Author Topic: Zero is done  (Read 35629 times)

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 700
  • Speculatnaciousness?
Re: Zero is done
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2016, 02:26:52 PM »
I think our main priority here should be getting Chuck D his windbreaker back.  I think he'd help us.

I have an American Zero long sleeve T.  It has a TumYeto label so you know it's OG, if that'll help.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

7 year old

« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2016, 02:32:03 PM »
fuck all of that, what's the deal with Forrest Edwards?

straight

« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2016, 02:35:23 PM »
where's the best BBQ in SD?

7 year old

« Reply #153 on: May 05, 2016, 02:35:58 PM »
you son of a bitch, dont you dare bury my Forrest question

I SUCK!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2016, 03:23:09 PM »
Does any one know what the x-15 concave is like? It seems that's what's listed for almost all their boards.
x-15 is a medium concave; not too flat & not too steep.

hey jamie, would you rather have to hang with steve berra for 10 minutes or have a bear bite off your dick? also remember it can't grow back.

i went on a trip w/ berra to australia in 95 and it was the first time I'd ever left the country. it was so fun and we've gotten along great ever since. i'd hang out w him any day; f the bear

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I SUCK! While you're answering questions there is something I've been wanting to ask you for years. Do I have permission to rip?
Thanks for your time, appreciate it.
[close]

dang..i guess 'Permission denied' soldier.
[close]
Wait wait wait, I'm not giving up 'till I hear it from the Chief's own keyboard. Again I SUCK, do I have permission to rip?

i never said that shit in the first place, so there's no reason to even act like that's a real question
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #155 on: May 05, 2016, 03:26:14 PM »
Expand Quote
ISuck, little bit off topic but always wanted to know this. Is there any truth to Rattray following you at a demo in London and doing every trick you did right behind you ?

It's definitely a Chinese whispers thing why he got on in Scotland. Would be rad to know from the horses mouth why you put him on, despite him being one of the raddest skaters/people to ride a board.
[close]

haha, sorry to kill the whispers, but that never happened; rattray rules
he got on because after traveling and skating with him on the video radio tour for a few weeks, i realized he was as you said one of the raddest skaters/people to ride a board and he mentioned that he wanted to try and make the move to the states, so i offered him a spot on the team and agreed to help him make the move. he's still one of my favorites

Haha cheers for clearing that up. Never seemed to make too much sense; that rumour.

It meant a lot to see someone from Scotland get on such a legit company.

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #156 on: May 05, 2016, 03:36:03 PM »
I think our main priority here should be getting Chuck D his windbreaker back.  I think he'd help us.

I have an American Zero long sleeve T.  It has a TumYeto label so you know it's OG, if that'll help.
Hey thanks man! Truth is, though, I just wanted to be Ellington and that dream died a long time ago anyway. I used to practice pushing the way he does in the windbreaker line...

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #157 on: May 05, 2016, 03:55:42 PM »

first off, i think forrest is rad and i love his skating.
that said, it is no secret that he is socially awkward and hard to work with. we knew that going into it, but he would go through phases of being really cool then being totally impossible to work w.

we planned to drop a part, an ad & and interview with the release of his board, but he never came through with the ad or the interview and most of the footage we got 30 days before the deadline was a mix of repeat tricks, already seen stuff from instagram, commercials and homie videos, so we didnt have enough footage for a part.

based on how difficult it was going to be just to release him, i felt like we were setting ourselves up for disappointment, so i pulled the plug.
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

shit_for_brains

« Reply #158 on: May 05, 2016, 04:10:02 PM »
When were you at Plus? Call my secretary next time.

7 year old

« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2016, 04:58:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

first off, i think forrest is rad and i love his skating.
that said, it is no secret that he is socially awkward and hard to work with. we knew that going into it, but he would go through phases of being really cool then being totally impossible to work w.

we planned to drop a part, an ad & and interview with the release of his board, but he never came through with the ad or the interview and most of the footage we got 30 days before the deadline was a mix of repeat tricks, already seen stuff from instagram, commercials and homie videos, so we didnt have enough footage for a part.

based on how difficult it was going to be just to release him, i felt like we were setting ourselves up for disappointment, so i pulled the plug.

thanks for the rundown. im stoked you gave him a chance.

Toydivision

« Reply #160 on: May 05, 2016, 05:18:44 PM »

Expand Quote
Never ridden a Zero before, the graphics on most of the decks at my local always tend to be uninspiring and somewhat childish (the regular skull deck is the only one I wouldn't mind riding). I see so many other companies stepping up their artwork, I would be more inclined on trying a Zero if they did the same. The videos are sick though, enjoyed the No Cash Value parts, also saw Boserio skating around my city earlier this year, it was awesome to watch.
[close]

i agree we have had phases of kiddie graphics, but I have been focused on involving the team & making rad shit a lot more over the past year. things are also only going to get better as we focus our undivided attention on zero.

yeah, brass rules.

Sick, I'll look forward to upcoming graphics! Might cop a Burman or Boserio deck if I see a sweet one in 8.5 :)

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #161 on: May 05, 2016, 07:55:23 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm stoked you are skating more Jamie and giving Zero more attention.  To me whatever trends are hot there will always be a place in skateboarding for Zero.  Technically my first board was a shop blank, but I remember selling my bass guitar so I could buy a serious setup and I was so happy I got the firebirds deck.  Thanks iSuck!

[close]

thanks man! we're re-issuing that firebird deck later this year as a part of our 20 year celebration!!

Yes! I definitely need to buy at LEAST one of those.  Enjoy this celebration, you earned it.

And your answers about Forrest and everything else has been so understandable and professional I respect that.  I can't imagine what it is like to start a company back in the "wild" days when board-sponsor consideration was serious to the image, but now money rules all and "keeping it real" is insanely difficult.  I owned a shop and failed because I kept it real, so I seriously relate.

Keep it up Jamie Thomas, you are one of my heroes!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 07:57:54 PM by Budo »
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #162 on: May 05, 2016, 09:58:05 PM »
Hi Jamie!
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #163 on: May 05, 2016, 10:22:44 PM »
Also since zero is at dwindle im surprised they havent had a double impact board in there line up yet, whats the deal with that?

theradone

• Rep: 4
« Reply #164 on: May 05, 2016, 10:54:07 PM »
Can we get a No Cash Value Franky Villani part?!

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #165 on: May 05, 2016, 11:37:00 PM »
Hi Jamie!

Hello Gipper, hope you've been well!

Also since zero is at dwindle im surprised they havent had a double impact board in there line up yet, whats the deal with that?
I think double impact is overkill, so I've chosen to not do it.

Can we get a No Cash Value Franky Villani part?!

we're working on it!!!

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #166 on: May 06, 2016, 12:27:59 AM »
What are your thoughts on Koston hitting Roberto Aleman with the laugh cry emoji?

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #167 on: May 06, 2016, 12:55:43 AM »
jamie there was a photo of you doing a frontside bluntslide on a (green?) rail, sporting yellow dyed and short hair, around 1993-1995 possibly. cant remember which mag or whether it was an advert or just a pic. everything about the pic was RAD af. it was very inspiring and helped me learn the trick.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
« Reply #168 on: May 06, 2016, 05:03:25 AM »
hey chief, keep it up!
ok

jomeara1

« Reply #169 on: May 06, 2016, 06:20:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Going to Dwindle was a mistake so there's no chance I support Zero anymore
[close]

haha, as if you were supporting the brand before
[close]

Fuck, that made me laugh. That Ben Horton series looks killer.

[close]

Agreed. I'm stoked on the new Ben Horton graphics. Great job. Keep them coming and perhaps give Rowley a guest board?

Also, answer the Berra-bear question iSuck!

So about that Rowley guest board..

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #170 on: May 06, 2016, 07:13:18 AM »
Jamie, I have a board you shot the cover of Transworld in Bama awhile back. Its the Alabama state flag board..if you want it back ill ship it to you for your Garage Days.
I got it from Peter at faith many years ago.

(you used a sharpie to make that faith sticker black and red)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 08:06:57 AM by ALABAMAMAN »

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1272
« Reply #171 on: May 06, 2016, 04:36:21 PM »
stoked the rumor is false

misled youth on the vhs queue tonight

excited for no cash value and what chris produces! local shredder

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1384
« Reply #172 on: May 06, 2016, 04:43:03 PM »
Glad Zero isn't done, my first board was a Zero bold and I wore the hell out of Dying To Live as a teen. The company should always be a part of skateboarding.

If you're still into answering questions Jamie, I read that you spent time skating with Sean Young, do you have any good Sean Young stories? 

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
« Reply #173 on: May 06, 2016, 05:26:55 PM »
coming in late just to say that I'm glad Zero's not done, dumb move starting rumours like this, bad for skateboarding.

FAT

• Rep: -20
« Reply #174 on: May 06, 2016, 09:14:35 PM »
If the CHIEF is here reading this, then I got to say: please turn JS pro. He is an absolute talent and a good hearted dude. I hope there's some plan to turn that dude pro someday. Ill buy all his boards fo sho! Plus that franky kid is sick.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #175 on: May 06, 2016, 10:14:36 PM »
I met Jaime at Crossroads at Black Box back in 2011 or 2012. Cool dude.

Got an office tour of black box and scored some Fallen (R.I.P.) samples as well.

That is all.....
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: May 06, 2016, 11:41:02 PM »
What are your thoughts on Koston hitting Roberto Aleman with the laugh cry emoji?
i'm focusing on moving forward; not trying to dwell on what others might be saying or doing

Jamie, I have a board you shot the cover of Transworld in Bama awhile back. Its the Alabama state flag board..if you want it back ill ship it to you for your Garage Days.
I got it from Peter at faith many years ago.
(you used a sharpie to make that faith sticker black and red)
rad, i'd be down to trade you something for it; can you DM @garagedayscollection on IG

So about that Rowley guest board..
rowel's sick, but i think he's working on a brand right?

jamie there was a photo of you doing a frontside bluntslide on a (green?) rail, sporting yellow dyed and short hair, around 1993-1995 possibly. cant remember which mag or whether it was an advert or just a pic. everything about the pic was RAD af. it was very inspiring and helped me learn the trick.

here's a cropped version of that photo my buddy sent me

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #177 on: May 06, 2016, 11:50:23 PM »
Glad Zero isn't done, my first board was a Zero bold and I wore the hell out of Dying To Live as a teen. The company should always be a part of skateboarding.

If you're still into answering questions Jamie, I read that you spent time skating with Sean Young, do you have any good Sean Young stories? 
sean young was one of the best, he was the first person I ever saw do a 360 flip; it was just after j lee had a trick tips in the mag. he also was doing ollie impossible before anyone in the southeast. he never knew or cared how good he was. i wish he still skated, but last i spoke to him he was running a construction company and really into poker. he wants to make it to the world series

If the CHIEF is here reading this, then I got to say: please turn JS pro. He is an absolute talent and a good hearted dude. I hope there's some plan to turn that dude pro someday. Ill buy all his boards fo sho! Plus that franky kid is sick.
js has to film a part and get on the team first; i agree though he rips and is super cool!!

I met Jaime at Crossroads at Black Box back in 2011 or 2012. Cool dude.

Got an office tour of black box and scored some Fallen (R.I.P.) samples as well.

That is all.....

thanks tate!

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2016, 03:11:58 AM »
I'm glad that Zero is still breathing, although I'll always have resentment for them for not releasing those Forrest boards. Get him a full time filmer and take him to all the famous spots and he'll have a part in a week!!

But yeah I feel like things are gonna be taking a turn from the artsy ''fun'' no-comply stuff towards some gnarly rail chomping again. I still love all that weird and creative shit, but it's starting to get played out. Time to go get some hammers! Gonna buy a Zero board next!

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2016, 03:32:04 AM »
Maybe it should be obvious, but who is this JS?