Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765730 times)

UserFame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #990 on: November 16, 2018, 03:44:16 PM »
They definitely went for the enigmas colorway.

wish is really cool, cuz thats a really nice colorway.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

patob

• Rep: -6
« Reply #991 on: November 17, 2018, 06:52:43 AM »

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #992 on: November 18, 2018, 12:59:35 AM »

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #993 on: November 20, 2018, 11:42:02 AM »
Do the 533V2's have the same strange fit the first version had? For example, I normally wear a 9 but in the first 533's I wore a 10. Thanks

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #994 on: November 20, 2018, 12:03:21 PM »
Do the 533V2's have the same strange fit the first version had? For example, I normally wear a 9 but in the first 533's I wore a 10. Thanks
I normally wear 8.5 in 90% of shoes but for the 533v2, 9 fit perfect.

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #995 on: November 20, 2018, 12:13:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
awesome, thanks for the response.

the cowboy

• Rep: 0
« Reply #996 on: November 20, 2018, 06:52:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Second this.  I've had many 533's.  The v2's are a little bigger than the v1's but still size up 1/2 size.  When in doubt always check the tactics.com review, if something is sized funky always go there, if there is enough reviews you'll get good sizing info.

Another comment on the 533s, they're a little narrow and I've wide feet.  They break in nicely skating but only skating.   I've used as daily walking shoes to break in before and seems like nothing but skating will give em a proper break in.  One of the best, most durable cupsoles once broken in though.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #997 on: November 20, 2018, 07:53:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Second this.  I've had many 533's.  The v2's are a little bigger than the v1's but still size up 1/2 size.  When in doubt always check the tactics.com review, if something is sized funky always go there, if there is enough reviews you'll get good sizing info.

Another comment on the 533s, they're a little narrow and I've wide feet.  They break in nicely skating but only skating.   I've used as daily walking shoes to break in before and seems like nothing but skating will give em a proper break in.  One of the best, most durable cupsoles once broken in though.

damn i had the same issue- 533 v1 fit sooo good but the v2's had a more narrow toe box resulting in a pinched pinky toe
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #998 on: November 30, 2018, 09:08:26 PM »
Couple of kicks from NB# arrived today.

8five2 pair is fire.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Tally810

• Rep: -9
« Reply #999 on: November 30, 2018, 09:29:24 PM »
Couple of kicks from NB# arrived today.

8five2 pair is fire.
Nice gets.  My 8five2 be here tomorrow and I didn't realize it until looking at ur pair that the fnf 574 I got last month were the same shoe lol.
http://i.imgur.com/BpI2pXO.jpg
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 02:59:41 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #1000 on: December 01, 2018, 05:14:47 PM »
Never thought I'd consider getting a Foy shoe but that looks nice

Tally810

« Reply #1001 on: December 01, 2018, 07:00:41 PM »
Jamie Foy shoe coming soon my guys....
What else u got in that bag

Carter

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1002 on: December 01, 2018, 07:35:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What else u got in that bag
tis all for now but glad to share

Nate.Dog

« Reply #1003 on: December 02, 2018, 09:18:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Eyyy, I weartested that shoe a while back before it had the "jamie foy" on the tongue, skated super good but had some durability issues in the ollie area, and it looks like they changed everything I had complaints with. So stoked for this to drop.

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1004 on: December 02, 2018, 11:19:51 AM »
Almost looks like an early sample. I feel like they still have some slight changes to make before actually dropping this. Anyone else agree?

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #1005 on: December 02, 2018, 04:49:56 PM »
Almost looks like an early sample. I feel like they still have some slight changes to make before actually dropping this. Anyone else agree?

I have the forest green sample currently (as well as the OP).

I'm under the impression that this is the production run.

IMO the padding is a bit sparse, but other than that... feels awesome.

jimerone

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1006 on: December 07, 2018, 02:20:47 PM »
I have a pair of the nb numeric 574 code breaker 8five2 for sale in the classified forum. Mens 9. Brand new
If anyone is interested.

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #1007 on: December 15, 2018, 09:55:10 AM »
I’ve essentially stopped wearing skate shoes every day, instead wearing running shoes. Got these Brooks Ghost 11s, I love them. The problem is when I skate, I have to wear these flat, nonsupportive things that murder my knees. Are those expensive 868s pretty good as far as cushion and support goes? They look ill, I just don’t want to drop that much on some skate shoes that aren’t going to do what I need. I don’t understand why we skate in such minimal shoes anymore.

RossDailey

« Reply #1008 on: December 15, 2018, 12:09:36 PM »
I’ve essentially stopped wearing skate shoes every day, instead wearing running shoes. Got these Brooks Ghost 11s, I love them. The problem is when I skate, I have to wear these flat, nonsupportive things that murder my knees. Are those expensive 868s pretty good as far as cushion and support goes? They look ill, I just don’t want to drop that much on some skate shoes that aren’t going to do what I need. I don’t understand why we skate in such minimal shoes anymore.

I started wearing runners/walking shoes years ago to save my knees & not unnecessarily walk around in my skate shoes.

Helps the knees tremendously. NB 574's (the walking shoe), for walking

"Minimal" skate shoes for skating... cause that's what they are meant to do.

Tally810

« Reply #1009 on: December 15, 2018, 12:17:48 PM »
Recently started skating new balances and I'm on my 4th pair.  All different models and I have yet to not like a pair.  New balance has really been on point lately.

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #1010 on: December 15, 2018, 02:47:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I started wearing runners/walking shoes years ago to save my knees & not unnecessarily walk around in my skate shoes.

So you save your knees by walking around in supportive shoes, but skate and jump around in shitty shoes... MAKES SENSE TO ME.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1011 on: December 15, 2018, 03:01:51 PM »

i got some 868s a couple months ago cause the sale was too good to pass: $35 plus shipping. theyre really comfy to walk in (and nice look at), with decent arch support and substantial heel cushioning. however, they have zero boardfeel and the sole is not very flexible, so other than cruising i dont use them to skate.

this is where i got em. they're still at a great price for (imo) the best current colorway: https://www.mltd.com/product/new-balance-numeric-nm868cwb-numeric-868-shoe-redblack-111067

edit: only one left of 8 and 9.5!!!
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

RossDailey

« Reply #1012 on: December 15, 2018, 10:05:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
So you save your knees by walking around in supportive shoes, but skate and jump around in shitty shoes... MAKES SENSE TO ME.

One tends to skate better if they can feel their board, which allows for less jarring bails / fuck ups.

So while it might be counter intuitive at first... actually makes alot more sense once you get into it.

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #1013 on: December 21, 2018, 11:33:46 PM »
So the 913 is apparently coming out in a couple of weeks- has anyone seen other pictures or worn them? How is the sizing and what other models do they feel like?

868s we're the truth. If we ever got them again in the UK, I'd grab them. Supportive, durable and look great.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1014 on: December 22, 2018, 12:05:21 AM »
Can’t really see them since the colorway is 95% black but here’s the Westgates.

http://youtu.be/URZlrm4omr4

Tally810

« Reply #1015 on: December 22, 2018, 12:06:33 AM »
So the 913 is apparently coming out in a couple of weeks- has anyone seen other pictures or worn them? How is the sizing and what other models do they feel like?

868s we're the truth. If we ever got them again in the UK, I'd grab them. Supportive, durable and look great.
https://www.ambushboardco.com/new-balance-numeric-913-sea-salt-dark-sea-men-s-skate-shoes

The 913s look dope

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #1016 on: December 22, 2018, 12:55:24 AM »
Can’t really see them since the colorway is 95% black but here’s the Westgates.

http://youtu.be/URZlrm4omr4

There’s a clear photo on NBs insta story and news that he’ll have a shoe part 1/1

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1017 on: December 22, 2018, 01:54:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
https://www.ambushboardco.com/new-balance-numeric-913-sea-salt-dark-sea-men-s-skate-shoes

The 913s look dope

These are one of the best looking models in a while but I’m not sure if they’re $100 dope lol.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1018 on: December 22, 2018, 05:14:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

The 913s look dope
[close]

These are one of the best looking models in a while but I’m not sure if they’re $100 dope lol.

Other pic:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnR4qAnH4rO/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=18qyyhufj5psg

I like the techy look, but the lines of the tpu cage are triggering my ocd ahah
They look really stable tho, I really like how the tpu cage goes all the way down to the medial side, lockdown is probably really good.
I still like the look of the 868 better.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #1019 on: December 22, 2018, 06:48:12 AM »
What happened to the pic of the Foy sample?