Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 171274 times)

OrangeVHStapes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 84
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #1080 on: April 19, 2021, 06:33:24 AM »
As I wait in limbo for the Last Resort AB vegan drop I found DC has about 9 vegan colorways of the manual.

https://www.dcshoes.com/mens-collection-skate-manual/

Didn't see it posted here... Some of them don't look THAT bad actually.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1081 on: April 19, 2021, 06:36:43 AM »
As I wait in limbo for the Last Resort AB vegan drop I found DC has about 9 vegan colorways of the manual.

all manuals are vegan/ canvas no?
I was given some prototypes a while back, still happy to ship them out to anyone who wants to cover the postage !

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1082 on: April 19, 2021, 06:57:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I was given some prototypes a while back, still happy to ship them out to anyone who wants to cover the postage !
there are a bunch of real suede colorways as well

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1083 on: April 19, 2021, 07:28:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
there are a bunch of real suede colorways as well
strange that they went down that route, when the rep contacted me way back when, he mentioned they’d only be vegan. I guess this is the same company that promised to make Evan a vegan shoe, and then produced multiple suede models despite him even speaking out about it in an interview

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1084 on: April 19, 2021, 07:51:47 AM »
Dudes, honestly just get the Synthetic Stan Smiths. Better than all that Canvas bullshit that rips within two ollies. It's crazy how skate brands vegan offers are basically only flimsy canvas shoes... I've been skating a pair of (leather) stans and its a great skate shoe tbh, but my friend is skating the synthetic version and those things are holding up as good as mine! Make sure it has the "primegreen" logo in the insole and you should be good. https://www.adidas.de/en/stan-smith-shoes/FX5502.html

There's also Vegan Superstar and Sambas if you guys are more into those models...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #1085 on: April 19, 2021, 08:44:06 AM »
Dudes, honestly just get the Synthetic Stan Smiths. Better than all that Canvas bullshit that rips within two ollies. It's crazy how skate brands vegan offers are basically only flimsy canvas shoes... I've been skating a pair of (leather) stans and its a great skate shoe tbh, but my friend is skating the synthetic version and those things are holding up as good as mine! Make sure it has the "primegreen" logo in the insole and you should be good. https://www.adidas.de/en/stan-smith-shoes/FX5502.html

There's also Vegan Superstar and Sambas if you guys are more into those models...

My Shelltoes I use for chillers are so dope, definitely going to try for skating soon.

The fake leather is definitely of good quality.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1086 on: April 19, 2021, 12:56:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My Shelltoes I use for chillers are so dope, definitely going to try for skating soon.

The fake leather is definitely of good quality.
I bought the trifecta when they came out...the vegan sambas, superstars and stan smiths.  Of that bunch, the Stan Smiths are definitely the most skate-able.  The sambas are too thin in the sole (which is understandable, they're originally intended as an indoor soccer shoe), the superstars would be great but i find the sole to be a bit too narrow & tall in the heel, definitely feels like i would roll my ankle pretty easily in them.  The Stans are just a straight up thin cupsole without being too thin.  The Andrew Cannon youtube review of them is spot-on as well. 

culdesac

• Rep: -9
« Reply #1087 on: April 19, 2021, 02:05:16 PM »
How’s the width on the Stan Smiths compared to the nb420?

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1088 on: April 19, 2021, 02:17:31 PM »
How’s the width on the Stan Smiths compared to the nb420?
a bit narrower, but mainly because the toebox isn't fucking huge like it is on the 420s.  The stan is the widest of the three noted above tho.  I'd call it a standard width.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1089 on: April 20, 2021, 08:55:07 AM »
Looks like this upcoming spiderweb pack from Cons will be vegan.  Rubber-backed canvas uppers.  Includes a Louie Lopez, CTAS high, and one star slip.  Releases 4/23

https://www.converse.com/shop/p/cons-louie-lopez-pro-skate-shoe/170939MP.html?dwvar_170939MP_color=white%2Fblack%2Funiversity%20red&styleNo=170939C&cgid=skateboarding-shoes

bighead

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1090 on: April 20, 2021, 09:48:47 AM »
What about the lining?

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 145
« Reply #1091 on: April 20, 2021, 12:38:35 PM »
What about the lining?

Definitely looks like leather. Hopefully I'm wrong though, I kinda dig these.

45Polar

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1092 on: April 20, 2021, 02:04:43 PM »
I asked about all three and was told they have a synthetic lining

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1093 on: April 20, 2021, 03:15:54 PM »
that would be very odd to have a leather lining...that's typically reserved for higher-quality "deluxe" releases

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1094 on: April 20, 2021, 03:48:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone know when those vegan Last Resort AB models are going to be available for purchase in U.S.?

I'm holding off from buying any shoes right now until those are available. I sure hope there's gonna be a size 13.
[close]

I asked Pontus the other day and he said yes to 13 and soon.
[close]
think it’s the royal blue high model they’ve showed a couple times in the story
[close]
there were some other canvas lows that were shown a while back, I remember a pine green and a blue one, but also those kinda stopped being teased and only the blue highs have since been shown as "the vegan" one.  I hope the lows didn't get dropped!  definitely interested in the lows more than the highs.
DM'd Pontus (like a man) and the green vegan lows are still coming

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1095 on: April 20, 2021, 07:17:57 PM »
Last resort IG story has the navy vegan hi’s posted as well

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1096 on: April 21, 2021, 03:08:11 AM »

keen to try some Stan smiths actually (how’s the sizing?), now if they can only bring those vegan materials over to the skate line!

Also, these look better than any vegan model they’ve released to date:
https://vegnews.com/2021/4/adidas-vegan-mushroom-leather-stan-smith-sneaker?fbclid=IwAR3rwjB1iT4dtNbdq1X2LtRpOSPpyv54GFqrKCee9FX0SslUzFSsGMFIAyk

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1097 on: April 21, 2021, 03:28:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
keen to try some Stan smiths actually (how’s the sizing?), now if they can only bring those vegan materials over to the skate line!

Also, these look better than any vegan model they’ve released to date:
https://vegnews.com/2021/4/adidas-vegan-mushroom-leather-stan-smith-sneaker?fbclid=IwAR3rwjB1iT4dtNbdq1X2LtRpOSPpyv54GFqrKCee9FX0SslUzFSsGMFIAyk

They fit TTS in my opinion. Standard width.

Those Mushroom leather ones are cool but from what I've heard its only a concept shoe for now. That material kinda falls apart and its still in a development process from what I was told... So it will take a bit until they make a widely available version of that I think.

I also forgot to mention these ones: https://www.adidas.de/en/continental-80-vegan-shoes/FW2336.html
A lot of people actually like to skate this shoe (see Mike Arnold), and now there's this Vegan version out that might suit you folks...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1098 on: April 21, 2021, 04:48:54 PM »
Cheers for the info @Sk.A.T.A.N
Would be keen to check out some continentals too as I like cupsoles!

Vegan last resorts drop in japan tomorrow, it’s a toss up between them, new NB 213s or some emerica Dickson although they are all vulcs...
You can’t remove the insole on the last resorts can you? Anyone want to comment on the quality?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1099 on: April 21, 2021, 05:04:57 PM »
Cheers for the info @Sk.A.T.A.N
Would be keen to check out some continentals too as I like cupsoles!

Vegan last resorts drop in japan tomorrow, it’s a toss up between them, new NB 213s or some emerica Dickson although they are all vulcs...
You can’t remove the insole on the last resorts can you? Anyone want to comment on the quality?

You’re welcome GISM!
Also, pretty sure you can remove any insole if you’re committed enough. Either heat it up with an hair dryer or worst case scenario put it in the microwave for like 20/30 secs and rip it off. I did that once with some regular chucks and the insole came out right off (if you ever tried to take one of those you know how hard it is).

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1100 on: April 22, 2021, 04:27:35 AM »
Looks like the vegan lows will come in black, blue and green

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1103 on: April 22, 2021, 05:44:22 AM »
Looks like the vegan lows will come in black, blue and green

that shop is pretty close to me, but probs won't be able to hit up without a day trip, sucks too cuz the sizing is doing my head in... camel clutch just got their shipment too!

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1104 on: April 22, 2021, 05:44:34 AM »
yeah whoa, wasn't aware of that white/black accel plus

Cubz

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1105 on: April 22, 2021, 05:53:57 AM »
I think I'm gonna go with the Silo, cuz it seems the Accel Slim Plus is not available in US7.5...

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1106 on: April 22, 2021, 06:03:46 AM »
big month for vegan shoes!  Just saw these Puig Primeblue's on paradeworld.  Not sure about that heel tab, but all the primeblue/primegreen stuff is supposed to be recycled cotton & polyester, so hopefully that's the case here as well.  Probably not really skatable either.  Would love a primegreen Puig! 

https://www.paradeworld.com/products/adidas-skateboarding-puig-pk-primeblue-shoes-ftwr-white-hazy-emerald-hazy-green-1-6641454547139/

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1107 on: April 22, 2021, 06:10:33 AM »
Damn! They just keep rolling in....

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 145
« Reply #1108 on: April 22, 2021, 07:50:25 AM »
big month for vegan shoes!  Just saw these Puig Primeblue's on paradeworld.  Not sure about that heel tab, but all the primeblue/primegreen stuff is supposed to be recycled cotton & polyester, so hopefully that's the case here as well.  Probably not really skatable either.  Would love a primegreen Puig! 

https://www.paradeworld.com/products/adidas-skateboarding-puig-pk-primeblue-shoes-ftwr-white-hazy-emerald-hazy-green-1-6641454547139/

I was really digging the look of the Puig's after Carl Aiken's switch to Adidas and wearing them in a clip. It's cool that they made these but release something skatable, damn.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #1109 on: April 22, 2021, 10:16:14 AM »
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 01:59:47 PM by skatekm0 »