Author Topic: Where do you buy your meat?  (Read 2212 times)

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Where do you buy your meat?
« on: April 29, 2016, 09:27:04 AM »
From a 18 year old at the supermarket?
From a Costco fridge?

the corresct answer is from your local butcher. those old Polish guys have been doing it so long they know what's up. I love a good sizzle too but it should be from a butcher.

#supportyourlocalbutcher

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
Re: Where do you buy your meat?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 11:58:52 AM »

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 01:05:53 PM »

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 03:53:33 PM »
I should probably just sell my '98 Camry for parts and get a 2016 Range Rover too.  Come to think of it.. I might as well burn all my thrift store clothes and pick up some Tom Ford suits to wear instead.  Thank you Tracer, for opening my eyes to the finer things in life, that I simply didn't buy because I was oblivious to their existence.

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 04:30:31 PM »
I should probably just sell my '98 Camry for parts and get a 2016 Range Rover too.  Come to think of it.. I might as well burn all my thrift store clothes and pick up some Tom Ford suits to wear instead.  Thank you Tracer, for opening my eyes to the finer things in life, that I simply didn't buy because I was oblivious to their existence.
real men frequent their local butcher and deli. the quality standards drop off significantly at the grocery store

Eric ricks

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 04:58:26 PM »
I buy at our 3 local butchers.

But I hunt, so I rarely buy meat and I butcher myself.

Fish, moose, deer, elk, pheasants and rabbits.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 05:16:09 PM »
real men frequent their local butcher and deli

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Tracer

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 05:24:33 PM »

Start hunting duck it's the most underrated meat in America imo

Eric ricks

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 05:39:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I used to hunt geese alot. Just kinda lost the passion for it. The meat is fantastic though thats for sure!

Partridge is my favorite bird by far.

And moose/deer/elk meat is fuckin superb

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 07:12:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You don't live in America.
you never know about pre-cum 

Tracer

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 07:17:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
You don't live in America.
Trump voter spotted! America isn't a country... I live in North America just like Mexicans so we kill ducks, make duck confit and ride into other nations to steal their oil!

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2016, 07:45:35 PM »
I work in the meat department at Sprouts Farmers Market, a pretty young grocery store in the US. If I could afford it, I would love to shop at a Local Butcher shop. I don't know how the prices are in Canadia, but I know at a couple "Local Butcher" shops here I've seen prices such as $10/lb for ground beef (grass fed of course) $12/lb for sausage (local pork) and $26/lb for Rib eye steaks (Grass fed) which just isn't realistic for most people. At Sprouts we offer All Natual meats that as far as I know aren't given any extra antibiotics (only when the animal is sick and not at all 100 days before slaughter) and no added enhancers or solutions. Our all natural beef sells for $5-7/lb for ground beef (regular price, we are running a sale now for $2.99/lb for 85% lean which is a great price) and $7.49/lb for grass fed (sometimes $4.99 on sale). Rib eyes run $12.99/lb for all natural (sometimes as low as 8.99 on sale) and $18.99/lb regular price for Grass Fed. Our all natural sausage is $4-5/lb and made fresh in house every couple days. Our all natural chicken prices are also very reasonable especially comparing them to the quality of other grocery stores. Sprouts calls us an "Old Tyme Butcher Shop" (although we are not butchers because no whole animals are broken down, we are actually meat cutters) but we do custom cut anything for customers which a lot of regular grocery stores don't do. So that's cool too. I'm not arguing that organic or grass fed or local or whatever isn't better, but I'm totally agreeing with Jumping Beans in saying get real you fuckin kook. Also, that's so fucking sick Eric!
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Eric ricks

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2016, 07:56:56 PM »
I work in the meat department at Sprouts Farmers Market, a pretty young grocery store in the US. If I could afford it, I would love to shop at a Local Butcher shop. I don't know how the prices are in Canadia, but I know at a couple "Local Butcher" shops here I've seen prices such as $10/lb for ground beef (grass fed of course) $12/lb for sausage (local pork) and $26/lb for Rib eye steaks (Grass fed) which just isn't realistic for most people. At Sprouts we offer All Natual meats that as far as I know aren't given any extra antibiotics (only when the animal is sick and not at all 100 days before slaughter) and no added enhancers or solutions. Our all natural beef sells for $5-7/lb for ground beef (regular price, we are running a sale now for $2.99/lb for 85% lean which is a great price) and $7.49/lb for grass fed (sometimes $4.99 on sale). Rib eyes run $12.99/lb for all natural (sometimes as low as 8.99 on sale) and $18.99/lb regular price for Grass Fed. Our all natural sausage is $4-5/lb and made fresh in house every couple days. Our all natural chicken prices are also very reasonable especially comparing them to the quality of other grocery stores. Sprouts calls us an "Old Tyme Butcher Shop" (although we are not butchers because no whole animals are broken down, we are actually meat cutters) but we do custom cut anything for customers which a lot of regular grocery stores don't do. So that's cool too. I'm not arguing that organic or grass fed or local or whatever isn't better, but I'm totally agreeing with Jumping Beans in saying get real you fuckin kook. Also, that's so fucking sick Eric!

Cool man!

I do eyeball mcanadian prices and they fluctuate alot. A few weeks ago it was 14.99/lb for beef, now its gone back down to a regular price range of about $9/lb. All the beef, chicken, pork, fish etc all went up at that time.

Fish is basically free for me. All my gear is paid for and its 40 odd dollars for a 2 year sport fishing license, 28 for conservative.

Same with my bird license.

Moose and deer are cheap too considering its basically a once a year thing.

We get about 500lbs(give or take from a good moose), and about 120 ish lbs from a deer and thats meat for a year, easily. Saves a ton of cash and I enjoy being out in nature.

I catch and release alot of fish unless we plan a meal. Because if the limit is 4 fish, if its in your freezer(yuck) you still have your limit and cant keep anymore of that species. I never eat frozen fish, just fresh

Eric ricks

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2016, 08:07:29 PM »
We have 3 huskies too, so to say they are well fed is an understatement lol.

Im trying to learn to tan hides too with a local trapper and thats pretty fun!

Use it all up!!!!

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2016, 08:36:11 PM »
i bought in to a 'cow share' 1/16th of a cow that's ready in july. going up to marin to visit the farm this summer. that's about the whitest thing i have ever typed.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2016, 08:40:03 PM »
so tight Eric, I've never hunted but would love to try it and whole animal butchery is on my to do list for sure. I know some butcher shops offer whole pig classes which I'm gonna try to do soon. Max that was hilarious haha. Do you know about how much beef you are going to get? And did you pre pick what cuts you get since there is a small amount of some? Also do you get to participate in the breaking down of the animal?
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Eric ricks

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2016, 08:50:23 PM »
i bought in to a 'cow share' 1/16th of a cow that's ready in july. going up to marin to visit the farm this summer. that's about the whitest thing i have ever typed.

I did this one year for half a cow, but it included fresh produce every saturday and as much herbs/flowers as you wanted. Plus we got some nice chickens.

Its was a great farm, awesome people! Taught us canning too which is awesome!

I forget the cost(wanna say $2500) but it was WELL worth it!

Unfortunately they couldnt succeed and ended up moving.

At the end of the day we didnt really need it but that year I was working during moose/deer season so....

But yeah, wish I had the time/space for a nice garden.

We do go and harvest some berries, dandelion, mint, mushrooms, wild onion etc

Teaching our kids and they love it!

And dandelion wine is pretty damn good if ya never tried it!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 09:43:16 PM »
I bought into a farm share and the crazy lady took off with our money.....I had to hand it to her....we deserved it.....

shit_for_brains

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2016, 09:53:05 PM »
I just go to the meat store.

Eric ricks

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 09:59:19 PM »
I just go to the meat store.

Sometimes simple is good! Lol

Remember that good rib thread? I built a smoker and man that makes some tasty foods!

Some will just hit up a rib shop others will make em on their own.

Both are just fine

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2016, 12:10:51 AM »
support your local diego bucchieri

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2016, 02:00:06 AM »

Use it all up!!!!

Damn, kids, Slap and three huskies! You must be fucking exhausted every single night. Are they black and white, corpse paint, black metal huskies?

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2016, 08:04:36 AM »
tracer is so core he even buys his meat from a local butcher shop!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2016, 08:44:00 AM »
Usually in the shower.......oh wait........you said, "BUY your meat?".........nevermind...
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

Eric ricks

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2016, 09:31:36 AM »
Expand Quote

Use it all up!!!!
[close]

Damn, kids, Slap and three huskies! You must be fucking exhausted every single night. Are they black and white, corpse paint, black metal huskies?

Yes im busy as fuck but I need that or I cant sleep.

We have two malamutes, one pure black, one reddish, and one siberian, black white and blue eyes.

Really really good dogs!

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2016, 10:58:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Use it all up!!!!
[close]

[close]

We have two malamutes, one pure black, one reddish, and one siberian, black white and blue eyes.

Really really good dogs!

Those giant stubborn malamutes? You're one lucky man! I heard that most super dogs have tons of problems with joints/knees after a while. I'm a sucker for big dogs, hence can never own one.

Eric ricks

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2016, 12:03:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Use it all up!!!!
[close]

[close]

Really really good dogs!
[close]

Those giant stubborn malamutes? You're one lucky man! I heard that most super dogs have tons of problems with joints/knees after a while. I'm a sucker for big dogs, hence can never own one.

Ours arent stubborn at all??? Maybe they get more stubborn with age? Its my first time having huskies so im not sure?

Our malamutes are 2 and 3 and weigh about 65lbs, our siberian is a little over 1 and she about 40lbs.

They need a fuckton of exercise though. Good thing we live in a tiny town near the bush. They roam the property chasing rabbits and shit, full tilt for like 3 hours a day.

If they were dormant or inside dogs theyd be fuckin huge haha

They will fight/ kill most other animals but other dogs, but they are awesome around kids.

And they suck as guard dogs. You could walk right in our house and they wouldnt even bark haha

Tracer

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2016, 12:30:04 PM »
It all boils down to this- Do you take husky drugs?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2016, 12:49:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Use it all up!!!!
[close]

[close]

Really really good dogs!
[close]

[close]

Ours arent stubborn at all??? Maybe they get more stubborn with age? Its my first time having huskies so im not sure?

Our malamutes are 2 and 3 and weigh about 65lbs, our siberian is a little over 1 and she about 40lbs.

They need a fuckton of exercise though. Good thing we live in a tiny town near the bush. They roam the property chasing rabbits and shit, full tilt for like 3 hours a day.

If they were dormant or inside dogs theyd be fuckin huge haha

They will fight/ kill most other animals but other dogs, but they are awesome around kids.

And they suck as guard dogs. You could walk right in our house and they wouldnt even bark haha

I see, I based my image of malamute on this:

Maybe not the best example. So is the stubborn and the joint thing just hearsay? Cause the moment I get a chance I will probably snap and buy the biggest dog I can!

Again, I'm such a sucker for big dogs. I got to "borrow" a giant white golden (pretty young) from some friends and almost cried when they took the dog back. She was an awesome guard dog, we bonded after just a couple of days. Super loyal and alert against strangers, even though it is not their speciality. Funny when they get their own personalties!

Even though I was a complete junkie wreck, I had no problem going for long-ass walks and doing stuff.

It all boils down to this- Do you take husky drugs?

You should.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 12:52:17 PM by iKobrakai »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2016, 01:00:58 PM »
I fuck with husky drugs. My dog is only 40lbs so I barely get buzzed.