Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328693 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #2040 on: May 19, 2020, 08:27:49 PM »
Trying to find an 8.18" with a 14.25" WB (everything is either 14" or 14.38")

PENILE_JUDGEMENT

« Reply #2041 on: May 19, 2020, 08:43:59 PM »

Can you link one of the 8.18" with 14" WB you've been seeing?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 12:28:54 AM by Xen »

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 980
  • the moon rules
fuck you bama

Esmith5488

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #2045 on: May 20, 2020, 09:41:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Can you link one of the 8.18" with 14" WB you've been seeing?
[close]

https://fuckingawesomestore.com/collections/boards?filters=size-8-18

https://crailstore.com/products/w39-d2-chocolate-cruz-big-dawgs-deck/#filter:type=decks&size=8-1875

Found a 14.25" but 31.5 is much too fucking short for me
https://www.deathwishskateboards.com/collections/spring-2020/products/lizard-king-big-liz-8-18

Might just suck it up and deal with a slightly longer WB
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/AntiHero_Taylor_Granta_Monica_Airlines_Deck/descpage-AHTGRMAIRDK.html

Pretty sure hopps has a 8.1 with a 14.25 wheelbase.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 135
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2046 on: May 20, 2020, 10:47:31 AM »
The killing floor

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #2047 on: May 20, 2020, 12:20:19 PM »

Thanks!

Now I'm contemplating these, I wonder what the tail size is on the FA: 8":

https://fuckingawesomestore.com/collections/boards/products/skull-kid?variant=32173502824545

https://crailstore.com/products/w39-d2-chocolate-cruz-big-dawgs-deck/#filter:type=decks&size=8-1875

If it helps at all my 8.38 FA/Hockey deck has a pretty small tail. Not sure I would get another FA deck ever again because of that. The shape is perfect except for the tail length. Nose is 1/2" larger at least

PENILE_JUDGEMENT

« Reply #2048 on: May 20, 2020, 02:07:46 PM »

If it helps at all my 8.38 FA/Hockey deck has a pretty small tail. Not sure I would get another FA deck ever again because of that. The shape is perfect except for the tail length. Nose is 1/2" larger at least

Thanks, you just saved me some money. 

^^^And for the post above, I had a popsicle graphic Hopps board a while back and it was one of the best I've ever had.

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #2049 on: May 20, 2020, 04:45:54 PM »
Either an Alien Workshop deck or an FA one, does anyone know how the nose and tail are shaped on the more recent AW models? They look kinda squared in pics
Yeah, I have an 8,25 and it's definitely more on the square side but stil kinda in between. Not super square like an FA but not pointy like a Baker

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #2050 on: May 21, 2020, 10:47:50 AM »
wanted to up my sweatpants game and still support skater owned stuff so I tried to find some JSP (Jimmy Gorecki Sweatpants)...but gave up after not finding much out there...totally thought this was a brand with multiple things to offer and had good quality. limited options/half-assed website, makes me not give a shit anymore.

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2051 on: May 21, 2020, 02:31:25 PM »
Anyone know the concave of the Russo AH shape?

I'm all over the place on what board to buy next.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #2052 on: May 21, 2020, 02:58:09 PM »
wanted to up my sweatpants game and still support skater owned stuff so I tried to find some JSP (Jimmy Gorecki Sweatpants)...but gave up after not finding much out there...totally thought this was a brand with multiple things to offer and had good quality. limited options/half-assed website, makes me not give a shit anymore.

I want the alien workshop sweatpants. Maybe I can find em on sale this weekend

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #2053 on: May 27, 2020, 07:04:40 PM »

This would be fun to shred.

danmasontree

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2054 on: May 27, 2020, 08:30:23 PM »
I’ve been thinking about trying the Adidas Seeley’s and the Converse Lopez

sadnocomply

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2055 on: May 27, 2020, 09:06:46 PM »

“hey yo yo y’all can’t stand right here, in his right hand was your mans worst nightmare”

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #2056 on: May 27, 2020, 09:54:38 PM »
What are the kicks like on the FA 8.25 shape, are the kicks steep/big/small etc, any other info/opinions appreciated too.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1934
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2057 on: May 27, 2020, 10:17:37 PM »
What are the dimensions on the WKND 8.18 boards? Are they still BBS? I've seen a lot of differing measurements for length and WB.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

sadnocomply

« Reply #2058 on: May 27, 2020, 10:27:24 PM »
What are the kicks like on the FA 8.25 shape, are the kicks steep/big/small etc, any other info/opinions appreciated too.
I’m a quasi/GX guy so the kicks feel extreme compared to those & the nose seems to be a couple degrees higher than the tail on FA/Hockey. My 8.25 Hockey has a 6.6 tail and the nose is easily 7.1. Concave is perfect in my opinion tho!

If FA/Hockey had the same mellow kicks and nose length as the 8.25 quasi/gx (I believe it’s 6.875 bolts to nose) I would mesh much better on them.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2059 on: May 27, 2020, 10:37:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I’m a quasi/GX guy so the kicks feel extreme compared to those & the nose seems to be a couple degrees higher than the tail on FA/Hockey. My 8.25 Hockey has a 6.6 tail and the nose is easily 7.1. Concave is perfect in my opinion tho!

If FA/Hockey had the same mellow kicks and nose length as the 8.25 quasi/gx (I believe it’s 6.875 bolts to nose) I would mesh much better on them.

So sounds like steeper kicks than most dlx/generator decks, not sure whether I'd like that tbh

sadnocomply

« Reply #2060 on: May 27, 2020, 10:56:33 PM »
So sounds like steeper kicks than most dlx/generator decks, not sure whether I'd like that tbh
[/quote]I haven’t had a deck that wasn’t FA or Quasi since like 2018 tho so not sure about other brands. I think Ben degros said it best one time, steep kicks yield so much pop but the consistency goes out the window at least for him and myself it seems. Nothing you can’t get use to but some sessions can be frustrating. My rule of thumb is cast plates with mellows, forged with steeps.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2061 on: May 27, 2020, 11:38:50 PM »
I haven’t had a deck that wasn’t FA or Quasi since like 2018 tho so not sure about other brands. I think Ben degros said it best one time, steep kicks yield so much pop but the consistency goes out the window at least for him and myself it seems. Nothing you can’t get use to but some sessions can be frustrating. My rule of thumb is cast plates with mellows, forged with steeps.
[/quote]

I had a quasi recently and the kicks (especially the tail) were very flat. Fine when fresh but it sogged out pretty quick and wasn't fun after that. I think I generally agree with the sentiment that steep kicks yield more but mess with consistency. Good rule of thumb too, but I think it doesn't really work with ventures (Im on venture forged) since the forged ones push out the wheelbase further despite being lower. I actually like steep kicks for slides as you can get a more aggressive pop out. Might just try one for shits and see how it is.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 78
« Reply #2062 on: May 28, 2020, 08:59:03 AM »
Local has sale on shoes. Tempted to try some Vans for the first time. I've got medium, but leaning towards narrow feet. Which model you guys recommend?

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #2063 on: May 28, 2020, 10:36:00 AM »
Local has sale on shoes. Tempted to try some Vans for the first time. I've got medium, but leaning towards narrow feet. Which model you guys recommend?
I really like the way vans skate and have needed to get a pair for a bit now. I liked the old skool pro's and I also really liked the slip on pros. Honestly think Vans are way better than most people say, obviously just make sure to get the "pro" model versions if you get classics. I think the crocket 2's look good. Honestly go on Reynolds instagram and see which look best lol. That's what I have been doing to try to decide what I want next. Hell of a promoter.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #2064 on: May 28, 2020, 10:58:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
“hey yo yo y’all can’t stand right here, in his right hand was your mans worst nightmare”

You should, DGK shapes are great

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #2065 on: May 28, 2020, 11:03:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I really like the way vans skate and have needed to get a pair for a bit now. I liked the old skool pro's and I also really liked the slip on pros. Honestly think Vans are way better than most people say, obviously just make sure to get the "pro" model versions if you get classics. I think the crocket 2's look good. Honestly go on Reynolds instagram and see which look best lol. That's what I have been doing to try to decide what I want next. Hell of a promoter.
Old Skool Pros are the only Vans I have not had an issue with, as far as fit and comfort go.
They change the Pro classics up frequently (insoles, fit) so if you can try them on that's your best bet.
Vans are good go-to shoes that will usually be alright if they fit your feet right. Like Dickies, no bells and whistles but they work.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 69
« Reply #2066 on: May 28, 2020, 11:28:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
My Crockett 2s blew out in 3 sessions just doing ollies and practicing kickflips. I don’t recommend them for skating to be completely honest. Comfort sure! But skating them? No.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #2067 on: May 28, 2020, 11:57:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
My Crockett 2s blew out in 3 sessions just doing ollies and practicing kickflips. I don’t recommend them for skating to be completely honest. Comfort sure! But skating them? No.
Thanks for the heads up!!

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2068 on: May 28, 2020, 01:47:23 PM »
8.5" Hockey. Shape-wise they seem like they are the extreme opposite of what I like to skate, but the team rules and the graphics are the best thing going right now.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #2069 on: May 28, 2020, 01:56:23 PM »
8.5" Hockey. Shape-wise they seem like they are the extreme opposite of what I like to skate, but the team rules and the graphics are the best thing going right now.

Most of the fa/hockey boards seemed alien like: big noses, square, steep.
I have had more fa boards than anything else over the last few years (4-5....everything else is super random), and yeah, I’m gonna take a break from em. The steeper angles makes truck combos a little more particular possibly. I probably like flatter, mellower shit. I’m not sure why, I haven’t had one that I super liked in a minute. Fuck, if I’m in the shop tho, they always jump out.