Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 169878 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #810 on: November 11, 2020, 12:01:06 PM »
i wouldn't trust evan smith on veganism, he was on film consuming animal product.

what evan is vegan skateboarding these days.

i see myself out...

vegangangzta

« Reply #811 on: November 11, 2020, 12:58:39 PM »
Etnies Devon Smillie Blitz

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #812 on: November 14, 2020, 03:44:36 PM »
Does anyone have any non-canvas recommendations? Was looking forward to trying out the accel slims but they don't have my size at the moment. Currently skating Nyjah's shoe.

vegangangzta

« Reply #813 on: November 15, 2020, 04:46:07 AM »
Does anyone have any non-canvas recommendations? Was looking forward to trying out the accel slims but they don't have my size at the moment. Currently skating Nyjah's shoe.

https://www.zumiez.com/es-accel-slim-black-white-red-skate-shoes.html (unless you wear 11.5)

These say “premium suede” on the site, but I own them and under the tongue it says “all man made materials”. Highly durable. I’d also recommend the etnies blitz. There’s two versions with faux suede right now. Green/gum and black/gum.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #814 on: November 15, 2020, 05:36:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://www.zumiez.com/es-accel-slim-black-white-red-skate-shoes.html (unless you wear 11.5)

These say “premium suede” on the site, but I own them and under the tongue it says “all man made materials”. Highly durable. I’d also recommend the etnies blitz. There’s two versions with faux suede right now. Green/gum and black/gum.
Sounds like you prefer cupsoles over vulc, in which case I’d also recommend the NB#420 which has been discussed a lot in this thread

MorningSesh

« Reply #815 on: November 15, 2020, 08:13:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Sounds like you prefer cupsoles over vulc, in which case I’d also recommend the NB#420 which has been discussed a lot in this thread
Thanks yall. Did not expect a new balance suggestion but the #420 looks pretty good. Now i want to cop both. I really wish they had more colorways for the accel slims.

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #816 on: November 15, 2020, 08:36:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Thanks yall. Did not expect a new balance suggestion but the #420 looks pretty good. Now i want to cop both. I really wish they had more colorways for the accel slims.
The accel slims are indeed very slim. If your feet are at all wide, i'd recommend going a different route. I've also been wanting to try the 420s. just trying to justify buying another pair of shoes.
No.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #817 on: November 15, 2020, 08:52:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
The accel slims are indeed very slim. If your feet are at all wide, i'd recommend going a different route. I've also been wanting to try the 420s. just trying to justify buying another pair of shoes.
100% agree.  I have a normal-to-narrow foot and the accel slims still squeezed my forefoot to the point that I could only skate in them twice.  I wish i could size-up to help alleviate that, but the length was already pretty roomy.   Now, the complaint about the 420s is the exact opposite...super roomy forefoot. 

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #818 on: November 15, 2020, 07:13:29 PM »
If you get the 420s make sure they are the faux suede ones NOT the plasticy ones.
420s are great, esp if you don't like elf shoes. They give your toes more room to move which might seem weird at first but it amazing once you get used to it. Mine broke in in the first session!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Cubz

• Rep: 3
« Reply #819 on: November 16, 2020, 12:26:28 AM »
Just saw these, they seem to be vegan (not my thing, but maybe some of you here can be interested) : https://axionfootwear.com/collections/footwear/products/majik and another colorway : https://axionfootwear.com/collections/footwear/products/majik-black

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #820 on: November 16, 2020, 04:41:51 AM »
Funny, I was looking at those axions today thinking, “they look synth...”
No way I could pull them off though

padded_shorts

« Reply #821 on: November 16, 2020, 07:55:59 AM »
I ordered a pair of Symbols from eS. I was considering the evant, but I've been skating the white Winkowski Omens and didn't really want another white shoe. Still haven't tried the 420, but not really into the black/blue colorway that is out now. I really wish I had jumped on the limited green ones in the spring. I've seen some on ebay, but I'm not paying some shoe scalper an extra $50. It's too bad the newest accel plus everstitch has suede on it. That is a really good shoe. Also the code WELCOME10 gets you 20% off at eS with free shipping. I was wondering about that axion too. Anyone get word from them if it is fully vegan? Not sure it's something I would buy, but it's good there are some options.
No.

padded_shorts

« Reply #822 on: November 16, 2020, 08:44:07 AM »
I asked on instagram and that Axion shoe is vegan. It seems like they are doing limited runs though, so it may not be around for very long. Good to see some vegan stuff coming out though.
No.

vegangangzta

« Reply #823 on: November 20, 2020, 02:25:43 PM »
https://fallenfootwear.us/collections/vegan/products/t-gun-black-rasta

Was never big on Rasta colors, but it’s kinda taking me back to the iPath days. Also nubuck. Nice!  8)

vegangangzta

« Reply #824 on: November 21, 2020, 04:50:11 PM »
Also, I just saw these. I feel liked they were talked about a few pages back...the description says textile and synthetic. Anyone have em?

https://www.adidas.com/us/busenitz-pro-shoes/G48060.html

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #825 on: November 21, 2020, 09:56:02 PM »
↑ we went through this a few pages back but adidas sucks at labeling and suck even more at fixing their incorrect labeling ...

padded_shorts

« Reply #826 on: November 24, 2020, 05:58:18 AM »
I got my Symbols. They are the chunkiest shoe I've had in 20 years. I could probably go for a little less tongue, its about an inch thick. Pretty stiff, going to take some breaking in. The faux suede looks really nice. Not sure when I'll get to skate them as it's winter and covid shut down the indoor parks.
No.

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 90
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #827 on: November 25, 2020, 04:08:14 AM »
I think I might cop the synth Shell Toes soon, 'cause I miss skating shell toes and they look pretty decent.

Will post what the score is once I skate 'em.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #828 on: November 25, 2020, 04:38:03 AM »
I think I might cop the synth Shell Toes soon, 'cause I miss skating shell toes and they look pretty decent.

Will post what the score is once I skate 'em.
I got a pair a couple months ago, haven’t skated them yet but they feel like they would skate great

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #829 on: November 25, 2020, 05:32:16 AM »
Yeah, they shell toes are teasing me too; to go black or white is the question. Are they tts? Some sites here are saying half size up...

@padded_shorts post some pics of the symbols on foot when you have a chance! Do they look ridiculously chunky?

pedro_mayn

• 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #830 on: November 25, 2020, 06:11:29 AM »
Yeah, they shell toes are teasing me too; to go black or white is the question. Are they tts? Some sites here are saying half size up...

It does say on the Adidas site that you should go half a size up as well.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

padded_shorts

« Reply #831 on: November 25, 2020, 06:18:26 AM »

They do look pretty chunky. I'm hoping that once they break in a little more I'll be able to lace them up all the way. I have a tall foot and it's too tight at the top with that fat tongue. They are very warm so they should be good for winter. They really don't look as bad as I thought they might. Definitely make you feel nostalgic for when every shoe looked like this.
No.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #832 on: November 25, 2020, 06:17:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It does say on the Adidas site that you should go half a size up as well.
cheers!
@padded_shorts they’re cool, don’t know if I could pull them off though. Interested to hear how they skate? I can’t find the evant vegan version anywhere...

Also, just going to quote this here for future reference:

Expand Quote
@rothdigga please do keep the 420s around, they fill a nice gap in the lack of vegan cupsoles market.
A while back you talked about 3 new vegan models coming out next spring right?
Will there be a cupsole/ non-canvas shoe in that mix?
[close]

420's should have a special drop each year and I would expect that to continue, so you'll always have those.  I think one of the vegan options is synthetic suede so that's good and the 420's are always non-canvas. 

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #833 on: November 26, 2020, 12:32:05 AM »
I'm still rotating with the two pairs of Sate Bishop I bought of September 10th.
Having two pairs is cool because you can let the shoegoo dry while you skate the other.

I liked them so much that I just bought another two pairs of the cream Bishop for 50€.

I think they will last me enough to try the faux suede Last Resort this spring.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #834 on: November 26, 2020, 01:47:03 AM »
My 420s are still going so strong!
I got some emerica omens in canvas for half price, not sure if I like them...

pedro_mayn

• 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #835 on: November 26, 2020, 03:54:37 AM »
So I looked at NB's website to see if they have any decent synthetic shoes and I noticed under the details for the AM425 it states 'synthetic and mesh'.

https://www.newbalance.co.uk/men/shoes/lifestyle/court-classics/all-coasts-am425/AM425V1-32237.html?dwvar_AM425V1-32237_style=AM425WGN#style=AM425WGN&size=7.5&width=D

Just in case y'all didn't know.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #836 on: November 26, 2020, 05:52:29 AM »

You got the green faux suede ones ? Those are pretty hard to find but the construction seems very nice.
I looked at the omens online for some time, but in the end I wasn't sure I would like them either.
Are they as big as they seem in pictures ? I mean, compared to the indicators ?
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #837 on: November 26, 2020, 06:44:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You got the green faux suede ones ? Those are pretty hard to find but the construction seems very nice.
I looked at the omens online for some time, but in the end I wasn't sure I would like them either.
Are they as big as they seem in pictures ? I mean, compared to the indicators ?
yes, I do have the green 4/20 limited edition ones. quality is top notch, chucked some footprint insoles in there too and never looked back.
I don't know if the omens are *that* big, I kinda bought them for the winter because my only other two skate shoes are the 420 and Riley 2 slip-ons at this point which aren't exactly built for super cold days. I haven't skated in them yet, but I will say they have quite  a bit of room in the toebox meaning you could rock them with fairly warm socks!

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #838 on: November 26, 2020, 06:51:24 AM »
So I looked at NB's website to see if they have any decent synthetic shoes and I noticed under the details for the AM425 it states 'synthetic and mesh'.

https://www.newbalance.co.uk/men/shoes/lifestyle/court-classics/all-coasts-am425/AM425V1-32237.html?dwvar_AM425V1-32237_style=AM425WGN#style=AM425WGN&size=7.5&width=D

Just in case y'all didn't know.
Yep!  I’ve had my eye on these for a few weeks now but haven’t pulled the trigger yet because I already have too many shoes and I’m trying to reduce my skate purchases from the big sports brands.  But damn I really like those! If there’s a significant weekend sale that might just be my last straw...

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #839 on: November 26, 2020, 07:57:45 AM »
Just so it's known the state Elgin shoe must have some special stuff holding it together.

I figured hole day one but I've skated the like 6x likely over 20 hrs. No hole just a light spot.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)