Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765644 times)

RossDailey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -54
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #2670 on: December 27, 2020, 05:07:14 PM »
I'm just over here waiting for more Black Suede w/ White sole Foy 306's to drop.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2671 on: December 28, 2020, 09:55:58 AM »
Expand Quote
There's a separate topic about insoles, but if you have a medium arch, you should have a flat insole. Your arch doesn't fall due to lack of support. IF you have arches, the arch is the spring that absorbs the impact, IF you have flat feet, then get gamechangers to absorb that impact that isn't absorbed in the foot.

It is a common misconception that we should match the insoles to the shape of a high arch, because you will roll your ankle instead of absorb the impact throughout the foot.
[close]

it appears i've learned this the hard way. sorry for messing with this thread, do you have any sources for this info where i can read more about it? i didn't know any of this because everything seems to say if i have a medium arch get medium arched insoles.

https://footprintinsoletechnology.com/buying-guide/#guide

s0lkatt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2672 on: January 06, 2021, 12:20:25 AM »
Can anyone recommend a pair of NB with a similar toebox to the 1010's? Absolutely love these shoes, and the shape of the toebox is exactly what I need. Roomy and absolutely perfect flick even worn down to nothing. Just a tad expensive to keep buying 1010s and Id like to try another pair if there is something similar around.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2673 on: January 06, 2021, 02:42:42 AM »
↑ 420s? I love the toe box on them!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

s0lkatt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2674 on: January 06, 2021, 08:57:16 AM »
↑ 420s? I love the toe box on them!

Yeah I was hyped on them after watching Ben's review but they are HARD to come by in Europe

Gnarles Mingus

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2675 on: January 07, 2021, 07:38:08 AM »
Any word on when the tan/black 1010s come out?

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #2676 on: January 07, 2021, 10:31:39 AM »
@rothdigga when are those 3 previously mentioned upcoming vegan models gonna be announced?

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
« Reply #2677 on: January 07, 2021, 01:21:10 PM »
Any word on when the tan/black 1010s come out?

Should be in shops later this month or very early Feb at the latest.  Our Spring 2021 stuff is a little delayed but that one is coming later in Jan. 

rothdigga

« Reply #2678 on: January 07, 2021, 01:22:19 PM »
@rothdigga when are those 3 previously mentioned upcoming vegan models gonna be announced?

One is hitting in March and we should have a new 420 coming soon as well but the March one is the soonest vegan one for us. 

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2679 on: January 07, 2021, 01:32:40 PM »
I lost hope regarding having again NB# in Chile </3
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #2680 on: January 07, 2021, 02:32:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

One is hitting in March and we should have a new 420 coming soon as well but the March one is the soonest vegan one for us.
Odds on the March model being a canvas slip-on or lifestyle/chiller?  I'll say 5:1

rothdigga

« Reply #2681 on: January 07, 2021, 03:51:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Odds on the March model being a canvas slip-on or lifestyle/chiller?  I'll say 5:1

I'll take that bet from you and bet otherwise.  Not a slip on...not a chiller...

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #2682 on: January 07, 2021, 04:46:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

thanks king

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2683 on: January 07, 2021, 05:33:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I'll take that bet from you and bet otherwise.  Not a slip on...not a chiller...

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #2684 on: January 07, 2021, 07:50:13 PM »
Flo Mirtain has an ad in the new Thrasher for a New Balance shoe called the 22. Its a pretty simple vulc, like a 255 meets a gazelle. Black on black with a white N

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2685 on: January 08, 2021, 06:01:25 AM »
Flo Mirtain has an ad in the new Thrasher for a New Balance shoe called the 22. Its a pretty simple vulc, like a 255 meets a gazelle. Black on black with a white N
here's a non-numeric version

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2686 on: January 08, 2021, 07:06:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2687 on: January 08, 2021, 08:54:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah it looks very similar to this, but has an extra vulc strip on the toe for wear and tear. It may also be made of a synthetic material, but I couldnt really tell in the print ad if it was synthetic or suede

If lower number = more simple shoe, this will be NB# most simple vulc shoe yet
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 09:16:56 AM by Mantracker »

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2688 on: January 08, 2021, 09:20:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah it looks very similar to this, but has an extra vulc strip on the toe for wear and tear. It may also be made of a synthetic material, but I couldnt really tell in the print ad if it was synthetic or suede

If this is the vegan option that rothdigga is noting upthread, then

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2689 on: January 08, 2021, 02:24:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
If this is the vegan option that rothdigga is noting upthread, then

Agreed, i think there's a strong possibility it's the vegan model. Synthetic material can be a lot pricier so makes sense they would use it on a simple shoe to keep pricing consistent than going straight for the 1010 and making the shoe $200

Hopefully they come out with the white 440 highs

Acky Jacky

« Reply #2690 on: January 13, 2021, 09:51:44 AM »

These are going strong after about 2 months. I might have to put some stronger insoles in them because they’re starting to feel a little packed out.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2691 on: January 13, 2021, 10:08:35 AM »

These are going strong after about 2 months. I might have to put some stronger insoles in them because they’re starting to feel a little packed out.
you do many heelflips? I started doing them way more this year and had to switch from the normal 440s because the middle/back mesh would just tear up right away. Not sure if that materials different on the hi top
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #2692 on: January 13, 2021, 11:01:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
you do many heelflips? I started doing them way more this year and had to switch from the normal 440s because the middle/back mesh would just tear up right away. Not sure if that materials different on the hi top
I do a fair amount but definitely way more kickflips. I might have a bit of an unusual heel flip too. I think where the N was took a lot of the brunt. I can’t imagine this is any more durable than a low top 440 though, you might have a gnarly heel flip.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #2693 on: January 13, 2021, 11:18:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

highly recommend supergluing the stitching in high wear areas before you skate them. makes them last forever.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #2694 on: January 13, 2021, 11:48:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

highly recommend supergluing the stitching in high wear areas before you skate them. makes them last forever.

I know I kinda blew it. I shoe goo’d them after a few skates but the shoe goo I have has became too thick and doesn’t dry as hard anymore...hard to explain but it sucks. Then I was too lazy to get more glue. I like turtles.

rothdigga

« Reply #2695 on: January 13, 2021, 11:58:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

I know I kinda blew it. I shoe goo’d them after a few skates but the shoe goo I have has became too thick and doesn’t dry as hard anymore...hard to explain but it sucks. Then I was too lazy to get more glue. I like turtles.

I recommend using whatever is in that Crunch Vlasic Pickle Jar there on them.  I bet that will give them another month at minimum!

Acky Jacky

« Reply #2696 on: January 13, 2021, 12:01:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I recommend using whatever is in that Crunch Vlasic Pickle Jar there on them.  I bet that will give them another month at minimum!

Thai jasmine rice, it will provide slow digesting carbs to keep me going.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #2697 on: January 13, 2021, 12:23:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Gorilla glue makes a bottle with a lil brush that's perfect for this ;) These things passed the durability test imo of that is 2 months in. I'm hoping to put a hole in the sole before the leather!
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Acky Jacky

« Reply #2698 on: January 13, 2021, 12:45:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Gorilla glue makes a bottle with a lil brush that's perfect for this ;) These things passed the durability test imo of that is 2 months in. I'm hoping to put a hole in the sole before the leather!

Man we will see the sole is holding up pretty well the tread is just barely wearing out by the ball of my foot. Also took a page out of your book and stuck some insoles in from my Fastbreaks (Converse), so far, increased comfort.

Bob Loblaw

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2699 on: January 14, 2021, 01:13:51 PM »
How's the width with the 379's? I have a wide foot