Author Topic: New Pappalardo part?  (Read 19960 times)

MonistatOne

Re: New Pappalardo part?
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2016, 06:44:35 PM »
I have never understood the hype on Pops.

in on semiannual 10+ page Pops thread

Xtal.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -406
  • Less is more stay pure, stay poor
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2016, 06:57:06 PM »
I kinda wanna see pappalardo on quasi

themanwhomakes

• Rep: -5
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2016, 07:22:06 PM »
I'm pretty sure that on the brian wenning episode of the tim o'connor show, they both said something along the lines of him being the best skater in the alien/habitat crew back then.
One post in and he's threatening pro skaters with violence over their shitty bands. Best first post ever?

Dave Fuck

• Rep: -6
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2016, 10:05:20 PM »

I'd also like to see this happen.

hsggreen

• Rep: 30
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2016, 10:30:00 PM »
can't wait

dkn

• Rep: -27
  • to be all ways to be all ways to be all ways to be
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2016, 10:33:03 PM »
PAPPALARDO ON QUASI

popps was ahead of his time in fully flared.. and static 3 really pushed in that same direction, what an amazing period

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2016, 12:42:02 AM »
I think whether you like Pappalardo or not everyone wants to see a part because that means either party is vindicated. It would be rad if he came out of nowhere and killed it but at the same time if he sucked and it was below par it would put a fucking nail in this coffin.

Sometimes great people just fade into the back ground and become stories and sometimes people just have a very public descent into mediocrity and instability.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 12:47:37 AM by GershonSweaty »

ZEBRA

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2016, 12:53:23 AM »
How is this thread not to 10 pages yet?? This is SLAP, right??

Seriously though, I'll be stoked when this comes out. One of my favorites. It'll be interesting to see, cause it'll all be stuff Pop's wants to use. He has no sponsors or anybody telling what he can can't use. I imagine he's completely hands on, on this. He has been talking about this for a few years now though. Fat Bill saying it's coming soon gives me some hope though.

Hopefully we get a Pop's resurgence. Don't call it a comeback if it happens, though.

The Lap Dancer

• Rep: -49
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2016, 04:15:20 AM »
Fuck, since when we value skateboarders or how good or "average" they are by measuring just how technical or how many flip tricks they have in their part? Fuck this jock mentality. I personally enjoyed his part in the Fully Flared video the most. Their part is their expression, if they change their skating or their style, that doesn't necessarily mean they weren't able to skate that way anymore, they just didn't feel like it and wanted to change. Just accept it, you whether enjoy or feel it, or you don't. Skateboarding is not a competition for the "best part". Pops is kinda pessimistic, but it's his opinion and view and skateboarding in nowadays really seems pessimistic the direction it's going and how generic most of the kids taste and view is.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 04:21:08 AM by The Lap Dancer »
the lap dancer ...more like the slap cancer.

Mcfctid

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2016, 04:53:38 AM »
After I got back into skating in 2015 (stopped in 2006) I was bummed to see that pops was no longer on chocolate, or any sponsor for that matter but have been keeping up on instagram.  I think he's filming a part, but as was stated earlier it will be on his terms.  I hope it's true. But I also hope this is a "comeback", I'm not too keen on riding pro boards, but I'd definitely ride a pappalardo board. Also anyone ever heard of this guy?   

asakusa75

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2016, 05:59:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I have never understood the hype on Pops. I've watched all of his parts and while he is talented, he is at par with anyone else in the skateboard world, if not below. His Fans, and even pops himself have essentially claimed that "he was ahead of his time", which is easily a piece of shit wall to hide his ability on a board. I like his skating, but people need to stop putting this pessimistic fool on a pedestal.

He is was a completely average professional skateboarder. He will not come out with new part because he knows he would let the people that like him down, so he hides behind the curtain building this unfulfilling suspense for something will never arise.
[close]
Dude was doing nollie crooks on handrails, and nollie heel fs noseslide on ledges in like 2000 when he was still in high school. Watch his photo part again. To say he has was below par is really fucking dumb.
[close]

Yeah, I understand.

But every pro has that breakthrough part, right? Mike Mo, Guy, AO everyone has their shining moment.

I was more so referring to people saying his FF part was ahead of its time, which is not true.
Either way, I don't understand the hype behind him, and never will.

Oi...you can't put these three dudes together.  It doesn't work.

BraveUlysses*

• Rep: 4
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2016, 06:07:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd also like to see this happen.
Hahaha. Everyone on Quasi is really good at skateboarding. A good amount of people who post here skate better than Pops does now & with better style.

wattscain

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2016, 06:49:10 AM »
Fuck, since when we value skateboarders or how good or "average" they are by measuring just how technical or how many flip tricks they have in their part? Fuck this jock mentality. I personally enjoyed his part in the Fully Flared video the most. Their part is their expression, if they change their skating or their style, that doesn't necessarily mean they weren't able to skate that way anymore, they just didn't feel like it and wanted to change. Just accept it, you whether enjoy or feel it, or you don't. Skateboarding is not a competition for the "best part". Pops is kinda pessimistic, but it's his opinion and view and skateboarding in nowadays really seems pessimistic the direction it's going and how generic most of the kids taste and view is.

You're right, skateboarding is not a competition for the "best part." Skateboarding for sponsors who give you a paycheck is a competition for the "best part."

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1280
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2016, 07:23:11 AM »

I always thought his IE part was his best, but there's no denying how legendary the intro commercial to Alien was for him and Wenning.

damn dude i feel like i had seen clips from that but not the entire thing, that was a great start to my day. cheers!

the change falling out of his pocket in fully flared was way ahead of its time. people still sleep on it.

"youre talking to me like a animal not like a human being"

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2016, 07:33:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I have never understood the hype on Pops. I've watched all of his parts and while he is talented, he is at par with anyone else in the skateboard world, if not below. His Fans, and even pops himself have essentially claimed that "he was ahead of his time", which is easily a piece of shit wall to hide his ability on a board. I like his skating, but people need to stop putting this pessimistic fool on a pedestal.

He is was a completely average professional skateboarder. He will not come out with new part because he knows he would let the people that like him down, so he hides behind the curtain building this unfulfilling suspense for something will never arise.
[close]
Dude was doing nollie crooks on handrails, and nollie heel fs noseslide on ledges in like 2000 when he was still in high school. Watch his photo part again. To say he has was below par is really fucking dumb.
[close]

Yeah, I understand.

But every pro has that breakthrough part, right? Mike Mo, Guy, AO everyone has their shining moment.

I was more so referring to people saying his FF part was ahead of its time, which is not true.
Either way, I don't understand the hype behind him, and never will.
[close]

Oi...you can't put these three dudes together.  It doesn't work.

Yes, Alex Olson never had anything worth anyone's time.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2016, 09:27:30 AM »
Anyone previously skating to dinosaur jr or nirvana was ahead of their time
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2288
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2016, 09:41:38 AM »
his faked insta photos.

I know, right? Don't know if this has been discussed at length in the multitude of other Popps threads but almost every time I see one if his photos I'm just like "c'mon son."

too much

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2016, 10:05:45 AM »
YO! Skimming this thread got this instrumental stuck in my head

Getty

• Rep: 49
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2016, 11:02:20 AM »
Did someone mention doing a nollie crook on a handrail in 2001 as being progressive? Back to the 90s history books, son...

doublesteveburger

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2016, 04:08:14 PM »
Is he still making those cute ass tables? Those things were way ahead of their time.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2016, 04:51:07 PM »
 ::)
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

mini pebble

• Rep: -43
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2016, 07:47:45 PM »

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -274
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2016, 08:15:25 PM »
Feel bad for Pops  :-\

You really shouldn't.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2016, 08:48:30 PM »
how was he ahead of his time in fully flared? east coast revival? how does one figure this? was there like a globe new york tour i missed?

Have you not notice majority of people on the east coast skate like that now? He was too ahead of the time to post that part because it was the worst part in that video, but if that part got posted today everyone would still think hes killing it

Eric ricks

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2016, 10:50:36 PM »
Expand Quote
how was he ahead of his time in fully flared? east coast revival? how does one figure this? was there like a globe new york tour i missed?

[close]

Have you not notice majority of people on the east coast skate like that now? He was too ahead of the time to post that part because it was the worst part in that video, but if that part got posted today everyone would still think hes killing it

And that confirms how stupid people can be...

SaltyDog

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2016, 11:37:07 PM »

you really see Pops in a van with Gilbert, and Tyler? I sure as hell don't.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2016, 08:42:12 AM »
i wanna see him skating some normal fucking skate shoes.
good come sausage

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2016, 08:53:09 AM »
he doesn't have it anymore. and no..i don't just want to see him push.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2016, 09:31:09 AM »
I hope it doesn't end in the same list as:

Antwuan Dixon - Bangin!
Antwuan Dixon - Double Rock
Pj Ladd - Plan B part
Danny Way - Plan B part
All MJ ideas that Lakai can't keep up with

I trust in Strobeck, if he's saying something, I guess he must already have a good amount of footage.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2016, 09:36:05 AM »
I trust in Strobeck, if he's saying something, I guess he must already have a good amount of footage.
because?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out