Author Topic: Skate 4 Hype  (Read 45962 times)

bluntfullofmid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
Re: Skate 4 Hype
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2021, 11:54:46 AM »
what are some things you all want out of this new skate? Mine would be better clothes/gear,fix the mechanics for big spins and 180 no complys, make switch actually look switch instead just mirroring the previous stance, and a entirely new roster besides Dill, Jerry and Reynolds

edit: as im playing right now, the mechanics for doing tricks over tables and hydrants definitely needs to be fixed
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 12:28:55 PM by dudeonthecouch »
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2021, 01:38:39 PM »
^ The ability to choose eras, Spots/comps, and the pros from that era for both street and vert.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2021, 02:34:01 PM »
Skate 4 might have microtransaction? Skate games have been chock full of them. it cost 5 bucks just to film in Skate 2
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2021, 09:53:18 AM »
yeah, DLCs have been around for the skate games, but if microtransactions are restricted to add-ones i'll have no issue.

i would love updated gear
a good list of brands that spans a couple different sides of skating
new pros
better graphics & smoother gameplay
new tricks (impossibles, better wallrides, fixed kinker rail physics)
a better story mode than skate 3
more fun spots!

although i'll really be happy with anything

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #124 on: February 13, 2021, 02:48:25 PM »
They have the backing to make a hugely realistic, detailed game but my worry is that with two ‘sims’ in the market, they’ll go for the goofy YouTuber market with physics joke hall of meat bullshit again.

As a slight younger dork I had a huge written list of skate 4 ideas.  It’d be funny to find it now

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2021, 04:51:07 PM »
Different eras of skating through clothes skaters and board’s.

Brand’s should be updated also a adjustable setup wheelbase and board stresses so you have to land bolts or something similar,  also waaaay more tech ability to choose parts.

I mean really it could be a quasi rpg character of selection of what’s best and what’s budget.

Dueces Bitch's

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2021, 07:47:53 AM »
We need silver tabs
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2021, 12:37:49 PM »
what are some things you all want out of this new skate? Mine would be better clothes/gear,fix the mechanics for big spins and 180 no complys, make switch actually look switch instead just mirroring the previous stance, and a entirely new roster besides Dill, Jerry and Reynolds

edit: as im playing right now, the mechanics for doing tricks over tables and hydrants definitely needs to be fixed

Definitely fix the fire hydrant problem. A way to do stalls better and cleaner exits from grinds on transition would be cool too

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2021, 01:44:57 PM »
We need silver tabs
yes

definitely need some baggies

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2021, 09:53:36 AM »
They might as well put someone from Polar in the game so we can get all the Polar jeans
- Crailtap

mrbazzor

• Rep: 0
  • wagwan piffting
« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2021, 05:52:32 AM »

Keeping Atiba is also completely necessary don't forget.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2021, 07:28:29 AM »
The biggest thing for me would be content... you can blow through the other skate games in a long weekend each pretty much, they are great, but there isn't a huge amount of meat on the bones.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun just cruising about and skating, but a longer "game" wouldn't go amiss.

Bigger map too....should be easily doable on modern hardware.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2021, 08:08:06 AM »
The biggest thing for me would be content... you can blow through the other skate games in a long weekend each pretty much, they are great, but there isn't a huge amount of meat on the bones.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun just cruising about and skating, but a longer "game" wouldn't go amiss.

After seeing what Rockstar did with open world maps in GTA and Red Dead it is definitely doable, it just needs to be done correctly for a skatebaording game
- Crailtap

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2021, 08:57:20 AM »

When you 180 into switch stance you need to set up right away, then the animations will look switch.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2021, 01:44:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

When you 180 into switch stance you need to set up right away, then the animations will look switch.
Yeah, i know about this and do it but it would be nice if they actually made switch look like that with out having to set up immeadiately cause sometimes you lose speed being in switch like that
- Crailtap

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2021, 04:25:11 PM »
I love the 'different eras' idea.  It'd be great to even switch trick sets dependent on era.  Proper boards, clothes & wheels etc.    And if they get pros in there, do a full motion capture with their style & trick selection, especially if they get the older dudes in.  True physics that change with board set up.

A board customiser would be sick too, so you can change the shape & geometry to whatever you want & it all changes how the game plays.  Would love to do a vert run on a polariser.

And a huge open world with hillbombs that count. 

And fucken SLAPPIES.

Theyve got the resources, so I hope they do it right.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2021, 04:23:53 PM »

And fucken SLAPPIES.

There was a perfect curb on the university level in S3 that was slappable in game

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2021, 04:50:09 PM »

And fucken SLAPPIES.

Now it’s been a while since I’ve played but there were 100% spots you could bash in to slappy the curbs, one down hill spot in the industrial area was a gold mine

Brguy

« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2021, 06:18:31 PM »
Bluntslides that look good, maybe a way to do combos like noseslide to crooked.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2021, 07:13:58 PM »
yeah, DLCs have been around for the skate games, but if microtransactions are restricted to add-ones i'll have no issue.

i would love updated gear
a good list of brands that spans a couple different sides of skating
new pros
better graphics & smoother gameplay
new tricks (impossibles, better wallrides, fixed kinker rail physics)
a better story mode than skate 3
more fun spots!

although i'll really be happy with anything

This guy gets it!  I would just add better transition lip tricks and proper nomencalture with tricks.

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #140 on: April 07, 2021, 07:42:02 AM »
I hope they make a graphics editor and have a whole setup for hosting your CAP’s and graphics like skate 3, except this time I hope they leave the servers up for 15 years.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #141 on: April 07, 2021, 07:17:55 PM »
The ability to skate SkaterXL maps but with skate controls. 

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2021, 10:40:01 AM »

I would like the exact opposite of this

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2021, 12:36:34 AM »
Expand Quote

And fucken SLAPPIES.
[close]

There was a perfect curb on the university level in S3 that was slappable in game

Shit, really?  Still, I want it built into physics, not a grind spline.  Make wallride physics actually use momentum  and inertia, and transpose that to slappies and wallies.

primo

« Reply #144 on: July 04, 2021, 11:03:13 AM »
  • [size=78%]Ability to slappy anything, wallride to slappy if it's too high[/size]
  • [/size][size=78%]Better 180 animations[/size]
  • [/size][size=78%]Better transition skating[/size]
  • [/size][size=78%]Open world on par with or better than GTA V (GTA V came out in 2013!)[/size]
  • [/size][size=78%]Vehicles to get around the map (like a bike or car)[/size]
  • [/size][size=78%]Don't fuck with the controls! Skater XL is a pain in the ass. I don't want video game skating to piss me off as much as real life skating.[/size]
  • [/size][size=78%]Better career mode. Instead of just having a company right away, maybe start on flow and work up to pro and start your own brand if you don't fall victim to alcoholism and/or drug addiction. Make sure to have points lost for haters in Instagram comments and SLAP telling you how much your boards suck and how lame you are for taking certain sponsors and doing commercials, or how shitty your style and trick selection is. If you can make it through all of the perils of a career in skateboarding, you can finally earn respect of skaters everywhere and skate your private skatepark when you're 50.[/size]

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #145 on: July 12, 2021, 09:55:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Gimme Skate 1-3 maps with the XL controls and I’ll never play another video game
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: July 12, 2021, 12:04:31 PM »
Ability to slappy anything, wallride to slappy if it's too steep

Yeah new wallride physics would be cool, also the ability to late shuv or late flip after no complys
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Gimme Skate 1-3 maps with the XL controls and I’ll never play another video game

Also no thanks to new controls, I've been playing skate controls for ten years, not interested in learning a new set of controls.

However, giving us the S1, 2 & 3 maps, even if they're DLC would be very clutch
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 12:15:50 PM by DaleSr »

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #147 on: July 12, 2021, 04:29:51 PM »
$100 says they add a battle pass tier based type thing.

Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #148 on: July 14, 2021, 10:20:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

After seeing what Rockstar did with open world maps in GTA and Red Dead it is definitely doable, it just needs to be done correctly for a skatebaording game

If breath of the wild can exist on a switch I need something that size minimum on these next Gen consoles

krookedjuice

• Rep: 29
« Reply #149 on: July 14, 2021, 10:32:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Ability to slappy anything, wallride to slappy if it's too steep
[close]

Yeah new wallride physics would be cool, also the ability to late shuv or late flip after no complys
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Also no thanks to new controls, I've been playing skate controls for ten years, not interested in learning a new set of controls.

However, giving us the S1, 2 & 3 maps, even if they're DLC would be very clutch

Would love to see the old maps included.

For controls i wouldn't mind seeing options for both. Session is incorporating Skate controls into their game but they are pretty bad right now.