Author Topic: Gays in Skateboarding  (Read 19958 times)

CigaretteBeer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Gays in Skateboarding
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2016, 09:14:42 PM »
CigaretteBeer, are you channeling nick jedi's crazy ranting ability now that he can't post anymore?
You seem very confused mate...

I'm not confused. I am playing the devil's advocate. Everyone wants to be a victim and make everything hate speech. Photoshopping cocks is a slap tradition and nobody complains. But if someone says "gay" or "faggot" they're homophobes? It's just slang and what matters is the feeling behind what you say.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2016, 09:44:11 PM »
I'm not confused. I am playing the devil's advocate. Everyone wants to be a victim and make everything hate speech. Photoshopping cocks is a slap tradition and nobody complains. But if someone says "gay" or "faggot" they're homophobes? It's just slang and what matters is the feeling behind what you say.

That is the oldest line in the book when people call you out on your shit. "Jk gaiz, I was just trolling you"
Photoshopping dicks on a picture is very very diffrent from calling someone a faggot.
"wah :'( what matters is the feeling behind what you say", yeah fuck if it emotionally hurts other people yeah? punk rock brah PC nazis

For the sake of this argument, I triple dare you to walk into some housing projects near where you live and start calling people of colour  "niggers". Don't worry, when they front on you can assure them that it's all good because ... wait for it ... "It's just slang and what matters is the feeling behind what you say" ::)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Pauly Walnuts

• Rep: -5
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2016, 09:57:35 PM »
Writing a paper on LGBT issues

Thread title: "Gays in Skateboarding"

Shoutout to Gay, I love when his gay ass chimes in with those witty retorts.  You should write a paper about him or switch to STEM or a trade before it's too late.
Actually going into nursing, it's a most bodacious field for men right now. Wanted to go to SDSU, because they have connects to the Mayo clinic, but we had money issues and I got no financial aid. Now I'm stuck at JC, and I hate it. Before last semester I was ready to get into the electrician trade, my uncle is a union delegate so it'd would have been easy peesy, but my mom doesn't want me getting tied up with that side of the family. Now I'm stuck here debating on doing a research paper between Lou Reed or the Paradise Garage, which I won't deny was only introduced to me through Bianca Chandôn.
"I told you a long time ago you fucking little monkey not to fuck me"-Alejandro Sosa

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2016, 10:01:11 PM »
I've got a boyfriend but I'm kind of a poser gay because he still lets me get down with women.

Awwww  :-*

I never knew any gay skaters until I met him and he knew a few, they rip too! We probably all know a shit ton of bi skaters but statistically most bi men don't announce it to the world unless they have a reason to. I was consciously one of them for a decade. People label bi men as gay even if they think of themselves as just "normal" dudes. Why else do the gay threads on Slap always reach four pages in one day? You love the cock but you just can't admit it.

The night I opened up about it to my skate friends one of them I'd known for about 15 years immediate reaction was something along the lines of "It's not that I don't believe in it, I just don't think it exists," meaning that my sexually isn't an actual thing and I'm pretending there's a median to make myself feel better. I don't relate to most gay men. I don't understand the male femininity or the over exaggerated flair that many of them possess, but I'm also in love with one of them. Even if that fool's all about Rupaul's Drag Race I relate to more things with another man then I ever did with any of my ex girlfriends. "Yeah baby. Neat cupcakes. Baking's so rad."

SilvergultRab

• Rep: -58
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2016, 01:28:34 AM »
I think everyone just needs to chill out, who cares what people do behind closed doors. No homo

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3375
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2016, 08:52:59 AM »
One of very closest friends is gay and embarrassingly enough, it took me becoming friends with that dude to realize that describing things as gay and calling people faggots is fucked up. Not trying to make excuses for myself, but I went to catholic all male "football is everything" high school and "gay" and "faggot' were thrown around constantly, I was blowin' it, my bad. We're best bros, so we've obvz had some tearful drunken bro time heart to hearts over the years and his homosexuality has been discussed. Growing up catholic, hearing your family saying homophobic shit at dinner, in the closet until college, stuff like that. I'm a heterosexual white male, and I honestly can't fully comprehend the impact of words like those, or as he put it, "words that force you to question the validity of your entire 'disgusting and evil' existence as a scared and confused child". It's just dumb shit that angry people say cuz they can. I mean, say whatever you want, nobody's gonna stop you, but there's no reason to needlessly hurt people's feelings and shit in the process, it really just comes down to whether or not you wanna be an inconsiderate dick for the sake of being an inconsiderate dick.

Also Heath is my personal fave skateboarder, and my favorite gay skateboarder

I went through a similar experience with transgendered folks. I used to disparage them and talk about how "gross" they were. Then I became friends with a woman who was born a man and learned a bit about her struggle. I don't think that way anymore.

It was proof to me that ignorance breeds fear.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2016, 10:28:19 AM »
I would def want to be BA's boyfriend if I was single.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

sk8_h8

• Rep: -4
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2016, 04:19:59 PM »
You know how skaters tend to be anti-establishment, bohemian, and of the open minded-type?
You know how it's cool to do weird shit or wear weird shit because skateboarding kind of taught us that?
Well, in regards to this thread, I've noticed it is also "cool" to do stereotypical gay stuff, like hate sports, be fashion oriented, hate the macho jocks... have you come across a dude's instagram and its them making out with an other skater bud just for the *shock* of being a skateboarder and proving yourself against heteronormativity (think jed anderson) without actually being gay? Maybe he is or isn't, but whatever. An other example is the appropriation of gay culture by straight skaters (think Olson) with fireisland and tee shirts.

Isn't this kind of fucked/ hypocritical? Like being pro-sexuality and cashing in on "acceptance" without ever undergoing the objective reality of being gay. Especially being gay in the skate world. Like these dudes are the first to do something ostensibly progre$$ive, but don't dare be outspoken about sexuality in the skate world.

Also fuck Jeremy Klein.

Such

« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2016, 04:46:01 PM »
I would def want to be BA's boyfriend if I was single.

you almost forgot to say no homo there dude.

Candlespliff

« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2016, 08:41:17 PM »
The speculation in this thread is a little narrow minded. I bet in the entire population of skateboarders, the percentage of LGBT is probably really close to the rest of society who participate in sports, especially in big cities. I can't believe some of you think there is "barely any"... That  is a straight jock mentality because skateboarding used to be described as an escape...There is no team shit, you can get a skateboard an skate with nobody and have the best time. Fucking stupid.
Thats a good point, but when the number of openly gay pros is relatively small in comparison.
reynolds eats fruit

Candlespliff

« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2016, 09:02:03 PM »
There will never be gender equality world peace or a decent robocop sequel
Not with that fucking attitude
reynolds eats fruit

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -497
« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2016, 09:31:32 AM »
One of very closest friends is gay and embarrassingly enough, it took me becoming friends with that dude to realize that describing things as gay and calling people faggots is fucked up. Not trying to make excuses for myself, but I went to catholic all male "football is everything" high school and "gay" and "faggot' were thrown around constantly, I was blowin' it, my bad. We're best bros, so we've obvz had some tearful drunken bro time heart to hearts over the years and his homosexuality has been discussed. Growing up catholic, hearing your family saying homophobic shit at dinner, in the closet until college, stuff like that. I'm a heterosexual white male, and I honestly can't fully comprehend the impact of words like those, or as he put it, "words that force you to question the validity of your entire 'disgusting and evil' existence as a scared and confused child". It's just dumb shit that angry people say cuz they can. I mean, say whatever you want, nobody's gonna stop you, but there's no reason to needlessly hurt people's feelings and shit in the process, it really just comes down to whether or not you wanna be an inconsiderate dick for the sake of being an inconsiderate dick.

[/b]

Wait,what? Heaths gay?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -111
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2016, 09:57:31 AM »
If you were a gay skate homie on the down low you should just OWN that shit, the entire Gay community would support you and everyone would be talking about you.

Sometimes I wish I was gay. I'd do that shit in a heartbeat hahahaha, fuck these backwards thinking ignorant a-holes, their thoughts/opinions are irrelevant any ways.

jomeara1

« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2016, 11:03:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
[/b]

Wait,what? Heaths gay?

Heath is weird, not gay lol

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2016, 11:53:17 AM »
Heath fucks anything that casts a shadow.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2016, 02:00:27 PM »
i remember from one of his interviews that heath had a long time girlfriend that ed templeton knew only as 'psycho fuck' because she had 'psycho' tatted on one hand and 'fuck' on the other. they would get into bar fights together and heath asserted she was an excellent partner because no one wants to hit a girl.

nowell

• Rep: -153
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2016, 02:05:32 PM »

Pauly Walnuts

• Rep: -5
« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2016, 06:18:59 PM »
haha young Norm kind of reminds me of a young Jello Biafra, both in their respectively distinct voices, as well as their face.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 06:24:39 PM by Pauly Walnuts »
"I told you a long time ago you fucking little monkey not to fuck me"-Alejandro Sosa

Xtal

« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2016, 11:51:16 PM »
Sometimes I like to eat my own jizz. Am I gay?

7 year old

« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2016, 08:18:36 AM »
no you just have a terrible sense of humor & seem pretty dumb.

Xtal

« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2016, 08:28:56 AM »
no you just have a terrible sense of humor & seem pretty dumb.

So people who do things that are considered gay are dumb? Um...Maybe I was really serious with that post and genuinely wanted to know because I'm unsure if I'm gay or not. People like you make it so hard. You're intolerance is the problem with this country. Now moving to my safe space. You cannot touch me.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2016, 09:55:02 AM »
I've got a boyfriend but I'm kind of a poser gay because he still lets me get down with women.

that's a really cute pic :)

Xtal.

• Rep: -406
  • Less is more stay pure, stay poor
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2016, 10:32:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

seriously? Is slap all twinkletoes now or what

Brandon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2016, 10:35:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
STOP POSTING

Xtal.

• Rep: -406
  • Less is more stay pure, stay poor
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2016, 11:12:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
STOP POSTING
freedom of speach puto.God bless America.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2016, 09:03:03 PM »
^  You're on repeat with this thing where you buzz kill shit. Nobody is saying freedom is bad (i dont think)
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2016, 05:00:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That is the oldest line in the book when people call you out on your shit. "Jk gaiz, I was just trolling you"
Photoshopping dicks on a picture is very very diffrent from calling someone a faggot.
"wah :'( what matters is the feeling behind what you say", yeah fuck if it emotionally hurts other people yeah? punk rock brah PC nazis

For the sake of this argument, I triple dare you to walk into some housing projects near where you live and start calling people of colour  "niggers". Don't worry, when they front on you can assure them that it's all good because ... wait for it ... "It's just slang and what matters is the feeling behind what you say" ::)

My best friend is black and he tells me to call him a "nigger". I do not participate. Why would I yell "niggers" in a ghetto? If you spend enough time in Memphis you know the blacks here are quick to anger and they do like to steal. I think Memphis is second in crime after detroit. Statistics say a black is 27 times more likely to attack a white than a white attack a black. That's probably every time a white man is dumb enough to call a man of color a "nigger". Actually if a "ghetto" black likes you he'll insist you call him your "nigga". The rep for the brothers in jail insisted I speak to him this way. I'm familiar with black culture. I used to sell drugs and buy crack. White people have terrible crack.

Your point about blacks is they're violent. Many are in the ghetto. Being violent over words is stupid. Gipper makes fun of my dead son but I still wouldn't hit him. I'd egg his house though.

When did I call someone a faggot? I'm mildy bi anyways. I've had my Jimmy in the ding dong barn. I've engaged in gay sexual pleasures and the word faggot doesn't offend me.

And btw. I really am just trying to get a response sometimes. I studied psychology when I was younger. If I mean what I say I'll always own up to it. Ask Bantam/Art Newt how nice I am if you talk to me one on one. If you needed money badly I'd give it to you. But now I know you.said ban me so I would not give you money.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

asakusa75

« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2016, 05:08:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

My best friend is black and he tells me to call him a "nigger". I do not participate. Why would I yell "niggers" in a ghetto? If you spend enough time in Memphis you know the blacks here are quick to anger and they do like to steal. I think Memphis is second in crime after detroit. Statistics say a black is 27 times more likely to attack a white than a white attack a black. That's probably every time a white man is dumb enough to call a man of color a "nigger". Actually if a "ghetto" black likes you he'll insist you call him your "nigga". The rep for the brothers in jail insisted I speak to him this way. I'm familiar with black culture. I used to sell drugs and buy crack. White people have terrible crack.

Your point about blacks is they're violent. Many are in the ghetto. Being violent over words is stupid. Gipper makes fun of my dead son but I still wouldn't hit him. I'd egg his house though.

When did I call someone a faggot? I'm mildy bi anyways. I've had my Jimmy in the ding dong barn. I've engaged in gay sexual pleasures and the word faggot doesn't offend me.

And btw. I really am just trying to get a response sometimes. I studied psychology when I was younger. If I mean what I say I'll always own up to it. Ask Bantam/Art Newt how nice I am if you talk to me one on one. If you needed money badly I'd give it to you. But now I know you.said ban me so I would not give you money.

That whole post was an emotional rollercoaster .
I especially liked the "Jimmy in the ding dong barn" quote. I might use that one day, when the time is right.

fangen

« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2016, 05:06:11 PM »
You're only as big as what offends you, faggots.

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2016, 05:58:49 AM »
Look my friends. All this talk of homophobia and sexism, it's bullshit. It goes like this: People are animals, they respects and admire those who dominate, and despise those who submit - no matter the gender or sexual orientation. People don't care where you stick your cock, just as long as you're the one doing the sticking. That's what they respect.

So to any pro coming out of the closet: Sport those leather chaps, and project proudly the threat of rape around yourself. And behold, soon the 7 kingdoms of skateboarding shall be at your feet.