Author Topic: Skate 4 Hype  (Read 45963 times)

Rockin Robbin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 416
Skate 4 Hype
« on: January 28, 2017, 05:36:54 PM »
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

jomeara1

Re: Skate 4 Hype
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 06:50:13 AM »
My friend texted me this earlier. After she explained who HuskyHog is, I came to a conclusion. I refused to play another Metal Gear after they gave Hayter the axe and I refuse to play another skate game now that they think some dev posting a hash tag is going to get me hyped. They aren't going to fix the problems with staying on a kinked rail. They aren't going to make the tricks flip and catch with the size of the gap so you can actually take a decent photo. NPCs crowding a spot if you are trying something for more than 3 minutes. Can't push fast enough, can't impossible, kicking the legs the wrong way for airwalks, making me complete the lamest challenges to get the pants I want. Hall of Meat, follow me, win this contest, impress this prick... fuck those games.

I was always a THPS kinda guy.  I bought SKATE at the time when it first came out and I just wasn't feeling it.  It was one of the most frustrating games I ever played.

Jordick

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 08:48:15 AM »
not gonna happen

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 07:27:14 PM »
Oh, it's gonna happen.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 08:47:49 PM »
if it does happen they better improve the customization options, THUG 2 came out 13 years ago, and that had the best customization of any skating game ive played, and they better not have that "pick a color block" bullshit, its the current year, they better have a color spectrum

if the game comes out and they dont have this and better map customization they can go grab berra's xenu 9" vibrating dildo and go fuck themselves
tl;dr fits or gtfo

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 10:49:22 AM »
Hope they actually release one. Even if it's exactly like skate3 I would still be pretty happy.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 11:02:42 AM »
I like those games.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 12:22:03 PM »
Just make it so it doesn't say frontside is backside and that backside is frontside.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 07:50:59 AM »
Just make it so it doesn't say frontside is backside and that backside is frontside.

That annoyed me SO FUCKING much - Didn't they have any actual skaters testplay it, who could say "hey guys, you've got it the wrong way around"... how hard could that be?!

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 05:38:47 PM »
It's going to be at E3 no matter what they say.

sailor fuku

• Rep: 1
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 01:45:03 AM »
UPDATE 1st Feb 2017: It turns out Skate 4 was a half-pipe dream after all. EA has said it's not making it.

In a question and answer session with analysts last night, EA executives put the breaks on the Skate 4 hype train after a community chief set the internet alight with a single tweet.

"Much to the dismay of the many people that email me on a fairly regular basis, we are not presently making Skate 4," EA boss Andrew Wilson said, "and so that will not be in fiscal year 2018."

So there you have it. No Skate 4. Booooo!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-30-ea-community-chief-tweets-skate4-internet-loses-its-mind

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2017, 07:04:30 AM »
^^^^^^ dude they're saying that so they can pull it out as a surprise at E3. Square Enid has done that shit numerous times.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2017, 10:06:56 AM »
UPDATE 1st Feb 2017: It turns out Skate 4 was a half-pipe dream after all. EA has said it's not making it.

In a question and answer session with analysts last night, EA executives put the breaks on the Skate 4 hype train after a community chief set the internet alight with a single tweet.

"Much to the dismay of the many people that email me on a fairly regular basis, we are not presently making Skate 4," EA boss Andrew Wilson said, "and so that will not be in fiscal year 2018."

So there you have it. No Skate 4. Booooo!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-30-ea-community-chief-tweets-skate4-internet-loses-its-mind

Honestly given the types of games out and the VR shit...Skate4 is hardly on my want/ wish games list

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 11:00:46 AM »
skate 4 is basically the only game i care about enough to buy a new system. maybe red dead redemption 3 if it gets amazing reviews.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 02:33:55 PM »
skate 4 is basically the only game i care about enough to buy a new system. maybe red dead redemption 3 if it gets amazing reviews.

I dont think skte4 will be re-invented enough for a new console version....cant see my self spending $50-60 on a new skate4 game that will pretty much end up being a polished version on skate 3

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 02:44:13 PM »
waht the fuck are you talking aobut. id pay $100 just for a new level/world
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 02:46:01 PM »

lol

+1

tangent

• Rep: 10
  • ...i'm not trying to be the best at exercising
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 06:27:39 PM »

Haha me too.  I'd pay retail price for shoes and clothing just so I could download them into the game and stop staring at the same get ups for the last 5 years

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 06:32:41 PM »
I just want a new city with updated graphics. Even if they kept the same engine as Skate 3 I'd be happy.

Shit, I kinda wanna play Skate 3 now.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 03:22:10 AM »
i've spent so many hours playing the skate games, and if they do a skate 4 i would love to see 2 different story modes, one which would be arcade with all the hall of meat bullshit and one hardcore with just skate stuff, like trick specific challenges etc. all the "non skate" stuff from the other games was so god damn annoying.

EA must be regular if they aren't working on skate4, considering the amount of comments on their instagram alone...

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 06:54:30 AM »

lol I wouldn't

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 06:55:39 AM »
i've spent so many hours playing the skate games, and if they do a skate 4 i would love to see 2 different story modes, one which would be arcade with all the hall of meat bullshit and one hardcore with just skate stuff, like trick specific challenges etc. all the "non skate" stuff from the other games was so god damn annoying.

EA must be regular if they aren't working on skate4, considering the amount of comments on their instagram alone...

They are most definitely working on it. He def tweeted that to get the fans hyped but people inhouse got pissed it would ruin the reveal at one of the summers gaming expos so he had to say "were not making it".

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 416
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2017, 09:11:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They are most definitely working on it. He def tweeted that to get the fans hyped but people inhouse got pissed it would ruin the reveal at one of the summers gaming expos so he had to say "were not making it".

You seem pretty damn sure of yourself. Are you Scott Blackwood? Show some proof or quit playing with my emotions, shitlord.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2017, 09:18:47 PM »
shit actually now that i think about it i never downloaded any DLC, huh, time to piss away a few bucks

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2017, 12:16:34 PM »
skate 4 = bad news. 

they are fearful that Project:Session is going to A) take over the "Skate" market of video games and B) give a indy Dev they have no control over a big market share and C) make skateobarding video games appear economically unviable to other publishers and devs.   The reason there is no Skate 4 is because they wrecked blackbox. end of story.  My last count was that EA has already killed two dozen or so developer companies and sandbagged a few others so they could force a hostile take over.  They have proven they will kill their own AAA games sales just to spite another publisher (IE early release of titanfall 2 in order to take away from COD sales and make BF1 the top selling shooter).  EA is a shit company up on par with konami and ubisoft in their business practices. they do not care about consumers.   

what EA will pull with skate for will be EA.  i am will to lay down a pair of indys that skate 4 will come out within a month of Project:Session, and it will be an unfinished medicore product with season passes, preorder skins, and micotransactions. 

if you care about the future of skateboarding video games you should be hashtagging #boycottSkate4
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

essal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2017, 12:27:06 PM »
does project session even have a license for the flick it controls? if not i'd assume that they'll be sued to hell and back and will never release anything

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2017, 12:43:07 PM »
does project session even have a license for the flick it controls? if not i'd assume that they'll be sued to hell and back and will never release anything

its out of my professional knowledge area but i don't think you can patent input design (which is why most shooters have the same control scheme).  I asked one of the patent guys in my office and they said it would probably fail under an "obviousness"  challenge

essal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2017, 01:16:14 PM »
After a bit of googling, apparently EA doesn't own the Flick It control but 2 of the original Skate developers (Scott and Jay, couldn't find any last names). Not sure if it's patented or possible to patent, but I'm pretty sure they'll have good proof to be the inventors and IP owners of the Flick It.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2017, 01:42:53 PM »
After a bit of googling, apparently EA doesn't own the Flick It control but 2 of the original Skate developers (Scott and Jay, couldn't find any last names). Not sure if it's patented or possible to patent, but I'm pretty sure they'll have good proof to be the inventors and IP owners of the Flick It.

i misunderstood your original post-- my bad "FlickIt" is a code.  that code can be protected as IP-- but actually flicking your sticks to control the board, i dont think it can be considered violating IP if you go about it a novel way.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2019, 05:56:36 PM »
EA has renewed the Skate trademark for another 10 years. That's gotta mean something.

https://gamerant.com/ea-skate-trademark-renew/

Polygon chimed in about the rumors that a renewal could mean another Skate, and I thought this was a pretty funny paragraph:

“Ninety-nine times out of a hundred, you’re dealing with a publisher or a major company that has in-house legal teams that are on monthly retainers that are just sitting there bored all day,” said Ryan Morrison, a founding partner of the Los Angeles-based Morrison Rothman firm, which specializes in intellectual property law.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 06:01:45 PM by Cool Ceith »