Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 784928 times)

devourthehours, jakeumms and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

slimvanilla

Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #5280 on: March 24, 2023, 03:09:01 PM »
So I'm on my first pair 1010s and so far I'm a bit worried.
The thing is, on my right shoe, it's like my arch is getting to much pressure and on my first walk around the neighborhood it started to really hurt.
Strange because on my left foot everything is fine.
Is this a known thing? Will this go away when they break in more?
also on my first pair of 1010s. wearing em right now actually. and i definitely feel a difference in fit and comfort between my left and right shoes. my left shoe feels much more narrow and uncomfortable while my right fits great. not sure if it's a foot thing or a shoe thing. but yeah i feel u on them being a bit uncomfy.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 167
« Reply #5281 on: March 24, 2023, 03:39:05 PM »
The thing is, on my right shoe, it's like my arch is getting to much pressure and on my first walk around the neighborhood it started to really hurt.

Legit had the same issue, right foot arch pain- which is usually the opposite of what I experience.  But yeah, it mostly went away.  So did the heel slip.  But I’m waiting a while before I ever skate in mine, they’re too beautiful to ruin yet  ;D

vicious cycle

• Rep: 166
« Reply #5282 on: March 24, 2023, 03:40:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
also on my first pair of 1010s. wearing em right now actually. and i definitely feel a difference in fit and comfort between my left and right shoes. my left shoe feels much more narrow and uncomfortable while my right fits great. not sure if it's a foot thing or a shoe thing. but yeah i feel u on them being a bit uncomfy.
I don't have this in any other shoes i have in rotation (440s, Tyshawn lows, 3st.004, Maranas and KSL G6) so I don't think it's my feet. I just hope they break in, otherwise this is a no go.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

vicious cycle

« Reply #5283 on: March 24, 2023, 03:45:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Legit had the same issue, right foot arch pain- which is usually the opposite of what I experience.  But yeah, it mostly went away.  So did the heel slip.  But I’m waiting a while before I ever skate in mine, they’re too beautiful to ruin yet  ;D
Nice, no heel slip for me. I laced them pretty loose too. This helped a little but for the arch pain.
Gonna walk in them for a few days and hope for the best.

luvs2spooge

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5284 on: March 24, 2023, 03:59:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Nice, no heel slip for me. I laced them pretty loose too. This helped a little but for the arch pain.

Just got the brown/green last week, been wearing at work to break in.

same EXACT issue, arch pain went away on right foot after day 3. however that pinky toe is rubbing fierce.

wanting 440 hi but I hate putting on hitops.
hemi sync

vicious cycle

« Reply #5285 on: March 24, 2023, 05:29:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Just got the brown/green last week, been wearing at work to break in.

same EXACT issue, arch pain went away on right foot after day 3. however that pinky toe is rubbing fierce.

wanting 440 hi but I hate putting on hitops.
Interesting, so I think I gonna keep them and see how they will break in. Thanks for the feedback, I wasn't sure if I should bring them back.

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 45
« Reply #5286 on: March 24, 2023, 06:03:33 PM »

eSK3

« Reply #5287 on: March 24, 2023, 08:42:32 PM »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5288 on: March 25, 2023, 01:56:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Same here. My left foot was super in pain, hopefully it will get better
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5289 on: March 25, 2023, 06:53:33 AM »
I've been in my 808s pretty regularly for a couple of weeks (once they broke in they stopped hurting my toes and feel awesome) but yesterday I put on my all black 1010s and skated them for the first time. Once I got used to it, they skated amazing, but I think I like the flick of the 808 a little better. But the 1010 just has unreal cushioning. I'm almost 48 and ollied down a six stair last night and didn't feel a thing. Even better, my legs feel good this morning.

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 163
« Reply #5290 on: March 25, 2023, 07:34:50 AM »
Yes, most two feet are not the same shape or size. You’re going to feel the difference in shoes with mid foot cushioning…. And it sucks until they break in.

Figured I’d give the 272’s a go since I was floored by NB’s build quality on the 808’s and 1010. I should preface by saying that I absolutely hate vulc shoes, so I knew I was taking a gamble by buying the 272’s (on sale).

Needless to say, after firstly getting over the sole shape  (which vulcs tend to feel angular to me.. idk?) the shoe felt fantastic! There is a minor detail that made me appreciate the build quality, and it’s something I’ve never paid any mind to. The shoes ventilation holes actually work! I’ve never experienced a shoe where you can actually feel a breeze on your feet. It is interesting, and a detail that always seems had been purely aesthetic until now.

Anyways, with my curiosity piqued, I’ve now purchased a pair of 440’s.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

vicious cycle

« Reply #5291 on: March 25, 2023, 12:13:12 PM »
Hate to say it but... I skated my 1010s today for the first time. The arch pain went away after the first 20 minutes or so. But after 10 Kickflips the sole on the toe area separated from the suede. I now have glued it back on. Looks like shit. Can't remember this ever happened to me besides skating canvas element shoes i had stored in the garage for 15 years.. 

Pasta Monster

« Reply #5292 on: March 25, 2023, 02:17:03 PM »
Hate to say it but... I skated my 1010s today for the first time. The arch pain went away after the first 20 minutes or so. But after 10 Kickflips the sole on the toe area separated from the suede. I now have glued it back on. Looks like shit. Can't remember this ever happened to me besides skating canvas element shoes i had stored in the garage for 15 years..
@rothdigga will get it sorted if wherever you bought them from can’t because that sounds like a defect.

I have two pairs in rotation and the only complaint was the arch pain, which went away after wearing them around for a week prior to skating. Skating them out of the box was unbearable after a couple minutes of flatground.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #5293 on: March 25, 2023, 02:43:54 PM »
I've been in my 808s pretty regularly for a couple of weeks (once they broke in they stopped hurting my toes and feel awesome) but yesterday I put on my all black 1010s and skated them for the first time. Once I got used to it, they skated amazing, but I think I like the flick of the 808 a little better. But the 1010 just has unreal cushioning. I'm almost 48 and ollied down a six stair last night and didn't feel a thing. Even better, my legs feel good this morning.

Very sick

OhioGuy

• Rep: 61
« Reply #5294 on: March 28, 2023, 07:45:54 AM »
One YouTuber said the 440s fit big, so you should go down half a size? Is that true? I ask cause I wear a 13 and want a shoe with some wiggle room. My Tyshawn’s are too tight.

I live in a area without a skate shop so I may go to *shudders* Zumiez to try on the Tom Knox ones.

luvs2spooge

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5295 on: March 28, 2023, 07:56:16 AM »
One YouTuber said the 440s fit big, so you should go down half a size? Is that true? I ask cause I wear a 13 and want a shoe with some wiggle room. My Tyshawn’s are too tight.

I live in a area without a skate shop so I may go to *shudders* Zumiez to try on the Tom Knox ones.

best part of zumiez, wasting their time to buy elsewhere.
hemi sync

overwaxed

• Rep: 92
« Reply #5296 on: March 28, 2023, 08:00:33 AM »

I have the 440 lows and they fit true to size - I’m in 11 in vans / Clark’s / and the equivalent in blundstones which are the only other shoes I wear.

DanRar009

• Rep: 52
« Reply #5297 on: March 28, 2023, 08:03:11 AM »

In my own experience with the 440 hi and lows, my 440 hi’s fit a half size big so I always go 11 1/2 in the hi and a size 12 in the lows.

DanRar009

« Reply #5298 on: March 28, 2023, 08:06:35 AM »
Anyone got any word on upcoming summer colorways? Almost got another pair of the all black 808s as I’m skating some all blacks right now but figured I’d hold out for what colorways summer might bring.

OhioGuy

« Reply #5299 on: March 28, 2023, 08:08:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

In my own experience with the 440 hi and lows, my 440 hi’s fit a half size big so I always go 11 1/2 in the hi and a size 12 in the lows.
Nice! Will get my true size. Thanks for the quick replies 😃

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 163
« Reply #5300 on: March 28, 2023, 08:44:57 AM »
So I encountered my first “construction” issue in a pair of newly purchased 440’s. Nothing major, but one of the puncture holes for one of the eyelets was missing. So I essentially couldn’t lace the shoe without puncturing the hole myself on the inner fabric.

Only real issue I’ve seen yet in the 16 or so pairs of NB’s I purchased.

Also, the 272 is glorious! Maybe the first vulc shoe I’ve ever loved.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

OhioGuy

« Reply #5301 on: March 28, 2023, 08:54:00 AM »
Okay, the 440Hs fit like a dream out the box. Long, wide, not super heavy. I can already tell these will be fun to skate in 😍

The remind me of Air Jordan 1 and Dunks I used to wear back in high school. Nice and roomy.

standfast

• Rep: 19
« Reply #5302 on: March 28, 2023, 08:55:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The suede fit true to size but the leather 440s are about a half size larger.

rothdigga

• Rep: 574
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5303 on: March 28, 2023, 09:29:20 AM »

Shooting you a DM now so I can get you sorted out. 

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #5304 on: March 28, 2023, 09:46:55 AM »
almost bought 808s today... but i wasn't really confident that they would fit my feet. i was already wearing my 1010s and i also tried a fresh pair of 1010s to compare. all of them in my tts. the 808s were really, really snug. i'm sure they would bag out, but i was honestly a bit afraid they might end up being too painfully snug to walk em in. half a size up was definitely too long tho, and i pretty much never wear that size unless for chillers. i couldn't bring myself to commit to the purchase unfortunately. even though the shoe was looking great and all and the sole felt super supportive.

DERBY

• Rep: 254
« Reply #5305 on: March 28, 2023, 10:02:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

OhioGuy

« Reply #5306 on: March 28, 2023, 10:45:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I failed the skating gods 😫

They skate great, though. Out the box they feel better than my few month old TyShawn’s. Only con for me is they could use more arch support and the insole appears to be glued down.

DanRar009

« Reply #5307 on: March 28, 2023, 11:03:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The suede fit true to size but the leather 440s are about a half size larger.

Depending on the type of foot maybe but I’ve had suede 440 hi’s that I had to half size down and the leather 440 lows I’m on now are my tts in a size 12

OhioGuy

« Reply #5308 on: March 28, 2023, 01:05:37 PM »
Wait, I’ve seen some YouTubers take out the insole in the 440s. I’m I just doing something wrong? They seem glued in.

Edit: Nevermind. Figured it out. Gonna put my other ones in to give some arch support ☺️

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #5309 on: March 28, 2023, 03:02:27 PM »
440s always seem to be TTS or 0.5 small but rarely should anyone size down in that model. Low or high version
Super Champion Fun Zone