Author Topic: Hockey II  (Read 41685 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Hockey II
« Reply #180 on: August 01, 2016, 09:35:06 PM »
hahahaha this is good
but really had no one seen old Ben footage? he's looked exactly the same for like 7 years
I'm not necessarily denying that he didn't, as I said I checked out his insta and it looks like he's generally into some cool hardcore/ grind/ powerviolence stuff so I'm sure that's influencing him. Dill on the other hand ... :D

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Zeep Zander

« Reply #181 on: August 01, 2016, 10:20:54 PM »
Expand Quote
hahahaha this is good
but really had no one seen old Ben footage? he's looked exactly the same for like 7 years
[close]
I'm not necessarily denying that he didn't, as I said I checked out his insta and it looks like he's generally into some cool hardcore/ grind/ powerviolence stuff so I'm sure that's influencing him. Dill on the other hand ... :D

i know! not arguing at all. i really enjoy a lot of your posts on here in general haha. but yeah he is. i met him about 5 years ago and he was showing me all of this crazy music that i thought sucked back then but the older i got the more i appreciated it.

no one has mentioned that ben graduated from culinary school and was a chef in a really nice restaurant before he started skating for a living. if that's not a known fact i hope that gives you guys a bit more insight on him. ben rules

Zeep Zander

« Reply #182 on: August 01, 2016, 10:26:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

sometimes kadow reminds me of a young al bundy. al wore highwaters and al is the coolest
[close]
Has Ben ever scored 4 touchdowns in a single high school football game?
[close]

No but he has a good spot in the woods where he goes to break stuff when his dad yells at him.

this might be the best thing i've read on here in a long time. thank you shit for brains

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #183 on: August 02, 2016, 01:41:33 AM »
Expand Quote
hahahaha this is good
[close]

What's power violence?  Is that like Batman v Superman?  Asking for a friend

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #184 on: August 02, 2016, 02:51:18 AM »

this part is from 2012 and not much has changed style wise!
fuck fashion go skate
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

Triple Double

• Rep: -6
« Reply #185 on: August 02, 2016, 03:04:29 AM »
I'm calling it now, power electronics will be the next hot trend in skateboarding.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #186 on: August 02, 2016, 04:13:18 AM »
Expand Quote
i still can't get past the fact that not once did i see a person with a pair of pants that reached down to their shoes, i don't why its bothering me but it does  ???, sick footage though.
[close]

I still can't get past the fact that people worry about an inch or two gap from pants to shoes

I can't get past the fact that people adults actually bother and take the time to maintain said gap in most of their fits
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #187 on: August 02, 2016, 04:44:35 AM »
This is my favourite promo/short video since Tim & Henry's Pack of Lies. Polar promos come close but this is amazing.

but also never forget

i was not living in the uk when this came out and need some confirmation that it was a killer. i somehow got it on a videotape along with "joybus" and the ideal skate shop video and totally freaked me out with the skating and all
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 04:46:11 AM by Esquivel »
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #188 on: August 02, 2016, 07:05:35 AM »

this part is from 2012 and not much has changed style wise!
fuck fashion go skate
good come sausage

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #189 on: August 02, 2016, 07:11:41 AM »
some dudes in this thread..

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #190 on: August 02, 2016, 08:10:13 AM »
no one has mentioned that ben graduated from culinary school and was a chef in a really nice restaurant before he started skating for a living. if that's not a known fact i hope that gives you guys a bit more insight on him. ben rules

he also used to snowboard, and i think he was am on some company or something. he back lip'ed an 18 stair on a snowboard.

this video rules btw. it's so rad how AA keeps pumping out footage. not slowing down at all..

Zeep Zander

« Reply #191 on: August 02, 2016, 01:16:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

he also used to snowboard, and i think he was am on some company or something. he back lip'ed an 18 stair on a snowboard.

this video rules btw. it's so rad how AA keeps pumping out footage. not slowing down at all..

ha shit that's rad, I didn't know that.

off topic but the photographer cameron strand was am for some snowboarding company before he moved to la to shoot skating

HungUp

• Rep: 40
« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2016, 03:56:43 PM »
I'm calling it now, power electronics will be the next hot trend in skateboarding.
Instead of Bukowski, skaters will quote Peter Sotos every time they want you to know they be readin books n shit. Gonna get grim out here.

Expand Quote
after looking into Burzum, i think they are definitely playing into the skinhead aesthetic. from Dill saying Hockey is the white FA, to the fits, and even the shot of the Asian gentlemen pushing the cart followed by Ben's sarcastic expression.

i don't have a problem with it per say, but it is a very Dill thing to do. of course i don't believe he's courting the racist skateboarder demographic, but yeah using it as a fashion would probably seem a little teenage and questionable to some people.
[close]

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2016, 04:37:19 PM »
Expand Quote
I don't get the Kadow hype. Style is hard on the eyes. Every part he has nearly as many slams as makes and still hasn't proven to have a bag of tricks deeper than about 7 moves.
[close]
There's no one else who skates like him and he's legitimately unpredictable.

Since when are 5050s and boardslides unpredictable?

***Edit: Sorry Grampa it was this guy
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 12:15:01 PM by Clayton »

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #194 on: August 02, 2016, 05:08:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't get the Kadow hype. Style is hard on the eyes. Every part he has nearly as many slams as makes and still hasn't proven to have a bag of tricks deeper than about 7 moves.
[close]
[close]

When someone starts a line with a manual you don't expect them to jump on a triple kinker straight after

Grampa

• Rep: 146
« Reply #195 on: August 02, 2016, 05:22:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Instead of Bukowski, skaters will quote Peter Sotos every time they want you to know they be readin books n shit. Gonna get grim out here.

Ha, the next FA/Hockey vid will be set to nothing but Whitehouse and Sotos' "Buyer's Market". Random VHS splices of Salo thrown in to drive the message home. How much transgressive art can you take?

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Why am I being quoted as saying something I never said?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #196 on: August 02, 2016, 05:36:47 PM »
What's power violence?  Is that like Batman v Superman?  Asking for a friend
start here and then work your way both backwards and forwards

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

baby dick

• Rep: 7
« Reply #197 on: August 02, 2016, 05:37:38 PM »
how old is ben kadow?

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #198 on: August 02, 2016, 05:58:42 PM »
how old is ben kadow?
21 according to my research.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #199 on: August 02, 2016, 07:20:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Ha, the next FA/Hockey vid will be set to nothing but Whitehouse and Sotos' "Buyer's Market". Random VHS splices of Salo thrown in to drive the message home. How much transgressive art can you take?

I'm seriously backing this.  Free photocopies of Sotos' Pure with every deck purchase.

party_toes

• Rep: 3
« Reply #200 on: August 03, 2016, 01:12:40 AM »
back Ben.  AA is trust.  Pipsqueak grown.  John been big.  Hockey good. 
76 year old Herman looks more like current Herman than current Herman does.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -625
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #201 on: August 03, 2016, 04:06:12 AM »
minus AA this whole fucking team is backed by nike, and if you dont think Cons is nike youre clueless.

not exactly core. 

i fucking loved the edit though.  i dont have a problem with nike but its silly to claim you arent down with nike and worship this team that is basically supported by them. 
where is home?

HungUp

• Rep: 40
« Reply #202 on: August 03, 2016, 06:14:13 AM »
^^^^ Believe it or not, you can back the skaters and still not buy Nike if that's your prerogative. Buy their hard goods. Buy their clothes. Or not. Dope skaters have had whack sponsors since the dawn of skate. Don't buy shit that bums you out.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I'm seriously backing this.  Free photocopies of Sotos' Pure with every deck purchase.
Dark... but yeah fuck it, I'm backing it. You're welcome Dill.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Why am I being quoted as saying something I never said?
I ask my lady the same thing all the time.

bo golden

« Reply #203 on: August 03, 2016, 07:12:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
When someone starts a line with a manual you don't expect them to jump on a triple kinker straight after

it almost looked like he was going to manual to the rail.

CHANCHO

• Rep: -25
  • IAMIYAM
« Reply #204 on: August 03, 2016, 07:50:41 AM »

OMG did you seen what ben kadow and AA were wearing?  I mean kadow is pretty cool but he would look soo much better if he just took some fashion notes from AA.  I mean what the hell his skinhead look is soo contrived and its fetching summer and he looks so negative.  I heard he was a psycho racist who hates asians but thats just a rumor I'm spreading.  Im such a betch.  I think I'm going to steal AA's polo swag but I need all you guys to tell everyone I started the trend last summer when I wore my dads polo on laundry day. But seriously though omg ben kadow his body language is so cynical and its like he doesn't even care about anything.  He's like so unpredictable but in like a dangerous sexy way you know?  I mean the only reason he's hot is because he's wearing supreme, I could look that hot if I changed up my swag.  Right girls?  I mean seriously, I don't even care about ben or AA, supreme is for losers anyway.  These hot new bitches think they got the swag but I still got it, right girls??  O.M.G. GRETCHEN, ARE YOU WEARING YOUR FUCKING KEYCHAIN ON YOUR PANTS OMG YOU SAID SUPREME WAS FUCKING LAME BUT I KNEW DEEP DOWN YOU SECRETLY THOUGHT IT WAS COOL YOU FUCKING BITCH.  YOUR NOT EVEN FUCKING CORE AND YOU FUCKING TREND HOPPED ALL THROUGH 2015.  UGHHH I'M UNFOLLOWING YOU I LITERALLY CANT EVEN RIGHT NOW.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #205 on: August 03, 2016, 08:38:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

what the fuuck, that makes him even gnarlier

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

doublesteveburger

« Reply #206 on: August 03, 2016, 10:43:58 AM »

OMG did you seen what ben kadow and AA were wearing?  I mean kadow is pretty cool but he would look soo much better if he just took some fashion notes from AA.  I mean what the hell his skinhead look is soo contrived and its fetching summer and he looks so negative.  I heard he was a psycho racist who hates asians but thats just a rumor I'm spreading.  Im such a betch.  I think I'm going to steal AA's polo swag but I need all you guys to tell everyone I started the trend last summer when I wore my dads polo on laundry day. But seriously though omg ben kadow his body language is so cynical and its like he doesn't even care about anything.  He's like so unpredictable but in like a dangerous sexy way you know?  I mean the only reason he's hot is because he's wearing supreme, I could look that hot if I changed up my swag.  Right girls?  I mean seriously, I don't even care about ben or AA, supreme is for losers anyway.  These hot new bitches think they got the swag but I still got it, right girls??  O.M.G. GRETCHEN, ARE YOU WEARING YOUR FUCKING KEYCHAIN ON YOUR PANTS OMG YOU SAID SUPREME WAS FUCKING LAME BUT I KNEW DEEP DOWN YOU SECRETLY THOUGHT IT WAS COOL YOU FUCKING BITCH.  YOUR NOT EVEN FUCKING CORE AND YOU FUCKING TREND HOPPED ALL THROUGH 2015.  UGHHH I'M UNFOLLOWING YOU I LITERALLY CANT EVEN RIGHT NOW.

Yeah, but how do you REALLY feel?

spazz attack

• Rep: -15
« Reply #207 on: August 03, 2016, 04:48:32 PM »
Andrew should skàte Marco Forrester school,by his house,jason Jones did.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #208 on: August 05, 2016, 08:06:52 AM »
the brunette chick from mean girls is a mega babe. i hope she's doing well.
good come sausage

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #209 on: August 05, 2016, 01:54:34 PM »
Andrew Allen is such a hard shit-eater.