Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 169908 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #1050 on: April 05, 2021, 01:36:02 PM »
Anyone know when those vegan Last Resort AB models are going to be available for purchase in U.S.?

I'm holding off from buying any shoes right now until those are available. I sure hope there's gonna be a size 13.

everybody says they fit pretty big, so maybe you could fit well in a 12. pretty much everyone seems to have to size down a half or even whole size in last resort.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1051 on: April 05, 2021, 03:09:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone know when those vegan Last Resort AB models are going to be available for purchase in U.S.?

I'm holding off from buying any shoes right now until those are available. I sure hope there's gonna be a size 13.
[close]

everybody says they fit pretty big, so maybe you could fit well in a 12. pretty much everyone seems to have to size down a half or even whole size in last resort.
Months ago they said "early April" and the LRAB and Sami's instagrams have been teasing images of boxes in the warehouse ready to go, so should be any day now...

Morning Jazz Radio

• Rep: 20
  • Have your coffee with some jazz!
« Reply #1052 on: April 05, 2021, 10:14:14 PM »
Thanks for the helpful info!

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #1053 on: April 06, 2021, 05:17:09 AM »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1054 on: April 06, 2021, 06:11:34 AM »

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1055 on: April 07, 2021, 06:59:13 AM »
I know Nike isn't so popular in this thread, but since they're SBs and vegan, I'll update here that a few new colors of the blazer courts are up on the site. 
https://www.nike.com/t/sb-blzr-court-skate-shoe-R6bVLk/CV1658-102

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1056 on: April 07, 2021, 07:11:20 AM »
https://instagram.com/stories/99siri/2546598072904293663?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=bu1mqq3w2iuo
Someone got the jump on those white new vegan eS and it looks like there is a new accel slim colorway, hopefully synth!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

culdesac

• Rep: -9
« Reply #1057 on: April 07, 2021, 05:06:06 PM »
Back in March New Balance's instagram said they'd have another 420 coming in April, but judging by all the port delays it looks like those are being pushed

In the mean time, I went on a serious hunt for some more of these and found that using the google image search was one of the best ways to track them down. Next to the image it'll actually say if it's in stock and have a link to where to buy it. Was able to get some old stock that was heavily discounted

Lately been riding canvas half cabs I got of ebay and I don't understand why vans doesn't put these out regularly. Who's their tm? Seems like a canvas cab would be a great seller

Cubz

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1058 on: April 08, 2021, 01:52:56 AM »
Back in March New Balance's instagram said they'd have another 420 coming in April, but judging by all the port delays it looks like those are being pushed

In the mean time, I went on a serious hunt for some more of these and found that using the google image search was one of the best ways to track them down. Next to the image it'll actually say if it's in stock and have a link to where to buy it. Was able to get some old stock that was heavily discounted

Lately been riding canvas half cabs I got of ebay and I don't understand why vans doesn't put these out regularly. Who's their tm? Seems like a canvas cab would be a great seller

Please can you put the link of the IG post of these 420 (or directly a pic) ? I went on their IG and couldn't find the post.
Where did you find some old 420 ?

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #1059 on: April 08, 2021, 03:17:50 AM »

You’re right. The canvas joints are just as well built but lack the “pro” insole. I think most companies blown it by not having a straight up black canvas kick. Pretty bad when the vans site itself doesn’t carry a full canvas option.

If you search 14oz canvas half cans you can find plenty on the cheap. Vans had a discount site somewhere on the web where I got mine from. Slap the old insoles in and wait on companies to catch up.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1060 on: April 08, 2021, 06:31:06 AM »
Does anyone know of an all-black canvas and rubber (or synth) mid- or high-top skate shoe? I have the monochrome canvas CTAS Pro Hi but would love to try something else.

culdesac

• Rep: -9
« Reply #1061 on: April 08, 2021, 09:51:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Please can you put the link of the IG post of these 420 (or directly a pic) ? I went on their IG and couldn't find the post.
Where did you find some old 420 ?

I’m sure rothdigga can give more info in the nb thread, but I commented on the nb ig account asking if there would be any more 420s and they said April

I don’t know what size you wear or where you’re located, but try google image and see

Was able to find some at chane.com and some random skate shops

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1062 on: April 08, 2021, 01:31:13 PM »
Does anyone know of an all-black canvas and rubber (or synth) mid- or high-top skate shoe? I have the monochrome canvas CTAS Pro Hi but would love to try something else.
You should be able to order custom vans sk8 hi, the vans stripe would have to be sparkly though.
No.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1063 on: April 08, 2021, 02:01:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You should be able to order custom vans sk8 hi, the vans stripe would have to be sparkly though.
I just commented on the VansSkate instagram the other day asking if we'll ever get a non-leather non-glitter jazz stripe option in the customizer.  One can dream!

Cubz

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1064 on: April 09, 2021, 10:08:38 AM »
Ok, thanks @culdesac !

I just commented the new IG publication of NBNumeric asking them when the new 420 will be available, they answer "7/10", so we'll have to be patient...

padded_shorts

« Reply #1065 on: April 09, 2021, 10:25:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I just commented on the VansSkate instagram the other day asking if we'll ever get a non-leather non-glitter jazz stripe option in the customizer.  One can dream!
I'd be happy with a "no stripe" option, but we know that can't happen.
No.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1066 on: April 09, 2021, 10:38:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Do they really use a leather side stripe on these?

https://www.vans.com/shop/sk8-hi-black-black-black

padded_shorts

« Reply #1067 on: April 09, 2021, 12:16:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Currently they do. They used to make a vegan version of these as well as the old skools. they were all black canvas with black canvas stripe. Same time they made the canvas half cabs. Not sure why they won't make those anymore.
No.

padded_shorts

« Reply #1068 on: April 09, 2021, 12:40:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Currently they do. They used to make a vegan version of these as well as the old skools. they were all black canvas with black canvas stripe. Same time they made the canvas half cabs. Not sure why they won't make those anymore.
I just talked to someone at Vans and they told me that the black glitter and blue iridescent stripes listed as textile are actually made of leather too. So I guess there are no vegan sk8 hi's, even with ugly stripes.
No.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1069 on: April 09, 2021, 03:22:52 PM »
damn that's fucked up

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 82
« Reply #1070 on: April 10, 2021, 12:17:18 PM »
I thought that most recent Last Resort drop was gonna have some vegan options... I guess there is gonna be another one this month?

padded_shorts

No.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1072 on: April 13, 2021, 02:45:35 PM »

padded_shorts

« Reply #1073 on: April 14, 2021, 09:17:05 AM »
I like the look of those new frankys. I think my days of skating in low shoes are probably over, but I would wear those as everyday shoes.
No.

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #1074 on: April 14, 2021, 09:25:46 AM »

I asked Pontus the other day and he said yes to 13 and soon.
ok thanks

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1075 on: April 14, 2021, 10:09:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

think it’s the royal blue high model they’ve showed a couple times in the story

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1076 on: April 14, 2021, 11:25:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
think it’s the royal blue high model they’ve showed a couple times in the story
there were some other canvas lows that were shown a while back, I remember a pine green and a blue one, but also those kinda stopped being teased and only the blue highs have since been shown as "the vegan" one.  I hope the lows didn't get dropped!  definitely interested in the lows more than the highs.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #1077 on: April 16, 2021, 01:06:51 PM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1078 on: April 17, 2021, 03:36:49 AM »
White states or white NB#, I usually can’t rock white but the NBs look a tad more durable

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1079 on: April 17, 2021, 09:02:24 AM »
Those State Bushwicks just remind me of some 2nd-rate H&M-style chuck ripoffs, and lo and behold https://www2.hm.com/en_us/productpage.0956106004.html
Go with the NBs