Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 171632 times)

Junglist

Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #750 on: October 04, 2020, 07:20:06 AM »
They have that cool gazelle sole too

DarkPools

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #751 on: October 04, 2020, 12:28:53 PM »
Maybe this is the wrong thread, but I think the Last Resort shoes look like cheap garbage. They look like knock-offs of other knock-offs. It is rad they will be doing canvas and hopefully synth models in the near future to add to the vegan offerings. Just hope they find their own look in other models aside from this One Star CC copy cat.
These look like what Straye was to Vans, except it's LR AB to Converse/Nike/etc. and is pricier.
Super Champion Fun Zone

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #752 on: October 04, 2020, 05:00:02 PM »
Lakai just put out a vegan slip on. Looks a lot like the Riley, but without the laces and only in canvas. They are actually labeled vegan though, so that’s something.
No.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #753 on: October 04, 2020, 06:31:29 PM »
Lakai just put out a vegan slip on. Looks a lot like the Riley, but without the laces and only in canvas. They are actually labeled vegan though, so that’s something.
seems like a step backwards though because the Riley was synth and has the better outsole/ insole.

Just put out a synth fucking cupsoles lakai!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

padded_shorts

« Reply #754 on: October 05, 2020, 07:38:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
seems like a step backwards though because the Riley was synth and has the better outsole/ insole.

Just put out a synth fucking cupsoles lakai!
Yeah, I'm not going to buy them. I just like to see the vegan label. Hopefully a sign they will be doing more of that.
No.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #755 on: October 07, 2020, 12:44:52 PM »
some updates from a couple of the other threads:
-New Balance releasing three vegan options for early spring 2021
-NikeSB "e-dunks" coming out sometime soon (??) with all recycled, non-leather materials and low-waste packaging.  Good luck getting a pair though, i presume!

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #756 on: October 07, 2020, 07:10:56 PM »
More views and details about materials in caption

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #757 on: October 08, 2020, 02:56:13 AM »
-NikeSB "e-dunks" coming out sometime soon (??) with all recycled, non-leather materials and low-waste packaging.  Good luck getting a pair though, i presume!
good job squeezing that info out of @rothdigga @kneebone
I just hope they are cupsoles (and aren’t just a plain canvas option). I find the faux suede on the 420s a good alternative so I’m hoping they implement that into their other vegan models too!

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #758 on: October 09, 2020, 08:54:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I just hope they are cupsoles (and aren’t just a plain canvas option). I find the faux suede on the 420s a good alternative so I’m hoping they implement that into their other vegan models too!
I'm predicting at least one canvas slip-on.  Canvas slip-ons are the "well we have a house salad" of restaurant vegan options.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #759 on: October 09, 2020, 10:41:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I'm predicting at least one canvas slip-on.  Canvas slip-ons are the "well we have a house salad" of restaurant vegan options.
hahaha
*dumps house salad on table*
"there's your vegan "option" sir"

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #760 on: October 09, 2020, 11:16:00 AM »
mArLeY

Junglist

« Reply #761 on: October 09, 2020, 12:56:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
hahaha
*dumps house salad on table*
"there's your vegan "option" sir"
“Unfortunately all of our dressings do have dairy in them, so just plain then?”

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #762 on: October 10, 2020, 05:46:28 AM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #763 on: October 13, 2020, 06:25:01 PM »
Es Evant now has a vegan colourway available.
https://www.esskateboarding.com/us/shop/footwear/evant-5101000171.html
Yes, they posted it on insta this morning too! Not sure if I can rock that colourway but I’m intrigued ... looks like veganskateblog got sent one colourway of each of the new models from the vegan pack so hopefully he can drop a review sometime soon for those of us who don’t have the luxury of trying them on in person before purchasing.

Blander than a house salad but I wanna support them and at least they label vegan 🌱  where applicable?

@kneebone tried to find out whether the Spanky KSL reissue was vegan (like the OG) but I don’t think we have a reply yet.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #764 on: October 13, 2020, 06:46:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Es Evant now has a vegan colourway available.
https://www.esskateboarding.com/us/shop/footwear/evant-5101000171.html
[close]
Yes, they posted it on insta this morning too! Not sure if I can rock that colourway but I’m intrigued ... looks like veganskateblog got sent one colourway of each of the new models from the vegan pack so hopefully he can drop a review sometime soon for those of us who don’t have the luxury of trying them on in person before purchasing.

Blander than a house salad but I wanna support them and at least they label vegan 🌱  where applicable?

@kneebone tried to find out whether the Spanky KSL reissue was vegan (like the OG) but I don’t think we have a reply yet.
Haha yeah, anxiously awaiting the disappointing response from EmericaTM.

I don’t want to poke the bear regarding those States, but on the websites that allow you to super-zoom that tab on the tongue certainly looks like genuine leather.  Hoping it’s a reaaaallly good fake, for labeling’s sake. 

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #765 on: October 13, 2020, 07:49:07 PM »
↑ they did something similar on the bishops, I always assumed it was synth, surely they can’t be that unaware in 2020 right? RIGHT??

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #766 on: October 14, 2020, 12:26:17 AM »
↑ they did something similar on the bishops, I always assumed it was synth, surely they can’t be that unaware in 2020 right? RIGHT??

Well, let's hope it's synthetic since they put a vegan label on here.
I'm still skating my first pair of Bishop though, I had to glue/shoegoo them quite early but it's still holding up.

I will try those Elgin if I find them, they kinda look like the Authentic pros.

I was very pleased by the whole communication of és with that vegan pack, but to be honest the shoes designs are not my cup of tea.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #767 on: October 14, 2020, 03:12:26 AM »
I wasn’t digging the evant at first but that colourway is really growing on me...
(Still would have preferred all black on gum)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #768 on: October 17, 2020, 03:21:36 AM »

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #769 on: October 19, 2020, 12:57:47 AM »
This Last Resort story was very pleasing, along with the pictures of the faux-suede which look very nice.

On another topic, I miraculously found a pair of Ryan Lays on eBay, but they happen to be sales samples (it wasn't marked on the sale).
I never had faux-suede before, and it reaaaally look like real suede to me.
Is the difference between real suede and vegan suede usually noticeable ?

If not this is really impressive, but for the moment it's like eating beyond meat for the first time and wonder if the waiter made a mistake and gave a real steak  ;D
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #770 on: October 19, 2020, 02:21:22 AM »
This Last Resort story was very pleasing, along with the pictures of the faux-suede which look very nice.

On another topic, I miraculously found a pair of Ryan Lays on eBay, but they happen to be sales samples (it wasn't marked on the sale).
I never had faux-suede before, and it reaaaally look like real suede to me.
Is the difference between real suede and vegan suede usually noticeable ?

If not this is really impressive, but for the moment it's like eating beyond meat for the first time and wonder if the waiter made a mistake and gave a real steak  ;D

Wondered this too. Almost copped the Lay’s a while ago but went with State’s instead. If faux suede is anything like the real deal I’d gladly pay up.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #771 on: October 19, 2020, 04:23:05 AM »
Sole tech’s faux suede is top notch! I’m
Kinda bummed I threw my Ryan Lays away, they still had some life left in them and are great in the colder months.
Either way, that shit is tough, you won’t be disappointed!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 08:12:36 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

vegangangzta

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #773 on: October 22, 2020, 10:06:03 AM »
Heavy KCK vibes on those Patriot outsoles, but I don't think I can bring myself to rock the F in 2020

jkadams

« Reply #774 on: October 23, 2020, 02:01:07 AM »
fyi, the new es accel slim vegan is apparently not actually vegan; the materials sticker has the symbol for leather, and the tongue tag says "upper of leather and man-made"; the material on the heel and behind the eyelets are presumably the leather parts

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #775 on: October 23, 2020, 05:58:20 AM »
Really? Im guessing they messed up the tags then? It’s doubtful they’d mess up the materials ...

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #776 on: October 23, 2020, 09:56:03 AM »
Weird, I was just out taking my dog on a walk and I saw a guy wearing some black/white/gum busenitz vulcs that appeared to be made of the synthetic nubuck stuff that adidas uses on the seeleys.  They were just like these, but the heel stabilizer thing was also gum to match the sole.  The guy did not appear to be a skateboarder so i have no idea where he might've gotten them and i didnt feel like stopping him to ask.  Isn't there a pal who works for adidas who might be able to confirm what i saw?

vegangangzta

« Reply #777 on: October 23, 2020, 11:30:06 AM »
fyi, the new es accel slim vegan is apparently not actually vegan; the materials sticker has the symbol for leather, and the tongue tag says "upper of leather and man-made"; the material on the heel and behind the eyelets are presumably the leather parts

Osiris does this too. Whoever runs the IG has assured me all the shoes are vegan now, and mentioned the owner or main designer being a long time vegan? I have a pair of the Trace and it's got the animal hide symbol but it's clearly faux.

Was just thinking it would be rad if there was a group of vegan skaters who just would start their own company. Creating quality shoes with synthetics. Not that we necessarily need more shoe companies, because a new one pops up every year...also I don't know how many pros are actually vegan and not just "plant based", other than Templeton.

Anyway, props to Fallen for listening to their customers and coming out with two new vegan options that weren't canvas.

Teddy2Belts

• Rep: 0
« Reply #778 on: October 23, 2020, 05:12:32 PM »
Has anyone thought about skating these Vans Mod Slip-Ons? Not billed as skate shoes. But they've got the UltimateWaffle outsole and Rapidweld rubbery stuff on the toe. Not sure what I think (and not psyched on the look). But I did skate the Rapidweld Lite and really liked it.

https://www.vans.com/shop/mod-slip-on-marshmallow-clear#hero=0

« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 05:28:02 PM by Teddy2Belts »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #779 on: October 24, 2020, 03:39:05 AM »
Weird, I was just out taking my dog on a walk and I saw a guy wearing some black/white/gum busenitz vulcs that appeared to be made of the synthetic nubuck stuff that adidas uses on the seeleys.  They were just like these, but the heel stabilizer thing was also gum to match the sole.  The guy did not appear to be a skateboarder so i have no idea where he might've gotten them and i didnt feel like stopping him to ask.  Isn't there a pal who works for adidas who might be able to confirm what i saw?

get Skatan on the case!