Author Topic: Skater hero of the London Attack  (Read 16712 times)

kook nukem

Re: Skater hero of the London Attack
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2017, 08:59:20 PM »

R.I.P. Ignacio.

DannyDee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2017, 10:12:18 PM »
Terrible that he passed away, but such a hero for doing what he did. I would hope a respected brand (maybe Real, they have a history of such actions) give this guy a one-off board and donate the profits to help with funeral expences and such. I know due to a friend dying in a foreign country that it can be very expensive to have a body flown back to a country for burial. That is before typical burial and funeral costs.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 10:18:04 PM by DannyDee »

midevilco

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2017, 11:19:52 PM »

R.I.P. Ignacio.

Wow. That comic hurts in so many ways. Not all cultures are created equal.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2017, 12:12:10 AM »

R.I.P. Ignacio.

This got me tearing up....again: what a hero! Incredible.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2017, 12:47:06 AM »
Expand Quote
FUCK ISIS. All these god damn ISIS sympathizers got their heads slammed in a car door when they were a baby. I can't understand how people think it's wrong to try and fucking do something about them. I'm not sure what to do about them but it would sure help if people actually had an idea of how to react in the occurrence of a terrorist attack.

RIP to the big homie.
[close]
I was talking about the attack with a friend last night and he was talking about reading an article that outlined what elements are common in the jihadis that have plotted or carried out attacks here in the U.K. And amongst other things the expert that wrote the article made the point that in Pakistani communities about 50% of marriages are arranged between first cousins (before you accuse anyone of racism look it up) and the thinned gene pool didn't exactly help create the brightest individuals for critical thinking. Please note this does not mean I am stating that all Pakistanis are stupid it was just one of the factors they took into account.

Taking on three armed terrorists with a skateboard, SOTY.

do you mean the Pakistani community in the UK?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2017, 12:49:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
FUCK ISIS. All these god damn ISIS sympathizers got their heads slammed in a car door when they were a baby. I can't understand how people think it's wrong to try and fucking do something about them. I'm not sure what to do about them but it would sure help if people actually had an idea of how to react in the occurrence of a terrorist attack.

RIP to the big homie.
[close]
I was talking about the attack with a friend last night and he was talking about reading an article that outlined what elements are common in the jihadis that have plotted or carried out attacks here in the U.K. And amongst other things the expert that wrote the article made the point that in Pakistani communities about 50% of marriages are arranged between first cousins (before you accuse anyone of racism look it up) and the thinned gene pool didn't exactly help create the brightest individuals for critical thinking. Please note this does not mean I am stating that all Pakistanis are stupid it was just one of the factors they took into account.

[close]
I've read either the same article or one saying the same thing. Facts are facts man. Some people will attack you and call you a facsist nazi bigot even though you clearly aren't and some people will look at facts for what they are and realize the way different cultures go about life makes them different in a variety of ways. I know, it's a shocking theory. But there's something about that area of the world that's causing them to churn out so many unstable individuals.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/civilian-deaths-drone-strikes_us_561fafe2e4b028dd7ea6c4ff

Yeah that area of the world is just shit so we bomb the fuck outta it and wonder why people there are pissed off......

They asked a ISIS recruiter - about drone attacks - he said the campaigning he has to do to recruit a village would take 5-6 months yet one drone attack will make a whole village take his side after seeing innocent kids being blown up
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 12:51:58 AM by fulfillthedream »

[

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2017, 01:08:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

RIP to the big homie.
[close]

[close]
I've read either the same article or one saying the same thing. Facts are facts man. Some people will attack you and call you a facsist nazi bigot even though you clearly aren't and some people will look at facts for what they are and realize the way different cultures go about life makes them different in a variety of ways. I know, it's a shocking theory. But there's something about that area of the world that's causing them to churn out so many unstable individuals.
[close]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/civilian-deaths-drone-strikes_us_561fafe2e4b028dd7ea6c4ff

Yeah that area of the world is just shit so we bomb the fuck outta it and wonder why people there are pissed off......

They asked a ISIS recruiter - about drone attacks - he said the campaigning he has to do to recruit a village would take 5-6 months yet one drone attack will make a whole village take his side after seeing innocent kids being blown up

Most of the terrorists who struck Europe in the recent years grew up in Europe. Blaming the West for everything is just as simplistic as blaming everything on islam.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2017, 01:13:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

RIP to the big homie.
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Most of the terrorists who struck Europe in the recent years grew up in Europe. Blaming the West for everything is just as simplistic as blaming everything on islam.

you are right about the attackers being local - but i was responding to Sodajerk's idea of "there must be something going on in that part of the world that makes people pissed off"

[

LeakThis

• Rep: -26
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2017, 01:20:08 AM »
 Religion of peace my ass fuck this! Rip

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2017, 01:29:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

RIP to the big homie.
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

you are right about the attackers being local - but i was responding to Sodajerk's idea of "there must be something going on in that part of the world that makes people pissed off"

yeah I see what you meant, no problem. It's a complex, worldwide situation, and that's why it'll go on, there's no easy solution. Actually it's been going on. islamic extremists planted bombs in Paris in the 80's and 90's.

Anyways let's not turn this thread into an argument, it's about paying respect to that guy and what he did!

A MAN

• Rep: 68
    • SKATE TIT avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2017, 01:40:28 AM »

Loose translation: Not all heroes wear capes, some skateboard.

(I'm sure someone here can translate that better than me)

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2017, 02:10:37 AM »
RIP

Also A MAN your traduction is on point.
I agree with oldie, let's not turn this thread into an argument. Terrorism is a complex issue that cannot be reduce to a a couple of sentences on a skateboarding message board.

Just remember to enjoy your life on the daily and appreciate the moments you share with you cherished ones. Try to act wisely and keep the agressivity and violence out of your life if it's possible.
Life can end anyday, with an heart attack, a car accident, or a terrorist attack.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2017, 04:46:09 AM »
Those cartoons are so awesome

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2017, 05:24:42 AM »
Rest In Peace. I fear for my young nieces, the world gets uglier every day. Fuck.

Chuck Gender

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2017, 07:54:15 AM »
Rest In Peace. I fear for my young nieces, the world gets uglier every day. Fuck.

Seriously,  you should not. Their goal is to make you feel unsafe in public space.  I know it is difficult and I am not living in a place where terrorists struck (yet), but we cannot allow these scumbags to get into our heads like that. Plus, numbers-wise the world has never been a more secure place than today (according to stuff I read recently).

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2017, 02:19:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Seriously,  you should not. Their goal is to make you feel unsafe in public space.  I know it is difficult and I am not living in a place where terrorists struck (yet), but we cannot allow these scumbags to get into our heads like that. Plus, numbers-wise the world has never been a more secure place than today (according to stuff I read recently).

True. I try to keep a PMA but it's hard these days.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2017, 11:35:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree in theory but easier said than done.... As I said before, I have 2 kids. I live in Brussels and go back to Paris regularly, where I'm from. There have been multiple attacks in the last 2 years, I lost count basically. And well, the fact is, as a family, we avoid large gatherings now. Sad but true. I did not feel comfortable staying in front of Notre Dame the other day, among the hordes of tourists, and less than 24 hours later, there was an attack right there. Shots fired. And that made me think. I'd rather be safe than sorry when my kids are with me.

uncle ducky do

• Rep: -110
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2017, 06:44:03 AM »
Islam is the culprit boys, call me a racist or islamaphobe all you want but at the end of the day do you really think people are killing themselves and as many as they can take with them just to help their crew get to the top?  No, they believe they will have divine reward for what they do.

Not all Muslims are terrorists, but as long as the literature calls for and condones these disgusting acts, all Muslims are potential.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2017, 07:27:58 AM »

Loose translation: Not all heroes wear capes, some skateboard.

(I'm sure someone here can translate that better than me)

100%

Chuck Gender

« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2017, 11:42:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I agree in theory but easier said than done.... As I said before, I have 2 kids. I live in Brussels and go back to Paris regularly, where I'm from. There have been multiple attacks in the last 2 years, I lost count basically. And well, the fact is, as a family, we avoid large gatherings now. Sad but true. I did not feel comfortable staying in front of Notre Dame the other day, among the hordes of tourists, and less than 24 hours later, there was an attack right there. Shots fired. And that made me think. I'd rather be safe than sorry when my kids are with me.

I would probably do the same if I was in your situation. I will perhaps go to the rock-en-seine festival in Paris soon and I also thought about not going due to the attacks that happened in Paris. But I am trying to not let them achieve their goal and make us more paranoid than we already are...

kook nukem

« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2017, 10:09:46 PM »
Glad you're safe Frenchie. I hate to say it, but I find myself more on edge in large gatherings, too.  :-\

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2017, 11:08:44 PM »
Damn, tragic story. Dude is as heroic as it gets.

I saw somewhere on Instagram a skate shop in Spain mentioned they'd see Ignacio in the shop and he had been skating for a long time too. It would be great if a local park was named after him or something.

Also found this photo of Ignacio. :'(

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 11:14:10 PM by REGS »

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2017, 02:33:44 AM »
Glad you're safe Frenchie. I hate to say it, but I find myself more on edge in large gatherings, too.  :-\

thanks man. This might seem corny, but I really feel like we all lost a brother in that worldwide skating tribe. A 39 year-old lawyer, still fucking around on a plank of wood, that's as true as it gets in my book.

Spain honours 'skateboarding hero':
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40226731

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2017, 07:17:46 AM »
Islam is the culprit boys, call me a racist or islamaphobe all you want but at the end of the day do you really think people are killing themselves and as many as they can take with them just to help their crew get to the top?  No, they believe they will have divine reward for what they do.

Not all Muslims are terrorists, but as long as the literature calls for and condones these disgusting acts, all Muslims are potential.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 777
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2017, 09:05:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Mike V thougt the powell rider guide was to be taken litteraly too

busted-knee

• Rep: -12
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2017, 10:02:43 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40226731

RIP. A true hero who died saving others.  :'(

Vert Reynolds

• Rep: -32
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2017, 02:43:13 AM »
Muslims are about setting them selves up for the after Life.....That alone proves to me, That they look down on any non Muslim (Not in a bad way but.....).
Add the Radical to that Religion & you have a dangerous person.  ISIS is running their own people out of Villages, For not following the Shariya Law.

Ever since Ramadan hit...the Terrorist Attacks Haven't stooped  :-\ :-\ :-\

Do You even Street Style ???

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2017, 07:22:52 AM »
The thinly veiled Islamaphobia in this thread is amusing

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 777
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2017, 07:24:41 AM »
The thinly veiled Islamaphobia in this thread is amusing a bummer

uncle ducky do

• Rep: -110
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2017, 10:14:13 AM »
The thinly veiled Islamaphobia in this thread is amusing

Enough with that hollow term.  A phobia is defined as an irrational fear, and if you didn't notice, multiple euro pals have posted in this thread of their very real and very rational fear of public gatherings, are they too "islamaphobic"?   Have you read the Quran or the Hadiths?   Do you care to discuss some of the writings in their most sacred texts?