Author Topic: Uneven Concave? FA / PS Stix  (Read 5725 times)

JoshuaB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
Uneven Concave? FA / PS Stix
« on: August 25, 2017, 03:32:21 AM »
Didn't notice this until I started gripping it. I know it's hard to spot but you can definitely feel the difference.
Anyone ever had this issue before?

Nose<  >Tail

Tail<  >Nose
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 03:34:47 AM by JoshuaB »

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: Uneven Concave? FA / PS Stix
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 03:43:51 AM »
Might have been cut off centre.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 05:53:31 AM »
Assymetrical concave #trend2018

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 06:07:17 AM »
Totally noticeable and it sucks. I'd email them or something.

I'm pretty sure I've heard a few people on here say that PS Stix seem to have a good number of quality control issues.

micky682

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 06:15:41 AM »

I'm pretty sure I've heard a few people on here say that PS Stix seem to have a good number of quality control issues.
FA two day shipped my buddy a new board when his delaminated. Email them.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 06:17:42 AM »
Oh shit that sucks and has me worried because I couldn't resist the Freddy Kreuger board

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 08:59:08 AM »

Hopefully the FA people are cooler about it than Quasi was, had a few issues with their boards and they basically told me to screw and if I didn't like the "hand crafted quality of PS Stix" to ride something else.  Polar and Anti Hero have been pretty great for me lately. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 09:02:18 AM »
I just pulled my Fred guest of the wall, and it's uneven too, but no where near as bad as your pictures look.

thespacewolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 13
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 09:20:49 AM »
I just skated a Quasi and its was uneven as hell. Went back to generator.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 10:11:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hopefully the FA people are cooler about it than Quasi was, had a few issues with their boards and they basically told me to screw and if I didn't like the "hand crafted quality of PS Stix" to ride something else.  Polar and Anti Hero have been pretty great for me lately. 

I have the quasi below, you know the one that came with flowers. It was so uneven too that I turned it into a wall hangar. Haven't been impressed with many of my PS stix. It's got me afraid to get a snack I want. Always been happy with BBS and South Central.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 11:03:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that's total bullshit, PS has well documented quality issues across all brands, they see the boxes and boards when they come in, I can't believe they have never seen these issues, many times

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 11:12:48 AM »
lol buying boards online instead of going to a skateshop and standing on them like an adult

JoshuaB

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 05:36:37 PM »
lol buying boards online instead of going to a skateshop and standing on them like an adult
Did I say I bought it online?

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2017, 07:52:53 PM »

Did Quasi really say that to you? That's really shitty. There are way too many board options these days for companies to be dicking around with attitudes like that. Next.

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2017, 08:22:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Did Quasi really say that to you? That's really shitty. There are way too many board options these days for companies to be dicking around with attitudes like that. Next.

cant believe they'd say something to that effect. I had a delaminated quasi board, sent a pic of it along with the serial number on the board and they shipped me out a new one next day. good people.

JoshuaB

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2017, 08:37:25 PM »
Emailed. Stay tuned.

rubbery vagina

• Rep: -51
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2017, 09:26:22 PM »
Are quasi boards shit or what? I really like the shape and size but haven't skated one

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2017, 09:30:56 PM »
Are quasi boards shit or what? I really like the shape and size but haven't skated one

im skating my first one the Al Davis one with the ladys face and the stained background - it skates really well but i did notice somecracks in the first ply... ill post photos later
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2200
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2017, 09:49:34 PM »
Jimi got fired for sitting on a stack of boards,hence your uneven set up

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2017, 03:32:55 AM »
I've ordered a Quasi board from my local skateshop back in Portugal to Germany, but they had some problems with the shipping, so this week I went there (I'm on holidays) to buy some clothes and the board was still there.
 (This one: https://venueskateboards.com/products/quasi-gilbert-crockett-max-dog-deck-8-25)
I saw it on hand and the shape was so poorly made, like it is kinda squarish I know, but it was even symmetrical in my eyes. The tail was sooo short, I compared to some other boards the same size and it was like 1inch shorter and the shape was more like a rounder razortail than a squarish tail. So I just went with a Polar board, Generator wood never fails me and I keep going back to it.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2017, 06:06:29 AM »
I might be alone on this one, but I never really cared for ps boards.  I swear they just kinda lose their life pretty quickly.  Also the quasi 8.25 shape has the steepest nose on any board I've ever seen, making nollie flips fucking impossible for me because my timing is all off.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2017, 07:13:27 AM »
I like PS Stix and have never had problems....I ride them because they are consistently steep and the shapes are similar

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2017, 07:16:42 AM »
I like PS Stix and have never had problems....I ride them because they are consistently steep and the shapes are similar
I ride them because I like them. I had a Quasi delam in the pocket and the shop I bought it from replaced it. I didn't have to deal with Quasi.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2017, 07:39:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah they were pretty shitty and condescending. 

On the flip side, I broke a Real board on day 2, hit up LennyDLXSF on here and both him and Jim T went out of their way to make sure I got a new board and was still stoked on DLX. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2017, 07:59:54 AM »
PS shapes are the worst; they're always so clunky. I have a WKND deck that I got as a gift from forever ago that's just been sitting under my bed collecting dust because I can't bring myself to skate it because of the shape.

Also, as many of the guests from nine club have already proved through stories, Jim T. is the best dude in all of skateboarding and it  definitely shines through to DLX as well. While other companies treat defect/quality complaints on their products as a hassle or an annoyance to deal with, DLX treats it as a top priority and they bust their asses to make sure the customer is always satisfied and happy with their products at the end of the day. More companies should take note.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2017, 09:40:16 AM »
My favorite boards of late have been hockey's and FAs because of the shapes.
you never know about pre-cum 

shit_for_brains

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2017, 10:24:25 AM »
My favorite boards of late have been hockey's and FAs because of the shapes.

Mine too.  Gen/BBS is all around better, ticks more boxes, but these shapes are outta control.

Gorgeous

• Rep: -7
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2017, 07:58:23 PM »
I might be alone on this one, but I never really cared for ps boards.  I swear they just kinda lose their life pretty quickly.  Also the quasi 8.25 shape has the steepest nose on any board I've ever seen, making nollie flips fucking impossible for me because my timing is all off.
You're not alone. The giant/steep nose short/flat tail thing PS have goin on really sucks.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2017, 08:58:51 PM »
PS quality and consistency are all over the map.

IHOP

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2017, 01:33:06 AM »
Seen quite a few FA PS stix boards that are drilled wrong, have had that issue on a 917 board too.  Both 917 and Fa are switching to bareback, the new 917 boards are BBS.  Last time I was at the shop some FA boards were PS and some were BBS, so i assume they are mid transition.