Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 171724 times)

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #1560 on: April 20, 2022, 03:45:39 PM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1561 on: April 20, 2022, 06:22:40 PM »
Expand Quote
I ordered some blondeys …
[close]
Same
no idea on the sizing though, will probably flip them for some scrilla

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1562 on: April 20, 2022, 07:15:44 PM »
@JK42 ollie pads never work for me, my technique must suck because I scratch up the whole side panel when I ollie, not just the area near my pinky…

JK42

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1563 on: April 21, 2022, 12:15:41 AM »
@JK42 ollie pads never work for me, my technique must suck because I scratch up the whole side panel when I ollie, not just the area near my pinky…
Yeah me too. The ollie hole on my canvas vans is not where the rubber underlay is. Just got me thinking, about which part of the foot is dragged on the grip. A friend recommended the BLZR,  where the rubber patch is on top of the canvas. So i just wondered if its my technique. Not really a vegan shoe question per se.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #1564 on: April 21, 2022, 01:32:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah me too. The ollie hole on my canvas vans is not where the rubber underlay is. Just got me thinking, about which part of the foot is dragged on the grip. A friend recommended the BLZR,  where the rubber patch is on top of the canvas. So i just wondered if its my technique. Not really a vegan shoe question per se.

While we are on the topic, it seems that vegan shoes often rely on that rubber piece for the toe/Ollie area. It would be nice if they tried something different with a synthetic patch or paneling that looked.... more natural than a block of rubber does.
Super Champion Fun Zone

ToshiroTownune

• Rep: 70
« Reply #1565 on: April 22, 2022, 10:13:33 AM »
Central Boardshop is having a 25% off sale on all footwear until April 24th with code SPRING25 and they have some 420s. Just ordered a pair: https://www.central-boardshop.com/product/new-balance-numeric-nm420-marquise-henry-black-chocolate/10489?cp=true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=false&category_id=32

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1566 on: April 22, 2022, 01:51:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I ordered some blondeys …
[close]
Same
[close]
no idea on the sizing though, will probably flip them for some scrilla
Received mine today. I went half-size up based on the sizing of the vegan Sambas and the Suciu/Paradigm Gazelles, but it really wasn't necessary in these.  They are too big and I'll probably return them for my TTS.  Either way, I really don't think they are skateable.  I think they'd be fine from a durability standpoint, but they are so thin, minimal padding, flimsy structure, the tongue is a single-layer of ripstop etc., even my vegan Sambas feel bulky compared to these and I could never skate in the Sambas either. It's fine though because I think these look great as casual shoes anyway.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1567 on: April 22, 2022, 10:16:22 PM »
Good to hear about the sizing because I went TTS, not good to hear they aren’t skateable because I’ve been wanting to skate in the 3 stripes for a minute now…

DJSoftspot

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1568 on: April 23, 2022, 04:28:21 AM »
Where are you guys ordering the blondey’s? I tried that adidas app and it fuckin sucks

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1569 on: April 23, 2022, 04:33:44 AM »
Where are you guys ordering the blondey’s? I tried that adidas app and it fuckin sucks
straight from Thames site, intl. shipping was actually really cheap!

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1570 on: April 23, 2022, 07:56:31 AM »
Paradeworld has them too, for much cheaper than the Thames site (in the US anyway)

DJSoftspot

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1571 on: April 23, 2022, 03:42:50 PM »
Word. Thanks. Ended up buying from Cowtown. Hoping I can actually skate them

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #1572 on: April 30, 2022, 08:28:37 AM »
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Converse_CTAS_Pro_Hi_Shoes/descpage-CVCHPPB.html

If I'm not mistaken, these are vegan correct? I know Mike Anderson has the same model of shoe, which are vegan, but his are murdered out.

It seems Sole Tech brands constantly change which shoes in their lineup are vegan. I'm sick of getting used to a shoe, then having them go out of production. Hopefully, the Cons just fit and I can stick with them.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1573 on: April 30, 2022, 09:10:24 AM »
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Converse_CTAS_Pro_Hi_Shoes/descpage-CVCHPPB.html

If I'm not mistaken, these are vegan correct? I know Mike Anderson has the same model of shoe, which are vegan, but his are murdered out.

It seems Sole Tech brands constantly change which shoes in their lineup are vegan. I'm sick of getting used to a shoe, then having them go out of production. Hopefully, the Cons just fit and I can stick with them.
Yep, these are vegan

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1574 on: April 30, 2022, 01:56:02 PM »
@PuffinMuffin  Soletech seems to be rotating which models they're trying "vegan" materials with since people have been asking for vegan versions of XYZ from them that didn't have them before. However, they seem to be pretty regularly making many vegan versions of the models below. I see at least one from them in almost each seasonal drop.

Etnies:
Jameson, Fuerte, Joslin, Marana, Calli Vulc, Windrow Vulc

Es:
Accel Slim, Accel Slim Plus Everstitch, Accel OG

Emerica:
Dickson, Wino G6 Slip, Romero Laced, and the new Quentin
Super Champion Fun Zone

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1575 on: April 30, 2022, 03:30:58 PM »
@PuffinMuffin  Soletech seems to be rotating which models they're trying "vegan" materials with since people have been asking for vegan versions of XYZ from them that didn't have them before. However, they seem to be pretty regularly making many vegan versions of the models below. I see at least one from them in almost each seasonal drop.

Etnies:
Jameson, Fuerte, Joslin, Marana, Calli Vulc, Windrow Vulc

Es:
Accel Slim, Accel Slim Plus Everstitch, Accel OG

Emerica:
Dickson, Wino G6 Slip, Romero Laced, and the new Quentin

Calli Vulcs were decent, but after a while, the soles felt slippery on grip. The Sheep Windrow Vulc was the only recent Sole Tech shoe I liked. I really wish they didn't discontinue it. If memory serves Etnies claimed one of their 2022 Windrows was vegan then later recanted the statement. The new murdered out Templeton looks promising, but who knows how long that will stay around.

I abhor Ninejah but have been tempted into transgression and covet his Free 2's. Lord forgive me for I have sinned.  :'(

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1576 on: May 01, 2022, 02:06:09 AM »
Looks like eS have a few versions of the swift 1.5 for the next few seasons, they always do a a vegan versions of the accel plus but it looks like Etnies is leading the pack with constant Marana and Joslins in every drop recently.

I’m waiting on the spanlys but has anyone actually tried the Quentins? Seems like they are getting zero love, wouldn’t be surprised if emerica dropped them…
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 06:30:49 AM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1577 on: May 01, 2022, 07:46:42 AM »
Looks like eS have a few versions of the swift 1.5 for the next few seasons, they always do a a vegan versions of the accel plus but it looks like Etnies is leading the pack with constant Marana and Joslins in every drop recently.

I’m waiting on the spanlys but has anyone actually tried the Quentins? Seems like they are getting zero love, wouldn’t be surprised if emerica dropped them…
If the vegan Quentin launched in any other color it would’ve been an instant buy for me, but I really don’t like blue & white shoes for some reason. Hope it stays for one more season so I can try them out (still bitter about them never launching those other vegan cupsoles a few years ago)

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #1578 on: May 01, 2022, 09:22:09 AM »

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1579 on: May 01, 2022, 02:15:17 PM »
Just saw these: https://etnies.com/collections/mens-shoes/products/windrow-vulc-mid-x-earth-day-blue

Looks good for a vegan mid top.
Just came here to post these!  @PuffinMuffin  if you're looking for another version of the windrow, here you go.  The vegan white eS Caspian is on the eS website now too.    https://esskateboarding.com/collections/vegan/products/caspian-white

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1580 on: May 03, 2022, 05:37:24 AM »
Recently saw some vegan Addidas Samba’s, just wondering if there is any difference between those and the regular Samba ADV? I’m just wondering because it’s missing the ADV part but otherwise look identical. Anybody have the vegans and vouch for comfort? I’m guessing the vegans aren’t designed for skating in?

https://www.adidas.com/us/samba-vegan-shoes/H01877.html?pr=product_rr&slot=2&rec=mt

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1581 on: May 03, 2022, 06:25:09 AM »
Recently saw some vegan Addidas Samba’s, just wondering if there is any difference between those and the regular Samba ADV? I’m just wondering because it’s missing the ADV part but otherwise look identical. Anybody have the vegans and vouch for comfort? I’m guessing the vegans aren’t designed for skating in?

https://www.adidas.com/us/samba-vegan-shoes/H01877.html?pr=product_rr&slot=2&rec=mt
they aren’t designed for skating but even @Sk.A.T.A.N likes the regular ones better. Sizing is small on them and they are super slim from memory, I think I was in between sizes. I almost feel like you could go a full size up if you wanted to replace the insole, at least 0.5 than your tts.
Just posted in the main thread but my blondeys arrived today, very minimalist but they still feel quite solid, still tossing up whether I should skate them or not…

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1582 on: May 03, 2022, 06:42:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
they aren’t designed for skating but even @Sk.A.T.A.N likes the regular ones better. Sizing is small on them and they are super slim from memory, I think I was in between sizes. I almost feel like you could go a full size up if you wanted to replace the insole, at least 0.5 than your tts.
Just posted in the main thread but my blondeys arrived today, very minimalist but they still feel quite solid, still tossing up whether I should skate them or not…

Thanks for the reply,
Those Blondeys look pretty sick too but sold out of my size

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

jkadams

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1583 on: May 04, 2022, 10:10:55 AM »
> has anyone actually tried the Quentins?

I checked them out and returned them.  They seemed pretty flimsy/cheap; I removed the insole and it looked/felt like they had that "egg crate"-style midsole under the thin cloth (like a grid of rubber [or whatever the material is] with mostly open spaces, rather than a solid midsole piece); I've seen that in some Lakai shoes.  Maybe that's not actually as bad as it seems, but it seems bad to me; probably fine if you're 98 pounds, but I'm not.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1584 on: May 05, 2022, 01:21:07 AM »
The Quentin has the same sole as the Romero Laced  and I think the Figgy 1. For quality of the sole refer to reviews about those shoes.

Those soles aren't terrible, buy my personal opinion is that they're not that good. I don't prefer things cupsoles anyways tbh.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1585 on: May 05, 2022, 06:04:59 AM »

I checked them out and returned them.  They seemed pretty flimsy/cheap; I removed the insole and it looked/felt like they had that "egg crate"-style midsole under the thin cloth (like a grid of rubber [or whatever the material is] with mostly open spaces, rather than a solid midsole piece); I've seen that in some Lakai shoes.  Maybe that's not actually as bad as it seems, but it seems bad to me; probably fine if you're 98 pounds, but I'm not.
kinda confirms what I've heard then, that they are a price point shoe. Defs waiting on the Spanlys although...

@PuffinMuffin  you seen this drop? I'm guessing you'll be down for the mids? That 2nd navy/ gum cupsole model though, damn!!!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1586 on: May 05, 2022, 06:07:08 AM »
The Quentin has the same sole as the Romero Laced  and I think the Figgy 1. For quality of the sole refer to reviews about those shoes.

Those soles aren't terrible, buy my personal opinion is that they're not that good. I don't prefer things cupsoles anyways tbh.
Are they the same? I was more worried about the insoles, are they just basic flat ones?

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1587 on: May 05, 2022, 09:00:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
kinda confirms what I've heard then, that they are a price point shoe. Defs waiting on the Spanlys although...

@PuffinMuffin  you seen this drop? I'm guessing you'll be down for the mids? That 2nd navy/ gum cupsole model though, damn!!!

Yes, I saw when @kneebone posted a couple of days ago. They also dropped an off-white colorway of the Windrows. I'm still waiting on my Cons to arrive. Hopefully, they fit and skate well!  ;)

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1588 on: May 05, 2022, 06:09:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Are they the same? I was more worried about the insoles, are they just basic flat ones?

Left far too many errors in my original post, so my bad if anyone  had trouble understanding -_-

The sole appears to be the same as Romero and the insole should be same: basic thin foam insert that the Romero and Figgy 1 offer. Semi glued in. This cupsole is deep enough that you could definitely swap an insole (nothing like an Ultracush or 1st gen Popcush tho) to make it more comfortable and more protective.
Super Champion Fun Zone

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1589 on: May 07, 2022, 01:42:49 PM »
Just received my order of eS Caspians. These are going to give the LRABs a good run for favorite shoe in a long time. Looking down on them they are extremely reminiscent of Jamie Thomas emericas (albeit vulc instead of cup) and those are my favorite shoes of all time. Can't wait to see how these skate (fucking awful weather in philly this weekend  >:( )