Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 171721 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #1350 on: August 24, 2021, 12:11:57 AM »
Quattro and Silo SC have tongue straps! They're comfortable, both of them. I definitely recommend 0.5 up in both of those models, just like in the Marana/Joslin.

fair enough, I wish sole tech would unify their sizing a bit… accel plus slims are so prefect for me in my tts but in Evants I had to go half a size up: fine if you’ve got a local shop that carries them but nearly everything I buy is online these days

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #1351 on: August 24, 2021, 10:21:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Quattro and Silo SC have tongue straps! They're comfortable, both of them. I definitely recommend 0.5 up in both of those models, just like in the Marana/Joslin.

[close]
fair enough, I wish sole tech would unify their sizing a bit… accel plus slims are so prefect for me in my tts but in Evants I had to go half a size up: fine if you’ve got a local shop that carries them but nearly everything I buy is online these days

Likewise, but I've done some of that  legwork over the years trying to figure out the sizing also! Haha! Hopefully my experience can help you here if you have to buy online only.

Silo, Accel Slim and Accel Slim Plus: TTS
Evant, Silo SC, Quattro, Symbol: 0.5 up

Haven't tried Scheme, Sparta or any of the other puffy ones aside from Accel OG (which I'm unsure of because I haven't had one of the newer ones - only a couple pairs from 2017)

Marana, Joslin, Joslin 2, Veer, Score: 0.5 up
Marana Slip, Marana Vulc, Joslin Vulc: TTS
Super Champion Fun Zone

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1352 on: August 24, 2021, 09:09:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Likewise, but I've done some of that  legwork over the years trying to figure out the sizing also! Haha! Hopefully my experience can help you here if you have to buy online only.

Silo, Accel Slim and Accel Slim Plus: TTS
Evant, Silo SC, Quattro, Symbol: 0.5 up

Haven't tried Scheme, Sparta or any of the other puffy ones aside from Accel OG (which I'm unsure of because I haven't had one of the newer ones - only a couple pairs from 2017)

Marana, Joslin, Joslin 2, Veer, Score: 0.5 up
Marana Slip, Marana Vulc, Joslin Vulc: TTS
awesome, I'll keep this page bookmarked for future reference! really wanna try the joslin's

Fakie Manuel

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1353 on: August 26, 2021, 12:04:31 PM »
Has anyone tried out the Etnies Ranger LT yet? It looks like they just came out, but I'm curious.

I'm also wondering about the bulkiness of the Joslin. It looks like a lot of shoe, maybe not D3 level bulk, but still quite big. Has that been a problem for anyone?

I'm excited to see the current vegan wave across the brands. It feels good to have options.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1354 on: August 26, 2021, 01:23:14 PM »
I also gave those Rangers a second look when I first saw them, but I don't think they're intended to be skated.  Similar to the Vans EXO/Ultrarange/EVDNT stuff.  Thick soft foam midsole with limited outsole.

vegangangzta

« Reply #1355 on: September 23, 2021, 01:06:17 PM »
DC Customer Service has now told be TWICE that all of their shoes are made with ZERO animal products.

The leather is fake, the suede is fake, etc.

Is anyone familiar with this?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #1356 on: September 23, 2021, 01:21:34 PM »
DC Customer Service has now told be TWICE that all of their shoes are made with ZERO animal products.

ALL? I feel like if that’s true they’re missing out on a HUGE market.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1357 on: September 23, 2021, 02:07:34 PM »
that is definitely incorrect information

vegangangzta

« Reply #1358 on: September 23, 2021, 02:58:50 PM »
that is definitely incorrect information

Right? I mean, the more I look at the leather and suede. It definitely could be fake. Zumiez has the Wheat/Black Lynx Zeros labeled as “synthetic leather” and it definitely doesn’t look real. Maybe all the leather and suede is fake unless it clearly states “Cow” or “Pig”…which I feel like I’ve seen on the DC website. But yeah, I asked about this through email, as well as phone and was super clear with what exactly I was asking and they told me as a company, they do not us animal products. Hoping someone else will chime in with any info. If this is true, I’m about to buy some Lynx Zeros. I got the all canvas they recently dropped.

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #1359 on: September 23, 2021, 05:30:49 PM »
Just got some of the Etnies Windrows and they really did a great job on the production.

Insole is practically a pizza box kid with “some” foam. Doesn’t feel like it walking though. Going from Vans to these isn’t a great leap seeing as the insoles are way different.

Roomy toe box with a bit of a point, they really give me Nike feels when looking down on em’, but don’t feel cheesy seeing the E on the side like I would a swoosh. This is the only Etnies model out that doesn’t come off as corny to me.

Be great if they ran these in alternate colors, black mainly, but all in all the fake suede as they say walks like a duck and talks like duck. May as well be one.

Got a ton of photos, but Imgur hates me. Anyone have alternatives for getting that post link??

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1360 on: September 23, 2021, 08:35:26 PM »

are you talking to an intern?
There was a time in the early 00s where they had a lot of synth but even still… ALL is a massive claim!

Tried on some of the new black maranas the other day and they seemed to fit tts which doesn’t seem to be the consensus?
the shop also had the brown joslins but not in my size or 0.5 size up like others are recommending …

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 147
« Reply #1361 on: September 24, 2021, 05:03:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
are you talking to an intern?
There was a time in the early 00s where they had a lot of synth but even still… ALL is a massive claim!

Tried on some of the new black maranas the other day and they seemed to fit tts which doesn’t seem to be the consensus?
the shop also had the brown joslins but not in my size or 0.5 size up like others are recommending …

The Maranas were tts for me. I have wide, stubby feet though so it might have just been the shape.

I'm looking at those grey eS Quattros. If anyone knows, is the consensus for that shoe still to go a 0.5 size up.

djoekr

• Rep: 298
« Reply #1362 on: September 24, 2021, 05:21:16 AM »
I've got a pair of the DC Manual S but they dig into my heels real bad as they don't have any padding at all. I tossed them aside and only wear them for casual use at times, but I was wondering if anyone got any tips to make them skateable. I tried adding an old insole as makeshift padding but this totally ruined the feel of the shoe.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1363 on: September 24, 2021, 06:05:02 AM »
I've got a pair of the DC Manual S but they dig into my heels real bad as they don't have any padding at all. I tossed them aside and only wear them for casual use at times, but I was wondering if anyone got any tips to make them skateable. I tried adding an old insole as makeshift padding but this totally ruined the feel of the shoe.
manual was supposed to be their staple vegan model but I agree, it has literally no padding and it ran super small. They should have just come up with a simple cupsole instead …

vegangangzta

« Reply #1364 on: September 24, 2021, 08:04:04 AM »

Third employee to tell me everything’s fake.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1365 on: September 24, 2021, 08:19:28 AM »

lol i know i'm looking at it in black and white, right here in front of my face, but i still don't believe it.

vegangangzta

« Reply #1366 on: September 24, 2021, 08:25:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
lol i know i'm looking at it in black and white, right here in front of my face, but i still don't believe it.

Right? Lol. I almost feel like an asshole at this point.

I’m about to buy some “leather” or “suede” Lynx zeros.

Shrinedescender

« Reply #1367 on: September 24, 2021, 01:10:40 PM »

Some of their models say "Leather [cow]" in the composition details, but I refuse to believe everything labeled otherwise is vegan. If that's the case, I will drain my bank account in the next hour on the DC website.

Why even have "Vegan Friendly" plastered on the product page for some models to differentiate from the others then?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #1368 on: September 24, 2021, 01:38:30 PM »

if "leather [cow]" is the exception and not the rule over at DC, they should just go full vegan.

vegangangzta

« Reply #1369 on: September 24, 2021, 04:10:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Some of their models say "Leather [cow]" in the composition details, but I refuse to believe everything labeled otherwise is vegan. If that's the case, I will drain my bank account in the next hour on the DC website.

Why even have "Vegan Friendly" plastered on the product page for some models to differentiate from the others then?

Haha same and I sent one more email about the cow thing.  It’s just annoying companies aren’t clear about this shit. It’s obviously something customers care about. Non vegans will still buy your synthetic shoes. Most just don’t like canvas. But yeah, I’m about to buy some Lynx if that’s the case.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1370 on: September 25, 2021, 06:08:43 AM »
Their labeling/ stickers are fuct them because they all list animal Hide! Hell even Evan smith was getting angry at them because they kept dropping non vegan models of his first shoe…
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 08:35:52 PM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Shrinedescender

« Reply #1371 on: September 25, 2021, 07:37:57 PM »
Looks like Freestyle shop uploaded some, if not all, of the next season's offerings from SoleTech. We'll see what's up when the catalogs get released. As of now, these are all the synths I could find:

Shrinedescender

« Reply #1372 on: September 25, 2021, 07:53:29 PM »
Looks like Freestyle shop uploaded some, if not all, of the next season's offerings from SoleTech. We'll see what's up when the catalogs get released. As of now, these are all the synths I could find:

Damn I missed these. Might be my fave so far:

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1373 on: September 25, 2021, 08:36:36 PM »
Damn, nice detective work!!!

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #1374 on: September 30, 2021, 03:08:16 AM »
Any Euro/UK cats keen on Es, then they've done the drop for Autumn meaning the stuff listed previously with the vegan Quattros are up.

I copped the Quattros and Accel Plus, since they're both faves. I wasn't sure on the Eos as it's canvas and I've already stockpiled way too many shoes already haha.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1375 on: September 30, 2021, 05:43:53 AM »
Any Euro/UK cats keen on Es, then they've done the drop for Autumn meaning the stuff listed previously with the vegan Quattros are up.

I copped the Quattros and Accel Plus, since they're both faves. I wasn't sure on the Eos as it's canvas and I've already stockpiled way too many shoes already haha.
how’s the sizing on the Quattro? I’m tts in the accel plus. Nearly everyone says 0.5 size up though so I’ll probably run with it, evants ran small too…

Speaking of eS:

Are they claiming both colourways to be vegan?

Edit: apparently so
https://esskateboarding.com/collections/shop/products/cykle-white-green-gum
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 06:33:13 AM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

vegangangzta

« Reply #1376 on: October 01, 2021, 06:00:50 PM »
I have a brand new pair of Quattros for sale

Size 11.5 (fits like a 10.5)

Smallest Es shoe I’ve had yet.

Usually just size half up in the puffier shoes

Will ship within the United States and cut you a deal

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1377 on: October 05, 2021, 07:35:52 AM »
i just found this brand, not a skate shoe brand, but these look very skateable

https://www.beflamboyant.com/collections/all/products/ux-68-noir

also these look like project ba slip ons

https://www.nativeshoes.com/apollo-2-0/211070001505.html?cgid=adults-sustainable-collection&idx=11

pedro_mayn

• 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #1378 on: October 06, 2021, 06:40:37 AM »
how’s the sizing on the Quattro? I’m tts in the accel plus. Nearly everyone says 0.5 size up though so I’ll probably run with it, evants ran small too…

They're taking a sweet time to come, so I'll report back once I've got them!
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

pedro_mayn

• 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #1379 on: October 07, 2021, 04:54:27 AM »
I managed to receive the order just as I posted that, so happy days...

Anyways yeah, the Quattros seem fairly tight so I'd suggest a 1/2 size up.