Author Topic: Fallen Footwear  (Read 67223 times)

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 99
  • Fully Flared! coming November 16th 2007
Re: Fallen Footwear
« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2016, 04:18:59 PM »
They need to come out with some tech shit that actually competes with lunarlon

Lunarlon is for running, it's not gonna make you skate any better unless you buy in to the whole placebo effect. I'd rather have System G2 or STI Evolution foam which have already been in skating since before the nike Koston 1. I agree about the lynx though, that reissue was ass.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2016, 04:23:23 PM »
Wait 10 years when all your fav pros are getting ankle cancer from long term Lunarioun use

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2016, 04:23:43 PM »
This is bad news for sure but I feel like the writing was on the wall for a while, those with a little bit of common sense could tell this was eventually going to happen with more and more Skater owned shoe brands;
With Nike etc buying their credibility in skateboarding via tactical team purchasing and maintaining a "good" public image within skateboarding (eg: LA Courhouse and providing a hell of a lot of pros/ams/flow skaters with decent lifestyles and branded with the swoosh) they managed to legitimise themselves with the youth of the skate industry as well as with some older skaters (age is not my issue here). You only have to look at the skateboarders they approached to be on their team to see they know what they are doing. They approach a mix of pro/ams that represent a lot of different areas and eras of skateboarding and , as such, have a "something for everbody" kind of team. This isn't the most devious thing about their tactic, it's the type of skater they approach. It's not JUST the big names in skateboarding they pay, it's the recognised somewhat underground rippers, the older legends, the new hot kids, the veteran pros, the international guys.. It's very clever.

I've bought two pairs of Nike SB shoes in my time (both Janoski and both (I believe) from a time when Janoski was receiving royalties for them (I could very well be wrong on this). Both of these purchases were not easy decisions (despite the quality of the shoe) to make and believe me when I continue that I'm not blaming anyone but myself for these purchasing decisions, but it was easier to get than a decent pair of Supras in my local SOS. I love Supra shoes, I love their team and I support them and companies like Fallen, Emerica and DVS too. I've had multiple pro models from each of these companies but FUCK, every time I went to my SOS in the last 2 years the ratio of NIKE/ADDIDAS to actual brands I like giving my money to was something close to 70/30. This is in a small retail unit ofc, but seeing the only skate-shop my city has stop stocking new Supras and Fallens entirely and only selling old models on sale while continuing to get new Nike/ Addidas models paints a dismal shoe wall picture.
What annoys me most about this situation (and it can't be an isolated one I'm sure) is waking up today and seeing the owner of said shop, posting this fucking high and mighty Instagram message while he continues to pedal and bow to the forces he claims to stand so strongly against.
You can say that I shouldn't have bought the Janoskis and I'm as bad as him but  the thing is, I admit that I bought them and I've worn those shoes but that's two fuxking pairs. I'm nowhere near as powerful a force in the skate scene/industry than the shop and its shoe selection. I don't need to justify myself or my purchasing decisions but I feel like I should be honest about this because this insta post represents the problem; people claiming to be "core" or whatever you want to label it as, while promoting and completely doing the opposite. Yeah , the last pair of Fallens sold there may have been recent and that sure makes for a nice and semi-emotional moment but they've only had the same few fallen shoes on their shelves for at least a year. I don't even know when the last time would have been that they got a new pair of Fallen shoes ordered in, maybe it was more recent than I suspect but I stand by my points.
For anyone that's interested; it's Loko skate shop in Belfast. They are a nice shop, skater owner and a nice place to hang out but this sort of hypocrisy just ain't right.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 04:30:22 PM by poor alice »
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2016, 04:30:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lunarlon is for running, it's not gonna make you skate any better unless you buy in to the whole placebo effect. I'd rather have System G2 or STI Evolution foam which have already been in skating since before the nike Koston 1. I agree about the lynx though, that reissue was ass.

Please explain the System G2 and STI Evolution foam to me, since it seems you are very knowledgeable about both of them.  I'm pretty sure you're buying into your own "placebo effect".
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Mr. Fink

« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2016, 04:31:23 PM »
I just saw a Fallen shirt at Goodwill. It made me sad.

bluntstofakie

• Rep: -4
« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2016, 04:45:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

system g2? Isn't that the shit they used in es shoes in the early 2000s? I haven't skated the new sti foam, and probably never will.  There isn't a single shoe from emerica or etnies I'd buy. Same for lakai and dc.  A couple years ago I had a pair of chuck taylors with lunarlon, and a pair of dc kalis centrics at the same time. Even though the dcs' had a fucking air bubble in the heel like all the shoes from the early 2000s, I still couldn't skate for more than an hour without getting sore. Every session with the cons was more enjoyable. Definitely not placebo effect.
was that switch ollie in a turban at 1:18 ?.....trend watch

daditude adjustment

• Rep: 21
« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2016, 05:01:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
do you give them money by watching their videos?

to the anti-Nike dudes- is it just the people who buy them that are fucking things up? and the people who ride for them get a pass? or is it anyone associated with them?
[close]
I wouldn't buy their videos.

I think we are getting to a point where people will realize that if they really want to fight Nike, they'll have to not give the people who ride for them a pass. I'm not there yet personally, but I can see it getting to that point.
[close]
True. Forgot you could watch their vids w/out buying them haha.

Fuck. 'Mirin honesty and I agree 100%

I (could be wrong) just feel like there's mad people who are like "fuck you if you buy Nike", but then are like "zomg Alex Olson/Daryl Angel/BA/Chet Childress ughh <33" and they sort of contradict themselves

I'm of the "don't do it" crowd. Don't buy nikes, don't watch their clips, don't pay attention to their team, but I'm kinda past my prime of keeping up with Skate culture. Heath and Reynolds are still the coolest dudes to me. Baker 3 is still the best video, and the coolest as far as fashion, tricks, etc.
It does bum me out when people ride for Nike, and here's my asshole reasoning:
Motherfucker pro skateboarder person, you dropped out of middle school to ride a skateboard for 20 years, the rest of your life isn't gonna be comfortable! Having a sick 360 flip doesn't mean you should never have to work a day in your life, especially if its at the expense of our culture! Go learn a goddamn trade or go to school if you wanna be comfortable.
Weird I know, but just my thoughts. Prolly cause I've always sucked at skating and could never make money off of it!

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • &#9830;&#65039;&#9827;&#65039;&#9829;&#65039;&#9824;&#65039;
« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2016, 05:09:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

to the anti-Nike dudes- is it just the people who buy them that are fucking things up? and the people who ride for them get a pass? or is it anyone associated with them?
[close]

I think we are getting to a point where people will realize that if they really want to fight Nike, they'll have to not give the people who ride for them a pass. I'm not there yet personally, but I can see it getting to that point.
[close]

I (could be wrong) just feel like there's mad people who are like "fuck you if you buy Nike", but then are like "zomg Alex Olson/Daryl Angel/BA/Chet Childress ughh <33" and they sort of contradict themselves

[close]

I'm of the "don't do it" crowd. Don't buy nikes, don't watch their clips, don't pay attention to their team, but I'm kinda past my prime of keeping up with Skate culture. Heath and Reynolds are still the coolest dudes to me. Baker 3 is still the best video, and the coolest as far as fashion, tricks, etc.
Motherfucker pro skateboarder person, you dropped out of middle school to ride a skateboard for 20 years, the rest of your life isn't gonna be comfortable! Having a sick 360 flip doesn't mean you should never have to work a day in your life, especially if its at the expense of our culture! Go learn a goddamn trade or go to school if you wanna be comfortable.
Weird I know, but just my thoughts. Prolly cause I've always sucked at skating and could never make money off of it!

I'm kinda with you re: pro skater and their attitudes but at the same time I'm conflicted because I like the fact that pros are now afforded a great lifestyle because of their talent and marketability etc. Having said that, I think nurses, counsellors, cleaners tech developers, writers , scientists, child minders, psychologists, bin men,  etc etc should be getting more than they are. It's consumer capitalism though, it's wonderful but it means some areas of work are valued more in terms of money than others that are more important in terms of human development / society and the welfare of human beings in general.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

daditude adjustment

« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2016, 05:23:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm kinda with you re: pro skater and their attitudes but at the same time I'm conflicted because I like the fact that pros are now afforded a great lifestyle because of their talent and marketability etc. Having said that, I think nurses, counsellors, cleaners tech developers, writers , scientists, child minders, psychologists, bin men,  etc etc should be getting more than they are. It's consumer capitalism though, it's wonderful but it means some areas of work are valued more in terms of money than others that are more important in terms of human development / society and the welfare of human beings in general.

Yah that's pretty much where I'm at, too. I dont want to see anyone suffer from poverty no matter what, so I'm not saying pros shouldnt be comfortable, they should be! Again, I have a boner for Heath, dude retired, worked in the industry for a bit, and then started his own bar. I remember reading an interview where he talks about buying real estate. That's all smart shit and a good plan! I get that life is a game, and ya gotta play it, and I like how Heath played it.
Here's another rant on why it bums me out to see skaters become 'franchise' skaters. Sports fans sit at bars and watch baseball, and then scream "we're won" or "we lost" while not participating at all. If some guy at a bar was screaming "we won" cause nyjah got a 9.3 I. SLS, we'd call him a poseur, and a kook, especially if he didn't Skate.
I dunno, I'm just bitter and like skating being a small counterculture thing. Not about wealth or making it, just about going out and getting some.
Sorry guys, I had a few jalapeņo cocktails before my train ride home, and forgot to wash my hands before I pissed. Now I'm drunk on the train with a burning wiener and am very passionate about this topic.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #159 on: April 12, 2016, 05:31:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Just because you're are 7' tall and can dunk a basketball, while being a fucking person and not having the ability to make 50% of your free throws, should you earn 30 million a year?  Not in my opinion.  But the corpos sure as hell shouldn't be making billions off of you either.

Skateboarders should make as much as they can, without bringing Nike in.  Nike, and those who ride for Nike, get zero of my dollars.
But it's too late.

I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Spiderman

• Rep: -1
« Reply #160 on: April 12, 2016, 05:55:41 PM »
Just to clarify, Nike have not gained credibility, all they have done is taken that from their riders an lowered it for them.

Nike can fuck right off in skateboarding.

daditude adjustment

« Reply #161 on: April 12, 2016, 06:06:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Just because you're are 7' tall and can dunk a basketball, while being a fucking person and not having the ability to make 50% of your free throws, should you earn 30 million a year?  Not in my opinion.  But the corpos sure as hell shouldn't be making billions off of you either.

Skateboarders should make as much as they can, without bringing Nike in.  Nike, and those who ride for Nike, get zero of my dollars.
But it's too late.

Please tell me you posted a fit and that's yours! Fucking awesome shirt!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #162 on: April 12, 2016, 06:11:00 PM »
They stepped back from skating in the late 80s/early 90s to make athletic shoes like cleats and basketball sneakers. Their skate line suffered, throughout the 90s they were jumping on trends, making puffy spiderweb looking shoes and had slick, modern logos and colorways. Cardiel, or someone he knows, claims that he influenced them to reintroduce their classic shoes like the authentic and the old skools and all that along with their vintage red skateboard logo. The rest in history or whatever.
I think that's the story.

Hmmmm, well half cabs came out in 92' so I wouldn't say their skate line suffered throughout the entire 90s. True, towards the end there they dipped out for a bit and then came back with the "pro series" stuff (think monk II, cardiel's shoe, santo's shoe, half cab II, cab 7 etc.) in an attempt to keep up with how tech skate shoes were getting. They were the dark ages for vans because you simply couldn't find their vulc models at the time...
If anyone convinced them to go back to their roots it was rowley, hands down!
There's even an interview with him where he talks about how they didn't want to give him a vulc sole or even put the trad vans stripe on his first model because it wasn't the direction they wanted to take their skate shoe line at the time. Just goes to show that companies probably SHOULD listen to what their riders want.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #163 on: April 12, 2016, 06:32:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Tommy is a beast, no holds barred on or off the board! Even six months ago I didn't think Nike was that bad, even wore a pair of sb dunks. Then, after reading about how they have forced skate shops to carry colour ways that didn't sell, forced them into debt etc. I back flipped and joined the anti Nike camp. I would find it extremely difficult not to give GT a pass, though.

Leaky McBurnside

• Rep: 10
« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2016, 06:34:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's sad as fuck to see them going out. I've seen ride the sky too much times!
That being said my pair of fallen fortes were one of the worst shoes I ever had. Cardboard layer, insole made of something close to styrofoam. Sole just vanished in days... And I'm not even hard on shoes!

When Jack Curtin got on the Team I saw the light on the end of the tunnel for fallen, best shoe they releases in years but that didnt lasted long.
And then this new revamp they tried to do with the brand was pretty bland too. All the new shoes didnt bring something new to the table. Just rehashed designs, copies of what other companies already did... And that burman shoe, seriously.
It's sad to see them go but I'm no surprised this happened honestly.
[close]

i think they were killing it when the show market was dominated by minimal designs and vulcanized shoes but now shoes are being heavily marketed with technology as a key factor.. � and yeah that Dane Burman pro shoe says a lot about their creative side �:-X

so what "core" brands are left?� filament, osiris, circa also DC and Vans.. any thing else i left out?
[close]

The three Sole Tech brands, eS, etnies, and emerica, are skater owned.

Both Huf and Lakai are now partially owned by Altamont Capital. I think this is important to note because these brands are NOT skater owned anymore, straight up. A lot of people are blissfully ignorant about this, but a bunch of suits now own part of these companies and decisions are no longer fully in the hands of skateboarders.
DC is owned by Quiksilver.
DVS is owned by Sequential Brands Group.
I don't know about Osiris, Circa, or Filament. I would guess that Osiris is not based on their products, but who knows.
I think Vox might be skater owned, but I don't know and I've never seen a pair in person.
I think there are a lot more skater owned shoes companies outside of the US, but they're more regional.

To me, Vans is a strange exception. They're not skater owned and never have been, but they have been with skating since its inception pretty much, and I think the major difference is that skaters brought vans into the culture, whereas other companies bought their way in. They're a staple at this point and have supported skating throughout all of it's ups and downs.

Quiksilver is now owned by Oaktree Capital post bankruptcy a couple months ago. Oaktree owns pieces of Billabong/Fox and some other companies. And... (wait for it)..... they are no longer a publicly traded company.
lets hope that DGKalis cashed out before his shares were zeroed out.

Bliz

• Rep: -35
« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2016, 07:10:45 PM »
Gotta love the "they only care about profits" slander.  Cause I mean, nobody starts up a company to make money amirite?  Like who puts money into something and expects something back?  LOL so fuggin wack amirite, like what is marketing and what do you mean you're supposed to compete

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #166 on: April 12, 2016, 07:33:54 PM »
Cause I mean, nobody starts up a company to make money amirite? 

That's not the argument though, nor has it ever been.
SLAP sure loves to bring it up every time we have a (anti)Nike thread though ::)

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2016, 07:43:00 PM »
Rad Newport tshirt

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #168 on: April 12, 2016, 07:44:05 PM »

It's page 6: How has this picture not been posted yet?

Eric ricks

« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2016, 08:08:09 PM »
Tommy gunz on nike sb confirmed😅😅😅

Probably get a talking to from some rep in the back corner of street league

too much

« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2016, 08:16:43 PM »
Some interesting posts on page 5...this is a weird analogy but from a sales perspective when you're producing sales with 20 different customers and you lose one, no big deal. If you're producing the same amount of sales with 4 big customers and you lose one you feel a hit.

So with the amount of shoe brands shrinking, and if one of the big corporate brands pulls out of skateboarding...then I would guess skateboarding itself would take a big hit. The big corporations are pouring a lot of money into skateboarding, imagine if that were to disappear. It seems kind of dangerous to only have 3-4 big shoe companies really producing the sales for the retail side while the retailers aren't getting much in return.

Honestly worst case scenario is everything goes online, corporations see no reason to have teams and that is that....after they destroyed everything. In other words now that they are here, we need them here, or, core brands are going to have to step it up big time to replace them in sales, but core brands don't have the financial backing to compete. Something very very creative needs to happen.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2016, 08:40:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
system g2? Isn't that the shit they used in es shoes in the early 2000s? I haven't skated the new sti foam, and probably never will. �There isn't a single shoe from emerica or etnies I'd buy. Same for lakai and dc. �A couple years ago I had a pair of chuck taylors with lunarlon, and a pair of dc kalis centrics at the same time. Even though the dcs' had a fucking air bubble in the heel like all the shoes from the early 2000s, I still couldn't skate for more than an hour without getting sore. Every session with the cons was more enjoyable. Definitely not placebo effect.

Lunarlon is just EVA foam with some nitrile (like non-latex rubber gloves) mixed in. It doesn't come from space. Its not magic. It's basically just fucking foam. There also seem to be different densities of it as well. The insole shit isn't even the same as the midsole on a pair of Lunarglides, etc. or else you'd break your ankle running around a turn.

it's not bad, although a lot of people find it compresses too much. The running community is already over the hype but skateboarders still seem to buy it. Compared to all the barely cushioned skate shoes out there today the Lunarlon shoes are relatively plush - but compared to the impact protection on your basic turn of the century DVS, DC, Vans!, or even Nike - the Lunarlon shoes have way less foot protection, since they are just insoles sitting on a plain rubber sole (excepting the BA, P. Rod 8, and Gato). True, those shoes needed break-in time, but it's not like people couldn't skate in them.

Nike is just laughing it's way to the bank because people are paying more money for a shoe that's simpler and cheaper to make than a Nike 6.0 they would have sold for $50 five years ago.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #172 on: April 12, 2016, 08:42:38 PM »
Why is this such a big deal to you guys? Reading this is a giant headache. I am honored Nike (biggest sports brand on earth) wants a part in skateboarding, won't buy em myself but still!  

Do whatever you want, so long as it's legal no-one is getting screwed.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #173 on: April 12, 2016, 09:06:38 PM »
Bummed to see those guys lose a cheque, but there is no way you all liked fallen that much. Those patriots were the alternate version of the shoes with the big DC on the heel! I liked the fortes, but they didn't hold up well at all.

This stuff reminds me of when the IASC(?) tried to bully people into buying pro boards reasoning we'd all be too uninspired without pros to keep skateboarding/progressing. Watching pyramid country/bronze/Johnny Wilson stuff, etc makes me feel like pros just aren't as necessary as they once were. Wasn't zero/fallen pretty ruthless when it came to cutting riders too? I feel bad for Tommy Gunz and maybe some others I'm forgetting, but other than that I couldn't care less. If all the corporate companies leave, Jamie will find a way to come back.

Sorry for ranting. I don't know why I'm so mad at this, but I really can't fathom what affect Fallen had on skating. I like watching the van doren bowl contests, the all city showdowns. Nike lets me watch a Tampa webcast(when I remember). Adidas puts out great street your edits and I'm looking forward to away days. Cons does free workshops in my city for kids on how to shoot videos and build ramps. They also do connect the dots. Even if Nike kills the whole sb program that courthouse will be skateable for a long time. I don't live anywhere near it, but it's still more valuable to me than the existence of fallen

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #174 on: April 12, 2016, 09:25:06 PM »
Bummed to see those guys lose a cheque, but there is no way you all liked fallen that much. Those patriots were the alternate version of the shoes with the big DC on the heel! I liked the fortes, but they didn't hold up well at all.

This stuff reminds me of when the IASC(?) tried to bully people into buying pro boards reasoning we'd all be too uninspired without pros to keep skateboarding/progressing. Watching pyramid country/bronze/Johnny Wilson stuff, etc makes me feel like pros just aren't as necessary as they once were. Wasn't zero/fallen pretty ruthless when it came to cutting riders too? I feel bad for Tommy Gunz and maybe some others I'm forgetting, but other than that I couldn't care less. If all the corporate companies leave, Jamie will find a way to come back.

Sorry for ranting. I don't know why I'm so mad at this, but I really can't fathom what affect Fallen had on skating. I like watching the van doren bowl contests, the all city showdowns. Nike lets me watch a Tampa webcast(when I remember). Adidas puts out great street your edits and I'm looking forward to away days. Cons does free workshops in my city for kids on how to shoot videos and build ramps. They also do connect the dots. Even if Nike kills the whole sb program that courthouse will be skateable for a long time. I don't live anywhere near it, but it's still more valuable to me than the existence of fallen
Yep... Fallen is the most "who cares?" exit from skateboarding I can remember.

theblandest

• Rep: 12
« Reply #175 on: April 12, 2016, 09:28:43 PM »
Why is this such a big deal to you guys? Reading this is a giant headache. I am honored Nike (biggest sports brand on earth) wants a part in skateboarding, won't buy em myself but still! �

Do whatever you want, so long as it's legal no-one is getting screwed.

But people are getting screwed  ???
Dudes just lost their jobs and sponsorships so what you said doesn't make sense.
Plus, shops are closing because of Nike. Which I know people will argue that shops are responsible too, but still there is a lot evidence that Nike interference correlates with shops closing.
The way I see it, no one should be honored that Nike is in skateboarding unless you're getting their paychecks. Even then you know the checks come with a grain of salt.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #176 on: April 12, 2016, 09:29:37 PM »
How the fuck you going to put Chris Troy on then basically just decided no more fallen? If he got a pro shoe I would of kept fallen alive on my own

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal

• Rep: 99
  • Fully Flared! coming November 16th 2007
« Reply #178 on: April 12, 2016, 09:39:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Please explain the System G2 and STI Evolution foam to me, since it seems you are very knowledgeable about both of them.� I'm pretty sure you're buying into your own "placebo effect".

You can find all the information you need on stilab.com/ The point is I'm saying I would rather buy what people have already skated than a pair of $100 Nike SB Paul Rodriguez with 360 degrees of IMPACT READY! protection.

HoudiniXLogic

• Rep: -17
« Reply #179 on: April 12, 2016, 09:40:32 PM »
So I had this tap open in the background for at least a good day, since it was still in page 4. I had my rant in my head, had a rant while skating with a buddy (and he was ranting as well), but all I can say is that we should take this as a lesson to learn. The DONT DO IT campaign of the 2000s got to me and I understood every bit of it (probably because I was listening to a lot of punk at the time). I've had a few pairs of Fallens, but I've also had a few pairs of Emericas, eS, Lakai, DVS, etc. IPath Cats, yep. Actually I think I've had like 4 or 5 pairs of Fallens, the last one being the Slashs that changed colors on the flick area in the suede over time. Its not too hard to guess that in 2008 - 2009 I was wearing the troopers, rippers, and had those purple cheif mids lol.... ah man.

We aren't just the ones to blame also. You can point at your buddy who wears Nikes all the time to skate, but its the whole damn line up to the pros that advertise it. Kids are easily influenced, and not only when his favourite pro skater is wearing Janoskis, the local ripper is also wearing Janoskis, kids will be kids and they will want to mimic. And by the time they grow up enough to know whether they want to support skater-owned brands, it will be too late since all the shoes will be jsut the corporate ones, and the only option they really have is to support the brands that started in skateboarding, which is just Vans and DC. DC is pretty much only alive thanks to their motorcross, rally, and snowboard shit.

As far as the Team.... I can see Dickson and Slash going to Emerica, but I heard they hate each other so dunno, Tommy and Dane will probably end up on Dekline or Vans if lucky. Well I'm happy enough to have met and hang out with them while they were in Thailand for the Road Less Traveled tour. Celebrated Tony Cervantes' birthday and blazed with Tommy and Jimmy Carlin (he got off Fallen like 4 weeks after that).

I filmed their demo at the old skatepark (before they redesigned the whole thing)

Anyways,