Author Topic: Skater hero of the London Attack  (Read 16710 times)

Ineffable Epoch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -77
Skater hero of the London Attack
« on: June 05, 2017, 03:38:34 AM »
http://elpatin.com/desaparece-un-skater-que-intento-socorrer-a-una-victima-del-atentado-de-londres/

Here is the translation:

Ignacio Echevarria went back home from a skate session when he found one of the biggest tragedies that the city of London has ever lived in many years, the terrorist attack of this last weekend. He was circulating on his bike with the skateboard tied on his back when he witnessed how one of the terrorists stabbed a woman. "On that moment he got off the bike and hit the aggressor whit his board while the other two hit him on the back, and they left him liying on the floor", some of Ignacio's friends tell to the newspaper El Pais. After the struggle, his friends lost track of him and he hasn't been found nor identified yet.

From that moment, his family has gone through all the hospitals of the zone but they haven't found him. The ones closest to him explain that he never used to carry his Identity Card with him when he was on a skate session, so during the attack he was probably undocumented. Spanish ministry of internal affairs, Juan Ignacio Zoido, has tried to spread a message of calm by saying that, as the attack is very recent, he should be sedated: "the majority of the victims that have been intervened are still sedated. Only 48 hours have passed since the terrorist attack", has declared Zoido to the radio station Cadena Ser.

Ignacio Echevarria is 1,75 meters tall, was wearing Vans shoes and was dressed in jeans and a black sweater. We hope to receive soon the news that he has been found so that this nightmare ends soon for his family and friends.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
Re: Skater hero of the London Attack
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 07:15:52 AM »
I really hope that he's still alive, Spanish media and skaters are doing a good job spreading the word.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 07:36:11 AM »
Hope he's alright. That man is a bonafide hero.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 08:24:36 AM »

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 08:26:53 AM »
By the way I hope Cosme, SodaJerk and all london pals are ok!

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 10:12:08 AM »
Damn! Pulling for him to come back. True hero.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

kook nukem

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 10:27:28 AM »
Hope the best for him. Ever since I was a skate-obsessed kid, one of my first thoughts during these sorts of attacks in big cities is always if any skaters were affected. This guy sounds like a good dude.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 10:44:43 AM »
That took alot of courage

I hope he's safe and sound

Gentleman ninja warlock

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 11:38:44 AM »
Hey man, I'm all good. I was about 2 miles south of where it happened and heard about it with friends after getting home from the pub. As tragic as all of this is it's been great to hear all the stories of people getting stuck in to defend others. London is truly an amazing city and despite all the craziness that goes on here people do stick together and do the right thing by each other when the chips are down.

I really hope this guy is found safe and well. Cosme is fine too. I've just been talking to him.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 12:40:21 PM »

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 12:48:48 PM »
of course he's a hero, every nacho I have ever met has been a good dude

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 588
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 06:41:29 PM »
When they find hime someone better send that man a box
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2017, 07:08:38 PM »
Strange the most watched country in the world isn't releasing the footage. 3 terror attacks in 3 months.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 12:49:17 AM »
damn that's heavy. Really hope he will turn out ok.

also glad Londoners were attacked by guys with knives and not AK47s like in Paris 2 years ago. You can actually somewhat defend yourself/others against a knife attack but even regular police were outgunned at the Bataclan.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2017, 01:46:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Hey man, I'm all good. I was about 2 miles south of where it happened and heard about it with friends after getting home from the pub. As tragic as all of this is it's been great to hear all the stories of people getting stuck in to defend others. London is truly an amazing city and despite all the craziness that goes on here people do stick together and do the right thing by each other when the chips are down.

I really hope this guy is found safe and well. Cosme is fine too. I've just been talking to him.
Good to hear from you!

Also

glad Londoners were attacked by guys with knives and not AK47s like in Paris 2 years ago. You can actually somewhat defend yourself/others against a knife attack but even regular police were outgunned at the Bataclan.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 01:59:20 AM »
hope for the best damn.

busted-knee

• Rep: -12
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 03:26:30 AM »
Strange the most watched country in the world isn't releasing the footage. 3 terror attacks in 3 months.

It's part of a criminal investigation you giant fuck-wad. The purpose of the video isn't for morons to watch on Fox "News".

Edit: I hope this fella is okay and all slap pals in London and Manchester, of course.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 03:28:23 AM by busted-knee »

kook nukem

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 09:43:01 PM »
Anyone know if there's any news about him?

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 12:02:19 AM »
I'm afraid it doesn't look good. It's been 3 days already.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/06/relatives-press-uk-for-news-of-spaniard-missing-since-london-attack

Also had a close call myself, it turns out. I was hanging out in front of Notre Dame in Paris monday, with wife and kids. And tuesday a dude assaulted a police officer with a hammer there. Shots were fired, he was killed on the spot. About a 1000 people were confined in the church for hours. My wife is totally paranoid about going to public places and I'm beginning to feel that way too....

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 12:58:58 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/06/relatives-press-uk-for-news-of-spaniard-missing-since-london-attack

Also had a close call myself, it turns out. I was hanging out in front of Notre Dame in Paris monday, with wife and kids. And tuesday a dude assaulted a police officer with a hammer there. Shots were fired, he was killed on the spot. About a 1000 people were confined in the church for hours. My wife is totally paranoid about going to public places and I'm beginning to feel that way too....
I hear you, I'm going to paris next week to visit my family and my gf is getting kinda paranoid too. She's afraid of taking the metro and going to some places...
I was living there last year and I try to keep it calm thinking car accident, bad food and tobacco kills millions times more than terrorism but it still getting stressful.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 01:38:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I hear you, I'm going to paris next week to visit my family and my gf is getting kinda paranoid too. She's afraid of taking the metro and going to some places...
I was living there last year and I try to keep it calm thinking car accident, bad food and tobacco kills millions times more than terrorism but it still getting stressful.

yup stressful it is. Especially with kids. I have a 4  year old and a 9 year old and I don't want them to be anywhere near that type of event...what really gets me down is I think we'll have to live with that stuff for decades probably. I don't see any end to the madness.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 02:15:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

yup stressful it is. Especially with kids. I have a 4  year old and a 9 year old and I don't want them to be anywhere near that type of event...what really gets me down is I think we'll have to live with that stuff for decades probably. I don't see any end to the madness.
That's true. It appears that the terrorist in Notre Dame was a Phd student. I mean he may have acted crazy trying to kill a cop with a hammer, but he wasn't a dumb uneducated guy with a criminal backrground. The scariest thing is anybody willing to die or to kill can now act crazy and say it's in the name of Isis or whatever.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 05:12:21 AM »
They family confirmed that they found the body, fuck...  rest in peace :'(

Descansa en paz h?roe

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2017, 05:40:26 AM »
They family confirmed that they found the body, fuck...  rest in peace :'(

Descansa en paz h?roe
That sucks, was really hoping he'd be found safe and sound. Let's all make a little bit more of an effort to be nicer to each other as brothers and sisters in skateboarding because you never know who's going to put their life on the line for others in need, R.I.P man, you went down swinging.

Chuck Gender

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2017, 06:05:55 AM »
This is making me truly sad. He tried to stop these fucks and paid with his own life...

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -98
  • tae-tae
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2017, 06:31:23 AM »
This is making me truly sad. He tried to stop these fucks and paid with his own life...

a true hero.. RIP
ohyeahohyeah

artless

• Rep: 22
  • PFFT!
    • PFFT! skate stuff avatar image
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2017, 07:07:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

a true hero.. RIP
In the true sense of the word... RIP.

Ineffable Epoch

• Rep: -77
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2017, 07:28:24 AM »
There were no official statements yet so I had hope, but two minutes ago it has been confirmed. This is so fucked... RIP Ignacio...

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2017, 07:39:26 AM »
Very sad news. condolences to his loved ones.