Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 776651 times)

marcusbutler and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Crap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 77
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #2070 on: July 14, 2020, 12:15:26 PM »
I had 913's, and found them true to size. A little bit snug/narrow in the heel and mid-foot, but they stretched a bit, and would have been too long in the toebox if I sized up. For reference, I also wear an 11 in most brands, wear cupsoles exclusively, and found NB# 440's and 420's to fit a half size too big.

Garbagewagon

« Reply #2071 on: July 14, 2020, 02:24:17 PM »
I had 913's, and found them true to size. A little bit snug/narrow in the heel and mid-foot, but they stretched a bit, and would have been too long in the toebox if I sized up. For reference, I also wear an 11 in most brands, wear cupsoles exclusively, and found NB# 440's and 420's to fit a half size too big.

Thank you. I want to try something different and my local spot is thin on inventory to try on.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2072 on: July 14, 2020, 06:05:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thank you. I want to try something different and my local spot is thin on inventory to try on.
search this thread, gave a lot of comments on them. They’re pretty much tanks to me to wear daily and skate when I can

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #2073 on: July 15, 2020, 01:50:45 PM »
Does anyone have firsthand experience with the 913? I want to try a cupsole and it’s the 913 or the AVE pro. My local shop has no NB inventory in my size. I normally wear an 11 in Vans, do I need to size up the 913? Thanks
Both are TTS and both were a tiny bit snug before stretching a little. I didn’t like the 913 at first but now I wear it to work everyday because they are so comfortable.

Garbagewagon

« Reply #2074 on: July 15, 2020, 02:22:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Does anyone have firsthand experience with the 913? I want to try a cupsole and it’s the 913 or the AVE pro. My local shop has no NB inventory in my size. I normally wear an 11 in Vans, do I need to size up the 913? Thanks
[close]
Both are TTS and both were a tiny bit snug before stretching a little. I didn’t like the 913 at first but now I wear it to work everyday because they are so comfortable.

Thanks!

rothdigga

• Rep: 570
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2075 on: July 16, 2020, 10:06:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Roth, what's the word on sizing on the 1010?
[close]

Bump.

Should be similar to everything else we have which is TTS from here on out with new models.  Only the NM212/NM213 are the ones you need to get 1/2 size SMALLER on.  Those are on old lasts from the 1970's court shoes they're patterned after, other than that, it's just a matter of finding what shoe works best for your foot shape.  I'm stuck on the 440's and 288s right now personally.  But there's a hi-top coming in Nov that is calling my name....shhhhhh. 

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #2076 on: July 16, 2020, 07:25:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Bump.
[close]

Should be similar to everything else we have which is TTS from here on out with new models.  Only the NM212/NM213 are the ones you need to get 1/2 size SMALLER on.  Those are on old lasts from the 1970's court shoes they're patterned after, other than that, it's just a matter of finding what shoe works best for your foot shape.  I'm stuck on the 440's and 288s right now personally.  But there's a hi-top coming in Nov that is calling my name....shhhhhh.
  November u say..
 I bet you I will be a half size in these just like the pj's  :( . Half sizes don't live down under for most brands nb included

If you guys do more colorways of the 213's I will be purchasing they fit and skate very nice

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #2077 on: July 17, 2020, 11:45:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Bump.
[close]

Are the ankles on the 213's padded?

Some IG visuals say yes, others make me question it.

Also, stoked on that upcoming mid-top.

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #2078 on: July 20, 2020, 03:47:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Bump.
[close]

[close]

Are the ankles on the 213's padded?

Some IG visuals say yes, others make me question it.

Also, stoked on that upcoming mid-top.

Most of the ones we do have foam in the collar. Occasionally we'll do a deconstructed version, like on the Chad TimTim color way from last year or the upcoming Franky Villani c/w coming up this Halloween.
Get litty.....

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #2080 on: July 24, 2020, 03:59:13 PM »
Does any one know if New Balance is wrapped up in this story about Chinese slave labor? I'm really looking to buy from a skate shoe brand that isn't involved in that. Can anyone confirm these aren't made in China?

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 574
« Reply #2081 on: July 24, 2020, 04:04:36 PM »
Does any one know if New Balance is wrapped up in this story about Chinese slave labor? I'm really looking to buy from a skate shoe brand that isn't involved in that. Can anyone confirm these aren't made in China?

All the NBs I skated said they were made in Indonesia.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

devourthehours

« Reply #2082 on: July 24, 2020, 08:59:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks man. Looks like I'm switching to NB. Any advice on models? I'm skating the Tyshawn Adidas right now.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2083 on: July 24, 2020, 08:59:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same. But I’ve gotten a couple samples from Vietnam.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

CountryCoral

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2084 on: July 24, 2020, 09:16:37 PM »
Roth - is there a future where the 288s gets an outsole upgrade? I haven't ever worn through one, but they definitely start to feel thin in the ball of my foot and toes pretty quickly.

Other than that, I have literally zero other complaints!

devourthehours

« Reply #2085 on: July 25, 2020, 08:39:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Same. But I’ve gotten a couple samples from Vietnam.

Sick. I'm not sure what labor is like in Indonesia or Vietnam but it has to be better than literal slaves. I'm switching boys.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #2087 on: July 28, 2020, 06:40:26 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDKksHHgVFH/?igshid=r1w926h9x74m
Just ordered another pair of the 306. Big fan and if it’s good enough for Kareem it’s good enough for me

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2088 on: July 28, 2020, 06:13:56 PM »

Take this with a grain of salt but NB seem to be one of more ethical big shoe companies according to this study. Cons/ Nike are pretty low down.

https://thegoodshoppingguide.com/ethical-shoes-and-trainers

Click on the pink button for details and then the Shoe Company for a break down. They get good ratings in the 'people' section. Doesn't explicitly talk about labor conditions but I think that's implied.

devourthehours

« Reply #2089 on: July 28, 2020, 08:08:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Take this with a grain of salt but NB seem to be one of more ethical big shoe companies according to this study. Cons/ Nike are pretty low down.

https://thegoodshoppingguide.com/ethical-shoes-and-trainers

Click on the pink button for details and then the Shoe Company for a break down. They get good ratings in the 'people' section. Doesn't explicitly talk about labor conditions but I think that's implied.

Thank you. This is super helpful. Yeah, NB is definitely up there. I'm not sure which pair to get but the Tiagos looks awesome. That might be my next shoe.

devourthehours

« Reply #2090 on: July 28, 2020, 08:34:01 PM »
Also, if anyone is looking for a deal, Numeric 440s here for $22.50:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324121946503

Tweekyn

• Rep: 9
« Reply #2091 on: July 28, 2020, 09:33:36 PM »

wait what?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2093 on: July 29, 2020, 04:30:39 AM »
Triple black 440 and maroon 288s on new balance.com too. Both super clean.

damn the edit feature isn't working now either, only the Modify

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 09:33:33 AM by jay_nev »

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2094 on: July 29, 2020, 07:59:15 AM »

Thanks for posting this, recently committed to skating cupsoles and have been wanting to try some Numerics. I've been neglecting looking in this thread but I am a big fan of how a lot of these shoes look.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2096 on: July 29, 2020, 09:43:35 AM »
Wtf! Wow what is that. That heel Photo

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #2097 on: July 29, 2020, 12:09:12 PM »
I thought that was some shitty design at first but it looks like Atlas took them down. Might really be mold

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #2098 on: July 29, 2020, 02:15:19 PM »
Really weird how they just went with it.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2099 on: July 30, 2020, 12:10:35 PM »
Stocked that I was finally able to find some NB# on my fav color scheme but little bummed that the shoes have some kind of super glue on them  :'(
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.