Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 838875 times)

Turtle Boy, devourthehours, vndrewlee, soot_yawd and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 43
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #9120 on: May 23, 2024, 11:26:30 PM »
The only model for Reynolds is 8055
Or 805s
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

DanRar009

• Rep: 70
« Reply #9121 on: May 24, 2024, 03:16:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So, I’m sure we all are looking forward to the NB# Reynolds pro model.

I got the Spring 2025 catalog today. Was really hyped to get to see the Reynolds shoe and…

No picture.

It’s there to order. What number they are and what color ways, but we can’t see what they look like.

Numeric really keeping things close to the chest on this one, and I can’t blame them.
[close]
what number model is it! Cmonnnnn gotta at least give us that haha unless you can’t say. Reynolds is my goat
[close]

Actually a pretty good idea to atleast get us day dreaming about how tech the shoe is based off of #!
[close]

I don’t want to give anything away. Let’s just say, it’s a high number.

Can understand not wanting to leak anything in Reynolds’s shoe but would asking about future colorways for existing shoes be too much ? Curious what’s in store for the 1010/808

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
« Reply #9122 on: May 24, 2024, 04:21:39 AM »
The 868 and 913 were a bit too ahead of their time -  I’ve always thought a retooled / techier 868 would be the direction Reynolds’ shoe would go…

Also wouldn’t be surprised if it goes above the 1010
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 04:29:19 AM by AsianVegan »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 43
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9123 on: May 24, 2024, 07:55:30 AM »
Can't believe Audazo are available in here and not Natas 💔
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 09:23:45 AM by moonordie »
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 656
« Reply #9124 on: May 24, 2024, 08:47:37 AM »
aw fuck. got some 480 highs coming in and now starting to hear about some bad experiences:(
If it makes you feel any better, I'm skating the 480 highs right now and I really like them. I actually had the opposite experience with rolling my ankle too, I had one mild roll while skating my 1010s but nothing like that with the 480 highs. I'd imagine the lows have way more of a roll factor? 

Paperclip20

• Rep: 139
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #9125 on: May 24, 2024, 09:55:48 AM »
Anyone able to speak on some of the NB cupsoles that either fit too small or too big? I used to skate 440's in a 12 but they're just a bit too tight on my foot, same with 480's in 12 but 13's in both feel pretty large. Currently skating cons in 12 because their shoes fit a half size larger but I'm getting tired of the thin shoe feeling. Sadly most skate shoes even outside of NB just don't come in 12.5

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9126 on: May 24, 2024, 10:22:54 AM »
Anyone able to speak on some of the NB cupsoles that either fit too small or too big? I used to skate 440's in a 12 but they're just a bit too tight on my foot, same with 480's in 12 but 13's in both feel pretty large. Currently skating cons in 12 because their shoes fit a half size larger but I'm getting tired of the thin shoe feeling. Sadly most skate shoes even outside of NB just don't come in 12.5
I don’t have any other insights to share except to say that I am in the exact same boat as you. 440 12s are smaller than just about every other 12 out there, and the 440 13s feel huge. Cons 12s also work great for me, and if you buy direct from Adidas a bunch of their models come in 12.5 (but pretty much only via their own website and never from shops)

Paperclip20

• Rep: 139
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #9127 on: May 24, 2024, 11:52:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I don’t have any other insights to share except to say that I am in the exact same boat as you. 440 12s are smaller than just about every other 12 out there, and the 440 13s feel huge. Cons 12s also work great for me, and if you buy direct from Adidas a bunch of their models come in 12.5 (but pretty much only via their own website and never from shops)

Nice knowing i'm not the only one out here.I appreciate the adidas info!

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 309
« Reply #9128 on: May 24, 2024, 03:11:19 PM »
Expand Quote
aw fuck. got some 480 highs coming in and now starting to hear about some bad experiences:(
[close]
If it makes you feel any better, I'm skating the 480 highs right now and I really like them. I actually had the opposite experience with rolling my ankle too, I had one mild roll while skating my 1010s but nothing like that with the 480 highs. I'd imagine the lows have way more of a roll factor?

sick! thanks for the looks! youre right it’s probably with the lows. what’s the boardfeel like on em?

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #9129 on: May 24, 2024, 04:12:35 PM »
Does anyone here know when this 417 colorway is supposed to drop?

DERBY

« Reply #9130 on: May 24, 2024, 04:20:33 PM »
jesus nb is killing it. gonna have to bounce from this thread

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #9131 on: May 24, 2024, 04:30:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I refuse to be defeated that easily regarding Natas 480 so now is where I ask if anybody knows a shop that would ship to EU?
[close]
Skate Warehouse, if you’re an 8:
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/New_Balance_Numeric_Natas_480_Hi_Shoes/descpage-NB48HXN.html?from=gshop&gad_source=4&gclid=CjwKCAjwr7ayBhAPEiwA6EIGxKug8AxW4JPCchhYD5hb0ot7NRoh7bfr4JrFEecmNnS2vG3QpwJXSBoCdW4QAvD_BwE
[close]
Already saw it and I'm a size 8 but damn 53 bucks of shipping plus whatever I'll have to pay in customs in here might be too much :(
[close]
Download Shop app, add your address, and search for, “Natas 480.” It’s much easier to compare shipping prices than manually entering info  at multiple shops.

Any update on shops that are carrying the Audazo/Numeric shoe? Aside from NB and Premier, I haven’t seen any shops outside of Japan post about them.
[close]
Here's the shops I see the Audazo going to currently.  Most pretty small quantities but you should be able to snag them from these guys when they go up Friday.
35TH NORTH
BLUETILE SKATEBOARDS
COWTOWN SKATEBOARDS
EMBASSY BOARDSHOP
FAMILIA SKATEBOARD SHOP
Long Beach Skate Co
KINETIC SKATEBOARDING
NO-COMPLY
ORCHARD SKATEBOARDING
PREMIER SKATEBOARDING
SKATEPARK OF TAMPA
Civil Skate Shop
THEORY SKATE SHOP
UPRISE SKATEBOARDS INC
[close]

Are these legit Numeric line shoes or just a skateable lifestyle shoe being offered to numeric accounts?
[close]
These are indoor soccer shoes that were reinforced to be skateable.  Since most indoor soccer shoes are pretty much fully skateable with a nice flat sole, some of our riders had already skated the Audazo.  So these aren't designed by Numeric fully and isn't in our line but was "souped up" to make it more durable. 
Surrey just left my office right now and said "great board feel, maybe don't skate big stairs in them"....ha.  So there you go.  Being that they're so thin, that would make sense.

Interesting , might have to check em out
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 656
« Reply #9132 on: May 24, 2024, 04:37:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

sick! thanks for the looks! youre right it’s probably with the lows. what’s the boardfeel like on em?
They're definitely a thicker shoe that sacrifices boardfeel for comfort. They will probably take some time getting used to if you're coming from skating a thinner shoe. I think that multiple people on here have said they've switched out the insole for something thinner, like the insoles from the 1010s.

DERBY

« Reply #9133 on: May 24, 2024, 06:39:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
They're definitely a thicker shoe that sacrifices boardfeel for comfort. They will probably take some time getting used to if you're coming from skating a thinner shoe. I think that multiple people on here have said they've switched out the insole for something thinner, like the insoles from the 1010s.

sweet! thank you and appreciate your info. might start em off as chillers and see where things go from there. plus theyre the white and red joints. probably gonna be hard to even wanna scuff em up lol

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2016
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #9134 on: May 24, 2024, 09:32:00 PM »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
« Reply #9135 on: May 24, 2024, 10:09:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Nice knowing i'm not the only one out here.I appreciate the adidas info!
This has been a problem for much of my skating life (altho a few years ago I decided I just want the bigger shoe) and it could be worth looking at the metric sizes the shoes advertise rather than the shoe size. Most often a 12 is 30cm but a 13 seems to vary. Sometimes it's 31cm but some brands do 32.5 or 33cms.
For me Nike and DC were usually the tighter fitting cupsoles and vans I'd say were consistently medium. Adidas and cons were all over the place and lakai and emerica were almost always huge

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9136 on: May 25, 2024, 12:02:28 AM »
The 868 and 913 were a bit too ahead of their time -  I’ve always thought a retooled / techier 868 would be the direction Reynolds’ shoe would go…

I missed out on both 868 and 913 when they launched, and the 868 especially looked over-produced for the time. But it grew on me over the wear and picked up 3 pairs from a pal a few months back, zero regrets despite the weird sizing (1/2 size up). The 913 was a weird one, it was very narrow for a tech (higher number) shoe. The sole fell off after a session which is a good thing since they were never going to work for me at that size.

We taking bets on the first digits on Reynold's pro model? I say it starts with 6xx.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #9137 on: May 25, 2024, 05:36:35 AM »
SPOT has the new Audazo x Numeric shoes in stock - use code MEM30 for 30% off

https://skateparkoftampa.com/product/96750/New_Balance_Numeric_Concrete_Grey_Matter_Blacktop_Audazo_x_Numeric_Shoes/&CID=17774
Yup. Brings the price down to $83.97! And of course there's no size 14 😂

Daydream

• Rep: 82
« Reply #9138 on: May 25, 2024, 05:53:42 AM »
Still need a pair of 600

Kind of disappointed in the break in of the 440v2 Vu pair. Wore a ton of hours casually and still bug my feet after a couple hours.

WideFeet

• Rep: 92
« Reply #9139 on: May 26, 2024, 01:37:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I got the Spring 2025 catalog today. Was really hyped to get to see the Reynolds shoe and…

No picture.

It’s there to order. What number they are and what color ways, but we can’t see what they look like.

Numeric really keeping things close to the chest on this one, and I can’t blame them.
[close]
what number model is it! Cmonnnnn gotta at least give us that haha unless you can’t say. Reynolds is my goat
[close]

Actually a pretty good idea to atleast get us day dreaming about how tech the shoe is based off of #!
[close]

[close]

Can understand not wanting to leak anything in Reynolds’s shoe but would asking about future colorways for existing shoes be too much ? Curious what’s in store for the 1010/808

I think giving away anything from future drops is pretty frowned upon. It wouldn’t hurt me if I gave anything away, but I would rather respect NB# and not give away any spoilers.

Only reason I said anything about the Reynolds shoe was because it was already said that shoe was coming soon, and I’m pretty sure it was mentioned it was slated for the beginning of 2025 in this thread.

Just wanted to confirm it for everyone, and let people know there’s no way we’re going to see this shoe unless we see someone skating it on IG, or someone close to NB# leaks it.

I’ll be interested to see if they show the shoe in future catalogs because I’m pretty sure I’ll get sent 2025 Summer and 2025 Fall catalogs before the first colorways of the Reynolds even drop

Also, I understand keeping this shoe on the hush hush. It’s Reynolds, and he probably has the best track record of any other pro selling his pro models. I can’t think of a shoe he’s had that wasn’t on every skaters feet the first year it was released. There’s not one shop that isn’t going to order this sight unseen.

Having said that, it’s kinda messed up asking skateshops to order a shoe sight unseen. Again, this only works cause it’s Reynolds. I don’t know another pro that could pull this off.   

CarcassToss

• Rep: 70
« Reply #9140 on: May 26, 2024, 08:53:23 AM »
600 is the best shoe I've skated in a long time. I've got the black leather ones and they're wearing extremely slow.

I haven't had many of the newer models, but after these I can't imagine wanting the 480 and 808 if I wasn't jumping down stuff. Skating basic transition, normal parks/ledges, and not really needing to be able to skate all day these things have probably ideal board feel and protection.

I had the Nike Leo's before and those were less firm, but definitely didn't hold up as well this far in.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
« Reply #9141 on: May 26, 2024, 09:38:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

No picture.

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think giving away anything from future drops is pretty frowned upon. It wouldn’t hurt me if I gave anything away, but I would rather respect NB# and not give away any spoilers.

Only reason I said anything about the Reynolds shoe was because it was already said that shoe was coming soon, and I’m pretty sure it was mentioned it was slated for the beginning of 2025 in this thread.

Just wanted to confirm it for everyone, and let people know there’s no way we’re going to see this shoe unless we see someone skating it on IG, or someone close to NB# leaks it.

I’ll be interested to see if they show the shoe in future catalogs because I’m pretty sure I’ll get sent 2025 Summer and 2025 Fall catalogs before the first colorways of the Reynolds even drop

Also, I understand keeping this shoe on the hush hush. It’s Reynolds, and he probably has the best track record of any other pro selling his pro models. I can’t think of a shoe he’s had that wasn’t on every skaters feet the first year it was released. There’s not one shop that isn’t going to order this sight unseen.

Having said that, it’s kinda messed up asking skateshops to order a shoe sight unseen. Again, this only works cause it’s Reynolds. I don’t know another pro that could pull this off.

As exciting as it is to speculate, you’re doing the right thing keeping mum on the details.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 128
« Reply #9142 on: May 26, 2024, 12:27:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

sweet! thank you and appreciate your info. might start em off as chillers and see where things go from there. plus theyre the white and red joints. probably gonna be hard to even wanna scuff em up lol

Once I got used to the 480 lows and highs I really like skating them. A little thicker and took some time to break in but crazy grippy and leave my feet/legs/back feeling great after skating for hours.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: 0
« Reply #9143 on: May 26, 2024, 03:09:39 PM »

Yeah the 868 was sick. I feel like it would do well now.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9144 on: May 26, 2024, 07:49:55 PM »
Can I get a quick consensus on the suede 600? Been on 1010s for a while and loving them, thinking of getting the 600 to mix it up for colors. Fit for a wide foot (US 9.5 on 1010s), durability, flick, etc. They look pretty slim so that would be a big concern for me.

Thanks!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9145 on: May 27, 2024, 10:37:14 AM »
Welp, it’s time to retire my White/Black 480s. Had a dumb fall during today’s session. Somehow the soles have gotten grippier with age. Felt glued to the board 😂

Not complaining. Been using them since February. Grabbed my backup Dunks from the car and finished the session.

Some homeless person will get these. They don’t even look bad.

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #9146 on: May 27, 2024, 10:54:33 AM »
Wait, are you retiring shoes if you had a slam while wearing them?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #9147 on: May 27, 2024, 10:59:55 AM »

I’ve retired shoes for far less.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9148 on: May 27, 2024, 11:01:23 AM »
Haha no! I’m not that superstitious. They just felt too grippy, and the fall made me laugh/didn’t hurt. Stupid No Comply 180 that I can land 90% of the time. But my front foot wasn’t sliding at all. Got it to work, but figured it was a sign to retire these cause the grip felt insane.

Again, I’m not complaining. Just thought it was funny. Was one of those, “WTF, is going on here?” moments 😀

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #9149 on: May 27, 2024, 12:51:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve retired shoes for far less.

Like what? I am genuinely curious