Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765751 times)

Frank and Fred

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #5250 on: March 13, 2023, 04:33:51 PM »
Expand Quote
@rothdigga are new 212s coming soon? It’s the perfect shoe imo, and i’d like to avoid buying online if i can
[close]

Do you mean the new colorways for this season?  If a shop ordered them, they should be arrived by now.  But I would snag as many as you can of that shoe because that model is going away for us.  If there's a colorway you're into, stock up!  We made the last batch to be pretty universal colors to have on our site for a while.

Oh shit. That's my shoe. 213 going away also?

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #5251 on: March 13, 2023, 08:12:56 PM »
Expand Quote
@rothdigga are new 212s coming soon? It’s the perfect shoe imo, and i’d like to avoid buying online if i can
[close]

Do you mean the new colorways for this season?  If a shop ordered them, they should be arrived by now.  But I would snag as many as you can of that shoe because that model is going away for us.  If there's a colorway you're into, stock up!  We made the last batch to be pretty universal colors to have on our site for a while.

Oh shit! Thanks for the heads up! Glad I asked, i just bought what i guess will be my last pair on sale
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 08:26:32 PM by Candied cigarettes »

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #5252 on: March 13, 2023, 09:05:42 PM »
Really wish NB still included an extra pair of laces with each pair. Starting to run low on my stockpile

buggot

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5253 on: March 14, 2023, 04:03:00 PM »
Made sure today I got the right size, looks like I will have to do half a size down on the 1010s.

Does anyone know (especially flat footed people like myself) if the arch section support of the insole/shoe flattens at all? It's a bit too arch-y for me and digs a bit into that part of my foot.

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #5254 on: March 14, 2023, 11:40:46 PM »
Made sure today I got the right size, looks like I will have to do half a size down on the 1010s.

Does anyone know (especially flat footed people like myself) if the arch section support of the insole/shoe flattens at all? It's a bit too arch-y for me and digs a bit into that part of my foot.

I got full on flat duck feet, i would say yes the insole flattens over time. I do experience some arch pain from the arch support in the 1010 but that goes away the more you wear them and your foot adjusts to it. Also the most common thing I read here is people taking about the heel slip in the 1010. For whatever reason the more you wear them the heel slip goes away. I also tie my shoes all the way up and pull tighter on the last lace holes and that helps as well.

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #5255 on: March 15, 2023, 06:25:03 AM »
What’s the sizing like on NB these days? Last pair I had I had to go a full size up.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5256 on: March 15, 2023, 06:56:13 AM »
A 650 with an Abzorb insole would be the perfect skate shoe for me.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
« Reply #5257 on: March 15, 2023, 07:28:18 AM »
based on looks or skating the 550/650s before? for all the hype on the *50 line, i hear very little regarding skating the shoes. last time it came up on here i want to say it was a resounding "meh" experience

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #5258 on: March 15, 2023, 09:04:13 AM »
What’s the sizing like on NB these days? Last pair I had I had to go a full size up.
True to size on my 440 highs and 1010s. They were a little tight at first but broke in and are perfect now.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #5259 on: March 15, 2023, 10:09:19 AM »
based on looks or skating the 550/650s before? for all the hype on the *50 line, i hear very little regarding skating the shoes. last time it came up on here i want to say it was a resounding "meh" experience

I think I've seen Reynolds skate them once or twice. They look like a pretty skateable silhouette, but I've had them in hand and the leather was plastic-y garbage. Some of them have a suede toecap, so those ones might be better, but I can't imagine the leather ones holding up very well.

FrenchSkater

• Rep: 28
« Reply #5260 on: March 15, 2023, 02:21:21 PM »
I bought my first pair of westgate 508 despite some negative reviews.. like what the sole is not thick enough. However, I like slim silhouette shoes and have read that they are better than the 440s, and I've been walking in the 440s for 4 months and have no foot pain.. so.. the 508s don't can only be positive haha, right ?  ;D

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #5261 on: March 15, 2023, 09:01:39 PM »
Expand Quote
@rothdigga can you comment on the sizing of the 212 and 272? TTS?
[close]
The 212 is one of the only shoes I have to size down in.  I wear a 11.5 and get 11's in the 212's.

I know some go TTS on the 272 and some size down, it's an in between it seems as I know it's a longer, narrow last.

I ended up ordering both in size 10, which is what I wear for 99% of skate shoes. 212s feel TTS to me. 272 feel a smidge bigger but nothing crazy, not a 1/2 size bigger. I read like a million reviews on both in terms of TTS, fit big, fit small etc and it's crazy how there are so many different experiences out there about sizing on different peoples' feet.

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 20
« Reply #5262 on: March 17, 2023, 07:19:13 AM »
Is franky getting a shoe? They been wearing a green NB on their IG that I’ve never seen before. Looks cool

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #5263 on: March 17, 2023, 07:29:00 AM »
Is franky getting a shoe? They been wearing a green NB on their IG that I’ve never seen before. Looks cool

I really hope so and had heard something about it before the Reynolds show started. 

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
« Reply #5264 on: March 17, 2023, 09:49:23 AM »
Sooner than you think!

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #5265 on: March 17, 2023, 10:07:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Sooner than you think!

Makes sense.   Franky and both Tom Ks seem to have had a ton of colorways.  It’s not surprising that 2 of the 3 have pro models on the way and I hope Karangelov will get his too

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5266 on: March 21, 2023, 07:26:21 AM »
definintely will be copping the first wave of Franky's.
ONTARIO CANADA

jrb32

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5267 on: March 21, 2023, 09:48:06 AM »
How’s the sizing on the 440’s? Wear an 11 in blazers and want to give the 440’s a shot. Sizing similar or do I need to size up/down at all?

overwaxed

• Rep: 83
« Reply #5268 on: March 21, 2023, 09:49:22 AM »
How’s the sizing on the 440’s? Wear an 11 in blazers and want to give the 440’s a shot. Sizing similar or do I need to size up/down at all?

pretty true to size - I'm an 11 in Nike/Vans/etc. and the 11's in the 440 are perfect.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 300
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #5269 on: March 21, 2023, 10:44:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

pretty true to size - I'm an 11 in Nike/Vans/etc. and the 11's in the 440 are perfect.
yep TTS, the 440 highs have more volume and feel roomier than the lows

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 158
« Reply #5270 on: March 21, 2023, 10:24:49 PM »

Really wish the 440 wasnt too narrow for me, this shoe looks so much like the sneakers Theo’s gifted in Bexhill at the end of Children of Men - which is my main comp and goal when shopping for a blue shoe.  Was this gonna be an Atlantic Drift collab?  Love this design

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #5271 on: March 21, 2023, 10:57:57 PM »

Really wish the 440 wasnt too narrow for me, this shoe looks so much like the sneakers Theo’s gifted in Bexhill at the end of Children of Men - which is my main comp and goal when shopping for a blue shoe.  Was this gonna be an Atlantic Drift collab?  Love this design

Took narrow or too tight? I've got pretty wide feet and thought the 440 was one of the best fitting shoes I've owned in terms of shape. Usually I get squeezed into the toe box but that obviously wasn't an issue with them. You can stretch the uppers out with a shoe stretcher if you're getting squeezed too hard, I did that with my second pair to speed up the break in process and it worked pretty well.

streetmeat

• Rep: 172
« Reply #5272 on: March 22, 2023, 03:08:17 AM »

i love these on paper but they also scream FedEx uniform vibes

chronicbackpain

• Rep: 157
« Reply #5273 on: March 22, 2023, 04:40:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i love these on paper but they also scream FedEx uniform vibes
I’m not seeing it because as someone who worked at FedEx briefly, I saw a lot of Vans (Sk8-Hi) and all black New Balance (“dad shoes”). You can wear anything as long as it’s closed-toe.

If I didn’t just go through a pair of the Sage Fastbreaks in navy, I’d scoop these.

Ride it to dust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #5274 on: March 22, 2023, 08:18:48 AM »
Probably going to try the 440 lows next, i have the hi’s but sure i seen someone say the lows fit a big snugger?I Do get a small bit of heel slip if theyre not crank-tied tight so a slightly smaller fit might be the one?

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #5275 on: March 22, 2023, 09:28:59 AM »
My 440 lows and highs fit exactly the same.

Ride it to dust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #5276 on: March 22, 2023, 09:40:23 AM »
Thanks, hoping some good colourways come up cheap enough soon!

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 158
« Reply #5277 on: March 22, 2023, 01:47:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Took narrow or too tight? I've got pretty wide feet and thought the 440 was one of the best fitting shoes I've owned in terms of shape. Usually I get squeezed into the toe box but that obviously wasn't an issue with them. You can stretch the uppers out with a shoe stretcher if you're getting squeezed too hard, I did that with my second pair to speed up the break in process and it worked pretty well.

My foots wide by the heel too, I havent tried on the 440 but my eye is trained from all the online buys, the sole narrows too much towards the heel.  Maybe it’ll be right on that line like the Tyshawns and I could wear em in, but barring a miracle I’d have to send em back.  Probably should hit up a retailer somewhere to throw em on.  I have a pair of 1010’s and they’re a little snug but feel good.

eSK3

« Reply #5278 on: March 23, 2023, 08:55:05 AM »
Looking forward to those poets 1010’s. Been into wearing more white shoes as of lately.

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #5279 on: March 24, 2023, 03:04:38 PM »
So I'm on my first pair 1010s and so far I'm a bit worried.
The thing is, on my right shoe, it's like my arch is getting to much pressure and on my first walk around the neighborhood it started to really hurt.
Strange because on my left foot everything is fine.
Is this a known thing? Will this go away when they break in more?
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.