Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 766092 times)

OhioGuy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 71
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #5310 on: March 28, 2023, 03:07:32 PM »
440s always seem to be TTS or 0.5 small but rarely should anyone size down in that model. Low or high version
I'm liking them, but that sounds annoying. Hopefully the sizes will be the same if I stick with the highs. I'm already eyeing a Skate Shop Day pair lol

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #5311 on: March 29, 2023, 05:15:58 AM »
almost bought 808s today... but i wasn't really confident that they would fit my feet. i was already wearing my 1010s and i also tried a fresh pair of 1010s to compare. all of them in my tts. the 808s were really, really snug. i'm sure they would bag out, but i was honestly a bit afraid they might end up being too painfully snug to walk em in. half a size up was definitely too long tho, and i pretty much never wear that size unless for chillers. i couldn't bring myself to commit to the purchase unfortunately. even though the shoe was looking great and all and the sole felt super supportive.

Sometimes the shoe just isn't quite right for your foot. Nothing wrong with being aware of that.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #5312 on: March 29, 2023, 05:20:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
One YouTuber said the 440s fit big, so you should go down half a size? Is that true? I ask cause I wear a 13 and want a shoe with some wiggle room. My Tyshawn’s are too tight.

I live in a area without a skate shop so I may go to *shudders* Zumiez to try on the Tom Knox ones.
[close]

best part of zumiez, wasting their time to buy elsewhere.
[close]
[close]
I failed the skating gods 😫

They skate great, though. Out the box they feel better than my few month old TyShawn’s. Only con for me is they could use more arch support and the insole appears to be glued down.
That sounds good for a flat footed freak like me.  Are they 440 highs?

OhioGuy

« Reply #5313 on: March 29, 2023, 06:55:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
One YouTuber said the 440s fit big, so you should go down half a size? Is that true? I ask cause I wear a 13 and want a shoe with some wiggle room. My Tyshawn’s are too tight.

I live in a area without a skate shop so I may go to *shudders* Zumiez to try on the Tom Knox ones.
[close]

[close]
[close]

They skate great, though. Out the box they feel better than my few month old TyShawn’s. Only con for me is they could use more arch support and the insole appears to be glued down.
[close]
Yup. I wore them all day yesterday. Some of the most comfy shoes I’ve ever worn. Also the insoles can be removed, they’re just super thin. I decided to keep them in, though. Third party ones change the fit of the shoe too much.

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5314 on: March 29, 2023, 10:26:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
I'm flat footed as hell and the 440's are fantastic, all I've been skating for a few years now.  Cupsoles with too much tech tend to give me a bit of an issue so these are a great option if you've got super flat feet I think. 

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5315 on: March 29, 2023, 02:02:12 PM »
sick theres a pair on sale online but theyre an 11 and im usually 12 in Vans. Might see if theres some to try on at my local.

overwaxed

• Rep: 83
« Reply #5316 on: March 29, 2023, 03:53:01 PM »
I've had 440 lows for a minute now, and what I will say is that they definitely get better with time. I'm just getting back to feeling comfortable on a board after a long hiatus, and this is the first shoe that really helped me connect - vulc soles just weren't working for me - mostly in the flick. I plan on wearing these indefinitely but they need some walking/chilling before they really hit their full potential - so my plan is to have one pair in 'waiting' that I wear during random daily tasks, running errands, music stuff, whatever, that I can then skate in once my current ones wear out. Plus I'm a dad, and they totally fit my vibe. Just my $.02!

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5317 on: March 30, 2023, 05:41:35 AM »
Well I tried on the 11s and they were super comfy, but right on the limit of tight in thin socks.  Pretty much form fit the shape of my foot though, and the sole seems quite grippy and they seem flexy out of the box.  Pretty impressed.  Tried the 12 and think that's the go.  Might take your advice and get them before my Eras pack it in so they're ready to skate by the time I need them.

OhioGuy

« Reply #5318 on: March 30, 2023, 05:47:23 AM »
I like the 440 low colorways more. I hate that they fit smaller than the highs. There’s no 13.5. Y’all don’t know how lucky y’all are to have smaller feet 😣

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5319 on: March 30, 2023, 08:38:10 AM »
Well I tried on the 11s and they were super comfy, but right on the limit of tight in thin socks.  Pretty much form fit the shape of my foot though, and the sole seems quite grippy and they seem flexy out of the box.  Pretty impressed.  Tried the 12 and think that's the go.  Might take your advice and get them before my Eras pack it in so they're ready to skate by the time I need them.
Are you in Europe or Oz where they don't stock/order 1/2 sizes?  I always find that baffling when I see our size curves from other regions and they just stock whole sizes.  I've been pushing for them to get 1/2 sizes forever but it seems like customers are used to not having them forever in the shoe world.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 302
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #5320 on: March 30, 2023, 09:31:58 AM »
I like the 440 low colorways more. I hate that they fit smaller than the highs. There’s no 13.5. Y’all don’t know how lucky y’all are to have smaller feet 😣
the difference between the low and high feel that major to you? I feel like lengthwise, both styles felt the same in my experience. The highs just feel roomier due to the increased volume (basically feels like I have more room on top of my feet) whereas the lows just feel more snug overall

LebowskisRug

« Reply #5321 on: March 30, 2023, 09:47:15 AM »
The toebox and everything are exactly the same. Lows might feel stiffer because the collar area is doubled over and stiffer itself whereas a high doesn't have any sort of collar. This influences how the rear of the shoe feels. They're exactly the same otherwise. Suede models fit a tad bit looser feeling due to it being a more flexible material but overall it's the same. They don't make different lasts or anything for each shoe and material combo. The sole is the same it doesn't get smaller between one or the other. People are overthinking this way too much and creating things that don't exist.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #5322 on: March 30, 2023, 12:44:03 PM »
People are overthinking this way too much and creating things that don't exist.
This is so true for skateboarding gear.

logjammin

• Rep: 314
« Reply #5323 on: March 30, 2023, 02:07:51 PM »
I asked once before and never got a response so I'll try again with a link: https://www.zappos.com/p/new-balance-numeric-574-court-phantom-teal/product/9829234/color/1030500

Has anyone skated or casually worn these "court" 574's? Zappos has them labeled as numerics but they're not, as far as my research can tell. The outsole doesn't look like it would provide much grip but the colorway looks cool and they seem like they'd be comfy.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1277
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #5324 on: March 30, 2023, 02:29:04 PM »
I asked once before and never got a response so I'll try again with a link: https://www.zappos.com/p/new-balance-numeric-574-court-phantom-teal/product/9829234/color/1030500

Has anyone skated or casually worn these "court" 574's? Zappos has them labeled as numerics but they're not, as far as my research can tell. The outsole doesn't look like it would provide much grip but the colorway looks cool and they seem like they'd be comfy.
Those are All Coasts. I think the story goes designed in Long Beach mostly with skate styling but not built for skate. Skateable but not on par with a regular skate shoe as far as durability is concerned. Their full number is AM574s and the AM will tell you they are from the All Coasts line. You see these on sale a lot with retailers typically sorting them in with the skate shoes. I believe there was one NB# colorway of that version of the 574 made for Brandon Westgate way back when.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

logjammin

• Rep: 314
« Reply #5325 on: March 30, 2023, 05:37:46 PM »
Damn, solid info man thank you. Searched that AM574 on youtube and someone skated them and said they were pretty good. Think I'll give em a shot. Cheers!

LebowskisRug

« Reply #5326 on: March 30, 2023, 09:55:15 PM »
Looks like the 425

chronicbackpain

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #5327 on: March 31, 2023, 07:33:22 AM »
Looks like the 425
Looks like a Half Cab

rikki

• Rep: 238
« Reply #5328 on: March 31, 2023, 07:55:31 AM »
Ok so I skated NBs today for the first time ever. Been interested to try as I've heard a lot of good things about 'em. Previously I've really liked e.g. the Etnies Joslin and the good ol' Es Accel, and I wanted to try something different for a change. Note that I'm a cupsole man 100 % – e.g. Vans insoles are great, but I just can't get seem to get the boardfeel I want with their shoes.

So I ended up getting the 440 lows and had my first session wearing them today.

Oh boy.

I mean, I wasn't expecting anything phenomenal, but I gotta say – they are the best skate shoes I've ever owned. Seriously. The hype is well justified.

The shoes needed next no break-in period – they felt great from the first push. They are LIGHT. The boardfeel is amazing, way way better than with any of my previous favorite shoes. It's like my feet had a whole new relationship with my board. And these shoes look good (a subjective thing of course), which is not a bad thing.

Before the session one thing I was a bit skeptical about was the cushioning, as the insole feels stiffer/thinner than on e.g. the Joslin and with the Vans Pop cush, but my fears turned out to be unfounded. I'm well over 40 yrs old and my feet WILL FUCKING HURT without proper cushioning/protection. However, these shoes felt great throughout a 2 hr+ session, providing solid impact protection and support. In a way they felt like really good tennis shoes that are made for skating.

I don't know. Shoes are a hella individual thing and some people probably hate the 440s – to each their own, one love, etc. – but for me they felt just fucking great. Positively surprised – I kinda feel like I've actually found that ever-elusive "my shoe" for the first time in many, many years.

Five stars, no relation to the company, this was not a paid ad, just a happy camper that's happy about his new shoes.

passthegeritol

• Rep: 1
« Reply #5329 on: March 31, 2023, 08:13:01 AM »
The guys in the nine club spoke about a tiago x Rone colab coming.  This has got me wondering… premium materials, a little slimmed down, perhaps monotone and subtle colors.  My imagination is all excited!!! Can anybody share any insights on this?

eSK3

« Reply #5330 on: March 31, 2023, 01:57:19 PM »
The guys in the nine club spoke about a tiago x Rone colab coming.  This has got me wondering… premium materials, a little slimmed down, perhaps monotone and subtle colors.  My imagination is all excited!!! Can anybody share any insights on this?

First of all: Not slimmed down. They’re gonna have premium uppers, special box, dust bags ect. Basically the “rone” treatment and the Rone pricing.

wax poetic

• Rep: 40
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #5331 on: March 31, 2023, 03:01:30 PM »
Has a Reynolds sample leaked yet?  Gotta be something in the works

passthegeritol

• Rep: 1
« Reply #5332 on: March 31, 2023, 03:25:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

First of all: Not slimmed down. They’re gonna have premium uppers, special box, dust bags ect. Basically the “rone” treatment and the Rone pricing.

Thanks king, that’s enough to keep us excited for now!

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #5333 on: April 01, 2023, 02:41:29 AM »

I'm well over 40 yrs old and my feet WILL FUCKING HURT without proper cushioning/protection. However, these shoes felt great throughout a 2 hr+ session, providing solid impact protection and support. In a way they felt like really good tennis shoes that are made for skating.

I get heelbruise skating flat with 440s... They must have different insoles in them, depending on color etc?
I really want the Tyler Surrey 440s, but not if they have the same insole as the light blue/black ones I had...

eSK3

« Reply #5334 on: April 01, 2023, 03:28:29 AM »
Expand Quote

I'm well over 40 yrs old and my feet WILL FUCKING HURT without proper cushioning/protection. However, these shoes felt great throughout a 2 hr+ session, providing solid impact protection and support. In a way they felt like really good tennis shoes that are made for skating.

[close]

I get heelbruise skating flat with 440s... They must have different insoles in them, depending on color etc?
I really want the Tyler Surrey 440s, but not if they have the same insole as the light blue/black ones I had...

The only that changes is the color scheme of the insole they are all the same. Seem like you should try the Tiago. It has more protection in the heel area. You need a thicker shoe.

Deadringer

• Rep: 12
« Reply #5335 on: April 01, 2023, 05:10:31 AM »
With my 440 highs I used my insoles from my Cons One Stars and instantly it’s a perfect show. Highly recommend the insole swap

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5336 on: April 01, 2023, 08:32:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Are you in Europe or Oz where they don't stock/order 1/2 sizes?  I always find that baffling when I see our size curves from other regions and they just stock whole sizes.  I've been pushing for them to get 1/2 sizes forever but it seems like customers are used to not having them forever in the shoe world.

Yeah in Oz. Its maddening.

freidnly guy

• Rep: 15
« Reply #5337 on: April 01, 2023, 12:56:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
the difference between the low and high feel that major to you? I feel like lengthwise, both styles felt the same in my experience. The highs just feel roomier due to the increased volume (basically feels like I have more room on top of my feet) whereas the lows just feel more snug overall
For me personally the lows fit better lengthwise because my heel fits more snug at the back of the shoe, keeps my toes from banging into the front. Same goes for all high tops.

Speaking of 1/2 sizes there are a lot of shoes I would use in 12.5, so I look for roomy 12's.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #5338 on: April 01, 2023, 01:56:50 PM »
Has a Reynolds sample leaked yet?  Gotta be something in the works

patiently waiting on this, will be a must cop for me.

OhioGuy

« Reply #5339 on: April 01, 2023, 02:43:09 PM »
Tempted to grab those 440 lows that’s $40 on EVO just to see how they fit.