Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 783792 times)

burm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #5520 on: April 28, 2023, 11:14:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Just caught up on those Rone 1010...and they’re already sold out.
And Justin Henry seems a great pick up too, stylish guy, good fit for the team.
NB is kinda crushing it right now.
[close]
You still have a chance. Kinetic will have them on Monday and other shops will probably have them too.
[close]
They are like twice the price of regular 1010s (210€ here) and the material selection seems like they would be less comfortable and durable to skate. Idk smh etc…
[close]

Nah fam, Rone uses plush materials. The price point is justified. Prob also more durable cause well higher quality leather…I got a pair of the first release Aries joints and all these years later they smell like new leather car seats lol
Yeah I get it’s premium materials with a premium price, I’m just expecting the soft and supple leather to be less abrasion resistant. And they made a point of cutting back on all the tech and cushioning
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

thespacewolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 13
« Reply #5521 on: April 28, 2023, 11:18:47 AM »
another franky colorway + a wild justin henry  ;)

and some other new silhouettes
That franky colorway is great

Ed boy

• Rep: 80
« Reply #5522 on: April 28, 2023, 02:03:17 PM »

Looks good

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #5523 on: April 28, 2023, 02:12:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
You still have a chance. Kinetic will have them on Monday and other shops will probably have them too.
[close]
They are like twice the price of regular 1010s (210€ here) and the material selection seems like they would be less comfortable and durable to skate. Idk smh etc…
[close]

Nah fam, Rone uses plush materials. The price point is justified. Prob also more durable cause well higher quality leather…I got a pair of the first release Aries joints and all these years later they smell like new leather car seats lol
[close]
Yeah I get it’s premium materials with a premium price, I’m just expecting the soft and supple leather to be less abrasion resistant. And they made a point of cutting back on all the tech and cushioning

Rone’s whole deal is supposed to be skate shoes that you wear on the town.   Had a rad  Mike carrol Vans homage and I think they keep the Mariano Aries one still active

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5524 on: April 28, 2023, 03:40:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Can someone leak the vegan 440 pics please?
[close]

ask and you shall receive huh?
Oh my!!!!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

wax poetic

• Rep: 41
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #5525 on: April 28, 2023, 04:07:14 PM »
Expand Quote
@rothdigga any words on a Reynolds shoe with these other new ones coming out?
[close]

It's being worked on but in the very early stages but I can confirm with you guys that he's going to get a shoe.  Colorways until his actual pro shoe comes out but starting from absolute scratch takes a long time for a new model to do it right.  And for Andrew, we most definitely want to do it totally right!  For the Tiago-1010, we already had that shoe developed mostly with him in mind so when he came on board, only a few minor tweaks and it was good to go and we were able to launch within like 7 months or so of him being on the team.  This one will more than likely take a full 1.5 years to develop.

Fuck yes!  Thank you my man!  Just sold all of my Dunks and started replacing them with 808's.  That will be my shoe until the Reynolds drops.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #5526 on: April 28, 2023, 04:15:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
That franky colorway is great

took the shoe from "oh ok" to "oh nice"

hiljentaa

• Rep: 308
« Reply #5527 on: April 28, 2023, 07:01:18 PM »

These are coming home with me

😍 I need these in size 10 please.

rikki

• Rep: 284
« Reply #5528 on: April 28, 2023, 10:51:59 PM »
Those 508's look friggin' awesome.

DanRar009

• Rep: 50
« Reply #5529 on: April 29, 2023, 03:24:27 AM »
Expand Quote
@rothdigga any words on a Reynolds shoe with these other new ones coming out?
[close]

It's being worked on but in the very early stages but I can confirm with you guys that he's going to get a shoe.  Colorways until his actual pro shoe comes out but starting from absolute scratch takes a long time for a new model to do it right.  And for Andrew, we most definitely want to do it totally right!  For the Tiago-1010, we already had that shoe developed mostly with him in mind so when he came on board, only a few minor tweaks and it was good to go and we were able to launch within like 7 months or so of him being on the team.  This one will more than likely take a full 1.5 years to develop.

Great news! Curious to know what shoe Reynolds will get a colorway of. Assuming it’ll be like the janoski Shane colorway situation and Reynolds will have a 1010 or 808 colorway. Would be a great opportunity to bring back the 868 though with the Andrew touch.

burner

• Rep: 91
« Reply #5530 on: April 29, 2023, 03:30:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That’s great, yeah I’ve been hearing they’ll drop on the NB site and in shops, so that’s promising.
I actually think the price (180usd) isn’t so crazy for a premium shoe and paring down the padding and tech sounds great, and they look amazing - I’m a 12 so puffy/big shoes just get too huge for me, so these look ideal.
I’m down under so shipping would be kinda crazy, I wonder if they’ll make it out here?

hayduke lives

• Rep: 40
« Reply #5531 on: April 29, 2023, 07:57:23 AM »
images of the vegan 440 are not displaying for me. any chance someone could repost or describe? also wondering if it has been disclosed which vulcanized model is getting a vegan colorway?

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #5532 on: April 29, 2023, 08:07:01 AM »
images of the vegan 440 are not displaying for me. any chance someone could repost or describe? also wondering if it has been disclosed which vulcanized model is getting a vegan colorway?
hope this works for you

hayduke lives

« Reply #5533 on: April 29, 2023, 08:11:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
hope this works for you

yes, i see it now.  thank you!

Pasta Monster

« Reply #5534 on: April 29, 2023, 08:22:47 AM »
272 is the vulc that gets a vegan colorway in July/August. There should be a 420 model around that time frame too.

hayduke lives

« Reply #5535 on: April 29, 2023, 08:26:37 AM »
thanks! looking forward to having new options

LebowskisRug

« Reply #5536 on: April 29, 2023, 09:09:54 PM »
Shop put out new shoes early I think- there's a black 440 High with a white N and a white one with a light grey toe bumper.

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -104
« Reply #5537 on: April 30, 2023, 03:10:13 PM »
Someone post the Tom knox pro model!

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #5538 on: April 30, 2023, 03:27:50 PM »
Anyone know when the numeric 480 is dropping?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 07:03:56 AM by arrbee »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

DERBY

• Rep: 254
« Reply #5539 on: April 30, 2023, 07:12:50 PM »

idk why but patrick’s face screams

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #5540 on: April 30, 2023, 08:02:54 PM »
As I’ve been obsessing over the new frankys. I think they’d look real good as a low top also.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #5541 on: May 01, 2023, 01:28:23 PM »
Expand Quote

Green's for those who haven't seen.
Edit: some shops have both colors for sale. Any idea on the sizing? Assuming TTS like all NB's except the 213?
[close]

getting this for sure!!! Great job guys!!
Was looking for a reason to switch off 306 and now this is finally it!!
Got another pair of 306 on my feet rn and then a pair of half cabs to get me by until these are available in canada :)

Wow - sad but only NB get my hyped about new models in this times - lovely shoe and insta buy as soon I can grab!

DanRar009

« Reply #5542 on: May 02, 2023, 03:57:55 PM »
Kinda wanting to skate a low cut pair of vulcs for the summer anybody ever try the 272s? Thoughts and inputs ?

Puddy Smally

• Rep: 160
« Reply #5543 on: May 02, 2023, 05:36:53 PM »
Kinda wanting to skate a low cut pair of vulcs for the summer anybody ever try the 272s? Thoughts and inputs ?

272’s are excellent, and I say this as someone who does not like vulcs. I love mine!
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #5544 on: May 02, 2023, 05:46:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

272’s are excellent, and I say this as someone who does not like vulcs. I love mine!

I’m also not a huge fan of vulcs (but they are what I skate most the time ) but the 272s was great. They have awesome board feel look super good. One piece toe cap and to me I felt more comfort on landings than I did with the 440. I think that weird arch/dome thing in the sole actually helps support and acts as an airbag on landings. Not saying you won’t feel anything but for a vulc it almost feels like a thin cup for me. Like the same amount of protection from a sole as the 440 or the Crockett.

Snackbar

• Rep: 8
« Reply #5545 on: May 02, 2023, 05:52:23 PM »

I just picked up the Jake Hayes colorway and so far I'm a huge fan. I prefer cups usually but these feel nice and stable, look great and I just dig them. I'll pick up another pair for sure

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #5546 on: May 02, 2023, 10:15:45 PM »
Why is the Franky's a soft launch tho? No IG marketing, no posts from Franky himself...

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #5547 on: May 03, 2023, 12:34:34 AM »
Why is the Franky's a soft launch tho? No IG marketing, no posts from Franky himself...

Maybe we'll see a delayed, deliberate rollout of it on social media once NB# announces them. It's still kinda early in regards to marketing it online I think
Super Champion Fun Zone

DanRar009

« Reply #5548 on: May 03, 2023, 01:11:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I’m also not a huge fan of vulcs (but they are what I skate most the time ) but the 272s was great. They have awesome board feel look super good. One piece toe cap and to me I felt more comfort on landings than I did with the 440. I think that weird arch/dome thing in the sole actually helps support and acts as an airbag on landings. Not saying you won’t feel anything but for a vulc it almost feels like a thin cup for me. Like the same amount of protection from a sole as the 440 or the Crockett.

Thanks for the inputs, been seeing the white/camel color on sale so I think i might jump on em. Also saw an all white with black n pair of 508s that just got added to the sight which are also tempting me in every way

streetmeat

• Rep: 170
« Reply #5549 on: May 03, 2023, 07:40:43 AM »
had a dream last night that there was a 1010 with the raw/fuzzier suede in smoke grey with the natural ivory color sole thats on the 1010xRone and i woke up thinking to myself 'i would buy 100 pairs'