Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765789 times)

Frank and Fred

Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #3000 on: March 07, 2021, 10:00:00 AM »
I find the 212s and 213s to fit TTS. I have wide 11.5 feet and have to go up to 12s on most shoes (All Vans Pros) but the 212/213s Size 11.5 fits me great.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3001 on: March 07, 2021, 10:09:03 AM »
I find the 212s and 213s to fit TTS. I have wide 11.5 feet and have to go up to 12s on most shoes (All Vans Pros) but the 212/213s Size 11.5 fits me great.
I ordered a pair of 210 mids a couple months ago and went half size down based on the posts in this thread, but they were def too small.  I'd say go TTS.  I think maybe they're ever-so-slightly long, but not enough to adjust sizes.

ballintoohard

« Reply #3002 on: March 07, 2021, 01:07:58 PM »
anyone have experience skating both the 440HI and Blazer Mids? How would they compare?

Why yes, yes I do. Was a Blazer/Bruin dude until recently (mostly the leather ones) when I got the 440 low's and picked up the Tom Knox Hi on sale at everyone's favorite mall shop.

They're pretty damn close in terms of sole feel. The upper on the 440 flex a bit more since they're mesh. The outer part of sole on the Blazers flexes more my foot rolls more. This makes the shoe feel less stable. Both have a super thin insole. I'd say right now I prefer the 440. My feet don't hurt after sessions anymore.

Eric Dolphy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #3003 on: March 07, 2021, 05:16:31 PM »
 @rothdigga you are an absolute fucking gee.

picpost

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
« Reply #3004 on: March 08, 2021, 09:32:06 AM »
@rothdigga you are an absolute fucking gee.

picpost

Hard ass kit...with the green camo.  Glad those made it thru customs for you with no issues!  Enjoy.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3005 on: March 10, 2021, 12:59:49 AM »
Don't remember this colourway being posted but they're supposed to be dropping April/May

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #3006 on: March 10, 2021, 04:57:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Rad.

When do the Samarria Brevard 213s hit the shelves? (sorry if this was already stated)
[close]

Should be by the end of March barring any port delays.  I know there's still a backlog of ships sitting out there but it's not as bad as it was a month ago.  It was taking 3+ weeks for them to offload a ship in January.
[close]
these 213s will be a full size run, yeah?  I'm just worried that since these are a female signature colorway you're gonna cut the sizing at mens 10 or some shit...
[close]
No way.  Full size run from 4-14.  A lot of shops jumped on them so hopefully your local will have some coming in.  I know the reps told me they sold a ton as soon as they put the word out.

I hope some of those 213's make it to Australia

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #3007 on: March 10, 2021, 08:31:46 AM »
Was looking at the team page since I heard PJ was gone, but was surprised to see Nisse and Cookie no longer there either (I'm probably missing some).  I'm kinda getting big corporate vibes I haven't felt with NB# before. 

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #3008 on: March 10, 2021, 09:37:45 AM »

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #3009 on: March 10, 2021, 11:28:54 AM »
Has anyone seen the brown Tiago's for sale in Canada, or have any idea if/when they're coming here? I got the black ones at launch and I was lukewarm on them at first, but they grew on me, and now I want more. Really have my eye on the brown ones, but I've checked a few shops and the Canadian NB site, and nobody seems to have them.

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #3010 on: March 10, 2021, 04:42:57 PM »
Picked up 508s after work and took em right to the park. So far so good! I’m a 10 and went a half size down at 9 1/2, with even a little wiggle room left. I definitely have a wider foot. These don’t make the “wide skate shoes” thread but they’re not the worst things I’ve crammed my flippers into.

Pretty skateable straightaway. Definitely less stiff than my Tyshawns out of the gate. Good boardfeel too. One gripe maybe is one when you look in the shoe you can see the sides of the insoles like they were an afterthought, such that my foot found the edge of the insole a few times which was annoying. Only threw a few heelflips but didn’t notice any collar fraying yet. Likewise none of my other tricks have found any exposed stitching which is a plus. They seem to vent as advertised too. I had a good sesh in some warm weather and my dogs stayed relatively cool

Definitely hoping to get a lot of longevity out of these, already looking forward to another pair in this tough cupsole market

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3011 on: March 10, 2021, 06:07:53 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMPvhlFnPgx/

My daughter is going to punk me for wearing white shoes but I'm getting those for sure.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #3012 on: March 10, 2021, 06:18:15 PM »
Don't remember this colourway being posted but they're supposed to be dropping April/May

These are looking gooooood
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #3013 on: March 10, 2021, 06:44:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think the N with the black outline looks too much to that classic dad new balance for me.   Make it solid black

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #3014 on: March 10, 2021, 08:38:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I think the N with the black outline looks too much to that classic dad new balance for me.   Make it solid black

I'm with you on this. With summer coming up, these would need to be a truly skate only shoe with the dadness of them and I don't know if the money would be worth it.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3015 on: March 10, 2021, 10:51:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm with you on this. With summer coming up, these would need to be a truly skate only shoe with the dadness of them and I don't know if the money would be worth it.

just sharpie them ns black

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3016 on: March 11, 2021, 12:01:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Was going to say this. Alternatively, they're held on by one row of stitching, just remove it with a razorblade

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #3017 on: March 11, 2021, 12:42:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Was going to say this. Alternatively, they're held on by one row of stitching, just remove it with a razorblade

Hah I appreciate the solutions, but I’m not going to get them regardless.   Just sharing thoughts on how I’d alter it theoretically

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3018 on: March 11, 2021, 12:43:38 AM »

These are the leather version with the gum. The white suede (white midsole) ones drop July/August.

Will get those instead.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #3019 on: March 11, 2021, 02:52:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Ooh now I can't unsee...
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3020 on: March 11, 2021, 04:03:18 AM »
I think y'all are tripping anyway, they look how they should. I fux with the dadness of them. A black N amongst an otherwise predominantly white shoe wouldn't look right to me. I'll probably skate these when they drop and then grab the white suede in six months, if they come to nz  ::)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3021 on: March 11, 2021, 04:45:36 AM »

My daughter is going to punk me for wearing white shoes but I'm getting those for sure.
will cop for sure!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3022 on: March 11, 2021, 04:50:51 AM »
White Tiagos have even heavier templeton vibes than the other colors, if you razored the N off you’re pretty damn close... personally I keep it on for the dad vibes but I’m old!

(If NB ever make a vegan version of this shoe, I’d be happy to give them buckets of my hard earned)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #3023 on: March 11, 2021, 05:02:34 AM »
Picked up 508s after work and took em right to the park. So far so good! I’m a 10 and went a half size down at 9 1/2, with even a little wiggle room left. I definitely have a wider foot. These don’t make the “wide skate shoes” thread but they’re not the worst things I’ve crammed my flippers into.

Pretty skateable straightaway. Definitely less stiff than my Tyshawns out of the gate. Good boardfeel too. One gripe maybe is one when you look in the shoe you can see the sides of the insoles like they were an afterthought, such that my foot found the edge of the insole a few times which was annoying. Only threw a few heelflips but didn’t notice any collar fraying yet. Likewise none of my other tricks have found any exposed stitching which is a plus. They seem to vent as advertised too. I had a good sesh in some warm weather and my dogs stayed relatively cool

Definitely hoping to get a lot of longevity out of these, already looking forward to another pair in this tough cupsole market

Damn. I was going to grab a 9.5 since I wear that in everything. Should I go down half a size ?

TomMyersComedian

• Rep: 2
« Reply #3024 on: March 11, 2021, 08:13:26 AM »
very into these

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #3025 on: March 11, 2021, 08:41:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn. I was going to grab a 9.5 since I wear that in everything. Should I go down half a size ?

I would say yes. I’m a 10 in DCs, Adidas, Nikes and eŚ. This was my first time trying on NB# but when I tried my regular size on it seemed noticeably larger and the half size down was perfect

rothdigga

« Reply #3026 on: March 11, 2021, 10:23:42 AM »
Has anyone seen the brown Tiago's for sale in Canada, or have any idea if/when they're coming here? I got the black ones at launch and I was lukewarm on them at first, but they grew on me, and now I want more. Really have my eye on the brown ones, but I've checked a few shops and the Canadian NB site, and nobody seems to have them.

Canada has them for sure.  Centre got their order pretty late so those are just now going out to shops I'm sure.  I would keep an eye on shops receiving them and I'm sure your local up there or whatever skate web store will have them in no time. 

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #3027 on: March 11, 2021, 10:50:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Canada has them for sure.  Centre got their order pretty late so those are just now going out to shops I'm sure.  I would keep an eye on shops receiving them and I'm sure your local up there or whatever skate web store will have them in no time.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I was getting close to paying the shipping, currency conversion, duties, etc. to get them shipped in from the US.

rothdigga

« Reply #3028 on: March 11, 2021, 11:39:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I was getting close to paying the shipping, currency conversion, duties, etc. to get them shipped in from the US.
I would hold out.  I swear shops should have them in the next day or so.  Centre just got theirs delivered on Monday of this week. 

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #3029 on: March 11, 2021, 01:37:45 PM »
Hey Mr. Roth will Canada get the white 440 highs the same release date as USA, or is there a bit of a delay for us up north?

Im holding out for them, it's one of the best looking shoes I've ever seen. I check daily if they're available