Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324751 times)

stupidfuckface

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 19
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #3240 on: November 29, 2021, 08:32:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
an 8.5 AA hockey deck. wanted to buy more skate shit ended up spending $200 on audio plugins
[close]
s
Plugin sales were going nuts, I feel ya..
What did you cop? I got the abbey road tape and the SSL1, from waves
[close]

foreal yo. how’re u diggin that abbey road tape. i copped the izotope bundle and rc20

Love it, adds so much warmth.. rc20 looks great, you love it?

YungJugg

• Rep: 225
« Reply #3241 on: November 29, 2021, 10:46:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
an 8.5 AA hockey deck. wanted to buy more skate shit ended up spending $200 on audio plugins
[close]
s
[close]

foreal yo. how’re u diggin that abbey road tape. i copped the izotope bundle and rc20
[close]

ssl channel (I usually rock w E-channel), rc20, and izotope bundles are damn near must haves imo.

superleftswipebby

• Rep: 12
« Reply #3242 on: November 29, 2021, 04:31:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
s
[close]

[close]

man im looking at the abbey road tape and im pretty temped. rc20 is pretty dope. it's been my go to since

superleftswipebby

• Rep: 12
« Reply #3243 on: November 29, 2021, 04:33:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
s
[close]

[close]

[close]

ssl channel (I usually rock w E-channel), rc20, and izotope bundles are damn near must haves imo.

the izotope holiday bundles are real good. i bought it solely for trash 2 and it's expansion pack

GBLange

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #3244 on: November 30, 2021, 06:09:57 AM »
Anti Hero Beach Bum deck and another 2 or 3 Heroin 9.75 symmetrical.. the dimension is perfect to me.. and also some WKND 8.875VB eggshape deck.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #3245 on: December 01, 2021, 10:23:20 PM »
Expand Quote

Not sure if Abp but fury trucks are at decathlon lol

Are the axle nuts in the packaging?
[close]

I think someone might have reallocated resources from those trucks.

It happened quite a lot to some other things, even wheels were stolen from one complete in one of the stores I worked in (not on a day I was working though).

Cute that grip tape is rolled up in a plastic bag below too.

EDIT:

Where is that?

I ask as we have them in Australia too (just looking at their website), with some skate products from generic looking brands, completes with Fury trucks, but no trucks on their own, or so it seems.  They have been rebranded to their own brand.

https://decathlon.com.au/products/oxelo-skateboard-forged-baseplate-truck-20-32mm-144665

Oh yeah the rolled grip is strange. Would be funny to see a shop sell theirs that way

Imagine having to go shopping again for axle nuts as a newbie lol

Their mini skate shop is pretty funny. The wheels feel so weird and are very shiny. I wondered where their wood is from also for the blank decks they have. Also kinda funny they only have one size of deck to purchase it seems

This location is in Emeryville CA I think they’re new to the US or at least CA I hadn’t seen them before

nothing's been the since same

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3246 on: December 02, 2021, 05:21:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

It happened quite a lot to some other things, even wheels were stolen from one complete in one of the stores I worked in (not on a day I was working though).

EDIT:

Where is that?

I ask as we have them in Australia too (just looking at their website), with some skate products from generic looking brands, completes with Fury trucks, but no trucks on their own, or so it seems.  They have been rebranded to their own brand.

https://decathlon.com.au/products/oxelo-skateboard-forged-baseplate-truck-20-32mm-144665
[close]

Oh yeah the rolled grip is strange. Would be funny to see a shop sell theirs that way

Their mini skate shop is pretty funny. The wheels feel so weird and are very shiny. I wondered where their wood is from also for the blank decks they have. Also kinda funny they only have one size of deck to purchase it seems

This location is in Emeryville CA I think they’re new to the US or at least CA I hadn’t seen them before

I noticed too that the trucks are sold individually, or at least they are here.

Not that big a deal, as some shops do sell trucks like that rather than only in sets, but I could see them ending up with some issues and a lot of other problems from their products, in how they have them.

I guess it is more just something to be curious about and nothing to worry about really.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 596
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #3247 on: December 03, 2021, 12:19:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

EDIT:

Where is that?

[close]

[close]

I noticed too that the trucks are sold individually, or at least they are here.

Not that big a deal, as some shops do sell trucks like that rather than only in sets, but I could see them ending up with some issues and a lot of other problems from their products, in how they have them.

I guess it is more just something to be curious about and nothing to worry about really.

Wait, what? Fury Trucks are back? Gotta tell the homie from 2006. I have a Decathlon near me, maybe I can make it there soon.
IG: @flowterspace

JJ_Skates

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 15
« Reply #3248 on: December 03, 2021, 04:30:12 PM »
- Quasi Moon Child Dec 8.5 x 33
- Indy Stage 11 Standard 149mm Truck 8.5" Silver
- Ricta Chrome Clouds Red 86a Wheels 54mm
- Bones Super Swiss 6 Ball Bearings
- Independent Phillips Hardware 7/8" Silver & Black
- Jessup Griptape
- Pig Rails, Black

It's been about five years since I've touched a board. I'm looking ot add on some Riptide Pivot Cups and Bones Hard bushings. I feel like 54mm is my sweet spot to go from street to park and everything in between.

beandemon

• Rep: 180
« Reply #3249 on: December 05, 2021, 09:16:09 AM »
- Jessup Griptape
- Pig Rails, Black

It's been about five years since I've touched a board. I'm looking ot add on some Riptide Pivot Cups and Bones Hard bushings. I feel like 54mm is my sweet spot to go from street to park and everything in between.

Looks solid. Might consider the 92a Rictas as a (re)starter wheel. I’d also hold off on the bones bushings and for sure riptides until you get some time in - the experience of breaking in trucks will only make your life richer.  If it ain’t broke…

Caveat: if you already know you like firmer trucks and/or you’re bigger, go with the hard bones or aftermarket Indy bushings. Look, I’m just trying to spare you some bushing madness. The most seemingly benign and frequent gateway to the madnesses.

JJ_Skates

« Reply #3250 on: December 05, 2021, 09:29:11 AM »
Expand Quote
- Jessup Griptape
- Pig Rails, Black

[close]

Looks solid. Might consider the 92a Rictas as a (re)starter wheel. I’d also hold off on the bones bushings and for sure riptides, until you get some time in - the experience of breaking in trucks will only make your life richer.  If it ain’t broke…

Caveat: if you already know you like firmer trucks and/or you’re bigger, go with the hard bones or aftermarket Indy bushings. Look, I’m just trying to spare you some bushing madness. The most seemingly benign and frequent gateway to the madnesses.

Good point.

I already have a set of 54mm V1 STFs lying around to "get back on the horse" with. I do like a firmer ride so I'll probably gun for the Bones Hard bushings and swap out the pivot cups to Riptide and ride the setup like that without tweaking for a month. I could probably afford to ditch risers with the 54's and the hard bushings in place.

So the goal is to get that setup and don't touch it for a month to have a baseline to build from. I've missed skating so it'll be nice to get back into things.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3251 on: December 05, 2021, 06:46:53 PM »
Enjoi BoS Jerry + Louie decks for keepers, the one with Jerry wearing Xmas lights and Louie on a bicycle.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

GliderSkateboards

• Rep: 35
« Reply #3252 on: December 05, 2021, 09:50:40 PM »
Tempted to buy and set up a 917 cruiser /surf deck. Anyone have one?

https://callme917.com/collections/frontpage/products/chopper-surfer-deck-6-5

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3253 on: December 06, 2021, 02:00:39 AM »

Wait, what? Fury Trucks are back? Gotta tell the homie from 2006. I have a Decathlon near me, maybe I can make it there soon.

I would say "Use caution" but I think you could tell fairly quickly if they seemed like cheap junk, compared to the real thing.

Even then, at their peak, they were reasonable.  Someone I know still has a set and they do work, but unless those ones in the sports store are just the right size, you might be out of luck.

Most likely 8 to 8.25 like the other stuff they have, board sizes, etc.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3254 on: December 06, 2021, 06:13:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I would say "Use caution" but I think you could tell fairly quickly if they seemed like cheap junk, compared to the real thing.

Even then, at their peak, they were reasonable.  Someone I know still has a set and they do work, but unless those ones in the sports store are just the right size, you might be out of luck.

One of the guys at my locals fucking rips and was riding the Decathlon Fury trucks for over a year. Filmed some heavy tricks in a video with his crew. Only recently changed to Indys after they snapped on him.

This was a also a guy who knew nothing about length or wheelbase prior to 2021.

So in short - they are decent
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

beandemon

• Rep: 180
« Reply #3255 on: December 06, 2021, 06:14:44 AM »
About 5 shaped/re-ish decks I don’t need. Goddamn holiday sneak attack drops.

JJ_Skates

« Reply #3256 on: December 06, 2021, 06:15:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Shit, my first "real board" had Fury trucks on em. It was a Birdhouse complete actually. That's hella nostalgic. Makes me want to hunt down my old first setup and put it on my wall!

mvdbosch90

• Rep: 20
« Reply #3257 on: December 06, 2021, 12:17:24 PM »
I’m currently on the Ace AF1 55 on my 8.5 deck, also rode the Ace Classics 55 on an 8.75 deck. I really like how they steer, very fluent and carvy, while still having that quite stable center :) But I get what people are saying when they say it’s a little more difficult to do tricks on them… It somehow just feels a little harder and more sluggish to get my board in the air. I rode thunders before, a lot lighter, but when I try my old thunders now, it just feels off and I really don’t like the steering. I’m considering giving the Independent Forged Hollow a try to see what the 1,5mm height difference and the weight difference will do. Any people with experience on both?

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #3258 on: December 06, 2021, 05:01:20 PM »
Either the new royals or the lurps. Royals are everything I want on paper (lower, inverted, good turn), while Lurps just seem really interesting, but maybe too high?

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #3259 on: December 08, 2021, 07:15:07 AM »
I’m currently on the Ace AF1 55 on my 8.5 deck, also rode the Ace Classics 55 on an 8.75 deck. I really like how they steer, very fluent and carvy, while still having that quite stable center :) But I get what people are saying when they say it’s a little more difficult to do tricks on them… It somehow just feels a little harder and more sluggish to get my board in the air. I rode thunders before, a lot lighter, but when I try my old thunders now, it just feels off and I really don’t like the steering. I’m considering giving the Independent Forged Hollow a try to see what the 1,5mm height difference and the weight difference will do. Any people with experience on both?

Just switched back to Indys after a good 2 years on Aces ( both classics and AF1s). Indy definitely won't turn as fluidly as the Aces but they still get a pretty deep turn. I switched back because the stable center feels bigger on Indys to me. Aces definitely felt more squirrely and made it hard to land a lot of tricks for me. Also the weight savings were worth it for me. I never realized how tired a heavy setup makes me after 3+ hours of skating. I think my truck madness is finally over...

Bob Loblaw

• Rep: 10
« Reply #3260 on: December 08, 2021, 07:43:26 AM »
Has anyone skated both Indy Forged Hollows and the Titanium Indy's?
I'm switching from some hand me down Indy Mids.

I have a board with Aces and a board with Venture Hi's, and want something in the middle

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #3261 on: December 08, 2021, 07:07:36 PM »

mvdbosch90

• Rep: 20
« Reply #3262 on: December 08, 2021, 10:52:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just switched back to Indys after a good 2 years on Aces ( both classics and AF1s). Indy definitely won't turn as fluidly as the Aces but they still get a pretty deep turn. I switched back because the stable center feels bigger on Indys to me. Aces definitely felt more squirrely and made it hard to land a lot of tricks for me. Also the weight savings were worth it for me. I never realized how tired a heavy setup makes me after 3+ hours of skating. I think my truck madness is finally over...

Thanks for sharing your experience, you're drawing me closer to actually buying them ;)

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #3263 on: December 09, 2021, 02:58:24 AM »
Another set of 50mm Darkroom wheels. They are on sale everywhere that has them still. Might as well stock up.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3264 on: December 09, 2021, 06:52:42 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CXNt1gNrnMZ/
This is REALLY tempting...

Posting about the WE drop and then this? I can't be spending money on this stuff right now but you're making it pretty hard.

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #3265 on: December 09, 2021, 09:47:59 AM »
Free Charlie Rambo

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #3266 on: December 09, 2021, 10:20:27 AM »

I have a board with Aces and a board with Venture Hi's, and want something in the middle

Yes, but not in the same sizes.  I have Forged Hollow 144s and 159s and Ti 149s.   Ti are super nice, but if I honestly had to say that they would help you land a trick that you couldn't on the forged hollows I would answer no.   If you go super big then the Ti would be stronger - but I don't.  If you grind through the axles until they fall apart then the Ti will last longer.  Probably not worth the upgrade for most people unless you just have cash to burn.

Lord Quas

• Rep: 18
  • enter the liquid realm
« Reply #3267 on: December 09, 2021, 11:26:52 AM »
Has anyone fucked with the new ace trucks since they've resized their shit? i dont think i'll ever stop rolling their "classic" model truck, they literally had the perfect hanger length on their old 44s.

Quote from: GAY
I've never broken a board and it's a bigger source of shame for me and my family than my homosexuality.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3268 on: December 09, 2021, 11:45:55 AM »

Yes, I have a set of 144 Forged Ti's that are used with good life left I'd sell on the cheap. I actually like the Mids so maybe would could work out a trade.

Personally the forged ti are too light for me.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3269 on: December 09, 2021, 11:46:53 AM »
Really considering the Quasi BBS Dane Barker. Waffling between sizes as I've loved both the 8.25 and 8.38