Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 780450 times)

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #5190 on: February 21, 2023, 01:59:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
im really a blazer guy, been skating the lows and mids exclusivly for years now.
this is the one shoe im really curious to try
[close]
It's gonna feel different from a blazer for sure as you're sacrificing some boardfeel for added structure/support btw. The 440 is a well constructed thin cupsole that skates amazing and as you read more into this thread, its a NB model that is well loved by most. They will feel way more comfortable than the blazers which your feet/body will appreciate.
[close]

I actually find the 440 has better boardfeel once broken in. Blazers are floppier, but feel more brick like.

yeah, almost every comment Ive had in this thread was hating on 440s, but I finally shut up and skated them. Theyre great!

Gonna keep getting the 288s though

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

pointandclick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5191 on: February 21, 2023, 10:56:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
im really a blazer guy, been skating the lows and mids exclusivly for years now.
this is the one shoe im really curious to try
[close]
It's gonna feel different from a blazer for sure as you're sacrificing some boardfeel for added structure/support btw. The 440 is a well constructed thin cupsole that skates amazing and as you read more into this thread, its a NB model that is well loved by most. They will feel way more comfortable than the blazers which your feet/body will appreciate.
[close]

I actually find the 440 has better boardfeel once broken in. Blazers are floppier, but feel more brick like.
[close]

Gonna keep getting the 288s though
scoop em up while you can.

DanRar009

• Rep: 46
« Reply #5192 on: February 22, 2023, 01:30:14 AM »
Are the 288s going to be discontinued?

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #5193 on: February 22, 2023, 06:33:31 AM »

God I hope not.  They have the best shape and no dumb mega heel lift.

mindfuzz

• Rep: 35
« Reply #5194 on: February 22, 2023, 07:42:06 AM »
Tom has a pro shoe coming out with NB in the fall too, which is fucking sick that NB is smart enough to give this man his own shoe.

From the thread for the new Tom Knox colorway video - is this for real?

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #5195 on: February 22, 2023, 07:49:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Tom has a pro shoe coming out with NB in the fall too, which is fucking sick that NB is smart enough to give this man his own shoe.
[close]

It’s for real

From the thread for the new Tom Knox colorway video - is this for real?

Pasta Monster

« Reply #5196 on: February 22, 2023, 08:40:12 AM »
I didn’t get the hype about 1010s but bought two pairs on sale because I liked the way they look [and those Tiago videos]. The comfort/padding/fit is perfect. Truly 10/10 and I can’t stop buying more pairs. My bank account hates me but my feet love me.

Edit:
I can’t wait for the Tom Knox model. Does anyone have more info?

rothdigga

• Rep: 571
« Reply #5197 on: February 22, 2023, 11:22:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

For those 288 fans I'll give you the inside scoop...yes, grab what you can while they're available.  Generally we won't put 2 shoes out that are super similar and the 288s and Knox are definitely in the same ballpark.  HOPEFULLY you'll be super hyped on the Knox if you skate the 288, but just in case, I would grab some 288's to hold you over.  Oct-ish launch for that Knoxy.  I'm sure photos will eventually make their way on here but I can't post them. 

IpathCats

« Reply #5198 on: February 22, 2023, 01:00:24 PM »
I didn’t get the hype about 1010s but bought two pairs on sale because I liked the way they look [and those Tiago videos]. The comfort/padding/fit is perfect. Truly 10/10 and I can’t stop buying more pairs. My bank account hates me but my feet love me.

Edit:

Tom Knox is getting a 1010 colorway? thats cool. Love those shoes, but they dont love my feet.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #5199 on: February 22, 2023, 01:06:01 PM »
Expand Quote

Edit:
[close]

Tom Knox is getting a 1010 colorway? thats cool. Love those shoes, but they dont love my feet.
Nah, he’s getting a model similar to the 288. The 1010s turned me into a NB# fanboy, and Tom Knox is one of my current favorite pros.

FakieFlipCG

• Rep: 36
« Reply #5200 on: February 23, 2023, 02:17:16 PM »

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #5201 on: February 23, 2023, 02:39:42 PM »

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #5202 on: February 23, 2023, 02:45:32 PM »
Wow i love those....mesh toe colorways fits me so much better, will be stoked to buy these when they drop

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 41
« Reply #5203 on: February 23, 2023, 02:49:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

For those 288 fans I'll give you the inside scoop...yes, grab what you can while they're available.  Generally we won't put 2 shoes out that are super similar and the 288s and Knox are definitely in the same ballpark.  HOPEFULLY you'll be super hyped on the Knox if you skate the 288, but just in case, I would grab some 288's to hold you over.  Oct-ish launch for that Knoxy.  I'm sure photos will eventually make their way on here but I can't post them.

All I need to know is, does have the sock liner tongue thingy?

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #5204 on: February 23, 2023, 07:34:35 PM »
Anyone know whatever happened to the supposed numeric version of the New Balance BB480? There’s clips of Tiago and Spencer Hamilton skating them and then someone on here was testing them out as well I believe. Anyone know if that ever took off or not? I thought it was a great looking shoe that could be a staple in the line. Would be sick to get a little more tech into it and some more padding in the tongue and around the heel.

eSK3

« Reply #5205 on: February 24, 2023, 02:36:44 AM »
^That’s R&D for things planned in the future. Everything you see is on a 1-3 year plan from start to finish. That’s not a shoe that’s gonna be numeric but it will more than likely be something related to that last or heritage.  :)

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5206 on: February 24, 2023, 03:53:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Edit:
[close]

[close]
Nah, he’s getting a model similar to the 288. The 1010s turned me into a NB# fanboy, and Tom Knox is one of my current favorite pros.
I'm putting my chips on a reimagined 868 (hopefully without the Peeble magnet Factor)
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #5207 on: February 24, 2023, 08:03:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Edit:
[close]

[close]
[close]
I'm putting my chips on a reimagined 868 (hopefully without the Peeble magnet Factor)
From what I remember, they are similar to the 868. Like an 868/440. Pretty sure I was lookin at the Knox.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2228
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5208 on: February 24, 2023, 08:47:26 AM »
The Tom Knox shoe is super sick. Really stoked to get a pair when they come out.

Like Rothdigga said, it's more like the 288 than any of the other shoes in the line. But not super close.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #5209 on: February 24, 2023, 09:19:14 AM »
I’m giddy for the Knox

Vintagebody

• Rep: 75
« Reply #5210 on: February 26, 2023, 12:23:15 AM »
Does the Knox 440's have the same insole? I literally get heelbruise on flat with 440s...

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5211 on: February 26, 2023, 09:01:09 AM »
Does the Knox 440's have the same insole? I literally get heelbruise on flat with 440s...
Same napkin
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2228
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5212 on: February 26, 2023, 11:17:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Same napkin

Same looking sole but a completely new sole. I've been told thicker than the 288, not as thick as the 1010.

wax poetic

• Rep: 40
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #5213 on: February 26, 2023, 11:31:53 AM »
Is there a Reynolds model in the samples phase yet?  Wondering when we'll start seeing sneak pics of that

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #5214 on: February 26, 2023, 11:44:15 AM »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5215 on: February 27, 2023, 03:01:58 AM »
Everything about that 808 is freaking sick.
Usually I'll stop skating my shoes after 1 month because they feel floppy or flick deteriorated beyond my acceptance.
I skated 808 for 3 months in which I walked in them A LOT (normal conditions, rain, snow, you name it). ZERO issues besides that I got "bored" of the same look in my feel for that long. I'm giving them a rest since sure they have easily 1 more month of life in them.
Wonder if 1010 are that durable.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

rubbery vagina

• Rep: -51
« Reply #5216 on: February 27, 2023, 08:25:44 PM »
Expand Quote
NB's cupsoles would be so perfect if the toe caps were more tapered
[close]
I’m not sure your terminology reflects what you’re trying to convey.

You're right - I didn't mean to say toe cap. The front of the sole is more squared off than popular cup soles from other brands. I feel like this compromises flick precision. No one else notices that?

streetmeat

• Rep: 171
« Reply #5217 on: February 28, 2023, 02:58:34 AM »
I think I may have come to the end of my long love life with the 440 and its sole. I have maybe less then 10 sessions on a new pair and the sole is already wearing down in the ball of my foot like it does on every pair, but this pair seems to be wearing down super fast. I dont understand how the 440 seems to be the highest(?) staple in their line but they wont do fuck all about the sole.

Ride it to dust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #5218 on: February 28, 2023, 03:08:41 AM »
I think I may have come to the end of my long love life with the 440 and its sole. I have maybe less then 10 sessions on a new pair and the sole is already wearing down in the ball of my foot like it does on every pair, but this pair seems to be wearing down super fast. I dont understand how the 440 seems to be the highest(?) staple in their line but they wont do fuck all about the sole.

I’ve noticed the exact same thing after my session on sunday. Its almost like the sole is more “chalky” feeling. Kind of annoying as the rest of the shoe is still in good condition.

rothdigga

• Rep: 571
« Reply #5219 on: February 28, 2023, 11:11:48 AM »
Shooting you a DM to find out more.  I haven't heard this before so I want to dig in more about this.