Author Topic: Lucero x Grosso Weekend Buzz  (Read 35070 times)

Jive Turkey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
Lucero x Grosso Weekend Buzz
« on: April 04, 2016, 11:03:41 PM »
Oh baby this is going to be good.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
Re: Lucero x Grosso Weekend Buzz
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 11:06:04 PM »
Looking forward to this
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 11:31:01 PM »
hyped Grosso has the makings of an excellent guest. I doubt he'll ever do it, but getting Rickk Howard on would probably be the top guest to get who hasn't been on. Stranger, J Lee, Gonz and Natas would also be awesome but unlikely to happen.

Changes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -220
  • #NeverForget
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 12:01:18 AM »
About time they came back, Ride channel is going down hill a lot, hardly any buzz hardy any free lunch, just random bullshit and TMZ crap, Ride channel were on top on the skate game for a bit, now they have dropped fast

shitsandwich

• Rep: -54
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 12:38:41 AM »
I try to avoid posting negative comments but Lee is the fucking worst.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 07:15:52 AM »
I try to avoid posting negative comments but Lee is the fucking worst.

No way. He's alright. That girl was worse.

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 10:49:12 AM »
I actually really like weekend buzz. I think it's a pretty good show. Brink and Lee make a good pair I think, with their different personalities. I like how Brink is reserved and tries to be politically correct and professional while Lee on the other hand doesn't give a fuck and will say exactly what he and everyone else is thinking. That's a perfect recipe. Lee is the guy you love to hate, or find obnoxious.

As I get older, I start caring a little less about Johnny Huckings doing the next best thing down the big gap, or whoever is flipping their board the best. While I still appreciate those things, I find learning about people to be just as fascinating. Skateboarding is one of the world's weirdest professions, and some of these guys have interesting stories.

I hope Ride Channel keeps doing these. It's really the only thing I like about that company.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3385
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 12:50:01 PM »
I'd love it if these two actually go in on some modern skate culture characters, but they'll probably just pussy-foot around pretending like they're being edgy.

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 01:29:58 PM »
I'd love it if these two actually go in on some modern skate culture characters, but they'll probably just pussy-foot around pretending like they're being edgy.

Yeah I hope so too. Grosso doesn't seem to mind calling people out on camera/ in interviews or talking about people candidly. I have high expectations that this will be gold.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 07:48:26 AM »
About time they came back, Ride channel is going down hill a lot, hardly any buzz hardy any free lunch, just random bullshit and TMZ crap, Ride channel were on top on the skate game for a bit, now they have dropped fast
ride channel is below the berrics for me.

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 05:31:06 PM »
Weekend buzz, love letters & epicly latered are keeping me inspired

stone cold steve austin

• Rep: -84
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2016, 07:18:03 PM »
bring back erica

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 07:40:51 PM »
bring back erica

What so she can talk over every guest and tell them how she knows that story so they don't have to tell it and then embarrassingly point out any personal relationship she has with the guests because if you mean that then rad yeah get her back on the thing.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2016, 12:29:49 PM »
Keep Lee and Brink, they work well together if even just because of the contrast in their personalities and how they conduct themselves.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2016, 01:03:24 PM »
I've always found that Rub Brick guy kinda creepy. Hopefully Grosso addresses this to his face, kinda like how he did with Jimmy Arugula.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2016, 04:55:24 PM »
So, when's this coming out?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2016, 05:06:19 PM »
Keep Lee and Brink, they work well together if even just because of the contrast in their personalities and how they conduct themselves.

Agreed. Just give Lee a drink limit and it should be smooth sailing. I only mind him when he won't shut up.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -608
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2016, 08:03:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agreed. Just give Lee a drink limit and it should be smooth sailing. I only mind him when he won't shut up.

That sounds more like what we should do with you, yo.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

jomeara1

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2016, 08:25:28 PM »
hyped Grosso has the makings of an excellent guest. I doubt he'll ever do it, but getting Rickk Howard on would probably be the top guest to get who hasn't been on. Stranger, J Lee, Gonz and Natas would also be awesome but unlikely to happen.

I'm waiting for "Weekend Shit Show" 

first guests AVE and Berra, with surprise guest Dylan

shit_for_brains

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2016, 03:58:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I hope you get pinned in a wrecked car with a dead body for a week.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -608
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2016, 07:18:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You sound like a deeply disturbed person.  C'mon, these are supposed to be fun quips. I'll leave you alone, you're getting too upset.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2016, 02:52:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You sound like a deeply disturbed person.  C'mon, these are supposed to be fun quips. I'll leave you alone, you're getting too upset.

Don't be a baby just because I want you to have PTSD

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2016, 05:00:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah I hope so too. Grosso doesn't seem to mind calling people out on camera/ in interviews or talking about people candidly. I have high expectations that this will be gold.
[close]

The guys killed it in my opinion. We talked for 2 and a half hours. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. Next Friday I think ...

raw interview footage would be sick....2 1/2 hours of these two sounds like time well spent.
good come sausage

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2016, 03:04:28 PM »
thank you for the update, Rob! Can't wait!

I saw this thread bumped and got stoked that it was up maybe.
SPB!

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2016, 03:07:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The guys killed it in my opinion. We talked for 2 and a half hours. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. Next Friday I think ...
[close]

raw interview footage would be sick....2 1/2 hours of these two sounds like time well spent.
[close]

Still trying to work with the crew on podcasting a few full length, unedited episodes ... but don't hold your breath.

Oh please for the love of all that is Skateboard Media and Journalism PLEASE try to make this a reality.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2016, 03:23:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Still trying to work with the crew on podcasting a few full length, unedited episodes ... but don't hold your breath.

This would be really cool.
Also Brink, you're really close to Pal-dom.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2016, 09:27:49 AM »
Can't wait to watch 4 old men talk about how skating ain't like it used to be!

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2016, 09:45:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Can't wait to watch 4 old men talk about how skating ain't like it used to be!
[close]

As opposed to here, where there's hundreds typing about it ...  :D

Haha it will be just like slap, don't forget the Coors light

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2016, 10:59:56 AM »
I'd definitely tune in to a rob brink skate podcast.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2016, 11:24:52 AM »
I actually really like weekend buzz. I think it's a pretty good show. Brink and Lee make a good pair I think, with their different personalities. I like how Brink is reserved and tries to be politically correct and professional while Lee on the other hand doesn't give a fuck and will say exactly what he and everyone else is thinking. That's a perfect recipe. Lee is the guy you love to hate, or find obnoxious.

I am a big fan of the show and variety of guests they've had on over the years. Regarding Lee I have posted this before, this isn't a diss at all but he needs to develop the skill of knowing when to stop talking. The Carroll episode was particularly embarrassing. He goes on these long "qualifiers" (for lack of a better word) before asking a question which leads a guest to his desired answer. Just stop talking and stop acting like a fanned out 13 year old. You're a grown man. Watch Brink do it. He rolls with the vibe of the guests like they really are hanging out having conversation.

Lee also tends to say a lot of words, without really saying much of anything. Fred Armisen used to do a character called Nicholas Fehn. That's Lee.