Author Topic: Louie interviewed by Chris Roberts  (Read 2806 times)

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
Louie interviewed by Chris Roberts
« on: June 27, 2016, 02:57:37 PM »
Kind of entertaining. Explains the Jimmy Carlin stuff too.
you never know about pre-cum 

Logan Lewis

• Rep: -4
    • TENNSKATE avatar image
Re: Louie interviewed by Chris Roberts
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 03:28:23 PM »
can you briefly describe the jimmy carlin stuff so no one has to watch this?
<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/uAekZWF00Sc5a" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/uAekZWF00Sc5a">via GIPHY</a></p>

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 04:01:25 PM »
Louie let Carlin go cause he wasn't skating and putting in effort. Louie said he was cheating others out on pay and time out traveling.  Also said he didn't have footage for Oververt and they gave what they had to Circa for his new shoe. And then they postponed Oververt thinking he'd have more stuff and he just didn't have enough for a full part. So they let him go which is commendable for Louie and Enjoi. Sort of funny how he is talking to Chris Roberts about this and he almost is categorized as the same type of skater.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 04:09:30 PM »
Louie let Carlin go cause he wasn't skating and putting in effort. Louie said he was cheating others out on pay and time out traveling.  Also said he didn't have footage for Oververt and they gave what they had to Circa for his new shoe. And then they postponed Oververt thinking he'd have more stuff and he just didn't have enough for a full part. So they let him go which is commendable for Louie and Enjoi. Sort of funny how he is talking to Chris Roberts about this and he almost is categorized as the same type of skater.

Do you have this incredible desire for people to like you? Why would you do what that dude asked?
you never know about pre-cum 

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 05:42:12 PM »
Hey thanks but do you think you could do a word for word transcription, please?

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 801
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 08:53:43 PM »
I like this podcast. Hope Chris gets Marc Johnson on soon.

Eskorbut0

• Rep: -2
  • Be careful what you wish for
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 09:36:31 PM »
Sort of funny how he is talking to Chris Roberts about this and he almost is categorized as the same type of skater.

"still good you know, sharing a part", lmao'd after he said that  ;D ;D ;D

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 10:40:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Hey thanks but do you think you could do a word for word transcription, please?
or you could watch it.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 03:11:34 AM »
Louie and Chris are both funny dudes, but they seem to have different styles of humor, which I thought kinda didn't mix too well for some reason, at least at certain parts throughout the interview. There were a few times throughout that episode when Chris would try to make a joke or a witty comment and it seemed like it'd go right over Louies head or he just wouldn't react or vibe with Chris' humor. I dunno, maybe it's just me and I'm just looking too hard into it. But overall it was a pretty rad interview. Louie is one of my all time favs.
Also, Louie completely buried Jimmy Carlin; yeesh, talk about a shoot.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 09:12:01 AM »
"So you bought a car off ebay?"

"Well i bought a jeep"

"Thats a car"

"It's a lifestyle"

This is a great podcast

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 09:27:42 AM »
Pretty rad how Louie seems to have handled it. Jimmy seems to have blown it pretty hard on that one...

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 09:37:06 AM »
Pretty rad how Louie seems to have handled it. Jimmy seems to have blown it pretty hard on that one...

Completely agree. Louie was pretty matter-of-fact about it and was coming from a sincere and respectable place. Totally understand and respect what he had to do.

Chicken in a Can

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 09:42:22 AM »
The part where they talked about the achilles heel and didn't once mention Greek mythology was pretty funny.

Also thought it was interesting that despite what Louie has in life at the current time, he thinks managing a coffee shop was the best job ever and would 'go back to it in a heartbeat.' Money ruins everything.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2016, 10:01:50 AM »
The part where they talked about the achilles heel and didn't once mention Greek mythology was pretty funny.

I thought that was funny too. Like they totally had no idea where the origin came from.

Hopefully Roberts can just get all the Chocolate squad that are now retired from Mike York, Richard Mulder and Scott Johnston. Even a Tim Gavin episode would be good.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2016, 04:24:04 PM »
Chris Roberts talks over the guests a bit too much, good podcasts but I feel like Louie was about to say something interesting and Chris Roberts would interrupt with a story about himself.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 04:30:39 PM »
Chris Roberts talks over the guests a bit too much, good podcasts but I feel like Louie was about to say something interesting and Chris Roberts would interrupt with a story about himself.

Agreed. Also derailing the conversation to talk about how he hits on Instagram girls made me kinda uncomfortable.

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 59
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 04:35:12 PM »
I had absolutely no clue that nollie nasal-bluntin guy skatin in that one Toy Machine video was Mr. Roberts. Seems like I learn something new everyday that really don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 04:40:35 PM »
Like it was stated previously, i found it really awkward and funny that the way Louie explains Jimmy's time at Enjoi sounds exactly the same as how Chris Roberts is presented all these years on Chocolate. Im pretty sure Jimmy has come out with way more footage than Chris ever has.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2016, 04:47:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agreed. Also derailing the conversation to talk about how he hits on Instagram girls made me kinda uncomfortable.

That didn't help

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2016, 05:19:06 PM »
i wish this would have been 2 fucking hours.  i love Louie.

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2016, 10:58:29 PM »
This can become a really cool podcast/youtube thingy if Roberts can widen the scope and interview people who aren't his close homies. Right now it seems to more or less be the West LA/Hotrod/Crailtap type dudes. Not a bad thing per se, but this will be a lot more interesting when the interviewees aren't the dudes that Chris skates with.
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1525
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2016, 06:52:41 AM »
"So you bought a car off ebay?"

"Well i bought a jeep"

"Thats a car"

"It's a lifestyle"

This is a great podcast

Louie for president