Author Topic: VX1000 General Discussion (gear/set-ups, filming/editing, tips/advice, etc.)  (Read 69735 times)

Mac Berg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
  • VX1000 SLC, UT
Hey I recently got one of my spacers stuck in the thread of my vx. Mustve screwed it on a bit too tight and now I cant seem to get it to budge.

Anyone ever have this happen before? any tips to get it out would be greatly appreciated!

I had one that was STUCK stuck, pliers didn't help at all. The solution: use a rubber band. Like put a rubber band around the spacer itself, and then just twist it off with your hand. Worked instantly.
Is there any money in skateboarding film anymore?
I dunno about money, but the fun is boomin.

BJM

• Rep: 0
Expand Quote
Hey I recently got one of my spacers stuck in the thread of my vx. Mustve screwed it on a bit too tight and now I cant seem to get it to budge.

Anyone ever have this happen before? any tips to get it out would be greatly appreciated!
[close]

I had one that was STUCK stuck, pliers didn't help at all. The solution: use a rubber band. Like put a rubber band around the spacer itself, and then just twist it off with your hand. Worked instantly.

Pliers wouldn't work for me either. Gonna give the rubber band a try! Thanks a ton

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
    • tumblr
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Pliers wouldn't work for me either. Gonna give the rubber band a try! Thanks a ton

wrap a cloth in a vice and tighten it up. Not super tight. Stick your vx in and tighten it up and unscrew it

basedworldballout

• Rep: 1
Hi guys. Got a request to help out with translating a Japanese VX on the VX1000 subreddit. Thought i'd post the PDF here if anyone needs a reference guide for translating. I don't have a Jap VX myself, just a PAL VX, so feel free to correct anything.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RnQTnM13EUumT0D15e0PjoR3yUX5Ypz_/view?usp=sharing

File size limit here was too small for the file so had to upload to Drive  :-\

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr
Good guy.

Sidewalk Funk.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Hi guys. Got a request to help out with translating a Japanese VX on the VX1000 subreddit. Thought i'd post the PDF here if anyone needs a reference guide for translating. I don't have a Jap VX myself, just a PAL VX, so feel free to correct anything.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RnQTnM13EUumT0D15e0PjoR3yUX5Ypz_/view?usp=sharing

File size limit here was too small for the file so had to upload to Drive  :-\

Many thanks for sharing this. Really helpful for navigating the menu and custom presets.

caiadozsk8

• Rep: 0
Yooo my vx1000 zoom it's blocked , when I turn it on , it's already zoom in a bit , and I can't zoom in or out ! Has anyone had this problem?

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
    • My Photos
Sorry if this has already been asked but does anyone know what issue of Transworld the vx100 vs vx2100 article is in?
I've got most of the Transworlds from around that period so am happy to scan it up if someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

doyle

• Rep: 151
Sorry if this has already been asked but does anyone know what issue of Transworld the vx100 vs vx2100 article is in?
I've got most of the Transworlds from around that period so am happy to scan it up if someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks

Feb 2004 according to this - https://skateboarding.transworld.net/photos/versus-vx1000-vs-vx2000/

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos
Expand Quote
[close]

Feb 2004 according to this - https://skateboarding.transworld.net/photos/versus-vx1000-vs-vx2000/

Thanks. It was the Daewon cover March 2004 issue.

Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

suckmadeck

• Rep: -50
  • Hi my name is ripoff of Bill Strobeck
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I still dream of the VX1500, I really hoped it was real.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Haha yes I was wondering if it was real or not also. Hope so
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Sidewalk Funk.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
This is pretty amazing. Must watch for any VX camera lover:

"VHS rip of the complete video guide to the Sony vx1000 & vx700! Including side by side quality comparisons and full technical tutorial"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRj9jKdF6DW/

nickpaolucci

• Rep: 19
This is pretty amazing. Must watch for any VX camera lover:

"VHS rip of the complete video guide to the Sony vx1000 & vx700! Including side by side quality comparisons and full technical tutorial"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRj9jKdF6DW/

really cool. thanks for sharing!
2009 OIAM Runner-up

WayneKerr

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Haha yes I was wondering if it was real or not also. Hope so

Itís definately a load of shit.
Dork tricks ain't nothing new, people just get internet likes for them now instead of being called a faggot like when I was a kid

matureoftheocean

• Rep: 25
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
or if you really dont care, just try smacking the shit out of it.
[close]

This has fixed so many of my vx's
[close]
ive never had anything as bad as pj, but def had my cam have weird ccd colour errors and just smacked it and it was back to normal LOL
[close]
slapping is an essential tool for fixing the vx. i can only second this

Yeah this is how I ususally start a filming session these days, works every time👍
SUOMI | FINLAND | PRKL www.fat1937.blogspot.com

pj chad

• Rep: 8
has anyone ran into something like this before?

https://i.imgur.com/QiMiP0B.jpg

footage played back via tape or external recorder is the same. you can slightly make out what the footage being played back is, but it's just covered in static. funny thing is, when i import it from my external recorder onto the computer - it is 100% fine.

southphillytapwater

• Rep: 13

footage played back via tape or external recorder is the same. you can slightly make out what the footage being played back is, but it's just covered in static. funny thing is, when i import it from my external recorder onto the computer - it is 100% fine.
Might be the viewfinder ribbon cable, they're known to break easily. Hasn't happened on any of my cameras yet so I'm not sure what it looks like.

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 21
  • I can only post using Mcdonalds wifi

Does the viewfinder look fine when you lay it flat, after you've taken the battery out and put it back in.

If it's a viewfinder issue then usually it should work fine when left flat or at least, has for me when I've had broken VF ribbon cables.
i donít think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

bataaard

• Rep: 28
it doesn't look like a viewfinder ribbon cable issue imo (you wouldn't see clear text), but bad contacts on the VAP ribbon cable.

if you tap the side of the camera (not the tape side, the other one) does it look different ?

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr

Strange. The times I got this gnarly static was when a board smoked my camera super hard. Just smacked the side of it and it eventually went away.

pj chad

• Rep: 8
Thanks for the replies. Verified with Kerry and another VX1000 repair guru that the main board has gone bad. Literally the worst thing that can happen to a VX considering the only repair is a replacement main board which only exist in working cameras and that number likely goes down every day.

Curious if any one else here keeps a close watch on eBay listings for American NTSC VX1000s. There are literally only 7 listed right now. I honestly think in the next few years, working ones are going to be worth $2k+

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr
Thanks for the replies. Verified with Kerry and another VX1000 repair guru that the main board has gone bad. Literally the worst thing that can happen to a VX considering the only repair is a replacement main board which only exist in working cameras and that number likely goes down every day.

Curious if any one else here keeps a close watch on eBay listings for American NTSC VX1000s. There are literally only 7 listed right now. I honestly think in the next few years, working ones are going to be worth $2k+

Yes. I look everyday if not two or three times daily. I know a buddy that has plenty of parts. But not sure if he's willing to sell a main board... Best of luck

IpathCats

• Rep: -64
Spotted on the sls stream

.....Nah

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr

Sk8rats blowin up

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
Expand Quote

[close]

Sk8rats blowin up

Incredible. I identify heavily with that shirt.

A few months ago I was on vacation eating at a restaurant while wearing a Sabotage shirt with a VX on the back and a random dude came up to me and started talking to me about skating hahaha.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

IpathCats

• Rep: -64
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Sk8rats blowin up
[close]

Incredible. I identify heavily with that shirt.

A few months ago I was on vacation eating at a restaurant while wearing a Sabotage shirt with a VX on the back and a random dude came up to me and started talking to me about skating hahaha.

If I wasn't such a loudmouth, I would get it too haha.
.....Nah

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
Re: VX1000 General Discussion (gear/set-ups, filming/editing, tips/advice, etc.)
« Reply #747 on: September 01, 2021, 03:18:01 PM »
I know VXs were designed to work with the technology of CRT TVs but has no one worked out how to fix the deinterlacing problems when uploading to youtube yet? Surely there's a simple fix

Kooking me just makes me stronger.

donkey

• Rep: -15
  • donk
    • media cabinet
Re: VX1000 General Discussion (gear/set-ups, filming/editing, tips/advice, etc.)
« Reply #748 on: September 01, 2021, 05:46:56 PM »
I know VXs were designed to work with the technology of CRT TVs but has no one worked out how to fix the deinterlacing problems when uploading to youtube yet? Surely there's a simple fix

why would you want to fix it? it looks good

Safarisuit

« Reply #749 on: September 01, 2021, 09:30:46 PM »
I donít think thatís from interlacing but when you have the sharpness turned all the way up on the custom presets it looks like that