Author Topic: RIP P-Stone  (Read 100100 times)

Tyroneshoelaces

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -625
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: RIP P-Stone
« Reply #180 on: September 01, 2017, 06:26:23 AM »
Are people on here really defending drinking and driving?

some shitheads on here were encouraging and defending Ali drinking cos he had just been through a lot and got out of jail.   probably just a bunch of overweight slash dogs who scream "yip" at the local tranny spot and think a trick is better if there is bud heavy involved.   Those are the people who claim "it's totally normal and hey we all do it".  morons.  

Despite all that I'd hope we can put our pitchforks away (most have)  CK1 is probably close suicidal right now and that is not something i'd put on on my worst enemy. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 06:38:36 AM by Tyroneshoelaces »
where is home?

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #181 on: September 01, 2017, 06:33:49 AM »
A young guys ruins his life, and a man with a family is gone.

I haven't posted in ages - but my friend just told me he saw some shit on instagram, and here I am coming back to Slap to find out what happened.

P Stone answered one of my questions once when we did a Q&A on Slap here, it was about how long he went without taking a shower on roap trips I think.

Skateboarding is funny like that, you've seen these guys in print/photo/media for ages and you feel connected to them. Guys like P-Stone were a rare breed - you could see how he loved skateboarding and was loyal to his friends and family. He wasn't afraid to get dirty, work hard and make a great product we all could enjoy - shit like that will always be worth something to me. Guy could fashion a grill out of basically anything too...just a resourceful cool dude.

RIP to an original. Sad Day man...

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #182 on: September 01, 2017, 06:34:40 AM »
condolences to his family and friends.� so sorry to hear this

this is the appropriate response.  there really is not much more to say other than sharing some memories and good thoughts. whoever had that DVD idea good call.  the amount of misinformation on cory's current situation is appalling. let the cards play out before calling the hand.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #183 on: September 01, 2017, 06:52:21 AM »
some pretty uncool comments in here...

such a tragedy, man all the best to those affected 

Charbroil

• Rep: -14
« Reply #184 on: September 01, 2017, 06:58:59 AM »
My comments from last night were careless and stupid. RIP P-stone

bo golden

« Reply #185 on: September 01, 2017, 06:59:58 AM »
RIP P-Stone. I loved your videos.

I think I'm done with drinking for good now. This is just too heavy.

Donald Rump

« Reply #186 on: September 01, 2017, 07:00:20 AM »
RIP P-Stone

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #187 on: September 01, 2017, 07:03:54 AM »
Maybe Boulalala will contact Corey and kind of help guide him through this.  I can never imagine being responsible for the death of a friend due to my mistake. I'll admit to drinking and driving, I'll admit it's not a good idea, but shitting on a man who just lost everything is not the right thing at this time. We've all seen Corey's antics and just thought they were funny but looking back and realizing we werent watching a guy have carefree fun but actually self destructing is sobering. Talk to your friends about their substance abuse issues. Condolences to P-Stone and to what could have been an all-time great career

Post Modern

• Rep: -4
  • Nothing is original.
« Reply #188 on: September 01, 2017, 07:04:54 AM »
^You guys needa stop with that bullshit. Its shitty that he needs to, but good legal aid should always be used if one can afford it no matter what the situation is. You don't need to be sympathetic, but please think like an adult about the situation.

To be fair, I am under the assumption that Cory Kennedy will get a slap on the wrist due to his perfect storm of all things that will usually get you off in court (Trust fund rich, white, athlete, has a fanbase, first time offender). To think about his consequences as if this could happen to us or our friends is a bit of a stretch. But I dont really know the situation, im just bummed about it.

I also see hypocrisy with being so sympayhetic to him when our society blames victims for far less shady shit. Even within the skateboarding community we were quick to shit on Mikemo when all he did was fuck his ankle up (and we later find out he wasnt even drunk). I dont know man the whole thing is fucked...

But again RIP P-Stone.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 07:10:43 AM by Post Modern »
Tolerance is not a Sapiens trademark.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #189 on: September 01, 2017, 07:09:52 AM »
P Stone was very nice and gracious and he will be missed

Don't drink and drive. Ever.  It's not worth it. No one is 'good' at it. Just don't do it. How many times does someone have to die for the lesson to sink in? We have cabs, Uber, Lyft, there is no reason to drink and drive

This right here guys. I've driven drunk and ridden with drunk drivers in the past and its not something I'm proud of, but we now live in an age where drinking and driving is so easily avoidable that there's absolutely no excuse. Some of us, myself included, have been very lucky that nothing like this has happened in our lives. Don't let it happen.

That being said, I don't want to pass judgement on anyone, but this is one of the saddest things you can see when you first open up slap. RIP P-Stone.

mgeorge402

« Reply #190 on: September 01, 2017, 07:21:22 AM »
My condolences go out to his friends and family during this tragic time. I don't have any experience with him personally, or much insight into his personality other than the occasional video edits online. There was definitely a different vibe to those videos he was a part of and that must speak to his character to some degree. The news has obviously hit the industry hard, and I'm proud to be part of a community that mourns together in times like this.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #191 on: September 01, 2017, 07:24:50 AM »
super sad thread to start the day on
RIP P-Stone

JABRONI

• Rep: 43
« Reply #192 on: September 01, 2017, 07:25:27 AM »
R
Ah, greetings, greetings, and salutations. I beg your forgiveness. My tardiness was unavoidable. Rava, my love. Elaine, my dear friend.. And you must be Jerry. Lord of the manor. Ah, my liege. A pleasure to serve you.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1084
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #193 on: September 01, 2017, 07:27:10 AM »
Drinking and driving is terrible, ruins lives everytime.
Preston and Cory both lived the wild life, both took that risk that night.
Both made a mistake and and now they're paying.
One instantly, one in the long run.
More than once person had a chance to say/do something to stop them from getting in A car, that's the downside of partying.
Cory will be doing some time, no way around that.
And when he gets out the amazing life he built will be gone.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #194 on: September 01, 2017, 07:32:17 AM »
Drinking and driving is terrible, ruins lives everytime.
Preston and Cory both lived the wild life, both took that risk that night.
Both made a mistake and and now they're paying.
One instantly, one in the long run.
More than once person had a chance to say/do something to stop them from getting in A car, that's the downside of partying.
Cory will be doing some time, no way around that.
And when he gets out the amazing life he built will be gone.

well said.

I had no idea P-Stone had a wife and two kids, I can't even imagine what they must be going through.

RIP and condolences all around.

JABRONI

• Rep: 43
« Reply #195 on: September 01, 2017, 07:35:25 AM »
Rest In Peace Preston!!! condolences to his family and friends. Hope everything works out for Cory.

Life is short, go skate today for these two and everyone who got their trip cut short!

Ah, greetings, greetings, and salutations. I beg your forgiveness. My tardiness was unavoidable. Rava, my love. Elaine, my dear friend.. And you must be Jerry. Lord of the manor. Ah, my liege. A pleasure to serve you.

wheelies

« Reply #196 on: September 01, 2017, 07:48:07 AM »
I just want people to realize, especially the younger ones that driving is serous and needs to be respected.  Treat someone who drives recklessly sober and speeds dangerously sober the same as a person who just drank 12 beers. Tell them to stop, if you feel you need to, get out and get a uber home. Lifes to precious to be fucking around like that.

The shit P stone captured molded my mind into what skateboarding meant to me ever since I seen beers bowls and barneys as a youth, super grateful for what he did.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1224
« Reply #197 on: September 01, 2017, 07:58:05 AM »
I just want people to realize, especially the younger ones that driving is serous and needs to be respected.  Treat someone who drives recklessly sober and speeds dangerously sober the same as a person who just drank 12 beers. Tell them to stop, if you feel you need to, get out and get a uber home. Lifes to precious to be fucking around like that.

The shit P stone captured molded my mind into what skateboarding meant to me ever since I seen beers bowls and barneys as a youth, super grateful for what he did.

Well said Bawtawd.

This is a pretty heavy and overall devastating situation all around. My deepest sympathies to those lucky enough to have known Preston, and those whose lives he no doubt touched whether it be directly or indirectly.

It's incredibly unfortunate that things come to this of course, but I hope it's a bit of a wake-up call for those who sometimes seem to think their actions can go without consequence. Not a dig at anyone or Cory directly by any means, more of just a general notion.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Pretty Serious

« Reply #198 on: September 01, 2017, 08:14:23 AM »
Probably the most God-awful skate family news to wake up to.  Cory's life is changed forever and P-Stone is gone.
And most of us have been there, "the soberest drunk of the bunch drives" everyone gets in, and sometimes the Reaper
does too.  Tragic loss for skateboarding and condolences to the families involved.

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #199 on: September 01, 2017, 08:31:27 AM »
Probably the most God-awful skate family news to wake up to.  Cory's life is changed forever and P-Stone is gone.
And most of us have been there, "the soberest drunk of the bunch drives" everyone gets in, and sometimes the Reaper
does too.  Tragic loss for skateboarding and condolences to the families involved.

Not most. Just you drunkards.

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

spliffMODE

• Rep: 5
« Reply #200 on: September 01, 2017, 08:31:32 AM »
Makes me sick to my stomach. fucking terrible

Nobody should ever have to live with that kind of guilt, that being said .. sobriety is never a bad path to take

Hoping the best for ck1 and all of Preston's friends and family.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #201 on: September 01, 2017, 08:39:55 AM »
this is one of the saddest things you can see when you first open up slap. RIP P-Stone.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #202 on: September 01, 2017, 08:43:42 AM »
I don't drive drunk either, but I also don't get into car that's driven by a drunk.
RIP P-Stone, love to all affected and hang in there Cory.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #203 on: September 01, 2017, 08:44:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Probably the most God-awful skate family news to wake up to.� Cory's life is changed forever and P-Stone is gone.
does too.� Tragic loss for skateboarding and condolences to the families involved.
[close]

No. I bet more people in the US have drove home drunk as in above the legal limit than haven't. Unless you live in a part of the country where people don't drive as much. Of course you could probably never get an honest statistic on that. Nobody's saying drinking and driving is okay. People are just putting there self in someone elses shoes. You know, being empathetic.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1196
« Reply #204 on: September 01, 2017, 08:54:24 AM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero ? link=topic=96452.msg2681519#msg2681519 date=1504280395
Expand Quote
this is one of the saddest things you can see when you first open up slap. RIP P-Stone.
[close]
hardly art, hardly starving

S.E.

« Reply #205 on: September 01, 2017, 08:58:34 AM »
Terrible all around.  so sad. 

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #206 on: September 01, 2017, 09:02:21 AM »
Never personally knew the guy, but everything he brought to the table was gold. Good person, good grilling, and good videos. I was actually watching one of the Bru-ray videos on my phone, then opened instagram to find the Thrasher post. So unreal that life changing events like this can happen so quick without notice.

Anyone who is talking badly about this situation is posting without thinking. This is a terrible, terrible tragedy... But speaking of it with any bit of negativity is just plain stupid. Let the courts handle Cory because that's their job. Our job is to remember and praise a dude who loved skateboarding.

skate_spbr

• Rep: -2
« Reply #207 on: September 01, 2017, 09:10:38 AM »
RIP

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #208 on: September 01, 2017, 09:14:21 AM »
Damn, I just googled his name and saw he was supposed to get married in Feb 2018.

https://www.zola.com/registry/prestonandanna

Pretty Serious

« Reply #209 on: September 01, 2017, 09:14:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Probably the most God-awful skate family news to wake up to.� Cory's life is changed forever and P-Stone is gone.
does too.� Tragic loss for skateboarding and condolences to the families involved.
[close]

Fair enough.  Not to belabor the point "but at least here in WA", it's pretty easy to knock back a couple 7%+ craft brews and a bowl,  feel great, appear normal, but be over the .08% limit and technically drunk.  But this isn't the thread for finger pointing and one of my favorite clips of the zillion things I've watched in Skateboarding is P-Stone's blunt battle in the pool for a keg of PBR.  RIP in Peace and by that I mean rip.