

Things to consider: I have flat wide feet with a history of ankle surgeries, I was skating the Vans Sk8 Highs (for ankle protection) for the past 2 years until I realized I needed to switch to cupsoles, thicker midsole will protect your foot better than a vulc high top.

Let me know if you have any questions!

BALLSACK_SKATEBOARDING

• Rep: -1
« Reply #4679 on: October 08, 2022, 11:29:08 AM »
PLEASE give us an all black colorway of 440 High similar to the black Tom Knox highs from a season or 2 ago. I will buy 10 pairs. The contrast stitching one is so gross (in a bad way)