Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 766270 times)

uesty and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Digital Rasta

Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #2400 on: September 28, 2020, 02:29:01 PM »
Damn I'm a 10.5 but good looks on the link brah that's my brother's shoe size

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2401 on: September 29, 2020, 09:33:15 AM »

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #2402 on: September 29, 2020, 10:49:53 AM »
agree 100%. 913s look super dope.

the black tiagos would be sicker if they weren't smooth leather imo. probably waiting for wheat ones with black sole before i get another pair.

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2403 on: September 29, 2020, 06:07:29 PM »
Anyone skating the 1010s got any comments on how they compare to the 868s?  Mostly wondering if they are as stable, if the flick is as good, if they are more flexible and if the toe box is as wide.  Thanks

sbmfj

• Rep: 56
« Reply #2404 on: October 02, 2020, 06:18:35 AM »
Hey @ Rothdigga

Question for you on the 288's and sales in Canada. Cant seem to find 288's in size 13 (for my huge mutant feet) yet tons on the US site. Any reason? Do you know if the 288's in size 13 will be available on the Canadian site come the next seasons drop?

Bought a pair of 288's and they were fantastic, loved them. But cant find another. Ive hit up shops and whatnot, no one has em.

Id appreciate any info, but I know that Canadian sales are probably much different than the US, we always tend to get screwed...lol.

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
« Reply #2405 on: October 02, 2020, 09:38:04 AM »
Hey @ Rothdigga

Question for you on the 288's and sales in Canada. Cant seem to find 288's in size 13 (for my huge mutant feet) yet tons on the US site. Any reason? Do you know if the 288's in size 13 will be available on the Canadian site come the next seasons drop?

Bought a pair of 288's and they were fantastic, loved them. But cant find another. Ive hit up shops and whatnot, no one has em.

Id appreciate any info, but I know that Canadian sales are probably much different than the US, we always tend to get screwed...lol.

Wish I had more info.  The Canadian NB.com only books a small amount of product compared to what we stock down here in the US and they don't get to replenish from our actual warehouse like we do.  For shops, they're prebooking those shoes so for some reason maybe they're not booking size 13's up there.  I have started even stocking 14's now as we are getting demand for those as well now but I do notice that I don't get a lot of Centre prebooks for 13's right now. 
I realize none of that helps you, just trying to fill you in on the process.  We need to help the mutants! 

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2406 on: October 02, 2020, 09:58:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I remember skating in a 533 wheat with a black sole but I think they were samples only. The released version had a gum sole.

Can’t go wrong with a wheat/black colorway.
[close]
Jack Curtin wore the wheat/black 533s in the rough cut of his Aunt Tammy part. Sick ass outfit, black hat, black Thrasher x The Mountain 13 Wolves hoodie, black camo LRG pants and those shoes. He was trying a switch kf bs wallride but actually pulled it in a different fit
[close]

They were cinnamon suede with black sole. I still have 2 pairs.

These are them  :o
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

sbmfj

« Reply #2407 on: October 02, 2020, 10:03:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Hey @ Rothdigga

[close]

Wish I had more info.  The Canadian NB.com only books a small amount of product compared to what we stock down here in the US and they don't get to replenish from our actual warehouse like we do.  For shops, they're prebooking those shoes so for some reason maybe they're not booking size 13's up there.  I have started even stocking 14's now as we are getting demand for those as well now but I do notice that I don't get a lot of Centre prebooks for 13's right now. 
I realize none of that helps you, just trying to fill you in on the process.  We need to help the mutants!

Thanks for the update @Rothdigga . Ill hit up Centre on Insta and see if they have in the warehouse. Maybe once the border opens up, I can make my way down south for a few pairs. Theres always ebay too...lol

On a side note, I had the 288, and the 288s seem to be more readily available. Do they fit the same?

rothdigga

« Reply #2408 on: October 02, 2020, 10:12:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hey @ Rothdigga

[close]

[close]

Thanks for the update @Rothdigga . Ill hit up Centre on Insta and see if they have in the warehouse. Maybe once the border opens up, I can make my way down south for a few pairs. Theres always ebay too...lol

On a side note, I had the 288, and the 288s seem to be more readily available. Do they fit the same?
We introduced the 288s back in Holiday 2019 so that's the one that is moving forward. I used to skate the older 288 and loved it, but I like the 288s even better.  It's got a more snug feel to me. 
But...if you're stuck with loving the older 288, we have a Spring shoe coming up that is on that same sole unit. 

sbmfj

« Reply #2409 on: October 02, 2020, 11:21:12 AM »
@rothdigga Thanks for the update. The 288s look great, cant wait to try them. If they fit like the older 288  Im good then.
Reason for asking is I'll most probably mail order, and wont be able to try on first...

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #2410 on: October 02, 2020, 12:09:32 PM »
Anyone skating the 1010s got any comments on how they compare to the 868s?  Mostly wondering if they are as stable, if the flick is as good, if they are more flexible and if the toe box is as wide.  Thanks

I prefer the 868s and would buy another pair whereas I won't buy another pair of 1010s. Stable, sure. Flexible- more so than the 913. But they're flakey moon boots.

They look dope and were great for my fucked up heel. They've got me angled more onto my toes and that might contribute towards pop. What's more, they are looking shittier (faster and all over) than any shoes I've had before though I hold my hands up and admit I got the white ones. Finally, that endurance sole stuff is shitty and chipping rather than wearing down gradually.

Treat yourself if you've got the cash, or wait for the hype to die down and grab some in the new year sales.

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #2411 on: October 02, 2020, 12:11:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I prefer the 868s and would buy another pair whereas I won't buy another pair of 1010s. Stable, sure. Flexible- more so than the 913. But they're flakey moon boots.

They look dope and were great for my fucked up heel. They've got me angled more onto my toes and that might contribute towards pop. What's more, they are looking shittier (faster and all over) than any shoes I've had before though I hold my hands up and admit I got the white ones.

Treat yourself if you've got the cash, or wait for the hype to die down and grab some in the new year sales.

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #2412 on: October 02, 2020, 01:47:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They look dope and were great for my fucked up heel. They've got me angled more onto my toes and that might contribute towards pop. What's more, they are looking shittier (faster and all over) than any shoes I've had before though I hold my hands up and admit I got the white ones. Finally, that endurance sole stuff is shitty and chipping rather than wearing down gradually.

Cool thanks!  I ended up trying some on and thought they were way too thick for my style anyway.  They were really comfy, but I went with some 288S instead. 

rothdigga

« Reply #2413 on: October 02, 2020, 01:59:41 PM »
@rothdigga Thanks for the update. The 288s look great, cant wait to try them. If they fit like the older 288  Im good then.
Reason for asking is I'll most probably mail order, and wont be able to try on first...

They should be almost identical (they were for me) as far as fit or sizing goes. 

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #2414 on: October 02, 2020, 02:18:20 PM »
Speaking of TTS..are the Foy's? Much appreciation for any feedback

sbmfj

« Reply #2415 on: October 05, 2020, 06:02:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They should be almost identical (they were for me) as far as fit or sizing goes.

Thank you!! Exactly what I wanted to hear :)

CountryCoral

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2416 on: October 05, 2020, 04:23:11 PM »
I feel like I am going crazy - did something change with sizing over the past couple months? In the winter/spring I skated some 440 and 288S, both in size 9. The 288S fit particularly well.

But I've had to send my most recent 440s back for feeling too long. Now I am having the same experience with the 288S soccer stiching pair that just came in the mail!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #2417 on: October 05, 2020, 04:34:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Cool thanks!  I ended up trying some on and thought they were way too thick for my style anyway.  They were really comfy, but I went with some 288S instead.

I couldn’t bring myself to pull the trigger on them because my biggest complaint about the the 913 was that that shallow tread wore out super quick and the 1010 was starting off with an incredibly mild tread. Unless it’s some super compound that works bald I’m not dropping $100.

rothdigga

« Reply #2418 on: October 05, 2020, 04:35:57 PM »
I feel like I am going crazy - did something change with sizing over the past couple months? In the winter/spring I skated some 440 and 288S, both in size 9. The 288S fit particularly well.

But I've had to send my most recent 440s back for feeling too long. Now I am having the same experience with the 288S soccer stiching pair that just came in the mail!

That is an odd one and being that I only skate both the 440 and 288s pretty much exclusively, I haven't found that to be the case on my end.  We definitely did NOT change the sizing on those and the 288S is a relatively new shoe, so pretty much nothing has changed on that at all.  Curious if anyone else has had the issue. 

CountryCoral

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2419 on: October 05, 2020, 04:44:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
That is an odd one and being that I only skate both the 440 and 288s pretty much exclusively, I haven't found that to be the case on my end.  We definitely did NOT change the sizing on those and the 288S is a relatively new shoe, so pretty much nothing has changed on that at all.  Curious if anyone else has had the issue.
Don't rule out me slowly going insane lol

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #2420 on: October 06, 2020, 08:05:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Hey @ Rothdigga

[close]

Oh wow! I'm size 14 and didn't know about this. NB# has some of the best looking shoes out right now and I've always loved their runners. I'll have to try some out whenever there's a sale. The current 25% off doesn't work for anything in size 14.

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #2421 on: October 06, 2020, 08:12:39 AM »
@rothdigga who comes up with the numbers? I love the 288, but PC 288 is the code for child molestation in California and I can’t wear that in public.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #2422 on: October 06, 2020, 08:20:16 AM »
Bibby Puleo is head of the numerology department I’m pretty sure.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

rothdigga

« Reply #2423 on: October 06, 2020, 09:16:20 AM »
Bibby Puleo is head of the numerology department I’m pretty sure.

If Bob was in charge then we wouldn't be able to come up with any numbers because they all would have some underlying meaning. 

rothdigga

« Reply #2424 on: October 06, 2020, 09:18:47 AM »
@rothdigga who comes up with the numbers? I love the 288, but PC 288 is the code for child molestation in California and I can’t wear that in public.

Some of them have specific ties to the rider.  The Arto 358 was country code for Finland, the 306 Foy is Jamie's old address in FL where he grew up.  The 288 was an OG New Balance shoe that was in the indoor soccer line from the 70's I believe so we just borrowed it from the OG one similar to the NM420 shoe that we do.  NB had a 420 prior to "420" being a thing. 

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2425 on: October 06, 2020, 10:01:10 AM »
Not a NB#, but could be good to skate in. New indoor soccer shoe, kinda reminds me of that new Adidas Mike Arnold shoe.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CF8_VK5hmif/

truthislie

• Rep: 54
« Reply #2426 on: October 06, 2020, 12:22:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yes, I had the same problem with the 440. Didn´t have the 440 before but other numerics and they were all the same sizes. The 440 was too long, sent them back and got a pair half a size smaller.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #2428 on: October 06, 2020, 01:00:30 PM »
Not a NB#, but could be good to skate in. New indoor soccer shoe, kinda reminds me of that new Adidas Mike Arnold shoe.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CF8_VK5hmif/
I dunno about that. I had a session the other day in something pretty comparable and the whole side is blown out. I thought it'd help my back to skate in something with a ton of cushion, but that type material doesn't hold up to Mob at all.

That new drop is straight fire. I haven't skated vulc since the original Busenitz vulcs, but I'm really tempted to go in here.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342