Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 171706 times)

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #660 on: August 18, 2020, 09:49:42 AM »
I hope to God those Fred Gall X Habitat X State shoes have a vegan option...
haha yeah i left a comment on that instagram post to that effect.  that style shoe is my perfect idea of a shoe.  Vans makes the Sport (sometimes called the epoch) which is the same style too, but always in suede.

SlapTM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #661 on: August 18, 2020, 08:00:53 PM »
Expand Quote
will make a good alternative to Ryan Lay’s shoe now that it’s discontinued. I felt the vulc/ cupsole hybrid was pretty meh but if you stick a good insole in there you should be okay.

@kneebone did you skate your adidas yet? The shell toes have finally got the shelves in Japan as I’m thinking about channeling my inner drake jones.

@vegangangzta noice👌 They should just keep that model in the lineup forever, or maybe an all black one? Tbh I expected more from the vegan pack (no swift 1.5?? 🤔) but I have to give them props for a full vegan lineup!

Also, @EmericaTM has promised us 10 (?!)vegan models in their upcoming catalog including at least two cupsoles? People were predicting spanky’s shoe but I’m defs down to cop either way!
[close]
I haven't skated the adidas shelltoes yet.  It's still super hot here in NYC and therefore still shorts weather.  I don't think I can rock these adidas with shorts, needs to be with a pair of jeans for me.  haha

Regarding EmericaTMs claims about 10 vegan models for next season, here's my prediction:  The winkowski carryover still stays in, and there are at least 6 models that are just wino standards or slip on standards.  That leaves 3 others TBD.  Hope i'm wrong tho!
As long as nothing gets dropped, there's some Wino G6 Slip-Ons, The Dickson, Romero Laced, Omen Hi, Wino Standard, and Omen Lo.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #662 on: August 18, 2020, 10:46:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Are they really that bulky @kneebone ?

I’m pretty much only rocking the NB# 420s lately and I have to say I’m really impressed with them overall. Probably even going to be hard to go back to shoes without a wide toebox...
[close]
I mean, yeah kinda.  The synth leather is much stiffer and thicker than I would've liked.  Then with the super thick popcush insole combined with the cupsole, it feels like i'm standing two inches off the ground. 
hmmmm, then it’s tossup between them and the adidas then... I guess if I don’t like either of them for skating I can demote them to chillers!

@EmericaTM cheers for the info, Dickson model in vegan is going to be interesting but I’m holding out for the cup soles for these old man feet

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

vegangangzta

« Reply #663 on: August 19, 2020, 03:14:13 PM »
cupsoles ftw

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #664 on: August 26, 2020, 03:15:28 AM »
damn I'm hyped to see those vegan shell toes, those were my go to shoes a while back so I hope to make them my go to again if they're decent.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #665 on: August 26, 2020, 07:26:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
will make a good alternative to Ryan Lay’s shoe now that it’s discontinued. I felt the vulc/ cupsole hybrid was pretty meh but if you stick a good insole in there you should be okay.

@kneebone did you skate your adidas yet? The shell toes have finally got the shelves in Japan as I’m thinking about channeling my inner drake jones.

@vegangangzta noice👌 They should just keep that model in the lineup forever, or maybe an all black one? Tbh I expected more from the vegan pack (no swift 1.5?? 🤔) but I have to give them props for a full vegan lineup!

Also, @EmericaTM has promised us 10 (?!)vegan models in their upcoming catalog including at least two cupsoles? People were predicting spanky’s shoe but I’m defs down to cop either way!
[close]
I haven't skated the adidas shelltoes yet.  It's still super hot here in NYC and therefore still shorts weather.  I don't think I can rock these adidas with shorts, needs to be with a pair of jeans for me.  haha

Regarding EmericaTMs claims about 10 vegan models for next season, here's my prediction:  The winkowski carryover still stays in, and there are at least 6 models that are just wino standards or slip on standards.  That leaves 3 others TBD.  Hope i'm wrong tho!
[close]
As long as nothing gets dropped, there's some Wino G6 Slip-Ons, The Dickson, Romero Laced, Omen Hi, Wino Standard, and Omen Lo.
I kinda just processed this tonight to realize that we’re never getting a vegan Spanky, huh?  That is a huge fucking bummer, especially since the KSL-1 was vegan

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #666 on: August 26, 2020, 09:00:58 PM »
really? but other than the Romero laced, it still leaves two cupsole options no?

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #667 on: August 27, 2020, 12:26:19 AM »
Simple makes a canvas OS now. Also this vegan thing: https://simpleshoes.com/collections/shoes/products/slo-navy

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #668 on: August 27, 2020, 05:45:54 AM »
Emerica has these coated canvas joints coming out, anybody got experience with what is essentially rubberized canvas?

https://www.emerica.com/us/footwear/team-shoes/wino-g6-slip-on-x-sasha-barr-reserve-6107000244.html?dwvar_6107000244_color=703#start=1

You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #669 on: August 27, 2020, 05:49:51 AM »
Emerica has these coated canvas joints coming out, anybody got experience with what is essentially rubberized canvas?
Will rip in two ollies instead of one

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #670 on: August 27, 2020, 05:53:16 AM »
really? but other than the Romero laced, it still leaves two cupsole options no?
From EmericaTM: "As long as nothing gets dropped, there's some Wino G6 Slip-Ons (vulc), The Dickson(vulc), Romero Laced(cup), Omen Hi(vulc), Wino Standard(vulc), and Omen Lo(vulc)."

also the romero laced has come in plenty of vegan options in the past.  give us something newwwwwww

jimwalton680

• Rep: 0
« Reply #671 on: August 27, 2020, 07:17:07 AM »
cupsoles ftw cosplay for sale

hahahh joke of the day man looking nice star wars

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #672 on: August 27, 2020, 07:52:31 AM »

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #673 on: August 27, 2020, 01:50:52 PM »
posted these in this thread 2 weeks ago, already available

So do you have any experience with these?
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #674 on: August 27, 2020, 03:11:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
From EmericaTM: "As long as nothing gets dropped, there's some Wino G6 Slip-Ons (vulc), The Dickson(vulc), Romero Laced(cup), Omen Hi(vulc), Wino Standard(vulc), and Omen Lo(vulc)."

also the romero laced has come in plenty of vegan options in the past.  give us something newwwwwww
yes, but in the original quote I think he mentioned 3 cupsoles if I’m not mistaken?

@EmericaTM please confirm how many vegan cupsole options are coming out next season🙇‍♂️

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #675 on: August 27, 2020, 04:27:01 PM »
I really really just want a vegan spanky.  I’ll trade 10 wino iterations for that

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #676 on: August 27, 2020, 07:18:52 PM »
I really really just want a vegan spanky.  I’ll trade 10 wino iterations for that
I hear ya! #vegancupsoles FTW

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #677 on: August 31, 2020, 10:02:24 AM »
skated my accel slims yesterday.  When I first got them, i loved them straight out of the box but I had only tried on the right foot.  When I pulled out both to go skate yesterday, I noticed that the left shoe forefoot looked and felt quite a bit narrower and pointier, so that was a disappointed. 
I was pleasantly surprised with how they skated, since this was the first time i skated a cupsole in many years.  The flick definitely took some getting used to.  Whiffed on a few of the first kickflip attempts for sure.  By the end of the session I got used to it and actually liked it.  The boardfeel and overall flexibility were good.
Overall tho I didn't like how narrow they feel in the forefoot.  Even tho they are the "slims", the heel still feels pretty bulky and padded compared to the forefoot.  My toes started to feel pretty cramped by the end of the session, even though lengthwise the shoes are perfect. Just a bit narrow/pointy.  These gave me confidence to try another pair of cupsoles, just not another pair of accel slims (c'mon emerica with that spanly!)

CatchMyFADE

• Rep: 17
« Reply #678 on: August 31, 2020, 11:13:13 AM »
POST TO SLAP

Hey hey,

Wanted to check in to see if anyone is aware of any new or upcoming vegan / synthetic models on the market? Was hoping to pickup the e'S Accel Slim, but I slept on it and now their out of my size  :-[

I've been looking around & noticed that Etnies had just released a few new options, one being the Etnies Blitz, which comes in both all canvas & canvas synthetic suede options.

However, I'm a bit weary of the quality of sole tech in general - since I've had some not great experiences with previous models over the years (yes, e'S is under sole tech, I know). This particular model reminds me of the Adidas 3MC (canvas) which I picked up about a year ago & although they looked alright, construction-wise they were dog shit and not properly reinforced for skateboarding in my opinion.

So yeah, this is a bit long winded, but I just wanted to reach out to see if anyone has any recommendations or insight as to shoes worth considering that are currently available or will be dropping soon. The last decent pair of skate shoes I had were the AVE rapidweld pro lites.

Thanks  :)

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #679 on: August 31, 2020, 11:22:51 AM »
dang, i guess those accel slims did sell out fast!  What size are you @CatchMyFADE ?  If you're a 12 i'd be down to sell you mine.  Only skated once, see post above.

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
No.

CatchMyFADE

« Reply #681 on: August 31, 2020, 01:31:21 PM »
dang, i guess those accel slims did sell out fast!  What size are you @CatchMyFADE ?  If you're a 12 i'd be down to sell you mine.  Only skated once, see post above.

Really appreciate the gesture Kneebone, but I wear an 11  :D

came across the Janowski rm canvas - but these are on the thin side as well & don't seem to have any rubber backing or reinforcement. Not trying to give nike any of my money if there are other options out there  :P

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #682 on: August 31, 2020, 08:01:43 PM »
The janoski RMs are indeed super thin and in my opinion have a very cheap feel.  I would buy those etnies before i bought another pair of janoski rm (and I really don’t want to buy those etnies)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #683 on: August 31, 2020, 09:20:15 PM »
POST TO SLAP

Hey hey,

Wanted to check in to see if anyone is aware of any new or upcoming vegan / synthetic models on the market?
hey, welcome to the thread!
eS is coming out with a vegan pack for the fall, and it also looks like emerica might be following suit?
personally I'm skating some NB# 420s at the moment and I really like them!

CatchMyFADE

« Reply #684 on: September 01, 2020, 10:24:39 AM »
Expand Quote
POST TO SLAP

Hey hey,

Wanted to check in to see if anyone is aware of any new or upcoming vegan / synthetic models on the market?
[close]
eS is coming out with a vegan pack for the fall, and it also looks like emerica might be following suit?

Thank you  ;D
Completely forgot about the NB#420s thanks for the reminder!
this particular colorway is pretty nice

(def prefer the textured material used on this one compared to the smooth material they debuted with). NB still gives me heavy dad vibes, but if the construction & fit is on point then it's certainly worth giving a shot.

Have to concur w/ the comments about the State Fred Gall model, would LOVE for that one to be offered in a synthetic option.

NEW Thread idea: Shoes we WISH were available in a synthetic option. Some dope models / colorways out there that I'd love to wear / skate.

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #685 on: September 01, 2020, 02:58:12 PM »
I know the brand isn't the most popular anymore, but I asked Osiris on insta if ALL of their shoes are vegan and they replied with "yes".  Just thought I'd put that info here  ;D

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #686 on: September 01, 2020, 09:22:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
POST TO SLAP

Hey hey,

[close]
[close]

Thank you  ;D

(def prefer the textured material used on this one compared to the smooth material they debuted with). NB still gives me heavy dad vibes, but if the construction & fit is on point then it's certainly worth giving a shot.

Have to concur w/ the comments about the State Fred Gall model, would LOVE for that one to be offered in a synthetic option.

NEW Thread idea: Shoes we WISH were available in a synthetic option. Some dope models / colorways out there that I'd love to wear / skate.
+1 on the faux suede 420s, I couldn’t even skate in the plasticy ones. I have the green limited edition colorway and I absolutely love them!

In other news, this popped up in my FB this morning: http://www.christiankoeder.com/2020/01/busenitz-pro-black-white-gold.html

Don’t think I’ve ever heard of/ seen a synth busenitz before but I’d like to believe it exists .... especially in that colourway !

Skatan >> can you please confirm/ deny?
(I’m DM-ing him on insta as we speak)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 10:12:28 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #687 on: September 02, 2020, 06:59:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
POST TO SLAP

Hey hey,

[close]
[close]

Thank you  ;D

[close]
+1 on the faux suede 420s, I couldn’t even skate in the plasticy ones. I have the green limited edition colorway and I absolutely love them!

In other news, this popped up in my FB this morning: http://www.christiankoeder.com/2020/01/busenitz-pro-black-white-gold.html

Don’t think I’ve ever heard of/ seen a synth busenitz before but I’d like to believe it exists .... especially in that colourway !

If i remember correctly, there was one Busenitz pro colorway that was synthetic but it was way back in like the 3rd season of the shoe, and it was a gross all-brown/wheat/khaki color so I avoided it.  Those black/white/gum ones are definitely real suede and not synthetic.  Adidas does occasionally use some one-off synths but that one ain't it fam.  Would love to try a vegan busenitz too (even tho they get some really mixed reviews), i love the soccer inspired look, for any shoe

CatchMyFADE

« Reply #688 on: September 02, 2020, 11:43:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
POST TO SLAP

Hey hey,

[close]
[close]

Thank you  ;D

[close]

[close]
If i remember correctly, there was one Busenitz pro colorway that was synthetic but it was way back in like the 3rd season of the shoe, and it was a gross all-brown/wheat/khaki color so I avoided it.  Those black/white/gum ones are definitely real suede and not synthetic.  Adidas does occasionally use some one-off synths but that one ain't it fam.  Would love to try a vegan busenitz too (even tho they get some really mixed reviews), i love the soccer inspired look, for any shoe

damn, that's a bummer - would love to skate some Busenitz pros. Why are 90% of synthetic color options so poopy looking, it's really not rocket science.

Also peeped the upcoming e'S models and although I appreciate the effort on their end, but besides that one accel slim those other models aren't doing it for me. Completely agree in a previous comment - there were several styles e'S made in the late 90's that were already fully synthetic and looked dope (quattro).

Want to try the Louie Lopez pro's as well, so many dope colors in suede, but they had to be cute with the grey on there. However, this one is all canvas w/ reinforced rubber backing. Really hoping they remake this in some solid color options.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #689 on: September 02, 2020, 09:32:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
POST TO SLAP

Hey hey,

[close]
[close]

Thank you  ;D

[close]

[close]
So I got a reply from Skatan and as kneebone mentioned they aren't synth despite them being listed as synth on multiple intl. Adidas sites (and yes you can tell even by looking at the pictures).

A guy on FB is still kinda convinced that they are, but apparently customer service in Germany told him they could only confirm the information contained on the HP so if there was a mistake (which there clearly is) then they are basically talking out of their arses. Skatan can look up what materials are actually used on the internal database. Anyway, that is a pity because I would have been down to try some busenitz in a vegan colourway. funny that you mention a synth version kneebone, it must have dipped under my radar...

catch my fade> yeah, ttytt I was expecting a lot more from the vegan eS pack and figured we would have at least gotten a swift 1.5. Those Mike Anderson cons colourways are really hard to come by and I guess we can't rely on KA anymore to come out with any new shoes!

I mentioned DCs and some new vegan models a few pages back, I've had them for a minute now, will try and post them tomorrow and also do a little slap vegan shoe thread give away. Any of you out there a size 10 (28cm)?