Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 171682 times)

padded_shorts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #870 on: December 08, 2020, 09:11:31 AM »
Any thoughts on why there aren't more options? I'm returning to skating regularly after many years off, and have been surprised there aren't more shoes available.

I've been skating in vans authentic pros, but my feet are sliding all over the place in the shoes and I've been getting wicked blisters. Not to mention the soles have started to peel away in just a few sessions.

Picked up some NB 420s at everyone's suggestions here and maybe it's my flat feet, but they were some of the most uncomfortable shoes I've worn. My feet were in pain after a 20 minute walk. Ordered some fp gamechangers insoles and am going to swap those in and see if they do the trick.

Any suggestions for something similar that holds up well and is comfortable and synth?

Also, figured I'd post here, but I've got some size 11 14oz black half cabs that have never been worn. Found out after purchasing that I'm an 11.5 and they've been chilling ever since.
DM if interested.

oh man, if only those were a 12.
No.

padded_shorts

« Reply #871 on: December 08, 2020, 09:22:57 AM »
also gene, check out the eS vegan pack, (symbol, evant, accel slim). I have the symbols, they are pretty chunky but very comfortable. Emerica has the omen hi winkowski, its canvas but very sturdy and holds up pretty well. If you can find a pair of accel plus everstitch in the previous colorways, the current has suede, they are amazing shoes.
No.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #872 on: December 08, 2020, 09:57:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Any thoughts on why there aren't more options? I'm returning to skating regularly after many years off, and have been surprised there aren't more shoes available.

I've been skating in vans authentic pros, but my feet are sliding all over the place in the shoes and I've been getting wicked blisters. Not to mention the soles have started to peel away in just a few sessions.

Picked up some NB 420s at everyone's suggestions here and maybe it's my flat feet, but they were some of the most uncomfortable shoes I've worn. My feet were in pain after a 20 minute walk. Ordered some fp gamechangers insoles and am going to swap those in and see if they do the trick.

Any suggestions for something similar that holds up well and is comfortable and synth?

Also, figured I'd post here, but I've got some size 11 14oz black half cabs that have never been worn. Found out after purchasing that I'm an 11.5 and they've been chilling ever since.
DM if interested.

[close]
oh man, if only those were a 12.
I have a pair of the vegan Old Skool pro bmx in size 12 that I'd be down to sell, if you're interested.  Never worn besides just trying them on out of the box.  I have too many other shoes on deck. 

padded_shorts

« Reply #873 on: December 08, 2020, 01:14:49 PM »
that is tempting. I'll think about it. I also have a few more shoes than I actually need.
No.

geneparmesan

• Rep: 21
« Reply #874 on: December 08, 2020, 07:42:33 PM »
also gene, check out the eS vegan pack, (symbol, evant, accel slim). I have the symbols, they are pretty chunky but very comfortable. Emerica has the omen hi winkowski, its canvas but very sturdy and holds up pretty well. If you can find a pair of accel plus everstitch in the previous colorways, the current has suede, they are amazing shoes.

Thanks. How's the board feel on the symbols?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #875 on: December 08, 2020, 11:15:36 PM »
Can’t vouch for the symbol but it looks pretty chunky!
As padded shorts said, find a pair of vegan accel plus in everstitch or maybe even some of the old swifts if you can find them? Best outsole I’ve skated in years; breaks in right out of the box, great boardfeel without sacrificing support.

Accel slims in black synth could also work if you think you’d rip the canvas ones?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 01:58:32 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #876 on: December 09, 2020, 02:11:22 AM »

DM if interested.

Missed op for Vans. The full canvas half cab is such a pain to find. Caught a pair at their store in the clearance section. Online was only pulling the suede version.

Wonder why they wouldn’t push this as not only a classic offering but also as a “conscious” choice. Seeing as the half cab is “in” right now. They could upgrade it to a pro, and you’d have skaters of all kinds coppin’.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #877 on: December 09, 2020, 10:22:04 AM »
i would do some unspeakable things for a vegan halfcab pro

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #878 on: December 09, 2020, 10:23:45 AM »
there was a good stretch in the late 00s where Vans Syndicate made a bunch of vegan options in what are now the equivalent of halfcab pros...the hemp ones and the 'bulletproof' ones, and i stocked up at the time but obviously that stock ran out.  Nothing since...

padded_shorts

« Reply #879 on: December 09, 2020, 10:35:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks. How's the board feel on the symbols?
I haven't skated them yet, it's winter here and the governor shut down the indoor parks due to the pandemic. I still haven't decided if I'm going to or not. The outsole is super thick. I'm at least an inch taller in them, but it's really cushy. so much so that the insole is maybe 2mm. I've been wearing them to work for a couple weeks and they are great for walking around in. I haven't skated a sole that thick in 20 years or so. I'm intrigued to see how they skate. They are comfortable and very supportive. I didn't mention, but I do have a pair of the accel slims that came out in a synth colorway a couple months ago. When they say slim, they mean slim. I can't wear them, my feet are too wide.
No.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #880 on: December 09, 2020, 01:44:48 PM »
the "slim" in Accel Slims is supposed to refer to the reduced padding in the ankle and tongue, but I agree with you, they are ungodly narrow.  I couldn't wear mine either, and I don't have a wide foot at all.

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 84
« Reply #881 on: December 10, 2020, 12:04:12 PM »
I've been skating the E's vegan Evants... Pretty good honestly, they've held up pretty well. Feel sorta beefy but it's not too bad... Honestly tho, best vegan shoe i've skated all year are the Emerica Omen hi Winkowski's... I hate hi tops but they felt so good and lasted so long... Considering buying them again honestly... Any word on when Last Resort drops their vegan shoes?

OrangeVHStapes

« Reply #882 on: December 10, 2020, 02:38:24 PM »
I've been skating the E's vegan Evants... Pretty good honestly, they've held up pretty well. Feel sorta beefy but it's not too bad... Honestly tho, best vegan shoe i've skated all year are the Emerica Omen hi Winkowski's... I hate hi tops but they felt so good and lasted so long... Considering buying them again honestly... Any word on when Last Resort drops their vegan shoes?

No idea why I said honestly so much... Honestly... Fuck.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #883 on: December 10, 2020, 03:19:01 PM »
I've never been a fan of hi tops either, but the Vans AA Authentic Hi's have been my favorite shoe this year by far!  Now i'm thinking maybe i should try out those emericas...
Saw on the general upcoming thread that the vegan Last Resorts aren't dropping until April 2021 :(

edit: here's the info from the other thread:

Last Resort Drop 2 releasing sometime in early to mid December:
VM001 Suede and VM001 Suede Hi both in black/white, black/black, navy/black, and white/black.
No canvas in Drop 2.

Last Resort Drop 3 releasing sometime in April 21:
VM001 Suede black/white, white/white, olive/white, burnt orange/white
VM001 Suede Hi black/white, white/white, olive/white
VM001 Canvas and VM001 Canvas Hi both in black/white, sea blue/white, emerald/white
VM002 Suede - Not that different from the VM001. Kinda has an Old Skool toe and a fancier vulc wrap. People who don't like Last Resort are gonna shit all over it. Black/white, white/white, deep blue/white, cheddar white.
No canvas or high top versions of the VM002.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #884 on: December 10, 2020, 06:03:17 PM »
Got the emerica hi tips on ice and just ordered some vegan sambas ... my name’s GISM and I have a vegan shoe problem

@OrangeVHStapes where did you get the evants? Can’t find them anywhere ...

Cubz

• Rep: 3
« Reply #885 on: December 10, 2020, 11:25:40 PM »
Got the emerica hi tips on ice and just ordered some vegan sambas ... my name’s GISM and I have a vegan shoe problem

Super tempted by these vegan sambas... Let us know how they feel when you have them !

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #886 on: December 10, 2020, 11:52:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I've never been a fan of hi tops either, but the Vans AA Authentic Hi's have been my favorite shoe this year by far!  Now i'm thinking maybe i should try out those emericas...
Saw on the general upcoming thread that the vegan Last Resorts aren't dropping until April 2021 :(

VM001 Suede and VM001 Suede Hi both in black/white, black/black, navy/black, and white/black.
No canvas in Drop 2.

VM001 Canvas and VM001 Canvas Hi both in black/white, sea blue/white, emerald/white
VM002 Suede - Not that different from the VM001. Kinda has an Old Skool toe and a fancier vulc wrap. People who don't like Last Resort are gonna shit all over it. Black/white, white/white, deep blue/white, cheddar white.

So, no release date for those faux-suede LR ?  :-\
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #887 on: December 11, 2020, 01:47:12 AM »
Last resort just sent me a pic of their low and hitop vegan models for drop 3; all canvas with vegan suede details apparently ...

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #888 on: December 11, 2020, 07:00:00 AM »
Just copped a pair of black and white shell toes from the Adidas site.

I have quite wide feet so I was worried if it was half a size up with width, as opposed to length.

All was good with the size I bought and they feel exactly like normal shell toes.

I've got these ones for chillers but once I skate my current collection I'll buy some for skating and report back on that front.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

padded_shorts

« Reply #889 on: December 11, 2020, 08:47:11 AM »

The omens really don't feel that much higher that a half cab. I've been wary of hi tops in the past as well and I did really like the  omens. Maybe tonight I'll put them side by side with an old pair of half cabs I have and see.
No.

OrangeVHStapes

« Reply #890 on: December 11, 2020, 08:55:32 AM »

@Gay Imp Sausage Metal

Got em from the e's site like the first day they went up...

Just checked, they still have em

https://www.esskateboarding.com/us/shop/footwear/evant-5101000171.html?dwvar_5101000171_color=050#start=2

padded_shorts

« Reply #891 on: December 11, 2020, 12:18:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

@Gay Imp Sausage Metal

https://www.esskateboarding.com/us/shop/footwear/evant-5101000171.html?dwvar_5101000171_color=050#start=2
look around, there is usually a 20% off code floating around somewhere for them.
No.

padded_shorts

« Reply #892 on: December 11, 2020, 06:17:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
The omens really don't feel that much higher that a half cab. I've been wary of hi tops in the past as well and I did really like the  omens. Maybe tonight I'll put them side by side with an old pair of half cabs I have and see.
The omens have one more lace hole than a half cab. About an inch taller.
No.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #893 on: December 11, 2020, 06:40:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

@Gay Imp Sausage Metal

[close]
look around, there is usually a 20% off code floating around somewhere for them.
eS don’t ship intl. and every distributor here has them in every colour except the vegan one...

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #894 on: December 12, 2020, 06:34:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

No canvas in Drop 2.

[close]

So, no release date for those faux-suede LR ?  :-\
here's the drop 3 pic I got, all canvas apparently ...

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #895 on: December 12, 2020, 12:46:33 PM »
I’m going to buy every one of those lows, and at least one of the highs

TheVisitor

• Rep: -13
« Reply #896 on: December 13, 2020, 08:36:42 PM »
Is there anything special about the Janoski RM Canvas? Are they gonna be shredded after one session? Any rubber underneath toe cap ? Buying my first pair of them, so no clue what to expect.

geneparmesan

• Rep: 21
« Reply #897 on: December 14, 2020, 08:15:24 PM »
the "slim" in Accel Slims is supposed to refer to the reduced padding in the ankle and tongue, but I agree with you, they are ungodly narrow.  I couldn't wear mine either, and I don't have a wide foot at all.

You guys weren't kidding about these. Holy shit, elf shoes for real. Just got a pair, but they're immediately going up for resale.

I found some canvas half cabs size 12 on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VANS-Half-Cab-Mens-Skate-Shoes-US-Size-12-Black-White-VN000KWY1W1/363060908936?hash=item54881dd388:g:P~wAAOSwLfZeWrwe

Also, for anyone with a flat foot, I've had good success with the fp gamechangers insole so far. Helped the NB420s feel a lot better.

Going to try out the Omen Hi Winkowskis next.

Thanks everyone for the info on here.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #898 on: December 15, 2020, 12:52:13 AM »
Those Last Resort look good !
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

OrangeVHStapes

« Reply #899 on: December 15, 2020, 07:53:47 AM »
Those last resorts look awesome... Will definitely purchase once available...

I hope to god they aren't just normal canvas that rips an ollie hole in one day.