Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765587 times)

Sad Hippo

Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #750 on: April 18, 2018, 09:16:05 PM »
Why are the 868s so narrow?! I had to return the pair I ordered because they were crushing the sides of my feet.  They're the perfect shoe for me, as far as support, looks, etc but man, they are too narrow.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #751 on: April 18, 2018, 10:48:10 PM »
Why are the 868s so narrow?! I had to return the pair I ordered because they were crushing the sides of my feet.  They're the perfect shoe for me, as far as support, looks, etc but man, they are too narrow.

I had this with the 533's - the first few hours of wearing em they were really narrow and tight but after a day fit really good. The logan has a wider construction and it fits really really good. I might buy a pair just to chill in
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #752 on: April 19, 2018, 07:44:55 AM »
I microwave all my NB# shoes. I don't think any of them have any metal eyelets anyways.

Definitely feels way better once they are all soft, I pop my FP game changers in there and they feel great.

As for the fit, all the NB# have the true to size fit. I've had troubles in the past when they first started out especially with the black box pairs. But to me, they have certainly fixed the sizing issue in all the models.

thanks tate!

Expand Quote
[close]

I had this with the 533's - the first few hours of wearing em they were really narrow and tight but after a day fit really good. The logan has a wider construction and it fits really really good. I might buy a pair just to chill in

yeah same problem here, i'll let you know how microwaving them works out for what it's worth, since you returned them.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #753 on: April 19, 2018, 02:57:22 PM »
Expand Quote
I microwave all my NB# shoes. I don't think any of them have any metal eyelets anyways.

Definitely feels way better once they are all soft, I pop my FP game changers in there and they feel great.

As for the fit, all the NB# have the true to size fit. I've had troubles in the past when they first started out especially with the black box pairs. But to me, they have certainly fixed the sizing issue in all the models.
[close]

thanks tate!

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

yeah same problem here, i'll let you know how microwaving them works out for what it's worth, since you returned them.

Be careful microwaving the 868s I did it a for too long on a pair of 8.5 and the foam in the heel bubbled out

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #754 on: April 19, 2018, 03:38:37 PM »
Be careful microwaving the 868s I did it a for too long on a pair of 8.5 and the foam in the heel bubbled out

thx man, i'll be careful. hope yours were still skatable?

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #755 on: April 19, 2018, 05:43:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They would be if they were the right size, don't think it really affected much just looks weird. I microwaved them because they were a bit too small and over did it. I usually wear 8.5 that's what these are, but bought some size 9s and they're great

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #756 on: April 22, 2018, 01:11:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They would be if they were the right size, don't think it really affected much just looks weird. I microwaved them because they were a bit too small and over did it. I usually wear 8.5 that's what these are, but bought some size 9s and they're great

yo, so i put em in the microwave on max settings for about 20 seconds and it did work quite nicely, they are quite comfortable now after wearing them afterwards for while. but as you said, on one shoe one of the little gelpads was about to burst open, but i just tapped the little cut while it was still soft and it practically healed up after hardening again.

but if ever get this shoe again i probably get half a size up instead.

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #757 on: April 23, 2018, 09:40:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

yo, so i put em in the microwave on max settings for about 20 seconds and it did work quite nicely, they are quite comfortable now after wearing them afterwards for while. but as you said, on one shoe one of the little gelpads was about to burst open, but i just tapped the little cut while it was still soft and it practically healed up after hardening again.

but if ever get this shoe again i probably get half a size up instead.

Frank,
Glad the microwave trick worked out.  I don't skate the 868's personally, I just like thinner shoes and was always stuck on vulcs until the 288's came out.  Now I won't really skate anything else, but I'm a sucker for consistency...same board, same wheels, same trucks and shoes.  I do know that dudes who skate that shoe are pretty set on them once they get used to them though. 

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #758 on: April 23, 2018, 10:14:23 AM »
Frank,
Glad the microwave trick worked out.  I don't skate the 868's personally, I just like thinner shoes and was always stuck on vulcs until the 288's came out.  Now I won't really skate anything else, but I'm a sucker for consistency...same board, same wheels, same trucks and shoes.  I do know that dudes who skate that shoe are pretty set on them once they get used to them though.

hey man, i bought these out of curiosity, they are the most tech shoe i've owned in years but i feel like my back is hurting for better shoes these days. i'll skate a vulc still but probably only for cruising to the corner store or skating small transitions. anyways, thanks for the reply and sorry for misspelling your name the first time.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #759 on: April 24, 2018, 10:52:29 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

electromagnetic radiation

• Rep: -1

electromagnetic radiation

• Rep: -1
« Reply #761 on: April 26, 2018, 01:20:59 AM »
has anyone skated the epic tr national Pride? Looks beautiful

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #762 on: April 27, 2018, 08:52:12 AM »
This “put your shoes in the microwave” shit is absolutely insane, guys.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #763 on: April 28, 2018, 03:28:38 AM »

It's nothing new! Try it before you knock it ;)

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #764 on: April 28, 2018, 10:27:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's nothing new! Try it before you knock it ;)

Ive had 4 pairs of the 533’s now and all I do is bend them with my hands & press them up against the wall or whatever and they’re totally broken in by the second session or so. No point in potentially weakening the glue or ruining the materials with microwave heat IMO.

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #765 on: May 05, 2018, 07:28:47 PM »
Anyone know how tall the heel is on the 440?  Especially in comparison with other NB# cupsoles.  I’m hoping it’s lower than the 288. 

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #766 on: May 05, 2018, 08:44:01 PM »
Does the 420 have basically the same sole unit as 440 (with runner toe)?

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #767 on: May 05, 2018, 11:49:25 PM »
Does the 420 have basically the same sole unit as 440 (with runner toe)?
nope totally different sole

hey pickle

« Reply #768 on: May 06, 2018, 03:36:43 AM »
help me out british bois - im a uk10 in vans authentics/10.5 is nike/adidas - what will i need in nb

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #769 on: May 06, 2018, 10:20:09 AM »
help me out british bois - im a uk10 in vans authentics/10.5 is nike/adidas - what will i need in nb

A Busenitz UK 9 fits the same as a 9.5 new balance 358 and 533 v1. I'm wearing some 868s in a UK 10 at the moment and while there is ample room for my toes, they're quite snug across the bridges of my feet still. Hope that helps.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #771 on: May 07, 2018, 01:45:04 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ-bcI3FKtM

I'm pretty psyched on the 440s and am keen to give them a go... Buuuuut received this email from NB UK earlier today:

"Thank you for contacting New Balance. Unfortunately we have no indication that our selection of skating shoes will include the 440s at the moment. It is also not possible to order from the US site and have the shoes delivered to the UK. We are very sorry."

I'm sure we'll get a glut of eye-catching colourways for a range of models in the summer.

rothdigga

« Reply #772 on: May 08, 2018, 09:48:00 AM »
bird,
Trying to figure out why you got that reply from NB UK.  I'm showing that the UK ordered the NM440BLK (black/white version of the 440) for this initial Summer drop.  I'll let you know what I find out. 

rothdigga

« Reply #773 on: May 08, 2018, 11:05:32 AM »

I'm pretty psyched on the 440s and am keen to give them a go... Buuuuut received this email from NB UK earlier today:

"Thank you for contacting New Balance. Unfortunately we have no indication that our selection of skating shoes will include the 440s at the moment. It is also not possible to order from the US site and have the shoes delivered to the UK. We are very sorry."

I'm sure we'll get a glut of eye-catching colourways for a range of models in the summer.

Bird,
Looks like Flatspot is all sold out of those 440's already in a week, but Slam City has some left.  We'll have them on our NB-UK site (Black/white) in a week, but of course we would prefer you buy them from Slam or Flatspot or any other independent shop if you can.   Hope that helps! 

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #774 on: May 08, 2018, 11:07:15 AM »
Anyone skate the mids? Some on sale around the net and need some feedback before I bite.

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #775 on: May 11, 2018, 07:27:59 PM »
Anyone skate the mids? Some on sale around the net and need some feedback before I bite.

If you’re talking about the 345s, I just finished skating them and was a fan. Fit a little more snug and stiff than the 344s, maybe a quarter size smaller. Good shoes.

If you mean the 213s, I skated a set about 6 months ago and did not enjoy them. They’ve got a really wide toe box which might be nice for some but it caused my feet to slide around and toes to jam up against the front. Fit 1/2 size larger than other NBs. Decent shoes, just not for me.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #777 on: May 13, 2018, 09:42:06 AM »
346s

http://www.newbalance.com/pd/346/NM346.html?dwvar_NM346_color=Tan_with_Gum#color=Tan_with_Gum&width=D

Assuming they are the 345s just mid?

Oops, got my numbers off by one. Right, 346 is the mid version of the 345. I wouldn’t call it a true mid like a Blazer, it sits right at the ankle bone for me rather than covering it.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #778 on: May 14, 2018, 03:09:11 PM »

Gino's Back 180 Nosegrind

• Rep: 34
« Reply #779 on: May 14, 2018, 03:17:21 PM »
If anyone's curious on how the 440's skate, they're the shit. For reference I like the Lucas Premiere, Gilbert 2, slim cupsole type of shoe. I'd choose the 440 over both atm. Grip is way better than the 598 sole. Fit feels good, true to size. Only thing that worries me is the toe panel. The seams are starting to rip and hopefully it's not like the samba bullshit where there's nothing underneath. I'd prefer it with a one piece type of deal

Good shoe, best I've had in a while