Author Topic: Zero is done  (Read 35632 times)

I SUCK!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Zero is done
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2016, 12:14:50 AM »
I'm stoked you are skating more Jamie and giving Zero more attention.  To me whatever trends are hot there will always be a place in skateboarding for Zero.  Technically my first board was a shop blank, but I remember selling my bass guitar so I could buy a serious setup and I was so happy I got the firebirds deck.  Thanks iSuck!

thanks man! we're re-issuing that firebird deck later this year as a part of our 20 year celebration!!
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2016, 12:19:12 AM »
jamie why haven't you ever put a cap on that chipped front tooth you've had for 20 years? maybe you could get a custom zero skull on one, or a gold tooth with a diamond encrusted crucifix?

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2016, 12:28:18 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm pretty critical of you and the shoe discussion, but am still interested in your part in the new Plus video.  :o

[close]

haha, whats the shoe discussion? was i left out?
...oh and don't get your hopes up for my footage, i only filmed for 1 day with the plus bros, but it was a great time!!!
Actually ran into you that day at Plus when I went to set up a board. You invited my homies and I to come out too but we already had plans to skate downtown. You are a real nice dude and I am glad to hear shit is going good.

Mother Goose.

« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2016, 01:31:24 AM »
remember when i offered you some hardee's. i got you fries at the zero dgk demo. you are solid. never been more impressed. i still have my american zero large in my shed.

Toydivision

« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2016, 01:57:09 AM »
Never ridden a Zero before, the graphics on most of the decks at my local always tend to be uninspiring and somewhat childish (the regular skull deck is the only one I wouldn't mind riding). I see so many other companies stepping up their artwork, I would be more inclined on trying a Zero if they did the same. The videos are sick though, enjoyed the No Cash Value parts, also saw Boserio skating around my city earlier this year, it was awesome to watch.

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2016, 04:34:06 AM »
ISuck, little bit off topic but always wanted to know this. Is there any truth to Rattray following you at a demo in London and doing every trick you did right behind you ?

It's definitely a Chinese whispers thing why he got on in Scotland. Would be rad to know from the horses mouth why you put him on, despite him being one of the raddest skaters/people to ride a board.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 04:42:22 AM by GershonSweaty »

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2016, 04:40:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Did the same artist that does Slave graphics do these?

Just triple his pay and do the same vibe stuff.
[close]

yeah ben horton did these, he was the art director for zero for 10 years and he runs slave and does freelance art and art shows; dude rules

these graphics are rad. just thumbed through some recent zero graphics and they all looked pretty stellar.
good come sausage

zippy z

« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2016, 05:01:14 AM »
Just that you seemed ok with a big company #NB getting into the skateboard market when they were part of Black Box. Anyway, I heard good things about the session and think its great that you are still in contact with shops on such a close level.

Expand Quote
I'm pretty critical of you and the shoe discussion, but am still interested in your part in the new Plus video.  :o

[close]

...oh and don't get your hopes up for my footage, i only filmed for 1 day with the plus bros, but it was a great time!!!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 06:11:10 AM by redux »

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2016, 05:42:48 AM »
Happy to hear the brand is still going Isuck.

Don't engage with Tracer, he is a rollerblading jock and doesn't even skate anymore.

Lasernaut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2016, 05:50:53 AM »
Jamie, is Adrian Lopez still skating/filming? That's one of the dudes I can never get enough of watching but haven't seen lately.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2016, 06:27:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can ISUCK confirm?
[close]
slap needs to stop with these fucking lipstick rumors ...these fucking threads are out of control

[close]

no

just because you like lipstick doesn't mean the rest of us do  :-*

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2016, 06:30:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Where will Boserio go?
[close]

Quasi would be sick.

He films with John Wilson alot, the dude who films alot of the All Timers videos i think. Would be cool to see him on there since they actually drop edits more then once a year

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2016, 07:10:20 AM »
I SUCK! While you're answering questions there is something I've been wanting to ask you for years. Do I have permission to rip?
Thanks for your time, appreciate it.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2016, 08:08:38 AM »
jamie why haven't you ever put a cap on that chipped front tooth you've had for 20 years? maybe you could get a custom zero skull on one, or a gold tooth with a diamond encrusted crucifix?

no need, it works fine and i think it adds character

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm pretty critical of you and the shoe discussion, but am still interested in your part in the new Plus video.  :o

[close]

[close]
Actually ran into you that day at Plus when I went to set up a board. You invited my homies and I to come out too but we already had plans to skate downtown. You are a real nice dude and I am glad to hear shit is going good.

thanks dude, hopefully we can skate next time
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2016, 08:25:17 AM »
Turn JS pro

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2016, 08:35:49 AM »
ISuck, little bit off topic but always wanted to know this. Is there any truth to Rattray following you at a demo in London and doing every trick you did right behind you ?

It's definitely a Chinese whispers thing why he got on in Scotland. Would be rad to know from the horses mouth why you put him on, despite him being one of the raddest skaters/people to ride a board.

haha, sorry to kill the whispers, but that never happened; rattray rules
he got on because after traveling and skating with him on the video radio tour for a few weeks, i realized he was as you said one of the raddest skaters/people to ride a board and he mentioned that he wanted to try and make the move to the states, so i offered him a spot on the team and agreed to help him make the move. he's still one of my favorites

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2016, 08:36:57 AM »
remember when i offered you some hardee's. i got you fries at the zero dgk demo. you are solid. never been more impressed. i still have my american zero large in my shed.

haha, thanks for the hardees! break that AZ shirt out for Zero's 20th birthday this year!

Never ridden a Zero before, the graphics on most of the decks at my local always tend to be uninspiring and somewhat childish (the regular skull deck is the only one I wouldn't mind riding). I see so many other companies stepping up their artwork, I would be more inclined on trying a Zero if they did the same. The videos are sick though, enjoyed the No Cash Value parts, also saw Boserio skating around my city earlier this year, it was awesome to watch.

i agree we have had phases of kiddie graphics, but I have been focused on involving the team & making rad shit a lot more over the past year. things are also only going to get better as we focus our undivided attention on zero.

yeah, brass rules.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2016, 08:37:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Did the same artist that does Slave graphics do these?

Just triple his pay and do the same vibe stuff.
[close]

yeah ben horton did these, he was the art director for zero for 10 years and he runs slave and does freelance art and art shows; dude rules

[close]

these graphics are rad. just thumbed through some recent zero graphics and they all looked pretty stellar.

cheers!

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2016, 08:46:10 AM »
Just that you seemed ok with a big company #NB getting into the skateboard market when they were part of Black Box. Anyway, I heard good things about the session and think its great that you are still in contact with shops on such a close level.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm pretty critical of you and the shoe discussion, but am still interested in your part in the new Plus video.  :o

[close]

[close]

i collaborated w new balance because i saw where things were going and i felt that having the most conscious athletic brand in history as an ally would benefit fallen by being able to share/keep good sales reps, distributors and support the overhead of fallen and the distribution. i felt like it was our best chance at survival, but a factory and circumstances out of my control ruined the relationship w nb, so we went back to braving the shoe market on our own for as long as we could.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2016, 08:53:52 AM »
Jamie, is Adrian Lopez still skating/filming? That's one of the dudes I can never get enough of watching but haven't seen lately.

lopes has been focused on his brand loser, but we still get to skate from time to time. hopefully he gets inspired to film some stuff soon

Turn JS pro
haha, he's got to film a part and get on the team first

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1286
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #140 on: May 05, 2016, 09:01:45 AM »
hey jamie, would you rather have to hang with steve berra for 10 minutes or have a bear bite off your dick? also remember it can't grow back.
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

whaaaaat

• Rep: 47
« Reply #141 on: May 05, 2016, 09:20:42 AM »
Jaime, when I was 14 (16 years ago) I was trying to reach you to get some donations for our towns skate park fund.  My dad April Fooled me and had his friend call the house and pretend to be you.  I was so stoked, and then so bummed haha.   It was for the Puyallup, WA skatepark.  My sister used to baby sit for a lady who said she was friends with your wife - I guess she's from Puyallup?  Anyway, you did send a box up - thank you!

zippy z

« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2016, 09:52:07 AM »
That's about what I figured. Thanks for taking the time to reply to all the questions.

Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

i collaborated w new balance because i saw where things were going and i felt that having the most conscious athletic brand in history as an ally would benefit fallen by being able to share/keep good sales reps, distributors and support the overhead of fallen and the distribution. i felt like it was our best chance at survival, but a factory and circumstances out of my control ruined the relationship w nb, so we went back to braving the shoe market on our own for as long as we could.

Alphonse

• Rep: 6
  • "You know, I didn't ask to be this big."
« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2016, 10:03:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Going to Dwindle was a mistake so there's no chance I support Zero anymore
[close]

haha, as if you were supporting the brand before

Fuck, that made me laugh. That Ben Horton series looks killer.

busted-knee

• Rep: -12
« Reply #144 on: May 05, 2016, 10:38:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Agreed. I'm stoked on the new Ben Horton graphics. Great job. Keep them coming and perhaps give Rowley a guest board?

Also, answer the Berra-bear question iSuck!

brwrxstl

• Rep: -71
    • Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #145 on: May 05, 2016, 01:05:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

So is Horton not with Slave anymore or is like Slave done? That would be sick to see him back with Zero but not at the expense of Slave(obviously)

Actually the last Zero deck I skated was from Horton's last series with them back in like '07.

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #146 on: May 05, 2016, 01:20:41 PM »
So is Horton not with Slave anymore or is like Slave done? That would be sick to see him back with Zero but not at the expense of Slave(obviously)

he runs slave and does freelance art and art shows; dude rules

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #147 on: May 05, 2016, 01:23:34 PM »
Does any one know what the x-15 concave is like? It seems that's what's listed for almost all their boards.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #148 on: May 05, 2016, 01:46:32 PM »
I SUCK! While you're answering questions there is something I've been wanting to ask you for years. Do I have permission to rip?

dang..i guess 'Permission denied' soldier.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #149 on: May 05, 2016, 02:19:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

dang..i guess 'Permission denied' soldier.
Wait wait wait, I'm not giving up 'till I hear it from the Chief's own keyboard. Again I SUCK, do I have permission to rip?