Author Topic: Wide skate shoes  (Read 38916 times)

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1056
Re: Wide skate shoes
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2019, 12:45:00 PM »
Half Cabs. Skate one session in them and you'll be in business. People on here have recommended Dunks to me as well, but I've yet to try a pair.

Dunks have a wider forefoot but the sole narrows significantly around the arch. If you have flat feet (like me) you will need an insole with an arch. With the regular insole the rubber sidewall would rub against my arch.

I used these...

« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 12:47:13 PM by GardenSkater77 »

sus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2019, 12:57:48 PM »
to OP who has wide feet:

Try buying one of these to widen your shoes:

https://www.amazon.com/Eachway-Professional-Premium-Stretcher-Adjustable/dp/B01NCMR62F/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=shoe+stretcher&qid=1570478021&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyMVNPU0hGWUoyMThHJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjU1ODk3MVY4R0k0RDlQSDhaTSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTkzMDc2MzVUNldHQVYzQ09RSiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I received a pair of Adidas recently that were a little narrow and too short on the toe for some reason, so i threw these in my shoes for 48 hours and then they fit great. Mind you this only really works well on animal-materials like suede and leather since they have more malleable properties than most synthetic materials

RoyMedKukken

• Rep: 0
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2019, 01:29:03 PM »
My feet are super wide (4E) and Etnies Joslin and Etnies Marana are my go tos.

JK42

• Rep: 22
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2020, 03:13:46 AM »
to OP who has wide feet:

Try buying one of these to widen your shoes:

https://www.amazon.com/Eachway-Professional-Premium-Stretcher-Adjustable/dp/B01NCMR62F/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=shoe+stretcher&qid=1570478021&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyMVNPU0hGWUoyMThHJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjU1ODk3MVY4R0k0RDlQSDhaTSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTkzMDc2MzVUNldHQVYzQ09RSiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I received a pair of Adidas recently that were a little narrow and too short on the toe for some reason, so i threw these in my shoes for 48 hours and then they fit great. Mind you this only really works well on animal-materials like suede and leather since they have more malleable properties than most synthetic materials

I have a narrow mid foot but wide toe box. After reading several posts about foot stretchers i bought some. £15 off Amazon. They work. They will easily take a shoe up half a size, probably a whole size. Also avoids having to explain to your better half why you are microwaving your shoes, and then walking around the house in them with three pairs of hiking socks on.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2020, 04:52:53 AM »
Shelltoes for sure. The regular footlocker ones just put some real insoles in there. If you want to support a skateshop the newer non-vulc skate shelltoes fit like the regular ones.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 95
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2020, 05:07:17 AM »
I used to skate a lot of campus vulcs for this exact reason. Are you set on a vulcanized sole? I get heel bruises pretty easily now so I stick to cup soles and I skate the Campus ADV a lot. Same thing as the campus vulc just has a cup sole and a little more beef in the heel. Board feel is still great.

scavenger

• Rep: 2
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2021, 03:14:10 PM »
My Fellow Hobbits,

The NB# 306 Jamie Foy fits my wide-ass feet quite nicely.

Long version: My feet are wide and looking for new shoes takes FOREVER so I want to share my recent findings. But first here's a list of what has/hasn't worked for me in the past, in case that helps someone:

Vans: No Vans have ever fit, really. I'd love to skate half cabs but even going up to size 10 (too long) they are too narrow.
Etnies veer 9: This was a mistake; correct length but way narrow.
Etnies lo-cut 9.5: Great. Stretched out but not too much.
Etnies Marana 9.5: felt good, maybe a bit long, but I couldn't lace them tight enough to keep my heel from coming out.
eS Accel Slim 9.5: Good after a week of stretching out. Going a half size bigger would've made them way too long. Very thin for a cupsole.
SC Cure (not Pure) 10: DC runs small. These were very comfy, ot too long, got a bit slippery when the bottoms wore.
NB# 306 Jamie Foy size 9: I was surprised to find I slid right into the size 9, they're nice and wide in the toe zone. I almost went for 9.5 anyway just to make sure I had plenty of width, but 9.5 felt a little long. It's a vulc but the inserts are fairly beefy, seems good so far.

Post what works for you, size included, and maybe we can all benefit from the shared data. We hobbit-footed folk have to stick together!

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1381
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2021, 03:22:06 PM »
My Fellow Hobbits,

The NB# 306 Jamie Foy fits my wide-ass feet quite nicely.

Long version: My feet are wide and looking for new shoes takes FOREVER so I want to share my recent findings. But first here's a list of what has/hasn't worked for me in the past, in case that helps someone:

Vans: No Vans have ever fit, really. I'd love to skate half cabs but even going up to size 10 (too long) they are too narrow.
Etnies veer 9: This was a mistake; correct length but way narrow.
Etnies lo-cut 9.5: Great. Stretched out but not too much.
Etnies Marana 9.5: felt good, maybe a bit long, but I couldn't lace them tight enough to keep my heel from coming out.
eS Accel Slim 9.5: Good after a week of stretching out. Going a half size bigger would've made them way too long. Very thin for a cupsole.
SC Cure (not Pure) 10: DC runs small. These were very comfy, ot too long, got a bit slippery when the bottoms wore.
NB# 306 Jamie Foy size 9: I was surprised to find I slid right into the size 9, they're nice and wide in the toe zone. I almost went for 9.5 anyway just to make sure I had plenty of width, but 9.5 felt a little long. It's a vulc but the inserts are fairly beefy, seems good so far.

Post what works for you, size included, and maybe we can all benefit from the shared data. We hobbit-footed folk have to stick together!

Incredibly narrow and long. I've got a fairly new pair that I'm not even tryna skate anymore.

While they're not the best fr skating due to sucking up pebbles like a vacuum cleaner, the vans Berle's are nice and wide, actually wider than the half cabs I'm breaking in now
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2021, 04:10:11 PM »
I have wide splayed out chicken feet with (comparatively) slim ankles. I found the dc legacy slim were pretty good for my feet. Been skating the Lynx OG and they're really wide, comfiest skate shoes I've had in a looong time, and the sole is great. Lasting really well, good grip, surprisingly good flexibility. These would be my top recommendation, if you can handle the chunky look of them. The new Kalis shoe (the cup, not the vulc) is nice and wide across the toes too.

Skated a few pairs of Straye that i got free through work, and they were super wide, at least the first few seasons. They've changed the shape and now fit more like Vans.

Most Adidas are dreadful, tight across the midfoot and loose around the ankle.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2021, 04:19:51 PM »
size 12 here wide foot

all vans and DCs i’ve been in fit ok except slipons

nike sb is a no go except for dunks. i’ve been able to fit in the blazers and cory kennedy’s shoe but lately the blazers feel a lil bit more tight than i remembered. curious about the bruin react because they do look nice.

adidas, i’ve only enjoyed wearing matchcourts and tyshawn’s shoe.

converse actually had to size down to 11.5 for the chuck pros and jack purcell pros. i tried the louie’s in the 12 and it fit like a nike sb shoe.

last resort AB i had to size down to an 11.5 but i guess a 12 would have been fine too. just had a little bit of extra toe room than i am used to.

edit: reeboks are also a very comfortable fit. but once the shoe wears down it kinda sucks to skate in

those are the ones i’ve tried in the last five years.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 05:56:01 PM by left knee cap »

Lucky_Basek

• Rep: 55
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2021, 05:41:36 PM »
I have been wearing Es Silo. My feet are really wide and my heel was starting to hurt in vulc soles.

Silos have been a surprise. Wide and comfy. A bit bulky at first.

I am afraid of not being able to find them again in my size so I've started hording them when I see them.

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 214
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2021, 06:25:54 PM »
started skating superstar vulcs and i cant go back now. Perfect fit for my hobbit feet

was about to say this.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2021, 08:00:58 AM »
NB 379’s have a wider forefoot and toebox.

2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2021, 08:03:56 AM »
new bal Foy felt nice n wide to me
Tyshawn Adidas are not wide they fit my feet perfectly though sort of in between

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2021, 08:13:12 AM »
The eS evant feels decently wide.
Wider feeling than my new balance Tiago and 420 for sure.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.