Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 171673 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #570 on: May 22, 2020, 03:51:24 PM »
↑good shit mate!
I’m in the same boat with the sheep’s, way to flimsy looking. I’d be more inclined to try the Hamilton blooms, if not just because of the recycled plastic laces and seaweed insoles. Still trying to find some of those tan maranas tho...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #571 on: May 22, 2020, 07:05:18 PM »
Hamilton's, eh? I'll have to check those out. Shit like cork/seaweed insoles always interested me for whatever reason. I want some of those damn seaweed snacks now dammit.

PolarJames

• Rep: 6
« Reply #572 on: May 23, 2020, 07:17:22 AM »
I've just ordered the accel plus ever stitch, tempted to order the marana vegan too. I currently am skating the Riley Hawk synthetic nubuck shoe but they're tight for my wide feet and are wearing away. Cool thread, good to learn about the Maranas.

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #573 on: May 24, 2020, 07:55:58 AM »
I've just ordered the accel plus ever stitch, tempted to order the marana vegan too. I currently am skating the Riley Hawk synthetic nubuck shoe but they're tight for my wide feet and are wearing away. Cool thread, good to learn about the Maranas.
The maranas are cool, but the accel plus everstitch are better. The maranas are a lot puffier than the accels and the middle of the shoe is canvas. I've only skated mine a few times and the canvas is wearing and the laces are almost broken. I skated a pair of accels all last summer and they are still not completely shot. I also never broke a lace on them. They did make changes to each colorway though. The black and teal accels were the ones that I liked. I got a pair of the grey/blue ones and chunks of the outsole started crumbling off. Soletech told me my pair were defective and they hooked me up with the Maranas to replace them. I'd be interested to hear how yours hold up.
No.

TheVisitor

• Rep: -13
« Reply #574 on: May 24, 2020, 12:42:57 PM »
Are AVE's shoes no longer vegan/synthetic ?

https://www.vans.com/shop/ave-pro-blanc-de-blanc-black

sufferthejoy

« Reply #575 on: May 24, 2020, 01:27:33 PM »

These were never synthetic if I remember correctly, the synthetic ones are AV rapidweld pro lite (only the lite version)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #576 on: May 24, 2020, 08:59:33 PM »
That's funny, I usually think most vulcs fit way too narrow but Riley's shoe is pretty wide in the toe box for me.
What color accel plus did you get? If you like a wide toe box try on a pair of NB# 420s!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #577 on: May 24, 2020, 11:59:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

These were never synthetic if I remember correctly, the synthetic ones are AV rapidweld pro lite (only the lite version)
which sucks because I’d be down for a vans vegan cupsole. Rowley if all people mentioned that he’d have one in the upcoming seasons but I have seen anything about it since.

Also, I hate Blondey but it looks like he’s coming out with a vegan shell toe that isn’t made out of clear plastic in the near future which would be awesome because the only vegan adidas we see these days are shitty canvas vulcs ...

PolarJames

« Reply #578 on: May 25, 2020, 03:28:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's funny, I usually think most vulcs fit way too narrow but Riley's shoe is pretty wide in the toe box for me.
What color accel plus did you get? If you like a wide toe box try on a pair of NB# 420s!

Yh, they're really tight for me so am looking forward to skating some more comfortable shoes. I went for the grey and red colour, accel plus, they didn't have the ones in blue. Are the NB 420s pretty wide in general? I have wide feet so it's hard to find shoes that fit.

Zephyr-Cum

• Rep: -103
  • DIE
« Reply #579 on: May 26, 2020, 02:48:54 AM »

I AM A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.

"Shalom".

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #580 on: May 26, 2020, 06:44:02 AM »
brooo, that's hilarious!  how did you come up with that?  welcome to the thread, i look forward to your next posts about how synthetics are worse for the environment than suede.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #581 on: May 26, 2020, 06:53:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I recently picked up pairs of the Riley canvas and the Griffin canvas, and even though they're on two different soles, the Griffin also has a very wide fit.  Coming off a pair of the Newport synthetics, these both seem too wide for me.  It's wild how much these shoes can fluctuate from the same brand, and the newports and rileys even have the same sole.

PolarJames

« Reply #582 on: May 27, 2020, 06:44:48 AM »
The És Accel plus Everstitch arrived today. The grey/black/red colour look ace. Initially I thought they were too narrow but they seem to have stretched and I think I'll keep them. They're a bit wider than the Lakai Hawk tobacco which are too narrow for me. I could go a size up on the ÉS but I think they might be being discontinued and there aren't many left. For my super wide feet I think I might end up going with suede which sucks. I'll see how I get on with the Everstitch first.

padded_shorts

« Reply #583 on: May 27, 2020, 07:40:11 AM »
The És Accel plus Everstitch arrived today. The grey/black/red colour look ace. Initially I thought they were too narrow but they seem to have stretched and I think I'll keep them. They're a bit wider than the Lakai Hawk tobacco which are too narrow for me. I could go a size up on the ÉS but I think they might be being discontinued and there aren't many left. For my super wide feet I think I might end up going with suede which sucks. I'll see how I get on with the Everstitch first.
Give them some time to break in. They'll stretch out a little. Mine were pretty snug at first too. They aren't discontinued, they just only put out one colorway at a time. Right now its an all white one. It is a great shoe. I hope it works out for you.
No.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #584 on: May 27, 2020, 09:20:00 PM »
try the NB# 420s if the everstitch don't work for you; they've got more than enough toe room!

Padded shorts> have you seen the all white everstitch In real life? In some pics the lining looks orange and in others it looks red. I try to avoid red for the most part so I’m hoping it the former
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 11:25:31 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 84
« Reply #585 on: June 05, 2020, 06:22:34 AM »
Not sure if it has been talked about here but anyone skate any of vegan Straye shoes? ... I feel like the brand is... Well, sorta wack but some of their vegan shoes look pretty good...

I've been skating the ever living shit out of my Winkowski Omen hi's... I really dig them them but I'm looking for something new...

padded_shorts

« Reply #586 on: June 06, 2020, 07:48:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
try the NB# 420s if the everstitch don't work for you; they've got more than enough toe room!

Padded shorts> have you seen the all white everstitch In real life? In some pics the lining looks orange and in others it looks red. I try to avoid red for the most part so I’m hoping it the former
Sorry, been (mostly) on an internet break. I have not seen them in real life. That is weird. I've noticed it too. You could probably email Es. They have been responsive when I have had questions in the past.
No.

padded_shorts

« Reply #587 on: June 06, 2020, 07:52:02 AM »
Not sure if it has been talked about here but anyone skate any of vegan Straye shoes? ... I feel like the brand is... Well, sorta wack but some of their vegan shoes look pretty good...

I've been skating the ever living shit out of my Winkowski Omen hi's... I really dig them them but I'm looking for something new...
If you like canvas vulc shoes, Strayes are great. They are, however, extremely dumb. The pair I got had little flaps that flipped up and said "send nudes" underneath. I only paid $20 for them direct from straye.
No.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #588 on: June 10, 2020, 05:46:33 AM »
Expand Quote
I just can't figure it out!  On that cons link, you can super zoom in on the heel tab and it def looks like real suede (it's def not canvas at least).  But then I saw some spanish shop post them on instagram with an ultra close-up and you could see the heel tab was definitely canvas.  Wonder if the pics on the Cons site are from a pre-production sample?
[close]

He talks about going vegan it his Out There from last year so you might be in luck?

Just for you guys to know that those Louie Lopez are vegan.
I took half a size bigger than Chucks and it's perfect.

They are "rubber-backed canvas" as Cons Chucks, but the sole seem much more fragile.
They also managed to have a lower quality insole compared to Zoom air...
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

sk8ergurl

• Rep: -14
« Reply #589 on: June 17, 2020, 07:18:58 AM »
ever tried STRAYE? love these guys. awesome styles and they last. love the Gower and Stanley for skating. https://straye.com/collections/vegan-sneakers

Zephyr-Cum

• Rep: -103
  • DIE
« Reply #590 on: June 17, 2020, 01:46:05 PM »
New Ipath concept shoes:

You don't need a stash pocket anymore! The shoes will be made out of weed.

Close up of stitching.
I AM A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.

"Shalom".

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #591 on: June 27, 2020, 05:11:06 AM »
Not sure of the password but there’s a eS vegan pack coming out this fall👊🏼

https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/
Would love to peep!

In other news, I bought a pair of these:

I couldn’t find any Etnies marana in my size and my current shoes are thrashed ....
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 06:59:08 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #592 on: June 27, 2020, 05:47:12 AM »

Are the Omen Hi's padded at all around the ankle/collar?

Chega

• Rep: 2
« Reply #593 on: June 28, 2020, 08:34:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Are the Omen Hi's padded at all around the ankle/collar?
Yes

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #594 on: June 28, 2020, 09:14:33 AM »
Etnies posted this
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #595 on: June 29, 2020, 03:37:14 AM »
Just saw on Pontus' Slam interview that Last Resort is going to make vegan (canvas) shoes  :)
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #596 on: June 29, 2020, 03:56:33 AM »
Can we not evolve past canvas shoes though?
Seems like every company’s answer to a vegan model is a canvas vulc.
Hence why I’m really looking forward to what eS is going to bring to the table in the fall

padded_shorts

« Reply #597 on: June 29, 2020, 07:47:15 AM »
As long as eS keeps making the accel plus everstitch I'll be happy. They could put that swift everstitch out again too.
on another note, the michelin outsole on the marana is pretty much indestructible. I've been skating them for a few weeks now and the canvas is wearing some on the upper, but the outsole looks untouched.
No.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #598 on: June 29, 2020, 02:26:23 PM »
I hope eS tries to do a vegan swift 1.5, or at least an update of the first one; my swift 1’s still have a bit of life left in them

padded_shorts

« Reply #599 on: June 30, 2020, 07:22:56 AM »
I've got a pair of swifts with some life left in them as well. I'm really interested to see what eS has coming up in the fall vegan pack.
No.