Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765734 times)

Fifty8mm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 124

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #901 on: September 12, 2018, 12:48:32 AM »
Hope this is available beyond the Asia market.

I swore I'd snag a pair of skateable 574's if they ever came out, even before Numeric was a "thing".

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #902 on: September 13, 2018, 05:31:49 AM »

I swore I'd snag a pair of skateable 574's if they ever came out, even before Numeric was a "thing".

If you mean that you're looking for them in the US...yes, I bought stock of those to sell to shops here in the US.  Too good of a colorway to pass up...I used to wear that colorway religiously when I rode for Airwalk.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #903 on: September 13, 2018, 02:55:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you mean that you're looking for them in the US...yes, I bought stock of those to sell to shops here in the US.  Too good of a colorway to pass up...I used to wear that colorway religiously when I rode for Airwalk.
no canada?

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #904 on: September 13, 2018, 11:22:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks Roth,

Only reason I assumed that it could possibly be the Asia market only is the Hong Kong location of the shop.

Hope Furnace or LB Skate gets a few pairs.

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #905 on: September 19, 2018, 04:48:05 PM »
Lotta good looks at shoes in this new clip, including that 8five2 skateable 574 at the 4:55 mark

http://www.freeskatemag.com/2018/09/19/nb-my-road/

Smartass

• Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #906 on: September 20, 2018, 07:19:10 AM »
Lotta good looks at shoes in this new clip, including that 8five2 skateable 574 at the 4:55 mark

Digging the color way, but I'm more excited about those Navy 420's at the 2:06 mark.

Roth when are we going to see that color way drop?

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
« Reply #907 on: September 20, 2018, 11:36:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Digging the color way, but I'm more excited about those Navy 420's at the 2:06 mark.

Those are an early version of the Royal 420 that we have coming for Spring 2019.  I think the final version has a filled in white N on it, and a white heel tab on the back, but it's the same shoe.  So...a Jan 1 2019 delivery. 

Smartass

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #908 on: September 20, 2018, 09:10:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Those are an early version of the Royal 420 that we have coming for Spring 2019.  I think the final version has a filled in white N on it, and a white heel tab on the back, but it's the same shoe.  So...a Jan 1 2019 delivery.
Convince them to keep the N colored in like it is in the vid. Well to be honest either way I'm picking it up, both sound nice and clean.

Thanks for the update Roth.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #909 on: September 20, 2018, 09:11:34 PM »

Nice find. Definitely feeling them. 
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #910 on: September 22, 2018, 04:09:14 AM »
Would I size a 345 like a 440/212 or 1/2 up like a 533/598?

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #911 on: September 22, 2018, 08:22:36 AM »
I go with my regular shoe size for 345 and half size up for 598. I can skate 598 in my regular size, but it's a slightly painful break in.

RIP 598 :'(

Seriously though, it was one of their best looking and performing shoes they just fucked up on the sizing.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #912 on: September 24, 2018, 05:36:48 AM »
jus checking in on seeing when we're getting a numeric high top that actually covers my ankle so i can try these things. thanks lol
good come sausage

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #913 on: September 24, 2018, 11:15:34 PM »
Ok guys, which Numeric's do I go with?
I've been scrolling through online shops for months looking at NB's and have yet to pull the trigger.
Bought a pair of 505's a while back, but they were too small and now I'm too scared to buy them.

I skate anything from Vans authentics to Nike Dunks so I've been contemplating the new 440's, or do I go basic vulc with the 345, 254, or 212? Is sizing still an issue, or can I safely get my 9.5 Dunk sizing in everything?

Franks

Smartass

« Reply #914 on: September 25, 2018, 07:03:04 AM »
Ok guys, which Numeric's do I go with?
I've been scrolling through online shops for months looking at NB's and have yet to pull the trigger.
Bought a pair of 505's a while back, but they were too small and now I'm too scared to buy them.

I skate anything from Vans authentics to Nike Dunks so I've been contemplating the new 440's, or do I go basic vulc with the 345, 254, or 212? Is sizing still an issue, or can I safely get my 9.5 Dunk sizing in everything?

Franks

There are still some sizing issues, but not nearly as bad as before. Most of the newer stuff being released is pretty much TTS.

I'm currently rocking the 420 in my normal dunk size, and I know the same size would be good for the 288. With the 420, I could even go down a size for a snugger fit because of the material of the shoe.

But for things like the 346 (mid 345) I had to go a half size up, and same goes for the 598. Even then, if you got wide ass feet like I do, they were still pretty narrow and would cause me some pain if I tried to skate in them.

If you got a place locally where you can try them I would recommend doing that just to be sure.

I recommend checking out the 288, it has great board feel like a vulc, but the support of a cupsole if you want something in between. I'm really digging my 420's but it took me a good minute of breaking in to get used to the boardfeel. It gets a lot better once they break in.

ungzilla

« Reply #915 on: September 25, 2018, 07:11:22 AM »
I just got a pair of 440s, if I get them again I'll go a half size down from usual. I've been skating vans ultra range which run small, and these size 10 440s are a 1/4 inch longer than the size 10.5 vans.

thebacker

« Reply #916 on: September 25, 2018, 07:56:06 AM »
whats up with the 440s? hows the sizing, durability, board feel etc

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #917 on: September 25, 2018, 08:27:41 AM »

hoping to get a review together on them soon...
hardly art, hardly starving

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #918 on: September 25, 2018, 08:32:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

one of the best cupsoles ive ever skated. sturdy and supportive all the way to the ground. pretty grippy compared for 533 and 598 right off the bat, the other two i felt like i had to break in alot. some people might find the lip of the sole too much for the first bit, but i liked it for flick and how it keeps the stitched toe from getting too much wear.

rip louis b.k.

• Rep: 15
  • im fadies
« Reply #919 on: September 25, 2018, 01:44:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
one of the best cupsoles ive ever skated. sturdy and supportive all the way to the ground. pretty grippy compared for 533 and 598 right off the bat, the other two i felt like i had to break in alot. some people might find the lip of the sole too much for the first bit, but i liked it for flick and how it keeps the stitched toe from getting too much wear.

Same, I even almost broke my ankle in them and still swear by em (the trick I was trying was basically a guaranteed ankle break anyways), only complaint is that it doesnt have the most impact protection, I bruised my arch pretty bad in these skating flat

ungzilla

« Reply #920 on: September 25, 2018, 05:39:27 PM »

imo they run 1/2 size big in length, width they feel fine or maybe slightly on the roomy side, but i don't have particularly wide feet.

the sole is really good, i guess similar to a dunk in that the heel is a bit thicker and solid, and the forefoot area thinner and doesn't take that much work to get broken in, unlike some NB i've had previously. good tread design, doesn't accumulate pebbles like, say, State do.

i haven't skated long enough to comment on durability but they seem to be nicely constructed and have good materials.

shape-wise i am not used to them at all, the vans ultrarange i've been skating are pretty pointy but these have more of a squared off toe box, which combined w/ the extra length definitely messes with certain flip tricks. maybe it'd be fine if i had gone a half size down.

tongue has centering straps for those worried about that, and laces are placed well for the most part, no excessive ripping so far.

only weak part is the insole, which is cheap flat 4 mm thick foam. they're glued in but come out easy. i've been skating them with some State insoles instead. if you want to stay low as possible stick with the insoles that come with it though.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 05:52:33 PM by ungzilla »

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #921 on: September 25, 2018, 06:06:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

imo they run 1/2 size big in length, width they feel fine or maybe slightly on the roomy side, but i don't have particularly wide feet.

the sole is really good, i guess similar to a dunk in that the heel is a bit thicker and solid, and the forefoot area thinner and doesn't take that much work to get broken in, unlike some NB i've had previously. good tread design, doesn't accumulate pebbles like, say, State do.

i haven't skated long enough to comment on durability but they seem to be nicely constructed and have good materials.

shape-wise i am not used to them at all, the vans ultrarange i've been skating are pretty pointy but these have more of a squared off toe box, which combined w/ the extra length definitely messes with certain flip tricks. maybe it'd be fine if i had gone a half size down.

tongue has centering straps for those worried about that, and laces are placed well for the most part, no excessive ripping so far.

only weak part is the insole, which is cheap flat 4 mm thick foam. they're glued in but come out easy. i've been skating them with some State insoles instead. if you want to stay low as possible stick with the insoles that come with it though.
i would go true to size personally. forgot to add that in.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #922 on: October 02, 2018, 10:01:58 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #923 on: October 04, 2018, 03:48:48 AM »
THAT 868 colorway is dope as fuuuuuck!!!!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #924 on: October 04, 2018, 08:08:06 AM »
all black 420s are dope! Rothdigga, any chance I can test a pair?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #925 on: October 04, 2018, 11:36:51 AM »
Them dusty pink jawnts really light my fire.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #926 on: October 05, 2018, 12:08:02 PM »
The owner of the shop I go to put me onto New Balance late last year. They were low on supplies and New Balance was one of the few brands they had in my size. He told me he had been getting a lot of positive feedback about numerics, especially in terms of durability. As I am often broke, tough shoes sounded good. I forget what I had first, like the 345s or something. I really liked those. Comfy and durable, and fit like a glove. I got the 440s like a month or two ago and I LOVE them. Best soles ever, really sturdy and I can feel my board really well. Super comfortable shoe. Durable AF. I don't remember the last time I was this stoked on a shoe. I bought a backup pair because I have a feeling I'll be too broke when I actually need to replace these.

In summation, the 440s are ill shit.

I am a fucking idiot and realized I've been skating 288s, not 440s. I'm not even sure how I made that mistake.  Either way, just believe what everyone else said. Board feel of a vulc, support of a cupsole, comfy AF.

ballintoohard

« Reply #927 on: October 09, 2018, 12:02:26 PM »
Got the 440 Knox and they fit well, but the board feel is horrible. I like skating Blazers and Cons and the 440's feel like I have 2x4's as soles. Do they take a while to break in or would a different model be better for how much board feel I prefer?

Nate.Dog

• Rep: -9
« Reply #928 on: October 09, 2018, 01:51:18 PM »
Got the 440 Knox and they fit well, but the board feel is horrible. I like skating Blazers and Cons and the 440's feel like I have 2x4's as soles. Do they take a while to break in or would a different model be better for how much board feel I prefer?

Well its a thin cupsole, so its obviously gonna be stiffer and thicker than some thin vulcanized blazers and cons, I personally find that the sole breaks in quite nicely and I can feel my board well.

ballintoohard

« Reply #929 on: October 09, 2018, 06:52:34 PM »
Thanks I honestly don't know what those terms mean, but will give em more time