Author Topic: Vans. Core pass or not?  (Read 16962 times)

planman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
Re: Vans. Core pass or not?
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2017, 02:26:48 PM »
Expand Quote
They're sold in malls. Not core. By this idiotic thread, I'd assume half of you think Zumiez must be a core shop too. I mean, SKATEBOARDING ( by that I mean the companies that sell their goods there) WANTED THEM ( to sell more of their shit) so they must be core?

This is so dumb. This 'core' business is just marketing. I just buy whatever's on sale at my local, because I'm just gonna destroy them anyway
[close]

What isn't sold in the mall though?
Yeah, I remember they interviewed the State guy a minute ago an he said literally every shoe company sells their shit to Zumiez except New Balance, because that's just the name of the game now, it'd be impossible to make money if you didn't. Same shit with board companies. Most 10-16 year olds don't give a flying fuck about whether or not a mall chain is "core". It only makes sense fiscally for companies to sell their shit to mall shops, so violentpizza's logic saying that anyone who sells to shops isn't "core" is bullshit, because you're not about to sit there and tell me Anti-Hero or Emerica or whoever else isn't core
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 02:48:57 PM by planman »

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2017, 02:32:51 PM »
i just want emerica to reissue the Ellingtons fuck come one Reynolds i'll buy some fucking coconut water mon
Plz sweet baby Jesus let this happen.

somedudefromnj

« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2017, 02:42:52 PM »
fools out here tripping because a non skater wears skate stuff, but im pretty sure money from skateboarders alone would not be able to pay for your favorite pros to live, OR for them to get to travel and make videos

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2277
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2017, 06:09:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not core and wack because everyone and their grandmother has a pair of Vans nowadays. I spot at least 20 people wearing Old Skools, Slip-Ons, and Sk8 His daily.

Vans are garbage to skate in anyway. Skating in Vans, modern street skating, is the equivalent of jogging in a pair of Nike Cortez. Vans are really worn out of nostalgia, but unfortunately the masses like them so therefore they're wack.
[close]

This was done wearing authentics in 1999...modern skaters are just pussies

[close]

Yeah but I'm pretty sure his knees are shit and he probably deals with back pain too

Skateboarding and basketball shoes are very similar in terms of their key features (traction, court/boardfeel, cushioning,support, etc) so imagine in 2017, some NBA players hooping in chucks or blazers (both originally bball shoes). Shit would be straight up comedy and would lead to a slew of injuries yet skaters are doing just as much abuse to their bodies & joints if not more in the same shoes. Vulc technology is literally almost a 100 years old that shit is borderline illogical to be skating in them nowadays where damn near every other shoe is using phylon, eva, or other foams/gels. One session in vulc shoes won't kill you, but wearing them frequently over a long period of time will DEFINITELY wear your body down faster than cupsoles will, and that fact alone keeps me far away from them. I want to skate as long as I possibly can and I take that very seriously. Health is wealth.

For the record, I still own and have skated the Gilbert crockett 1 mids with wafflecup & ultracush, so I'm not just talking out of my ass. Theyre the thinnest shoes I own and while I loved their flick, it ain't worth the forefoot pain whenever i smacked my feet on the ground or the shorter overall endurance per session. I can't imagine how people jump down shit in vulcs...all that shits gonna come back to you when you're all old & and then you end up having to skate cupsoles anyway so why even bother? If vans made their standard designs with a plain ass phylon midsole, I'd probably buy them fairly often instead of practically never

I think injuries and long term effects happen regardless of what shoes you skate in, look at Danny Way(if you read his CBI interview) and Tony Alva is near 60 and still in Vans skating pools everyday. Health IS wealth,but it's what you eat and what you do outside of skateboarding. I have neuropathy thats slowly going away, I take forever to warm up mainly because my feet have no feeling and they eventually get a little tingle in them,but Vans help with board feel more than any other shoe. I massage my feet and soak em' and a lot of other dainty shit. 20 years of skating and still going, never quitting.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2017, 05:59:57 AM »

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2017, 06:24:59 AM »
Vans makes shit shoes and doesn't support small shops. The requirements to get an account are pretty fucked on top of going up against their outlets AND mall stores.

i've always wondered about this.  my local shop is Kingswell in LA and they are a small shop that carries nike, vans, and cons but only carry certain shoes, not like the horror stories that are bandied about here.  maybe it helps that the owner is dj chavez, a former pro, or maybe not

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2017, 06:41:35 AM »
From what I've heard, it does take a minute to get opened by Vans.

But once you're open they are fair to deal with. They won't Quikstryke you into bankruptcy.

Michaelnickels

• Rep: 0
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2017, 03:12:10 PM »
If you use the word: core/brand/skateboarding in one sentence
something is wrong with you.
This is 90s transworld business talk.

We talk about companys- some are successful-
other not. For professional skateboarding we need
successful company who pay skaters. Thats it.

I like Vans because they have done good things and i like
to rock the same shit then 20 years ago.
White shirt, blue jeans, white halfcab.

I agree. Personally love vans best shoes. They are kinda corporate but any business that grows so big will always have to get some kind of corporate infrastructure. But they take care of their riders do all those contest series and in my opinion improving the shoes that were already the best and making them better.